Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | In-universe hatching
1 2 3
[quote name="wolfbutterfly42" date="2021-01-27 13:49:50" ] I'd like to think of it as similar to Eragon, where the egg doesn't hatch until the hatchling feels safe. For nest eggs, they're with their parents the entire time, so they feel safe right away, but for unhatched eggs, they need to be with other dragons before they'll hatch. [/quote] That'd make a lot of sense, especially since unhatched eggs can be hatched in a lair that doesn't correlate to the element of the egg. I imagine that Plague eggs crack and ooze, before bursting. Also, the slime inside the eggshell is green, while the shell itself is more clear grey-white. The slime is what gives the developing dragon protection, and also causes the eggshell to dye a lime tint.
wolfbutterfly42 wrote on 2021-01-27 13:49:50:
I'd like to think of it as similar to Eragon, where the egg doesn't hatch until the hatchling feels safe. For nest eggs, they're with their parents the entire time, so they feel safe right away, but for unhatched eggs, they need to be with other dragons before they'll hatch.
That'd make a lot of sense, especially since unhatched eggs can be hatched in a lair that doesn't correlate to the element of the egg.

I imagine that Plague eggs crack and ooze, before bursting. Also, the slime inside the eggshell is green, while the shell itself is more clear grey-white. The slime is what gives the developing dragon protection, and also causes the eggshell to dye a lime tint.
most people put something meaningful here...
[quote name="Wufflesnuff" date="2021-01-27 19:23:01" ] [quote name="artemiswanderer" date="2021-01-27 16:49:07" ] [quote name="PersimmonBird" date="2021-01-27 16:23:37" ] [quote name="Wufflesnuff" date="2021-01-27 15:56:19" ] wind eggs uhhhh somewhere windy?? [/quote] Just had a mental image of Wind dragons flying as high as they can and dropping the egg for maximum air movement to trigger hatching. [emoji=spiral scared size=1] [/quote] This made me think of those birds that fly up and drop mussels from far up so that they crack. Wind dragons are just constantly dropping their eggs and when the eggs are ready, they actually hatch when dropped. Till that moment they just bounce across the ground. [/quote] im just imagining dragons getting eggs from nests and just [i]yeeting[/i] them off a cliff until they hatch lmao (when i said somehwere windy i meant like maybe they hatch in the eye of a storm or up in a mountain where the winds goes around it but this is far better) [/quote] Ok I don't usually do this sort of thing, but this idea was too funny not to waste time on. [img]https://i.imgur.com/Rmd95u8.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/aOIfNgr.png[/img] I'm totally keeping this concept and using it on somebody. I just have to figure out who.
Wufflesnuff wrote on 2021-01-27 19:23:01:
artemiswanderer wrote on 2021-01-27 16:49:07:
PersimmonBird wrote on 2021-01-27 16:23:37:
Wufflesnuff wrote on 2021-01-27 15:56:19:
wind eggs uhhhh somewhere windy??

Just had a mental image of Wind dragons flying as high as they can and dropping the egg for maximum air movement to trigger hatching.

This made me think of those birds that fly up and drop mussels from far up so that they crack. Wind dragons are just constantly dropping their eggs and when the eggs are ready, they actually hatch when dropped. Till that moment they just bounce across the ground.
im just imagining dragons getting eggs from nests and just yeeting them off a cliff until they hatch lmao (when i said somehwere windy i meant like maybe they hatch in the eye of a storm or up in a mountain where the winds goes around it but this is far better)

Ok I don't usually do this sort of thing, but this idea was too funny not to waste time on.
Rmd95u8.png
aOIfNgr.png

I'm totally keeping this concept and using it on somebody. I just have to figure out who.
1 2 3