Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | complaining about the dom system
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23
...and rightfully so.

i hope one day, really, that the dom system gets some sort of balance. not sure how, but it definitely needs it.

i think earth constantly being high on the dom board is enough proof anyone needs.

the system is messed up. any flight should be able to win, not just the smallest which only needs a few dragons exalted to shoot up on the dom board. something needs to be done about it. i'm not the only one irritated by the fact earth is almost always in one of the top three slots each week. they don't need to schedule or plan pushes. they barely need to try. their mere size gives them the advantage.

the point i'm trying to nail down here is that the dominance system needs to be fixed, reworked, and balanced to make it enjoyable and fair to everyone. a lot of people i know have been discouraged to try and be part of dominance for the mere fact that earth gets the size advantage.

...and rightfully so.

i hope one day, really, that the dom system gets some sort of balance. not sure how, but it definitely needs it.

i think earth constantly being high on the dom board is enough proof anyone needs.

the system is messed up. any flight should be able to win, not just the smallest which only needs a few dragons exalted to shoot up on the dom board. something needs to be done about it. i'm not the only one irritated by the fact earth is almost always in one of the top three slots each week. they don't need to schedule or plan pushes. they barely need to try. their mere size gives them the advantage.

the point i'm trying to nail down here is that the dominance system needs to be fixed, reworked, and balanced to make it enjoyable and fair to everyone. a lot of people i know have been discouraged to try and be part of dominance for the mere fact that earth gets the size advantage.

sh5xjiu.png
0XHtpWy.png
kI850Ts.png
HJLIYn4.png
mlHpBMC.png
32095602p.png
i'm optimistic that change will come, but it can't come soon enough :/
i'm optimistic that change will come, but it can't come soon enough :/
xxxxxxxxxxxx what did you honestly expect to find here? xxxxxxxxxxxx
tumblr_inline_nxzvqj33Dj1tnp410_100.png
I've been here since 2013, and while Earth was t i n y (like, under 4000 clans still somewhere in 2014) I do not remember it ever being this bad in the early days.

In the past, if a Flight was profit-pushing without competition, they would generally get on top and even got Dominance some times. Earth got dom a lot due to their tiny size of course, but it was nothing like this.

Now it's just... Earth on top for 2/3rds of the year, seemingly without effort. (No hate I know it's not you awesome folks' fault... the dom system is just borked.)
I've been here since 2013, and while Earth was t i n y (like, under 4000 clans still somewhere in 2014) I do not remember it ever being this bad in the early days.

In the past, if a Flight was profit-pushing without competition, they would generally get on top and even got Dominance some times. Earth got dom a lot due to their tiny size of course, but it was nothing like this.

Now it's just... Earth on top for 2/3rds of the year, seemingly without effort. (No hate I know it's not you awesome folks' fault... the dom system is just borked.)
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
Dom use to be my favorite thing. Light vs Plague had me engaging with my flight like never before. I exalted dragons that I miss still even to this day. It was fun, challenging, and felt rewarding.

There is currently is no flight that can beat Earth 1v1 without Earth taking 2~3 weeks debuff.

B-but Earth is the smallest flight! They need all the help they can get for being so small!

Yeah why don't we help out the bigger flights who are so badly taxed for their populations and unable to ever dom unless its their festival?

Dom culture has suffered. One of the drawing aspects of this site has been turned to garbage thanks to mathematical disadvantages plus a lack of staff feedback.

Dom use to be my favorite thing. Light vs Plague had me engaging with my flight like never before. I exalted dragons that I miss still even to this day. It was fun, challenging, and felt rewarding.

There is currently is no flight that can beat Earth 1v1 without Earth taking 2~3 weeks debuff.

B-but Earth is the smallest flight! They need all the help they can get for being so small!

Yeah why don't we help out the bigger flights who are so badly taxed for their populations and unable to ever dom unless its their festival?

Dom culture has suffered. One of the drawing aspects of this site has been turned to garbage thanks to mathematical disadvantages plus a lack of staff feedback.

siggy.png
Dom really needs to be shaken up, I feel. Sometimes I feel like more flights would be involved if they felt they had more of a chance to actually place higher.
Dom really needs to be shaken up, I feel. Sometimes I feel like more flights would be involved if they felt they had more of a chance to actually place higher.
Msp9L6c.gif|| Cheshire
she/her
hobbiest writer
enjoyer of many things
wishlist/info
on some level i agree, but it's important to consider community culture as well. a good chunk of the big Dom players and active folks that like to exalt for profit? they're in Earth. it's become The Place To Be for things like Dom discounts and such, which means there's less competition in other flights over casual (non-push) board placement.

even if staff pushes some systematic fixes, it may not help as much as non-Earth players might like, simply due to the community spread of those who Dom vs those who don't. fixing the system is much more easily said than done, i think.
on some level i agree, but it's important to consider community culture as well. a good chunk of the big Dom players and active folks that like to exalt for profit? they're in Earth. it's become The Place To Be for things like Dom discounts and such, which means there's less competition in other flights over casual (non-push) board placement.

even if staff pushes some systematic fixes, it may not help as much as non-Earth players might like, simply due to the community spread of those who Dom vs those who don't. fixing the system is much more easily said than done, i think.
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
I think dom could use an overhaul in many ways (balancing, rewards, beastclans) but I don't think it's anywhere close to the staff's top priority right now. Like Autopsy said I think it'll eventually happen but not for a looooong time. It's reached the same "fabled" status as Adventure Mode for me haha
I think dom could use an overhaul in many ways (balancing, rewards, beastclans) but I don't think it's anywhere close to the staff's top priority right now. Like Autopsy said I think it'll eventually happen but not for a looooong time. It's reached the same "fabled" status as Adventure Mode for me haha
td9UiZS.png
[quote name="After" date="2021-01-26 12:33:02" ] on some level i agree, but it's important to consider community culture as well. a good chunk of the big Dom players and active folks that like to exalt for profit? they're in Earth. it's become The Place To Be for things like Dom discounts and such, which means there's less competition in other flights over casual (non-push) board placement. even if staff pushes some systematic fixes, it may not help as much as non-Earth players might like, simply due to the community spread of those who Dom vs those who don't. fixing the system is much more easily said than done, i think. [/quote] Agreeing with After that the fact that so many people who are into DOM have gone to Earth has created sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy. Even if there were a fix that shifted it so that it would have to be active exalters that were counted towards DOM, you still would have to combat with the fact that Earth probably has deeper pockets than most other flights and would be able to be more competitive in aspects such as Public Buys and raffles. I don't think DOM will ever be "fixed" behind the scenes without the community needing to do a [i]lot[/i] of the heavy lifting to make it competitive again.
After wrote on 2021-01-26 12:33:02:

Agreeing with After that the fact that so many people who are into DOM have gone to Earth has created sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy. Even if there were a fix that shifted it so that it would have to be active exalters that were counted towards DOM, you still would have to combat with the fact that Earth probably has deeper pockets than most other flights and would be able to be more competitive in aspects such as Public Buys and raffles.

I don't think DOM will ever be "fixed" behind the scenes without the community needing to do a lot of the heavy lifting to make it competitive again.
uCR5SCW.png
I have high hopes Water will be able to beat Earth later this year when they face off.
I have high hopes Water will be able to beat Earth later this year when they face off.
ZQGfAQY.png
I often wonder about how dead accounts might affect dom. Like, if one flight has a high number of registered users, but a very small active player base. Would they still qualify as a "larger" flight and be at a disadvantage for dominance, even though a large chunk of their users aren't really around to contribute anything? I would hope not, but it might explain some things about the current situation.

Edit: I have been informed that dead accounts don't affect dom! Just wanted to let people know so I don't accidentally spread misinformation.
I often wonder about how dead accounts might affect dom. Like, if one flight has a high number of registered users, but a very small active player base. Would they still qualify as a "larger" flight and be at a disadvantage for dominance, even though a large chunk of their users aren't really around to contribute anything? I would hope not, but it might explain some things about the current situation.

Edit: I have been informed that dead accounts don't affect dom! Just wanted to let people know so I don't accidentally spread misinformation.
Someday, I will have a full, fleshed-out forum signature.

But today is not that day.

Current avatar dragon: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88842114
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23