Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Ruin Flight Rising
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 32 33
[i]NFTRising[/i] The update rolls out. Gems become exchangeable with bitcoin/ ethereum. Dragons are now NFTs. Dragons cannot breed freely anymore because minting NFTs is too expensive for it to be done for free. In order to breed dragons, the user must pay a $150 to $900 gas fee in order to "mint" dragons. (Yes. Those prices are from actual NFT minting websites and marketplaces.) The price rises if there are more than one egg. Same thing happens to unhatched elemental eggs. Users will have to pay a $150 to $900 minting fee to generate the dragon. The coliseum stays mostly the same, only now that a bitcoin/ eth miner runs in the background so that users [s]can speedrun their PC's/ phone's expiry date![/s] can earn real life money from a virtual dragon game! Of course, with money comes new crowds. All of those NFT bros on twitter and discord would come flocking to the site! Forum discourse slides away from "[i]OMG!! Look at this cute scry[/i]" to "[i]Look at how I made myself a [b]!!REAL LIFE MILLIONARE!![/b] from [b]DRAGONS[/b]!! Not clickbait!![/i] [emoji=sunglasses size=1]" [i]But wait! There's more![/i] User-made skins become their own type of NFT. Cue 100s of scammers making accounts to invest into this lucrative opportunity to flood the site with thousands of stolen artworks in the hopes to resell them. [s]I could think of more ways on how this theoretical update would be terrible, but I think I've thought up of enough.[/s]
NFTRising

The update rolls out.

Gems become exchangeable with bitcoin/ ethereum.

Dragons are now NFTs. Dragons cannot breed freely anymore because minting NFTs is too expensive for it to be done for free. In order to breed dragons, the user must pay a $150 to $900 gas fee in order to "mint" dragons. (Yes. Those prices are from actual NFT minting websites and marketplaces.) The price rises if there are more than one egg.

Same thing happens to unhatched elemental eggs. Users will have to pay a $150 to $900 minting fee to generate the dragon.

The coliseum stays mostly the same, only now that a bitcoin/ eth miner runs in the background so that users can speedrun their PC's/ phone's expiry date! can earn real life money from a virtual dragon game!

Of course, with money comes new crowds. All of those NFT bros on twitter and discord would come flocking to the site!
Forum discourse slides away from "OMG!! Look at this cute scry" to "Look at how I made myself a !!REAL LIFE MILLIONARE!! from DRAGONS!! Not clickbait!! "

But wait! There's more! User-made skins become their own type of NFT. Cue 100s of scammers making accounts to invest into this lucrative opportunity to flood the site with thousands of stolen artworks in the hopes to resell them.

I could think of more ways on how this theoretical update would be terrible, but I think I've thought up of enough.
WEtoEVH.png
[quote name="Server" date="2022-01-06 19:00:21" ] [i]NFTRising[/i] The update rolls out. Gems become exchangeable with bitcoin/ ethereum. Dragons are now NFTs. Dragons cannot breed freely anymore because minting NFTs is too expensive for it to be done for free. In order to breed dragons, the user must pay a $150 to $900 gas fee in order to "mint" dragons. (Yes. Those prices are from actual NFT minting websites and marketplaces.) The price rises if there are more than one egg. Same thing happens to unhatched elemental eggs. Users will have to pay a $150 to $900 minting fee to generate the dragon. The coliseum stays mostly the same, only now that a bitcoin/ eth miner runs in the background so that users [s]can speedrun their PC's/ phone's expiry date![/s] can earn real life money from a virtual dragon game! Of course, with money comes new crowds. All of those NFT bros on twitter and discord would come flocking to the site! Forum discourse slides away from "[i]OMG!! Look at this cute scry[/i]" to "[i]Look at how I made myself a [b]!!REAL LIFE MILLIONARE!![/b] from [b]DRAGONS[/b]!! Not clickbait!![/i] [emoji=sunglasses size=1]" [i]But wait! There's more![/i] User-made skins become their own type of NFT. Cue 100s of scammers making accounts to invest into this lucrative opportunity to flood the site with thousands of stolen artworks in the hopes to resell them. [s]I could think of more ways on how this theoretical update would be terrible, but I think I've thought up of enough.[/s] [/quote] I think I would sob forever, capitalism sucks [s]all the time[/s] sometimes
Server wrote on 2022-01-06 19:00:21:
NFTRising

The update rolls out.

Gems become exchangeable with bitcoin/ ethereum.

Dragons are now NFTs. Dragons cannot breed freely anymore because minting NFTs is too expensive for it to be done for free. In order to breed dragons, the user must pay a $150 to $900 gas fee in order to "mint" dragons. (Yes. Those prices are from actual NFT minting websites and marketplaces.) The price rises if there are more than one egg.

Same thing happens to unhatched elemental eggs. Users will have to pay a $150 to $900 minting fee to generate the dragon.

The coliseum stays mostly the same, only now that a bitcoin/ eth miner runs in the background so that users can speedrun their PC's/ phone's expiry date! can earn real life money from a virtual dragon game!

Of course, with money comes new crowds. All of those NFT bros on twitter and discord would come flocking to the site!
Forum discourse slides away from "OMG!! Look at this cute scry" to "Look at how I made myself a !!REAL LIFE MILLIONARE!! from DRAGONS!! Not clickbait!! "

But wait! There's more! User-made skins become their own type of NFT. Cue 100s of scammers making accounts to invest into this lucrative opportunity to flood the site with thousands of stolen artworks in the hopes to resell them.

I could think of more ways on how this theoretical update would be terrible, but I think I've thought up of enough.

I think I would sob forever, capitalism sucks all the time sometimes
tumblr_n6ymlfL8ML1tnv6ito3_500.gif
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2022-01-06 18:42:57" ] all the dragons are mine [/quote] My post was just blessed oml
Xhaztol wrote on 2022-01-06 18:42:57:
all the dragons are mine
My post was just blessed oml
?5rQx0=party.png?5rQLw=party.png?5rQpW=party.png?5rQpW=party.png?5rQY0=party.png
  • If you don't turn your food into food points within a certain amount of days, it'll rot and become unusable.
  • Every rollover, 20kt is removed from your account (as some sort of pay-the-site-bills system), regardless if it's on hand or in vault. No more treasure? Too bad, the system will start exalting your dragons rollover by rollover.
  • All posts on the forum won't show up to other players unless they've been reviewed and approved by a moderator, making communicating much more slower + difficult.
  • No one can freely hatch their eggs anymore. There's a set limit sitewide on dragons hatching today, as to control dragon population. You'll have to apply for a slot on a specific day for when you can hatch eggs. Need to hatch a nest to be able to breed another breeding pair? Sorry, you have to wait until next week to apply for a hatching slot.
  • The site doesn't stop you from buying dragons/hatching dragonets if you don't have enough lair space. They'll just disappear. Just magically bought a G1 Imperial? Whoops, you didn't had enough lair space! There goes your G1 imp and your wallet...
  • Other players can freely take your dragons (including everything applied to the dragon like apparel, skins, familiars, etc) if their energy levels drop below 80%. This is a way to give other players a shot to 'use dragons to their full potential' and 'not let them rot away in a lair'.
  • If the seller of a dragon they bred doesn't like how the current owner of that dragon is using them, they can revoke the purchase and take back the dragon. No refunds whatsoever.
  • You have to stick to the canon lore. Otherwise, your dragon's lore will be rewritten to better fit the current lore.

(yikes this was way longer than I thought pfft)
  • If you don't turn your food into food points within a certain amount of days, it'll rot and become unusable.
  • Every rollover, 20kt is removed from your account (as some sort of pay-the-site-bills system), regardless if it's on hand or in vault. No more treasure? Too bad, the system will start exalting your dragons rollover by rollover.
  • All posts on the forum won't show up to other players unless they've been reviewed and approved by a moderator, making communicating much more slower + difficult.
  • No one can freely hatch their eggs anymore. There's a set limit sitewide on dragons hatching today, as to control dragon population. You'll have to apply for a slot on a specific day for when you can hatch eggs. Need to hatch a nest to be able to breed another breeding pair? Sorry, you have to wait until next week to apply for a hatching slot.
  • The site doesn't stop you from buying dragons/hatching dragonets if you don't have enough lair space. They'll just disappear. Just magically bought a G1 Imperial? Whoops, you didn't had enough lair space! There goes your G1 imp and your wallet...
  • Other players can freely take your dragons (including everything applied to the dragon like apparel, skins, familiars, etc) if their energy levels drop below 80%. This is a way to give other players a shot to 'use dragons to their full potential' and 'not let them rot away in a lair'.
  • If the seller of a dragon they bred doesn't like how the current owner of that dragon is using them, they can revoke the purchase and take back the dragon. No refunds whatsoever.
  • You have to stick to the canon lore. Otherwise, your dragon's lore will be rewritten to better fit the current lore.

(yikes this was way longer than I thought pfft)
3dcd0a0f8f30d7e047499bd3dfc49287625e9622.png
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2022-01-06 18:42:57" ] all the dragons are mine [/quote] Xhaztol wants to be the next Naomi, except with all the non exalted dragons instead.
Xhaztol wrote on 2022-01-06 18:42:57:
all the dragons are mine

Xhaztol wants to be the next Naomi, except with all the non exalted dragons instead.
4QFtgPW.png
ks items and booleans have been banned from the site

NN9NPXA.png
P9aWhak.png
OxagJgG.png
WKtl2lb.png
haxorus.gif

t3kr0g.png
Dragons choose how they want to look like. Put apparel on your knight? Too bad, they like flowers more. xxx G1 Imp? They just scatterscrolled themselves and became a tundra. Nice Primal with matching genes? too bad they chose common eyes and crackle
Dragons choose how they want to look like. Put apparel on your knight? Too bad, they like flowers more. xxx G1 Imp? They just scatterscrolled themselves and became a tundra. Nice Primal with matching genes? too bad they chose common eyes and crackle
Hey I'm Helix|+2 FR Time| I collect Jade/Obsidian dragons regardless of the tert or Gen Check out my Accent shop!
[quote name="Helixstorm" date="2022-01-06 20:44:53" ] Dragons choose how they want to look like. Put apparel on your knight? Too bad, they like flowers more. xxx G1 Imp? They just scatterscrolled themselves and became a tundra. Nice Primal with matching genes? too bad they chose common eyes and crackle [/quote] i think ill cry if this does exist
Helixstorm wrote on 2022-01-06 20:44:53:

i think ill cry if this does exist
[quote name="Transkovsky" date="2022-01-06 20:37:26" ] ks items and booleans have been banned from the site [/quote] if youre caught having one of these items, your account will be deleted and you will be ip blocked
Transkovsky wrote on 2022-01-06 20:37:26:
if youre caught having one of these items, your account will be deleted and you will be ip blocked

NN9NPXA.png
P9aWhak.png
OxagJgG.png
WKtl2lb.png
haxorus.gif

t3kr0g.png
  • you are only allowed to own a familiar it's native to your flight, as they can't live in other environments
  • skin/accents are account bound and cannot be sold/traded
  • you are only allowed to buy 1 roundsey ticket a week
  • fairground cap removed completely
  • you must use a captcha to put anything in your vault / take things out of your vault
  • all forum posts must be moderator-approved before posting

(as an aside, i love how awful @/Kydoimos's proposed site changes are. 10/10 would ruin)
  • you are only allowed to own a familiar it's native to your flight, as they can't live in other environments
  • skin/accents are account bound and cannot be sold/traded
  • you are only allowed to buy 1 roundsey ticket a week
  • fairground cap removed completely
  • you must use a captcha to put anything in your vault / take things out of your vault
  • all forum posts must be moderator-approved before posting

(as an aside, i love how awful @/Kydoimos's proposed site changes are. 10/10 would ruin)
6uaN3MO.png kiNdaIf.png
fidelitas ad familiam. fidelitas ad Matriarch.
a multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical company located in the center of the light district.