Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | complaining about the dom system
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22 23
Sure, you can say it's the motivation, experience, and hard work of the Earth players, but on Sornieth they know, it's the sheer numbers of dragons rushing to comfort Earthshaker, kindest, loneliest, and most loyal of the gods.

Tidepop's still missing and didn't see this, right?
Sure, you can say it's the motivation, experience, and hard work of the Earth players, but on Sornieth they know, it's the sheer numbers of dragons rushing to comfort Earthshaker, kindest, loneliest, and most loyal of the gods.

Tidepop's still missing and didn't see this, right?
NBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gif
We Want Blep! Take Our money! We Want Blep! Take Our Money!

Please note - wonky eyes & busted hands; thanks for help & patience!
I would like to see it fixed. It's absolute bunk that one flight has held a constant dom bonus for a year and half. They might not always be first, but they always place. Always.
Dom needs to be rebalanced so this cannot mathematically happen.

This would ALSO make it so ONE flight isn't the only choice for people who want to participate in dom. People would actually need to choose a flight, not just flock to the "I always win!" button.
I would like to see it fixed. It's absolute bunk that one flight has held a constant dom bonus for a year and half. They might not always be first, but they always place. Always.
Dom needs to be rebalanced so this cannot mathematically happen.

This would ALSO make it so ONE flight isn't the only choice for people who want to participate in dom. People would actually need to choose a flight, not just flock to the "I always win!" button.
Y3kY2LN.png
Part of it is (at least from my understanding), the Dom board most weeks is just a reflection of sort of "baseline" activity. I'm in Arcane and active in Dominance, and I legitimately don't check the board for weeks at a time outside of organized pushes - because I barely exalt outside of pushes. It's much easier for me to mesh my playstyle with preleveling for Arcane pushes or big battles than it is to exalt on a regular basis when I have Den slots to sit on indefinitely. So I'm never surprised to see Arcane at the bottom of the board outside of a push week, because Dom is something that needs to be budgeted for - and most people try to get the most bang for their buck. Why exalt a dragon today when I can wait a few weeks to get the same amount of treasure and get in-flight raffle tickets for it? Why sell to battling flights on Sunday when prices will increase by Saturday?

(Another factor, at least for my own habits, is that outside of pushes, I'm more likely to wait for an OFR/Public Buy who will purchase in gems than I am to exalt and get more treasure when I'm already swimming in enough.)

Essentially: in my opinion, there's no reason to blame Earth for the state of Dominance, it's lots of individual decisions being summarized into a singular ranking.
Part of it is (at least from my understanding), the Dom board most weeks is just a reflection of sort of "baseline" activity. I'm in Arcane and active in Dominance, and I legitimately don't check the board for weeks at a time outside of organized pushes - because I barely exalt outside of pushes. It's much easier for me to mesh my playstyle with preleveling for Arcane pushes or big battles than it is to exalt on a regular basis when I have Den slots to sit on indefinitely. So I'm never surprised to see Arcane at the bottom of the board outside of a push week, because Dom is something that needs to be budgeted for - and most people try to get the most bang for their buck. Why exalt a dragon today when I can wait a few weeks to get the same amount of treasure and get in-flight raffle tickets for it? Why sell to battling flights on Sunday when prices will increase by Saturday?

(Another factor, at least for my own habits, is that outside of pushes, I'm more likely to wait for an OFR/Public Buy who will purchase in gems than I am to exalt and get more treasure when I'm already swimming in enough.)

Essentially: in my opinion, there's no reason to blame Earth for the state of Dominance, it's lots of individual decisions being summarized into a singular ranking.
He/She/They | FR +3
*sighs in Nature Profit Push being overturned by Earth* yeah it does seem a little broken
*sighs in Nature Profit Push being overturned by Earth* yeah it does seem a little broken
Cm7mzhQ.png FR + 3iDktb2b.png
I find it funny that in these type threads everyone points out earth as the smallest flight has the advantage but ignore that the other small flights (such as water and fire) aren't typically at the top of the dom board. If size alone was enough to completely unbalance dom, the other small flights should place high frequently. Dominance culture and switching flights are a big reason why dom is 'unbalanced' competetive players tend to switch to flights that do well which makes it harder to beat that flight for less competitive flights... its a self for filling prophecy

Rather than keep adding group rewards to dominance, individual rewards might help shake things up
I find it funny that in these type threads everyone points out earth as the smallest flight has the advantage but ignore that the other small flights (such as water and fire) aren't typically at the top of the dom board. If size alone was enough to completely unbalance dom, the other small flights should place high frequently. Dominance culture and switching flights are a big reason why dom is 'unbalanced' competetive players tend to switch to flights that do well which makes it harder to beat that flight for less competitive flights... its a self for filling prophecy

Rather than keep adding group rewards to dominance, individual rewards might help shake things up
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
if they didn't tie in dom discounts to the mix, i'd say the fix would be as easy as the toggle someone suggested earlier. :/

dom really does feel like something that people should be able to opt-in on if they truly want to participate. i've never been dom-oriented, and only ever passively benefit from the discounts when fire gets them (if i need to remotely buy anything at all during that time), so not being opted in for dom win benefits wouldn't bother me much.

having a flight-wide reward for placing top 3 but weighing it on accounts that are active on-site (but not be participating) skews everything and, honestly... makes it rather unfair for the people who genuinely want to do fair dom battles.
if they didn't tie in dom discounts to the mix, i'd say the fix would be as easy as the toggle someone suggested earlier. :/

dom really does feel like something that people should be able to opt-in on if they truly want to participate. i've never been dom-oriented, and only ever passively benefit from the discounts when fire gets them (if i need to remotely buy anything at all during that time), so not being opted in for dom win benefits wouldn't bother me much.

having a flight-wide reward for placing top 3 but weighing it on accounts that are active on-site (but not be participating) skews everything and, honestly... makes it rather unfair for the people who genuinely want to do fair dom battles.
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
I *would* like to see rebalancing. Not because Earth keeps winning (heck I vacationed there myself until about a month ago and enjoyed Light's powerhouse-ness plenty before that) but because I'd like to see some change that brings back the ability to have more conquest pushes and battles without having to break the bank chasing OOF support every time.
I *would* like to see rebalancing. Not because Earth keeps winning (heck I vacationed there myself until about a month ago and enjoyed Light's powerhouse-ness plenty before that) but because I'd like to see some change that brings back the ability to have more conquest pushes and battles without having to break the bank chasing OOF support every time.
wq9PoXA.png
Good luck to the staff for reworking it because I have no idea how it would best be balanced. I think like a lot of people have said, the biggest problem is that because Earth is such a powerhouse, other flights aren't really competing. And the dom-oriented players in those flights aren't able to participate as they'd like so they move to Earth which just tips the scale in their favor more.

When I first joined I wasn't super into dom, but I remember there being conquest battles all the time. And you didn't know ahead of time who would win. There have always been powerhouses of course, but it wasn't so one-sided. It'd be fun to see more head-to-head fights like that if we could ever figure out a way to balance the scales.
Good luck to the staff for reworking it because I have no idea how it would best be balanced. I think like a lot of people have said, the biggest problem is that because Earth is such a powerhouse, other flights aren't really competing. And the dom-oriented players in those flights aren't able to participate as they'd like so they move to Earth which just tips the scale in their favor more.

When I first joined I wasn't super into dom, but I remember there being conquest battles all the time. And you didn't know ahead of time who would win. There have always been powerhouses of course, but it wasn't so one-sided. It'd be fun to see more head-to-head fights like that if we could ever figure out a way to balance the scales.
3sKaKGc.png
gray » fr+3 » flight traveler
@Jemadar Wanting to avoid competition is totally valid, but please know that if you only wanted to participate when you feel like it, or just participate in profit pushes you're 100% welcome in water dom stuff. No pressure, just an invitation! You can absolutely stick your head in without being committed.
@Jemadar Wanting to avoid competition is totally valid, but please know that if you only wanted to participate when you feel like it, or just participate in profit pushes you're 100% welcome in water dom stuff. No pressure, just an invitation! You can absolutely stick your head in without being committed.
Na5WGHa.png
[quote name="Neonsunrise22" date="2021-01-26 15:04:31" ] *sighs in Nature Profit Push being overturned by Earth* yeah it does seem a little broken [/quote] How much money are y'all making though? THAT is the point of profit pushing :)
Neonsunrise22 wrote on 2021-01-26 15:04:31:
How much money are y'all making though? THAT is the point of profit pushing :)
ZQGfAQY.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22 23