Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 2020 Dom Stats
1 2 3 4
[size=5][emoji=prismatic meditate size=1] [b]2020 Dom Summary[/b] [/size] -------------------- Hello! I'm brit and I don't post a lot outside of Water forums, but I made some charts and graphs to share with my flight - but figured they might be interesting for others so I'm going to share them here too. :) I really like numbers. The main source of my data is [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2952125/1#post_2952125]dom watch's[/url] fabulous and fascinating [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T7vwKXDfKUv5P3wPhlX7IS_RrxLGPotic4GS9yQcX2w/edit#gid=751262845]archive.[/url] They have some really cool graphs in there too, but most of them lump in all results since the beginning of FR and I'm more interested in what is happening just recently. [size=5][emoji=eliminate size=1] [b]Placement Data[/b] [/size] -------------------- [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/683419813711839318/794358503736868925/unknown.png[/img] So I guess the first thing to address is that Earth is an outlier (and we will see this again for total placements below). Mean here is 4.33 which is essentially how many dominances we'd all have if we split them equally across the year. But that is not how we do it, so it seems that in 2020 it was typical of a flight to dominate 3 times - and if you did more than that - nice job! [center][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/683419813711839318/805145271679713300/unknown.png[/img][/center] Update: Less pretty chart that shows the change from the 2019 data! We see a few modest gains, with the only really big changes being with Light and Nature. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/683419813711839318/805146566444187678/unknown.png[/img] This has been how things have been going over the past 5 years, in terms of first. I Think it's really interesting to see how flat or bumpy some flights' lines are! [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/683419813711839318/794358601929195560/unknown.png[/img] Since we do have 3 dom board spots, we can also look at total placements. The mean here is 13, but because of our Earth outlier (earthlier?) I think a more appropriate measure of center or average would be the median, which is 10. [center][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/683419813711839318/805145318877560892/unknown.png[/img][/center] And we have the changes here as well. Light with less of a board presence than in the past, but still firmly in #2. Ice and Plague making more of an impact here this year. [b]What do these numbers mean?[/b] Nothing in a one-on-one situation, obviously. Which is maybe why some people were surprised to see Wind beat Plague this year! Frequent placing can be seen as a result of activity, whether that is organized pushing or a more consistent exalting output. Flights placing more than average in 2020 would be Earth, Light, Water, Plague, and Ice. But this isn't the only way to measure activity... [size=5][emoji=scratch size=1] [b]Push Data[/b] [/size] -------------------- [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/683419813711839318/794358700248137748/unknown.png[/img] I don't have secret data on pushes that flights don't announce to dom watch, so, like, this is limited to that. Do let me know if I missed any - though! From this data we see Water, Lightning, and Arcane publicly pushing the most frequently. Is this because they push more? Or that other flights don't bother announcing their profit pushes? Who knows! It could be both! But I would say with certainty that those 3 are hosting frequent organized pushes. I also have some [b]throwdown data.[/b] These are the dragons levels taken in from OOF raffles for all conquest battles post hibernal den - ranked! [indent][emoji=water rune size=1][emoji=ice rune size=1] Water v Ice 2 (2019) - 582k [emoji=light rune size=1][emoji=fire rune size=1] Light v Fire (2020) - 527k [emoji=fire rune size=1][emoji=nature rune size=1] Fire v Nature (2020) - 501k [emoji=wind rune size=1][emoji=plague rune size=1] Wind v Plague (2020) - 477k [emoji=nature rune size=1][emoji=arcane rune size=1] Nature v Arcane (2019) - 425k[/indent] I just grabbed these numbers from public raffle spreadsheets. Obviously we don't know other types of exalted dragon numbers (public buy, internal exalting) but this data I think is still fairly interesting. [size=5][emoji=regeneration size=1] [b]Conclusions[/b] [/size] -------------------- I hope you found this interesting! I'd love to hear any thoughts or questions you have. I wouldn't feel comfortale making assumptions about flights' dom programs here, but I hope that this helps anyone who is curious about how often certain flights push/place. A lot of anecdote gets thrown around whenever people ask and I think it's good to supplement that with some stats. Happy 2021!
2020 Dom Summary

Hello! I'm brit and I don't post a lot outside of Water forums, but I made some charts and graphs to share with my flight - but figured they might be interesting for others so I'm going to share them here too. :) I really like numbers.

The main source of my data is dom watch's fabulous and fascinating archive. They have some really cool graphs in there too, but most of them lump in all results since the beginning of FR and I'm more interested in what is happening just recently.

Placement Data

unknown.png

So I guess the first thing to address is that Earth is an outlier (and we will see this again for total placements below). Mean here is 4.33 which is essentially how many dominances we'd all have if we split them equally across the year. But that is not how we do it, so it seems that in 2020 it was typical of a flight to dominate 3 times - and if you did more than that - nice job!
unknown.png

Update: Less pretty chart that shows the change from the 2019 data! We see a few modest gains, with the only really big changes being with Light and Nature.

unknown.png

This has been how things have been going over the past 5 years, in terms of first. I Think it's really interesting to see how flat or bumpy some flights' lines are!

unknown.png

Since we do have 3 dom board spots, we can also look at total placements. The mean here is 13, but because of our Earth outlier (earthlier?) I think a more appropriate measure of center or average would be the median, which is 10.
unknown.png

And we have the changes here as well. Light with less of a board presence than in the past, but still firmly in #2. Ice and Plague making more of an impact here this year.

What do these numbers mean?

Nothing in a one-on-one situation, obviously. Which is maybe why some people were surprised to see Wind beat Plague this year!

Frequent placing can be seen as a result of activity, whether that is organized pushing or a more consistent exalting output. Flights placing more than average in 2020 would be Earth, Light, Water, Plague, and Ice.

But this isn't the only way to measure activity...

Push Data

unknown.png

I don't have secret data on pushes that flights don't announce to dom watch, so, like, this is limited to that. Do let me know if I missed any - though!

From this data we see Water, Lightning, and Arcane publicly pushing the most frequently. Is this because they push more? Or that other flights don't bother announcing their profit pushes? Who knows! It could be both! But I would say with certainty that those 3 are hosting frequent organized pushes.

I also have some throwdown data. These are the dragons levels taken in from OOF raffles for all conquest battles post hibernal den - ranked!

Water v Ice 2 (2019) - 582k
Light v Fire (2020) - 527k
Fire v Nature (2020) - 501k
Wind v Plague (2020) - 477k
Nature v Arcane (2019) - 425k

I just grabbed these numbers from public raffle spreadsheets. Obviously we don't know other types of exalted dragon numbers (public buy, internal exalting) but this data I think is still fairly interesting.

Conclusions
I hope you found this interesting! I'd love to hear any thoughts or questions you have. I wouldn't feel comfortale making assumptions about flights' dom programs here, but I hope that this helps anyone who is curious about how often certain flights push/place. A lot of anecdote gets thrown around whenever people ask and I think it's good to supplement that with some stats. Happy 2021!

Na5WGHa.png
Yes!!! Brit your dom data is always the best. Water may not quite be Earth flight, but I'm so proud of what we have done this year!

To many more years of FR and fun dom battles-- happy new year everyone!
Yes!!! Brit your dom data is always the best. Water may not quite be Earth flight, but I'm so proud of what we have done this year!

To many more years of FR and fun dom battles-- happy new year everyone!
Oh nice! I didn't realize how many 1st places Water flight got this year. Thanks for showing us this :D
Oh nice! I didn't realize how many 1st places Water flight got this year. Thanks for showing us this :D
BuDq0ZK.gif
This is fascinating. Maybe I need to change to Earth lol!
This is fascinating. Maybe I need to change to Earth lol!
tumblr_o8bdqi2D0C1tddvg0o2_1280.png
Thanks for the data! Here's to another good dom year
Thanks for the data! Here's to another good dom year
wb_choco.pngK2soLRu.png6x9oPGe.pngVl8ccQX.gif
Yesss go water [emoji=guardian love size=1]
Yesss go water
05qhES2.png
fkWjutW.png
uPOLOvt.png
FObX7rS.png
WKtl2lb.png
Vn2pQ5Q.png ANTIMONY
LESBIAN
SHE/THEY
FRT+2
MEMORY PROBLEMS- KINDLY REMIND
I'm not surprised that Lightning leads in Profit pushes. [emoji=ridgeback love size=2]
I'm not surprised that Lightning leads in Profit pushes.
30oPYgq.png
Lightning here to agree that we profit push a lot!

Interesting to see that wind's only three placements were all first haha. When they conquest, they get it!
Lightning here to agree that we profit push a lot!

Interesting to see that wind's only three placements were all first haha. When they conquest, they get it!
myosotis Sela, she/her, FR+3
Jewelry Box Fae Subspecies
Official Lightning Subspecies
Ultimate Dragon Color Guide
Lore
_______________________Jewelry Box Fae subspecies
[quote name="TheSunTheGodsSaw" date="2020-12-31 18:21:51" ] Oh nice! I didn't realize how many 1st places Water flight got this year. Thanks for showing us this :D [/quote] we're you if you weren't you lol
TheSunTheGodsSaw wrote on 2020-12-31 18:21:51:
we're you if you weren't you lol
1HDUhks.png
this is great! I've always wanted to make an all-flight dom comparison like this, but time and energy are nope, ahah. I only just updated my water flight sheet yesterday after not touching it since september :,). that inclusion of domwatch announcements as another way to measure activity is just [i]genius[/i], pure and simple!! I love it. Great job! [emoji=guardian star size=2][emoji=gaoler love size=2]
this is great! I've always wanted to make an all-flight dom comparison like this, but time and energy are nope, ahah. I only just updated my water flight sheet yesterday after not touching it since september :,). that inclusion of domwatch announcements as another way to measure activity is just genius, pure and simple!! I love it. Great job!

__water.gif
Plat • She/Any • FR+2 • Vistas: 124/135 • Avatar (likes?)
WaterDom DataSales TabG1 BargainsWishlist
Droplet • Active exalter • Lore writer • Space enthusiast
Please Ping • DragCaveDappervolkPCE • Discord

_NtwBtfW.png
1 2 3 4