Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | dragon action
1 2 3
so ive been thinking hard on this..
what kind of movements do different dragons make?

like, for example i can see pearlcatchers, skydancers, and imperials doing a man fluff like horses do. just shaking their head from side to side.
and guardians or fae just flaring their face/head webbing.
or even dragons with like, eye spots or peacock genes flaring their wings when they're scared or angry? mostly small actions, emotional or otherwise-

i need OPINIONS- and maybe even theories? like what other breeds do- i can totally see grey or brown dragons with gembond pretending to be rocks.
so ive been thinking hard on this..
what kind of movements do different dragons make?

like, for example i can see pearlcatchers, skydancers, and imperials doing a man fluff like horses do. just shaking their head from side to side.
and guardians or fae just flaring their face/head webbing.
or even dragons with like, eye spots or peacock genes flaring their wings when they're scared or angry? mostly small actions, emotional or otherwise-

i need OPINIONS- and maybe even theories? like what other breeds do- i can totally see grey or brown dragons with gembond pretending to be rocks.
0cdV8.gif 3swJb.gif gmb64.gif cgv6L.gif
tail lashes, wing and head shakes, bared teeth, mane fluffs, scale bristles... i'm sure you can think up a lot if you put your mind to it.
tail lashes, wing and head shakes, bared teeth, mane fluffs, scale bristles... i'm sure you can think up a lot if you put your mind to it.
poem shop
writing prompts
@dartist Well, according to the Aftershocks story, baby dragons flop-waddle: [quote name=Aftershocks]Myrina slowly inched her way towards the hatchlings. Making eye contact with Bocco, she held a talon up against her mouth. The closest hatchling noticed her and flop-waddled his way over to the edge of the nest.[/quote]
@dartist
Well, according to the Aftershocks story, baby dragons flop-waddle:
Aftershocks wrote:
Myrina slowly inched her way towards the hatchlings. Making eye contact with Bocco, she held a talon up against her mouth. The closest hatchling noticed her and flop-waddled his way over to the edge of the nest.
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
[quote name="buggy101" date="2021-01-27 16:11:28" ] @dartist Well, according to the Aftershocks story, baby dragons flop-waddle: [quote name=Aftershocks]Myrina slowly inched her way towards the hatchlings. Making eye contact with Bocco, she held a talon up against her mouth. The closest hatchling noticed her and flop-waddled his way over to the edge of the nest.[/quote] [/quote] i completely forgot about that bit [emoji=guardian love size=1] it's so cute honestly-
buggy101 wrote on 2021-01-27 16:11:28:
@dartist
Aftershocks wrote:
Myrina slowly inched her way towards the hatchlings. Making eye contact with Bocco, she held a talon up against her mouth. The closest hatchling noticed her and flop-waddled his way over to the edge of the nest.

i completely forgot about that bit it's so cute honestly-
[quote name="buggy101" date="2021-01-27 16:11:28" ] @/dartist Well, according to the Aftershocks story, baby dragons flop-waddle: [quote name=Aftershocks]Myrina slowly inched her way towards the hatchlings. Making eye contact with Bocco, she held a talon up against her mouth. The closest hatchling noticed her and flop-waddled his way over to the edge of the nest.[/quote] [/quote] what even is flop waddling im imagining a pearlcatcher hatchling falling over side to side to move about, which is funny, but that cant be right
@/dartist
Aftershocks wrote:

what even is flop waddling

im imagining a pearlcatcher hatchling falling over side to side to move about, which is funny, but that cant be right
[quote name="Uyi" date="2021-01-27 16:13:50" ] [quote name="buggy101" date="2021-01-27 16:11:28" ] @/dartist Well, according to the Aftershocks story, baby dragons flop-waddle: [quote name=Aftershocks]Myrina slowly inched her way towards the hatchlings. Making eye contact with Bocco, she held a talon up against her mouth. The closest hatchling noticed her and flop-waddled his way over to the edge of the nest.[/quote] [/quote] what even is flop waddling im imagining a pearlcatcher hatchling falling over side to side to move about, which is funny, but that cant be right [/quote] probably adding weight to the waddles? like heavy little waddle stomps, probably almost flopping but not quite?
Uyi wrote on 2021-01-27 16:13:50:
@/dartist
Aftershocks wrote:

what even is flop waddling

im imagining a pearlcatcher hatchling falling over side to side to move about, which is funny, but that cant be right

probably adding weight to the waddles? like heavy little waddle stomps, probably almost flopping but not quite?
I present: Dragons stretching out like sleepy cats

• - She/They
  • - FRT +3
  • - Artist
  • - Too many imps
heeee3.png aaaaa.png
[quote name="Volatility" date="2021-01-27 16:39:34" ] I present: Dragons stretching out like sleepy cats [/quote] you've just committed murder of the cutest kind-
Volatility wrote on 2021-01-27 16:39:34:

you've just committed murder of the cutest kind-
I’ve always imagined tundras doing dog like stuff, like scratching their neck with her back leg and rolling to itch their back on the ground if no other dragon can itch their back. They may also sleep curled up like dogs do.

I also like to imagine guardians flare their fins when angry or defensive, and then slimming them down when scared or submissive

Faes i imagine do similar with their fins

I like to think banescales- and even just dragons in general groom themselves like birds, using their mouth or occasionally paws to clean them off. Especially skydancers would do this regularly

Spirals may sleep or rest tangled up around branches like a snake, but can sleep on the ground. They probably hiss when enraged as they don’t really have any real battle weapons on them besides their jaws

I’ve always imagined tundras doing dog like stuff, like scratching their neck with her back leg and rolling to itch their back on the ground if no other dragon can itch their back. They may also sleep curled up like dogs do.

I also like to imagine guardians flare their fins when angry or defensive, and then slimming them down when scared or submissive

Faes i imagine do similar with their fins

I like to think banescales- and even just dragons in general groom themselves like birds, using their mouth or occasionally paws to clean them off. Especially skydancers would do this regularly

Spirals may sleep or rest tangled up around branches like a snake, but can sleep on the ground. They probably hiss when enraged as they don’t really have any real battle weapons on them besides their jaws

..……………………...……..….YSCAP90.png
Suffer more :) Tn4TEAZ.png
I can definitely imagine Pearlcatchers prancing around- somewhat like horses, or like how these dragons moved in how to train your dragon 3: [center][img]https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.com%2Fimages%2Fc5e5eb5dd0a284ae73dd1493609d875c%2Ftenor.gif[/img][/center] Also from the aftershocks story, I recall the spiral father draping himself across his mate "like an agitated scarf." I adore and accept the headcanon of Spirals winding/sprawling dramatically across dragons they trust when they're stressed or being dramatic.
I can definitely imagine Pearlcatchers prancing around- somewhat like horses, or like how these dragons moved in how to train your dragon 3:
?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.com%2Fimages%2Fc5e5eb5dd0a284ae73dd1493609d875c%2Ftenor.gif

Also from the aftershocks story, I recall the spiral father draping himself across his mate "like an agitated scarf." I adore and accept the headcanon of Spirals winding/sprawling dramatically across dragons they trust when they're stressed or being dramatic.
light.gif
Knick -- busy student -- FR+3
Just a gal tryin to gene up her kids and collect familiars, whenever schoolwork permits. I like cats, folk music, and rain. Always up for a chat!
ZwVaRtj.gif
1 2 3