Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | complaining about the dom system
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22 23
Unpopular opinion... dominance should remain based on exalting, and should remain mostly centered around how the flight as a whole performs. That is how it is explained on the site...
Quote:
"The realm is embroiled in a perpetual conflict called Dominance.

Dominance is determined by a flight's dedication to exalting dragons."

...and site lore should not change simply because the playerbase created an issue and now we want it fixed.

I still think that making the rewards for placing in the top 3 more appealing would greatly help motivate people to not just exalt, but also to use the money they earn from the fairgrounds to help their flight when they push.

As others have pointed out, individual rewards that further incentivize exalting may actually compound the "problem", flights with a high proportion of member that heavily exalt for money will likely continue to place high on the leaderboard because those individual rewards are going to appeal to them as well.
Unpopular opinion... dominance should remain based on exalting, and should remain mostly centered around how the flight as a whole performs. That is how it is explained on the site...
Quote:

...and site lore should not change simply because the playerbase created an issue and now we want it fixed.

I still think that making the rewards for placing in the top 3 more appealing would greatly help motivate people to not just exalt, but also to use the money they earn from the fairgrounds to help their flight when they push.

As others have pointed out, individual rewards that further incentivize exalting may actually compound the "problem", flights with a high proportion of member that heavily exalt for money will likely continue to place high on the leaderboard because those individual rewards are going to appeal to them as well.
ZQGfAQY.png
[quote name="Jessyta" date="2021-01-27 14:37:53" ] Unpopular opinion... dominance should remain based on exalting, and should remain mostly centered around how the flight as a whole performs. That is how it is explained on the site... Quote: "The realm is embroiled in a perpetual conflict called Dominance. Dominance is determined by a flight's dedication to exalting dragons." ...and site lore should not change simply because the playerbase created an issue and now we want it fixed. I still think that making the rewards for placing in the top 3 more appealing would greatly help motivate people to not just exalt, but also to use the money they earn from the fairgrounds to help their flight when they push. As others have pointed out, individual rewards that further incentivize exalting may actually compound the "problem", flights with a high proportion of member that heavily exalt for money will likely continue to place high on the leaderboard because those individual rewards are going to appeal to them as well. [/quote] I actually feel it would be the opposite: More rewards for dominance that is tied directly to dominance will mean the flights that often get dominance will get it more because the players in that flight will want it, and players in other flights who are into dominance and want the rewards, will potentially move to dominance heavy flights, especially if they aren't that interested in lore or aesthetics, while players who are more into aesthetics and still want the rewards will just make even more threads about changing dominance. Individual rewards will make it so players are less likely to send dragons to other flights, so OOF support could dry up a little, while also giving players the ability to feel like they are achieving something, even if their flight isn't winning dominance. It would also potentially get people interested in dominance through exalting, and even if they aren't interested in dominance, they may remain interested in exalting, which is overall good for the site.
Jessyta wrote on 2021-01-27 14:37:53:

Quote:

I actually feel it would be the opposite:

More rewards for dominance that is tied directly to dominance will mean the flights that often get dominance will get it more because the players in that flight will want it, and players in other flights who are into dominance and want the rewards, will potentially move to dominance heavy flights, especially if they aren't that interested in lore or aesthetics, while players who are more into aesthetics and still want the rewards will just make even more threads about changing dominance.

Individual rewards will make it so players are less likely to send dragons to other flights, so OOF support could dry up a little, while also giving players the ability to feel like they are achieving something, even if their flight isn't winning dominance. It would also potentially get people interested in dominance through exalting, and even if they aren't interested in dominance, they may remain interested in exalting, which is overall good for the site.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-01-27 14:46:04" ] I actually feel it would be the opposite: More rewards for dominance that is tied directly to dominance will mean the flights that often get dominance will get it more because the players in that flight will want it, and players in other flights who are into dominance and want the rewards, will potentially move to dominance heavy flights, especially if they aren't that interested in lore or aesthetics, while players who are more into aesthetics and still want the rewards will just make even more threads about changing dominance.[/quote]People moving from larger flights to smaller flights will help with the ratio though, thus helping fix the issue at least somewhat. [quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-01-27 14:46:04" ]Individual rewards will make it so players are less likely to send dragons to other flights, so OOF support could dry up a little, while also giving players the ability to feel like they are achieving something, even if their flight isn't winning dominance. It would also potentially get people interested in dominance through exalting, and even if they aren't interested in dominance, they may remain interested in exalting, which is overall good for the site. [/quote]It really depends on how good the site-offered rewards are, if they are things that will remain desirable/valuable over the course of time/multiple wins, what is required to obtain them and if they are clanbound or not. It's definitely not something that I think can easily be solved, and that is likely a major reason we have not seen anything done by staff thus far.
Jemadar wrote on 2021-01-27 14:46:04:

More rewards for dominance that is tied directly to dominance will mean the flights that often get dominance will get it more because the players in that flight will want it, and players in other flights who are into dominance and want the rewards, will potentially move to dominance heavy flights, especially if they aren't that interested in lore or aesthetics, while players who are more into aesthetics and still want the rewards will just make even more threads about changing dominance.
People moving from larger flights to smaller flights will help with the ratio though, thus helping fix the issue at least somewhat.
Individual rewards will make it so players are less likely to send dragons to other flights, so OOF support could dry up a little, while also giving players the ability to feel like they are achieving something, even if their flight isn't winning dominance. It would also potentially get people interested in dominance through exalting, and even if they aren't interested in dominance, they may remain interested in exalting, which is overall good for the site.
It really depends on how good the site-offered rewards are, if they are things that will remain desirable/valuable over the course of time/multiple wins, what is required to obtain them and if they are clanbound or not.

It's definitely not something that I think can easily be solved, and that is likely a major reason we have not seen anything done by staff thus far.
ZQGfAQY.png
[quote name="Jessyta" date="2021-01-27 15:07:17" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-01-27 14:46:04" ] I actually feel it would be the opposite: More rewards for dominance that is tied directly to dominance will mean the flights that often get dominance will get it more because the players in that flight will want it, and players in other flights who are into dominance and want the rewards, will potentially move to dominance heavy flights, especially if they aren't that interested in lore or aesthetics, while players who are more into aesthetics and still want the rewards will just make even more threads about changing dominance.[/quote]People moving from larger flights to smaller flights will help with the ratio though, thus helping fix the issue at least somewhat. [quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-01-27 14:46:04" ]Individual rewards will make it so players are less likely to send dragons to other flights, so OOF support could dry up a little, while also giving players the ability to feel like they are achieving something, even if their flight isn't winning dominance. It would also potentially get people interested in dominance through exalting, and even if they aren't interested in dominance, they may remain interested in exalting, which is overall good for the site. [/quote]It really depends on how good the site-offered rewards are, if they are things that will remain desirable/valuable over the course of time/multiple wins, what is required to obtain them and if they are clanbound or not. It's definitely not something that I think can easily be solved, and that is likely a major reason we have not seen anything done by staff thus far. [/quote] I guess my problem is that I don't see people who aren't already into dominance really getting into dominance, so I just see this incentivizing people already into dominance, who aren't that into aesthetics. They would be the ones likely to change flights, which, even though they are making the larger flights slightly smaller, because they are into dom, they will end up helping their new flight achieve dominance more often. Players who aren't into dominance might get interested, but often they are more interested in aesthetics and things like that, so are much less likely to move to a different flight. But, I don't think, for larger flights, there would be enough new 'dominance players' to really offset those who just aren't interested in exalting period. So, overall, I don't think more rewards will really affect the flight sizes (because we are talking about hundreds of players having to move, in some cases thousands, in order to affect the formula). That is why I support both individual rewards and moving dominance away from exalting, though it could remain the main focus of it, to remain in keeping with the lore. Or they could, instead of changing the lore, add on to it. Sort of like the deities acknowledging that, after so long, the clans pledged to the deities have figured better ways to help their deities achieve dominance in their long fight with each other. Individual rewards, regardless of whether or not dominance changes, could help the site by making it so people want to exalt, and this could be a good change in regards to new players. Many new players regard exalting as something bad, because those dragons are forever out of play. BUT, if there were more rewards for exalting dragons, it might mitigate the issue somewhat, especially because these rewards would only be available from exalting, while you can obtain treasure from multiple mechanics. I mainly just don't think that dominance can really be changed, as I said before, to account for flight culture, as it is set up now. If they can change it and still keep it attached to exalting, great, but I am mainly saying that I wouldn't be upset if they decided to just redo it and attach it to multiple mechanics or expand it beyond exalting etc...
Jessyta wrote on 2021-01-27 15:07:17:

People moving from larger flights to smaller flights will help with the ratio though, thus helping fix the issue at least somewhat.
It really depends on how good the site-offered rewards are, if they are things that will remain desirable/valuable over the course of time/multiple wins, what is required to obtain them and if they are clanbound or not.

It's definitely not something that I think can easily be solved, and that is likely a major reason we have not seen anything done by staff thus far.
I guess my problem is that I don't see people who aren't already into dominance really getting into dominance, so I just see this incentivizing people already into dominance, who aren't that into aesthetics. They would be the ones likely to change flights, which, even though they are making the larger flights slightly smaller, because they are into dom, they will end up helping their new flight achieve dominance more often.

Players who aren't into dominance might get interested, but often they are more interested in aesthetics and things like that, so are much less likely to move to a different flight. But, I don't think, for larger flights, there would be enough new 'dominance players' to really offset those who just aren't interested in exalting period.

So, overall, I don't think more rewards will really affect the flight sizes (because we are talking about hundreds of players having to move, in some cases thousands, in order to affect the formula).

That is why I support both individual rewards and moving dominance away from exalting, though it could remain the main focus of it, to remain in keeping with the lore.

Or they could, instead of changing the lore, add on to it. Sort of like the deities acknowledging that, after so long, the clans pledged to the deities have figured better ways to help their deities achieve dominance in their long fight with each other.

Individual rewards, regardless of whether or not dominance changes, could help the site by making it so people want to exalt, and this could be a good change in regards to new players. Many new players regard exalting as something bad, because those dragons are forever out of play. BUT, if there were more rewards for exalting dragons, it might mitigate the issue somewhat, especially because these rewards would only be available from exalting, while you can obtain treasure from multiple mechanics.

I mainly just don't think that dominance can really be changed, as I said before, to account for flight culture, as it is set up now. If they can change it and still keep it attached to exalting, great, but I am mainly saying that I wouldn't be upset if they decided to just redo it and attach it to multiple mechanics or expand it beyond exalting etc...

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-01-27 11:31:08" ] Plus, I could also see clanbound rewards doing the opposite. If the rewards were apparel or non-consumable (or even some consumables), if the players can't use those items, or already have enough, there is no incentive to exalt more dragons, because they can't use those points. If they can sell the items they get, there will, hopefully, always be reason to exalt, because the player can always sell the items. Thus more dragons will be exalted, even if the number of players exalting doesn't necessarily raise a lot (though I do think it will)[/quote] There can also be two types of items: clanbound and non-clanbound versions, clanbound would cost much less points (=incentive to exalt at all for casual players) and non-bound version could be sold (=incentive to exalt more to profit for heavy exalters). E.g., a clanbound familiar requires, say, 100 exalted levels - but if you need one to sell/give away, you'll need to spend 1000 levels on it to avoid oversaturation of the market. Can technically be overcome by buying leveled fodder (and it would definitely be a spike in price if the dom shop is added), but it won't exclude those who don't exalt at all on principle.
Jemadar wrote on 2021-01-27 11:31:08:
Plus, I could also see clanbound rewards doing the opposite. If the rewards were apparel or non-consumable (or even some consumables), if the players can't use those items, or already have enough, there is no incentive to exalt more dragons, because they can't use those points.

If they can sell the items they get, there will, hopefully, always be reason to exalt, because the player can always sell the items. Thus more dragons will be exalted, even if the number of players exalting doesn't necessarily raise a lot (though I do think it will)
There can also be two types of items: clanbound and non-clanbound versions, clanbound would cost much less points (=incentive to exalt at all for casual players) and non-bound version could be sold (=incentive to exalt more to profit for heavy exalters). E.g., a clanbound familiar requires, say, 100 exalted levels - but if you need one to sell/give away, you'll need to spend 1000 levels on it to avoid oversaturation of the market. Can technically be overcome by buying leveled fodder (and it would definitely be a spike in price if the dom shop is added), but it won't exclude those who don't exalt at all on principle.
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-01-27 15:24:25" ] I guess my problem is that I don't see people who aren't already into dominance really getting into dominance, so I just see this incentivizing people already into dominance, who aren't that into aesthetics. They would be the ones likely to change flights, which, even though they are making the larger flights slightly smaller, because they are into dom, they will end up helping their new flight achieve dominance more often. Players who aren't into dominance might get interested, but often they are more interested in aesthetics and things like that, so are much less likely to move to a different flight. But, I don't think, for larger flights, there would be enough new 'dominance players' to really offset those who just aren't interested in exalting period.[/quote]& another unpopular opinion: It's ok for there to be flights that aren't into dominance and that do not win often. It's ok if a couple flights come in first 10 times a year and a couple others only come in first 3. Dominance is a competition, and competitions have winners and losers... Just like in real life professional sports, there are teams that dominate for years and others that don't. If flights were meant to all have the same number of 1st place finishes a year it would be set up that way. [quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-01-27 15:24:25" ]That is why I support both individual rewards and moving dominance away from exalting, though it could remain the main focus of it, to remain in keeping with the lore. Or they could, instead of changing the lore, add on to it. Sort of like the deities acknowledging that, after so long, the clans pledged to the deities have figured better ways to help their deities achieve dominance in their long fight with each other. Individual rewards, regardless of whether or not dominance changes, could help the site by making it so people want to exalt, and this could be a good change in regards to new players. Many new players regard exalting as something bad, because those dragons are forever out of play. BUT, if there were more rewards for exalting dragons, it might mitigate the issue somewhat, especially because these rewards would only be available from exalting, while you can obtain treasure from multiple mechanics. I mainly just don't think that dominance can really be changed, as I said before, to account for flight culture, as it is set up now. If they can change it and still keep it attached to exalting, great, but I am mainly saying that I wouldn't be upset if they decided to just redo it and attach it to multiple mechanics or expand it beyond exalting etc... [/quote]To clarify my stance, I would like for there to be individual rewards of some degree, but I think it needs to remain tied to how the flight does as a whole. IE: Flights that place in the top 3 get access to a "dom shop" where players have an amount of dom currency to spend that is directly tied to how many dragons/levels they personally exalted. My major struggle is thinking of things that can be used as rewards that would remain appealing over time though.
Jemadar wrote on 2021-01-27 15:24:25:
I guess my problem is that I don't see people who aren't already into dominance really getting into dominance, so I just see this incentivizing people already into dominance, who aren't that into aesthetics. They would be the ones likely to change flights, which, even though they are making the larger flights slightly smaller, because they are into dom, they will end up helping their new flight achieve dominance more often.

Players who aren't into dominance might get interested, but often they are more interested in aesthetics and things like that, so are much less likely to move to a different flight. But, I don't think, for larger flights, there would be enough new 'dominance players' to really offset those who just aren't interested in exalting period.
& another unpopular opinion: It's ok for there to be flights that aren't into dominance and that do not win often. It's ok if a couple flights come in first 10 times a year and a couple others only come in first 3. Dominance is a competition, and competitions have winners and losers...
Just like in real life professional sports, there are teams that dominate for years and others that don't.

If flights were meant to all have the same number of 1st place finishes a year it would be set up that way.
That is why I support both individual rewards and moving dominance away from exalting, though it could remain the main focus of it, to remain in keeping with the lore.

Or they could, instead of changing the lore, add on to it. Sort of like the deities acknowledging that, after so long, the clans pledged to the deities have figured better ways to help their deities achieve dominance in their long fight with each other.

Individual rewards, regardless of whether or not dominance changes, could help the site by making it so people want to exalt, and this could be a good change in regards to new players. Many new players regard exalting as something bad, because those dragons are forever out of play. BUT, if there were more rewards for exalting dragons, it might mitigate the issue somewhat, especially because these rewards would only be available from exalting, while you can obtain treasure from multiple mechanics.

I mainly just don't think that dominance can really be changed, as I said before, to account for flight culture, as it is set up now. If they can change it and still keep it attached to exalting, great, but I am mainly saying that I wouldn't be upset if they decided to just redo it and attach it to multiple mechanics or expand it beyond exalting etc...
To clarify my stance, I would like for there to be individual rewards of some degree, but I think it needs to remain tied to how the flight does as a whole.

IE: Flights that place in the top 3 get access to a "dom shop" where players have an amount of dom currency to spend that is directly tied to how many dragons/levels they personally exalted.

My major struggle is thinking of things that can be used as rewards that would remain appealing over time though.
ZQGfAQY.png
[quote name="Jessyta" date="2021-01-27 15:42:29" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-01-27 15:24:25" ] I guess my problem is that I don't see people who aren't already into dominance really getting into dominance, so I just see this incentivizing people already into dominance, who aren't that into aesthetics. They would be the ones likely to change flights, which, even though they are making the larger flights slightly smaller, because they are into dom, they will end up helping their new flight achieve dominance more often. Players who aren't into dominance might get interested, but often they are more interested in aesthetics and things like that, so are much less likely to move to a different flight. But, I don't think, for larger flights, there would be enough new 'dominance players' to really offset those who just aren't interested in exalting period.[/quote]& another unpopular opinion: It's ok for there to be flights that aren't into dominance and that do not win often. It's ok if a couple flights come in first 10 times a year and a couple others only come in first 3. Dominance is a competition, and competitions have winners and losers... Just like in real life professional sports, there are teams that dominate for years and others that don't. If flights were meant to all have the same number of 1st place finishes a year it would be set up that way. [/quote] To be honest, i feel this way, and that is why I always oppose most suggestions, which would basically boil down to 'give each flight X amount of wins per year', because dominance is a competition and thus, there will always be people who have more drive to win, and/or will figure out how to win more consistently.\ But, sadly, dominance is something that keeps coming up, so our opinion on that isn't something that many others share. So, trying to figure out something that could be 'fair' while still being competitive, to me, sort of means something that is harder to unbalance like the current dominance is. (which basically means removing the player side of it :P). If dominance doesn't change, then I wouldn't really mind (though I still want individual rewards :P)
Jessyta wrote on 2021-01-27 15:42:29:

& another unpopular opinion: It's ok for there to be flights that aren't into dominance and that do not win often. It's ok if a couple flights come in first 10 times a year and a couple others only come in first 3. Dominance is a competition, and competitions have winners and losers...
Just like in real life professional sports, there are teams that dominate for years and others that don't.

If flights were meant to all have the same number of 1st place finishes a year it would be set up that way.
To be honest, i feel this way, and that is why I always oppose most suggestions, which would basically boil down to 'give each flight X amount of wins per year', because dominance is a competition and thus, there will always be people who have more drive to win, and/or will figure out how to win more consistently.\

But, sadly, dominance is something that keeps coming up, so our opinion on that isn't something that many others share. So, trying to figure out something that could be 'fair' while still being competitive, to me, sort of means something that is harder to unbalance like the current dominance is. (which basically means removing the player side of it :P).

If dominance doesn't change, then I wouldn't really mind (though I still want individual rewards :P)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-01-27 15:50:33" ] If dominance doesn't change, then I wouldn't really mind (though I still want individual rewards :P) [/quote] I'm 100% with you haha.
Jemadar wrote on 2021-01-27 15:50:33:
If dominance doesn't change, then I wouldn't really mind (though I still want individual rewards :P)
I'm 100% with you haha.
ZQGfAQY.png
[quote name="reliquiaen" date="2021-01-27 03:32:51" ] lmao so many flights have been dom powerhouses, some longer than others... ah. i moved to earth to get away from dom culture. back then, earth was the 'retirement village' of fr and it's just wild to me that so many heavy exalters moved into our sleepy neighbourhood. more on topic: serious pushes are expensive, others have mentioned it. i remember shadow going broke when i was there (and in the dom team) during a big push and i'm sure other flights do too. so what's the point in fighting so hard for dom when TWO of the things you get still involve spending money. and if your flight has gone broke getting there, then you don't have money to spend on the rewards. so what's the point? possible rewards for winning dom that don't involve spending money you don't have: > new hib den unlockable slots that are exclusively available for dominance. they are individual things, the more dragons you - personally - exalt, the more dom slots you can unlock. not sure if it should be only if your flight wins or just if you exalt a certain number? if it was a combination of both that'd perhaps get more people involved when their flight's doing a push. that's a wip idea > actual free things: tokens that can be turned in at the mp for genes, familiars, apparel REGARDLESS of whether that particular item is in stock. the number of times i've had dom and gone to buy a scroll that doesn't stock for days is outrageous. > gem tokens? gem tokens. let me buy a gem item with a token from dominance, just one, and maybe tucked away behind a high-exalt requirement idk. make them account locked? could maybe even make it like, like a gem gift card. each one worth like 500g or smth and you can cash it in for smth that price or save up and spend a few getting a more expensive thing like a gene idk. that'd be more fair than getting a token and being able to spend on either a 250g familiar or a 2kg scroll. earthdad knows if i could get gem genes for exalting my own dragons i probably wouldn't store them up for oof pushes lol. > trading post tokens. make blossom a little less traumatising to get your claws on, eh? or higher level baldwin items that you can't get yet, just trade one in, yeah? maybe an extra pinkerton grab or smth. > give me gilded chests. not bc they're fantastic, but bc they're FUN. fun to open, fun to sell, give me those thanks. > maybe a dominance npc/trader that has a selection of just funky items. not necessarily 1-off like fiona or a ptw situation but like. if you're into dom you're in the coli a lot right? maybe week-long things like a boost to exp gain, increased chance of rarer drops, etc. or more recolours of battle stones idk, i just feel that if the rewards were better more people would try to win them? someone suggested once getting dom familiars or apparel and that's a neat idea too as long as they're not flight specific (ie, you can only get them if you're in that flight) and they're not 1-off items, that could be cool too. chuck those in the dom trader? let me put some worn battle armour on my mire flier so everyone knows he carries my fodder through lmao. [/quote] i really like all of these ideas! at the moment, i have zero incentive to push dom, for reason i stated before; player-run dom shops exist, so the discount is moot except for lair upgrades. and i only try to sell dragons because they have rarer eye types or are attractive enough that i think someone else might want them. i exalt everything else, because a bit of free treasure builds up over time, and is better than nothing. if there were rewards of some sort, especially things that everyone has access to just from exalting, with perhaps one or two items that were flight-locked, people would be more into it. i mean, there are only two routes currently. either you don't breed at all or very little and your lair population remains fairly static (and you therefore don't contribute to dom), or you breed routinely and either sell the hatchlings (whether as fodder or not) or exalt them yourself. if you want to do breeding, you WILL run out of space and have to exalt eventually. if there were rewards involved, people would at least have a reason to crank out some hatchlings, even if they don't directly care about dominance. unfortunately, there's not a sure way to force people to care about dominance. it's human nature to care more about short-term rewards rather than the long game, for the most part, so even if like, player-run dom discount shops were banned, i personally would just buy stuff full price rather than try and coordinate to get my flight to the top. better that people end up passively contributing through site activities (without it becoming unbalanced i.e. hours spent in games or the coliseum rocketing your flight to the top). in an ideal world, all the flights would be about the same size, with players attracted to one over the others due to lore, aesthetics, and eye color, not what we have now, where different game interests (including dom) drive people to different flights.
reliquiaen wrote on 2021-01-27 03:32:51:
lmao so many flights have been dom powerhouses, some longer than others... ah. i moved to earth to get away from dom culture. back then, earth was the 'retirement village' of fr and it's just wild to me that so many heavy exalters moved into our sleepy neighbourhood.

more on topic: serious pushes are expensive, others have mentioned it. i remember shadow going broke when i was there (and in the dom team) during a big push and i'm sure other flights do too. so what's the point in fighting so hard for dom when TWO of the things you get still involve spending money. and if your flight has gone broke getting there, then you don't have money to spend on the rewards. so what's the point?

possible rewards for winning dom that don't involve spending money you don't have:
> new hib den unlockable slots that are exclusively available for dominance. they are individual things, the more dragons you - personally - exalt, the more dom slots you can unlock. not sure if it should be only if your flight wins or just if you exalt a certain number? if it was a combination of both that'd perhaps get more people involved when their flight's doing a push. that's a wip idea

> actual free things: tokens that can be turned in at the mp for genes, familiars, apparel REGARDLESS of whether that particular item is in stock. the number of times i've had dom and gone to buy a scroll that doesn't stock for days is outrageous.

> gem tokens? gem tokens. let me buy a gem item with a token from dominance, just one, and maybe tucked away behind a high-exalt requirement idk. make them account locked? could maybe even make it like, like a gem gift card. each one worth like 500g or smth and you can cash it in for smth that price or save up and spend a few getting a more expensive thing like a gene idk. that'd be more fair than getting a token and being able to spend on either a 250g familiar or a 2kg scroll. earthdad knows if i could get gem genes for exalting my own dragons i probably wouldn't store them up for oof pushes lol.

> trading post tokens. make blossom a little less traumatising to get your claws on, eh? or higher level baldwin items that you can't get yet, just trade one in, yeah? maybe an extra pinkerton grab or smth.

> give me gilded chests. not bc they're fantastic, but bc they're FUN. fun to open, fun to sell, give me those thanks.

> maybe a dominance npc/trader that has a selection of just funky items. not necessarily 1-off like fiona or a ptw situation but like. if you're into dom you're in the coli a lot right? maybe week-long things like a boost to exp gain, increased chance of rarer drops, etc. or more recolours of battle stones

idk, i just feel that if the rewards were better more people would try to win them? someone suggested once getting dom familiars or apparel and that's a neat idea too as long as they're not flight specific (ie, you can only get them if you're in that flight) and they're not 1-off items, that could be cool too. chuck those in the dom trader? let me put some worn battle armour on my mire flier so everyone knows he carries my fodder through lmao.

i really like all of these ideas! at the moment, i have zero incentive to push dom, for reason i stated before; player-run dom shops exist, so the discount is moot except for lair upgrades. and i only try to sell dragons because they have rarer eye types or are attractive enough that i think someone else might want them. i exalt everything else, because a bit of free treasure builds up over time, and is better than nothing. if there were rewards of some sort, especially things that everyone has access to just from exalting, with perhaps one or two items that were flight-locked, people would be more into it.

i mean, there are only two routes currently. either you don't breed at all or very little and your lair population remains fairly static (and you therefore don't contribute to dom), or you breed routinely and either sell the hatchlings (whether as fodder or not) or exalt them yourself. if you want to do breeding, you WILL run out of space and have to exalt eventually. if there were rewards involved, people would at least have a reason to crank out some hatchlings, even if they don't directly care about dominance.

unfortunately, there's not a sure way to force people to care about dominance. it's human nature to care more about short-term rewards rather than the long game, for the most part, so even if like, player-run dom discount shops were banned, i personally would just buy stuff full price rather than try and coordinate to get my flight to the top. better that people end up passively contributing through site activities (without it becoming unbalanced i.e. hours spent in games or the coliseum rocketing your flight to the top). in an ideal world, all the flights would be about the same size, with players attracted to one over the others due to lore, aesthetics, and eye color, not what we have now, where different game interests (including dom) drive people to different flights.
n9LAXHI.png
swN0YRQ.png
LvvTlaP.png
foF7QGb.png
mAlnTLL.png
DAuLoYm.png
5VuuwLe.png
i do not want to exalt or sell dragons. ever. i only collect. but i do not like the idea that means i hold everyone back because i am counted towards a number that makes everyone else work harder. there are so many ways to play the game so i do not understand why it is like that.
i do not want to exalt or sell dragons. ever. i only collect. but i do not like the idea that means i hold everyone back because i am counted towards a number that makes everyone else work harder. there are so many ways to play the game so i do not understand why it is like that.
3.png
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22 23