Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | complaining about the dom system
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22 23
[quote name="Neonsunrise22" date="2021-01-26 15:04:31" ] *sighs in Nature Profit Push being overturned by Earth* yeah it does seem a little broken [/quote] I just wanna say: the whole point of a profit push isnt to make the top of the dom board. A profit push is taking advantage of no other flights pushing and low fodder prices to make some savings for later conquest pushes. It's purely for profit, any placing on the dom board should be considered a nice bonus.
Neonsunrise22 wrote on 2021-01-26 15:04:31:
*sighs in Nature Profit Push being overturned by Earth* yeah it does seem a little broken
I just wanna say: the whole point of a profit push isnt to make the top of the dom board. A profit push is taking advantage of no other flights pushing and low fodder prices to make some savings for later conquest pushes. It's purely for profit, any placing on the dom board should be considered a nice bonus.
owleics.gif
Though i may be biased because i am an Earth member and always have been, i don’t think dom is as screwed as people think, BUT it’s not entirely balanced either.

A lot of larger flights seem to have far less active exalters or even non-exalters, which can really hinder the progress. As i imagine fr devs intended for the system to work in the context that at very least a large majority of every flight was exalting to some extent.

I think a big game changer would be to make dom worth more, as it currently stands, even for me, i don’t notice much difference for when earth is and isn’t in dom. The prize just doesn’t do much of anything. The only decent thing is the extra gathering turns, but even then rng sucks so it doesn’t do much.

But i think with a dom overall does need an overhaul, and included it that inactive dens (as in literally not active). I think at some point fr should clear out these old dens if its long enough but in saying that

Even if the lair isn’t deleted but just entirely inactive for say 2 months, it should not count to flight size and not towards dom either. When they get back to been active, add them back.

Summary: FR dom was intended to work with all flight members actively pushing, therefore make the prize worth more and disqualify any long dead lair owners. Dom isn’t as unfair as people think, but it’s still needing some improvements because of the ratio of non-exalters in bigger flights.

Though i may be biased because i am an Earth member and always have been, i don’t think dom is as screwed as people think, BUT it’s not entirely balanced either.

A lot of larger flights seem to have far less active exalters or even non-exalters, which can really hinder the progress. As i imagine fr devs intended for the system to work in the context that at very least a large majority of every flight was exalting to some extent.

I think a big game changer would be to make dom worth more, as it currently stands, even for me, i don’t notice much difference for when earth is and isn’t in dom. The prize just doesn’t do much of anything. The only decent thing is the extra gathering turns, but even then rng sucks so it doesn’t do much.

But i think with a dom overall does need an overhaul, and included it that inactive dens (as in literally not active). I think at some point fr should clear out these old dens if its long enough but in saying that

Even if the lair isn’t deleted but just entirely inactive for say 2 months, it should not count to flight size and not towards dom either. When they get back to been active, add them back.

Summary: FR dom was intended to work with all flight members actively pushing, therefore make the prize worth more and disqualify any long dead lair owners. Dom isn’t as unfair as people think, but it’s still needing some improvements because of the ratio of non-exalters in bigger flights.

..……………………...……..….YSCAP90.png
Suffer more :) Tn4TEAZ.png
@PeacefulPyro inactive lairs do not count towards the dominance tally. I can't remember the exact time frame but I think its somewhere between 2-4 weeks

Edit: It's 2 weeks
@PeacefulPyro inactive lairs do not count towards the dominance tally. I can't remember the exact time frame but I think its somewhere between 2-4 weeks

Edit: It's 2 weeks
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
I think this is more of a 'FR doesn't encourage exalting' issue. I remember it took me a while to learn higher levelled dragons exalt for more money; I think there should be in game rewards for exalting x amount of dragons to introduce players to the system so exalting becomes a more important part to gameplay?
I think this is more of a 'FR doesn't encourage exalting' issue. I remember it took me a while to learn higher levelled dragons exalt for more money; I think there should be in game rewards for exalting x amount of dragons to introduce players to the system so exalting becomes a more important part to gameplay?
[quote name="@EclipseDragon" date="2021-01-26 14:10:37" ] I've always liked the idea of getting tokens for exalting a dragon, that players can then spend in a shop for exclusive clanbound scenes, genes, etc. While I normally don't like clanbound items, it's essential here so the market doesn't overide the purpose. [/quote] For real? I absolutely love this idea and need it so badly I would exalt so damn much to get some clan-bound items. And it’d be fair as people wouldn’t be able to just buy stuff and sell it for profit elsewhere, which may discourage users from exalting in the first place when they can just buy the items I reckon it should be a token per a certain level tally exalted, but then the instore prices can’t be too ridiculously high as to make it worthwhile Could i put this in suggestions? I love this idea so much
@EclipseDragon wrote on 2021-01-26 14:10:37:

I've always liked the idea of getting tokens for exalting a dragon, that players can then spend in a shop for exclusive clanbound scenes, genes, etc.

While I normally don't like clanbound items, it's essential here so the market doesn't overide the purpose.

For real? I absolutely love this idea and need it so badly
I would exalt so damn much to get some clan-bound items. And it’d be fair as people wouldn’t be able to just buy stuff and sell it for profit elsewhere, which may discourage users from exalting in the first place when they can just buy the items

I reckon it should be a token per a certain level tally exalted, but then the instore prices can’t be too ridiculously high as to make it worthwhile

Could i put this in suggestions? I love this idea so much
..……………………...……..….YSCAP90.png
Suffer more :) Tn4TEAZ.png
The players that care the most about Dom are going to organize in such a way as to win Dom. No overhaul of the system is going to change that, so any rebalancing efforts should really be focused on incentives for casual players to exalt more. There are a lot of great ideas in this thread already so I hope someone on staff is reading it.
The players that care the most about Dom are going to organize in such a way as to win Dom. No overhaul of the system is going to change that, so any rebalancing efforts should really be focused on incentives for casual players to exalt more. There are a lot of great ideas in this thread already so I hope someone on staff is reading it.
@brit

Thanks, if I ever get my fodder breeders up and going, I will definitely toss fodder at water if anyone needs it...
@brit

Thanks, if I ever get my fodder breeders up and going, I will definitely toss fodder at water if anyone needs it...

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
While I wouldn't mind a rework, we could literally solve the problem ourselves by deciding that not every dom battle needs to be a big production. If we had more battles the way the system was intended (flights just exalting as much as they can) and just did big events for special occasions, there'd be more regular participation in dom by flights so it wouldn't be every week is an off week won by Earth (or Light) and then once or twice a year there's a battle; it'd be more like monthly or more frequent battles with still once or twice a year big deal events.
While I wouldn't mind a rework, we could literally solve the problem ourselves by deciding that not every dom battle needs to be a big production. If we had more battles the way the system was intended (flights just exalting as much as they can) and just did big events for special occasions, there'd be more regular participation in dom by flights so it wouldn't be every week is an off week won by Earth (or Light) and then once or twice a year there's a battle; it'd be more like monthly or more frequent battles with still once or twice a year big deal events.
ice_rune_50x50.png ICEWARDEN_sig.png
I think the way to fix the system is to increase exalt incentives by either creating a shop, achievements, higher dom rewards, etc. There are tons of great ideas out there for how to make exalting dragons more fun and I think staff just needs to pick one.

Otherwise, those who find exalting rewarding will keep doing it in such great numbers they will continue to win dom. Earth loves exalting and making money off doing so, which leads us to have higher numbers of dom participants, which means we will keep winning.

I think the way to fix the system is to increase exalt incentives by either creating a shop, achievements, higher dom rewards, etc. There are tons of great ideas out there for how to make exalting dragons more fun and I think staff just needs to pick one.

Otherwise, those who find exalting rewarding will keep doing it in such great numbers they will continue to win dom. Earth loves exalting and making money off doing so, which leads us to have higher numbers of dom participants, which means we will keep winning.

E2amngG.png04n5rQx.png8th6mfc.pngtPW2xgo.pngarOGchX.png
Yeah as a Shadow flight member I have some gripes about the dom system. I think the main problem is that it was designed before flight changes became a thing, so the staff were not at all prepared for the unstable equilibrium that would arise when dom heavy players were able to move to flights that already won dom more. Shadow actually beat Earth back in 2013 but something like now is basically unthinkable.

I also think the system was designed without OOF support in mind (and that wasn't really a thing back in the day). Because now, a small flight and a large flight may receive the same amount of OOF support, but because of the algorithm the small flight will be heavily favoured. I guess it was assumed that most of the dragons being exalted during a push would be coming from the pushing flight itself (either through breeding or buying), so it makes sense to give smaller flights a boost, but OOF kinda messes with that. And OOF is a large reason why dom battles are so rare these days, because of how frickin expensive they are. You remember Shadow vs Fire? We literally went into debt for that, and we still lost.

I hope we get some kind of overhaul too. Maybe not even playing with the numbers much (although that could make for some interesting experimentation), but adding something like a dom shop could mix things up a little, as it would incentivize people to exalt more in general.
Yeah as a Shadow flight member I have some gripes about the dom system. I think the main problem is that it was designed before flight changes became a thing, so the staff were not at all prepared for the unstable equilibrium that would arise when dom heavy players were able to move to flights that already won dom more. Shadow actually beat Earth back in 2013 but something like now is basically unthinkable.

I also think the system was designed without OOF support in mind (and that wasn't really a thing back in the day). Because now, a small flight and a large flight may receive the same amount of OOF support, but because of the algorithm the small flight will be heavily favoured. I guess it was assumed that most of the dragons being exalted during a push would be coming from the pushing flight itself (either through breeding or buying), so it makes sense to give smaller flights a boost, but OOF kinda messes with that. And OOF is a large reason why dom battles are so rare these days, because of how frickin expensive they are. You remember Shadow vs Fire? We literally went into debt for that, and we still lost.

I hope we get some kind of overhaul too. Maybe not even playing with the numbers much (although that could make for some interesting experimentation), but adding something like a dom shop could mix things up a little, as it would incentivize people to exalt more in general.
jCVhFoZ.gif
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22 23