Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dragon age vs Human age
in flight rising dragon babies take about 5-6 days to turn into an adult. and that got me thinking, how long is one day in flight rising compared to human time, because it's unnatural to have babies growing up in a few days, so what's the equivalent? I'm guessing one equals one year, but if anyone else has different thoughts, please tell me! (2 hours equals one month)
in flight rising dragon babies take about 5-6 days to turn into an adult. and that got me thinking, how long is one day in flight rising compared to human time, because it's unnatural to have babies growing up in a few days, so what's the equivalent? I'm guessing one equals one year, but if anyone else has different thoughts, please tell me! (2 hours equals one month)
You can check out [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2791038]this thread[/url], which has some quotes from the creators about the time scale! [quote name="MaskofKeter" date="2019-12-12 03:51:47" ] The admins have stated before in [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327998/15#9620973]this post[/url] that the time it takes for events to occur in-game do not reflect the lore: [quote name="Aequorin" date="2015-03-06"]For purposes of gameplay, Sornieth days and years are about on par with Earth time, as this makes them more relatable to players. However, dragons grow from a hatchling to an adult in a matter of weeks, so while the calendar year is taken into account with Flight Holidays and the like, lorewise, many measurements are considerably longer. [/quote] As for your other questions, some parts of the lore involving time have been inconsistent. For example, according to this post which was made back in 2014, Sornieth has 365 days that are 28 hours long: [quote name="Undel" date="2014-02-23"]The current age (shattered pillar, dragonkind born, shade returned) is less than 1000 cycles/years. For the purposes of keeping our festivals on a time-frame that's not silly, a Flight Rising year is also 365 days, but their days are ~4 hours longer than ours. [/quote]
You can check out this thread, which has some quotes from the creators about the time scale!
MaskofKeter wrote on 2019-12-12 03:51:47:
The admins have stated before in this post that the time it takes for events to occur in-game do not reflect the lore:
Aequorin wrote on 2015-03-06:
For purposes of gameplay, Sornieth days and years are about on par with Earth time, as this makes them more relatable to players. However, dragons grow from a hatchling to an adult in a matter of weeks, so while the calendar year is taken into account with Flight Holidays and the like, lorewise, many measurements are considerably longer.

As for your other questions, some parts of the lore involving time have been inconsistent. For example, according to this post which was made back in 2014, Sornieth has 365 days that are 28 hours long:
Undel wrote on 2014-02-23:
The current age (shattered pillar, dragonkind born, shade returned) is less than 1000 cycles/years. For the purposes of keeping our festivals on a time-frame that's not silly, a Flight Rising year is also 365 days, but their days are ~4 hours longer than ours.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
@StormDraws

Taking the Q&A info into account, I've decided that FR time is on par with gathering turns- aka, one day in real life = 15 days in dragon life. This means dragons age from hatchling to adult in about 3 months. (10 gathering turns from being unfed is because the dragons are too tired to search each day, and bonus turns are from being energized with deity power due to holding dominance.) Dragons do still age INCREDIBLY fast, even in-lore; this is just what makes the most sense for me.
@StormDraws

Taking the Q&A info into account, I've decided that FR time is on par with gathering turns- aka, one day in real life = 15 days in dragon life. This means dragons age from hatchling to adult in about 3 months. (10 gathering turns from being unfed is because the dragons are too tired to search each day, and bonus turns are from being energized with deity power due to holding dominance.) Dragons do still age INCREDIBLY fast, even in-lore; this is just what makes the most sense for me.
h8ppV79.pngPG7Fgon.png
@Wizardry @UserOfShadows
yes, but I do think babies should take loner to grow up
@Wizardry @UserOfShadows
yes, but I do think babies should take loner to grow up
I take the passage of time in-game pretty literally. From hatchday to “adulthood” is 5 days because my clan is nestled neatly in a pocket of concentrated magic. It’s like in Minecraft, if you maxed out the tick speed. Since 5 days is an awful short span of time, most dragons aren’t considered “adults” until they’ve been RTB for a month (if they were bred as soon as they reached RTB the first time, they’d be an adult by the time they could breed again). Even then, they’re not usually taken seriously until they’re about 6 months old.
I take the passage of time in-game pretty literally. From hatchday to “adulthood” is 5 days because my clan is nestled neatly in a pocket of concentrated magic. It’s like in Minecraft, if you maxed out the tick speed. Since 5 days is an awful short span of time, most dragons aren’t considered “adults” until they’ve been RTB for a month (if they were bred as soon as they reached RTB the first time, they’d be an adult by the time they could breed again). Even then, they’re not usually taken seriously until they’re about 6 months old.
Sturm
with a
"U"
Gay man (MlM) flag in the style of a faux FlightRising item He/It
FR Time +0
G1 Hoarder
Current Avatar
DO1.png
@StormDraws

That's fair, but not everything ages on human time. Humans are pretty slow to age, most animals age quite a lot faster- and with as much magic as there is on Sornieth, I can absolutely see super quick aging happening here. Still, it's up to interpretation how fast that actually is, since there hasn't been a straight answer afaik!
@StormDraws

That's fair, but not everything ages on human time. Humans are pretty slow to age, most animals age quite a lot faster- and with as much magic as there is on Sornieth, I can absolutely see super quick aging happening here. Still, it's up to interpretation how fast that actually is, since there hasn't been a straight answer afaik!
h8ppV79.pngPG7Fgon.png
@UserOfShadows
Yeah, make sense
@UserOfShadows
Yeah, make sense