Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | map update!!!
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21 22
a lot of people seem excited, is it just more art?
sorry i just kind of skimmed the thread. :<
is very likely to take your posts literally - has difficulty discerning if tone is joking
I'm super excited for when it'll be released! I've been waiting eagerly for it's release since it's development was announced.
I'm super excited for when it'll be released! I've been waiting eagerly for it's release since it's development was announced.
53000751854_682e4ca757_o.png
[quote name="WarMutt" date="2021-02-20 13:15:48" ] its literally just a map [/quote] a map that comes with a ton of lore and looks absolutely gorgeous
WarMutt wrote on 2021-02-20 13:15:48:
its literally just a map
a map that comes with a ton of lore and looks absolutely gorgeous
VGxuHXT.png
[quote name="@Lifeseeker" date="2021-02-20 13:35:12" ] a lot of people seem excited, is it just more art? sorry i just kind of skimmed the thread. :< [/quote] Did you skim this thread? https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2494447/1
@Lifeseeker wrote on 2021-02-20 13:35:12:
Did you skim this thread?
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2494447/1
VGxuHXT.png
I'm so excited! I'm sure whatever it looks like, I'll love it[emoji=coatl star size=2]
I'm so excited! I'm sure whatever it looks like, I'll love it
I can finally expand the lair without leaving the Reedcleft Ascent! Heck yeah!
I can finally expand the lair without leaving the Reedcleft Ascent! Heck yeah!
QYzhmAi.png
IT IS HERE
(It may just be more art but there’s something that I love about fantasy maps)
IT IS HERE
(It may just be more art but there’s something that I love about fantasy maps)
rIjWU7i.png • rain
• irl creacher
• fr +3
• pls drink water
mm leaf.png oC8BwLW.pngscruffy.png
Yes! The lore possibilities!
(not like i write lore anymore but still
Yes! The lore possibilities!
(not like i write lore anymore but still
23845.pngx..x28176.pngx.x23846.png
[quote name="Crimsonpizza" date="2021-02-20 13:54:50" ] Did you skim this thread? https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2494447/1 [/quote] hadn't seen it before no. so fancier map with extra places, maybe lore? and a couple other things. sounds interesting enough.
Crimsonpizza wrote on 2021-02-20 13:54:50:

hadn't seen it before no.

so fancier map with extra places, maybe lore? and a couple other things.

sounds interesting enough.
is very likely to take your posts literally - has difficulty discerning if tone is joking
To sum it all up for those confused about the hype:

Firstly. The map we currently have is one of the oldest art assets on the site, and its on the list of pages that need to be converted to the new format the site is using, so it was inevitably going to get an update. A fresh coat of paint to the old stuff is always nice.

Second, the current map isn't very representative of Sorneith. Think of those cartoon maps of the world where the landmarks stick out of a globe. That's basically what people who wanted to dig more into their own clan lore had to work with. This'll make things much more representative of Sorneith for those people on the site to give a better scaffolding for peoples lore.

And lastly, we'll be able to pick the subregions of each Flight so long as you've reached that milestone (Using me as example, I can swap location to the Wandering Contagion or the Wyrmwound since i'm an awakened lair). Its a nice extra detail.
To sum it all up for those confused about the hype:

Firstly. The map we currently have is one of the oldest art assets on the site, and its on the list of pages that need to be converted to the new format the site is using, so it was inevitably going to get an update. A fresh coat of paint to the old stuff is always nice.

Second, the current map isn't very representative of Sorneith. Think of those cartoon maps of the world where the landmarks stick out of a globe. That's basically what people who wanted to dig more into their own clan lore had to work with. This'll make things much more representative of Sorneith for those people on the site to give a better scaffolding for peoples lore.

And lastly, we'll be able to pick the subregions of each Flight so long as you've reached that milestone (Using me as example, I can swap location to the Wandering Contagion or the Wyrmwound since i'm an awakened lair). Its a nice extra detail.
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21 22