Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | light ancient question
has it been confirmed that the light ancient isn't emperors/that we'll never have emperors

i've been in hiatus awhile, thought i'd ask since imps already seem pretty ancient and it would be pretty rad to have an emperor

i can see it not being possible though since. emperors are zombies.

maybe some magical thing happens where by "fixing" imperials lightweaver just. messed something up more and made emperors live flesh & blood hgdFSGHH

heck of an ancient to end on, multi-headed & limbed....i wont keep my hopes up though
has it been confirmed that the light ancient isn't emperors/that we'll never have emperors

i've been in hiatus awhile, thought i'd ask since imps already seem pretty ancient and it would be pretty rad to have an emperor

i can see it not being possible though since. emperors are zombies.

maybe some magical thing happens where by "fixing" imperials lightweaver just. messed something up more and made emperors live flesh & blood hgdFSGHH

heck of an ancient to end on, multi-headed & limbed....i wont keep my hopes up though
1205.png
Shardz #93701
mlHpBMC.png
szLFrpq.png
bYt72YT.png
X
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

my memory is so bad that i hadn't changed this since march 28th which i only know because it was "happy birthday sora"

cleaning my lair, G1s for sale

0kkQE96.png
TW8ViqF.png
5hF3FGk.png
FObX7rS.png
1206.png
I haven't seen anything from staff that said light's ancient wouldn't be an emperor. But that doesn't mean they haven't said anything of the sort.

Honestly, I don't think the zombie thing would be a roadblock. After all, it's literally canon lore that they're basically zombies. (Edit: all staff would have to do is not make them look like they're literally rotting)

I would absolutely love to have emperors as light's ancient. I think a lot of other people would too.

Edit 2, based on newer responses: yeah it makes sense why emperors would never be a real thing, but it would still be really cool if they were. I think, then, that Arcane ought to get a multi-headed multi-limbed abomination.
I haven't seen anything from staff that said light's ancient wouldn't be an emperor. But that doesn't mean they haven't said anything of the sort.

Honestly, I don't think the zombie thing would be a roadblock. After all, it's literally canon lore that they're basically zombies. (Edit: all staff would have to do is not make them look like they're literally rotting)

I would absolutely love to have emperors as light's ancient. I think a lot of other people would too.

Edit 2, based on newer responses: yeah it makes sense why emperors would never be a real thing, but it would still be really cool if they were. I think, then, that Arcane ought to get a multi-headed multi-limbed abomination.
RGfeibN.png
Staff has confirmed at some point that it won't be emperors, since emperors aren't their own breed but an amalgamation of imperials.
Staff has confirmed at some point that it won't be emperors, since emperors aren't their own breed but an amalgamation of imperials.
aasolsmall.pngaa
mags
they/vae
fr +8
drymmsmallsmall.png
yup - emperors are essentially still imperials, meaning they're still a modern breed. doesn't mean we can't get anything vaguely similar in the multihead/limb department, but emperors were confirmed to be out in terms of ancients edit: from an earlier thread: [quote name="Aequorin" date="2019-04-15 07:37:27" ] [quote name="darkmicewar" date="2019-04-15 07:34:28" ] So just like many people are giving their opinions i was wondering what if we get a breed that is an emperor dragon! (they're 12 headed if im not wrong) and would look scary and weird or maybe actually good depending on how they design it. I myself imagine them like a snake. maybe no wings and 12 heads? [/quote] Emperors are an undead combination of multiple imperial dragons, and imperials are a modern breed. @/darkmicewar [/quote]
yup - emperors are essentially still imperials, meaning they're still a modern breed. doesn't mean we can't get anything vaguely similar in the multihead/limb department, but emperors were confirmed to be out in terms of ancients

edit:
from an earlier thread:
Aequorin wrote on 2019-04-15 07:37:27:
darkmicewar wrote on 2019-04-15 07:34:28:
So just like many people are giving their opinions i was wondering what if we get a breed that is an emperor dragon! (they're 12 headed if im not wrong) and would look scary and weird or maybe actually good depending on how they design it. I myself imagine them like a snake. maybe no wings and 12 heads?

Emperors are an undead combination of multiple imperial dragons, and imperials are a modern breed. @/darkmicewar
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
@Kitsicles
I wouldn't completely rule it out, but I think it unlikely. I think that in terms of actual lore I think Imperials would technically be Ancients. They were the first Light breed and Lightweaver made Pearlcatchers to fix them. We aren't going to get a Light ancient for a while though.
@Kitsicles
I wouldn't completely rule it out, but I think it unlikely. I think that in terms of actual lore I think Imperials would technically be Ancients. They were the first Light breed and Lightweaver made Pearlcatchers to fix them. We aren't going to get a Light ancient for a while though.
VGxuHXT.png
I think what makes Imps not Ancient breeds is that they've continued to integrate themselves in modern dragon society. I mean, after looking at the encyclopedia what we have so far is:

Gaolers were locked away in their own ice prisons, working as wardens.

Banescales were extinct, save for their eggs hidden in blocked-off caves.

Veilspuns kept themselves isolated as well, existing only as myth among modern Clans.

All three Ancients so far did not integrate with modern Clans until recently. But Imperials have been since their creation. They can be Light's first children, and still not be 'Ancient'.

I saw a theory that the Light Ancient will be an Emperor/Imperial hunter, that Lightweaver locked away when she became wary of them. With this new Emperor problem, and her voiced regret over Imps, she decides to release them once again. I love this theory and hope it's close to the truth.
I think what makes Imps not Ancient breeds is that they've continued to integrate themselves in modern dragon society. I mean, after looking at the encyclopedia what we have so far is:

Gaolers were locked away in their own ice prisons, working as wardens.

Banescales were extinct, save for their eggs hidden in blocked-off caves.

Veilspuns kept themselves isolated as well, existing only as myth among modern Clans.

All three Ancients so far did not integrate with modern Clans until recently. But Imperials have been since their creation. They can be Light's first children, and still not be 'Ancient'.

I saw a theory that the Light Ancient will be an Emperor/Imperial hunter, that Lightweaver locked away when she became wary of them. With this new Emperor problem, and her voiced regret over Imps, she decides to release them once again. I love this theory and hope it's close to the truth.
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png