Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | for those of you who bought gems w/ USD
1 2 3 4 5
I regularly buy them or my GF buys them for us. FR is a small site, and I want to help support them. I see it a bit like donating, I suppose.
I regularly buy them or my GF buys them for us. FR is a small site, and I want to help support them. I see it a bit like donating, I suppose.
The handful of times that I've bought gems have been absolutely worth it! Even when I went on hiatus from the game and wasn't sure if I'd return, I never regretted buying gems from the site.

There's so much stigma in regards to buying things on free-to-play games. But I hope nobody here lets that bother them. If you're getting enjoyment out of something, you should never feel embarrassed to (responsibly) spend money on it.

Now that we can use our cards to buy gems, I'll likely purchase a little more frequently, as long as I'm able. I've gotten so much enjoyment out of this game over the past seven years, I feel it deserves it! It's no different than when I make a donation to a YouTuber or Twitch streamer that I frequently watch. Normally I'd have to pay at least $10 a month for some video service. So it's the least I can do to occasionally support someone that I watch daily and get so much joy from.
The handful of times that I've bought gems have been absolutely worth it! Even when I went on hiatus from the game and wasn't sure if I'd return, I never regretted buying gems from the site.

There's so much stigma in regards to buying things on free-to-play games. But I hope nobody here lets that bother them. If you're getting enjoyment out of something, you should never feel embarrassed to (responsibly) spend money on it.

Now that we can use our cards to buy gems, I'll likely purchase a little more frequently, as long as I'm able. I've gotten so much enjoyment out of this game over the past seven years, I feel it deserves it! It's no different than when I make a donation to a YouTuber or Twitch streamer that I frequently watch. Normally I'd have to pay at least $10 a month for some video service. So it's the least I can do to occasionally support someone that I watch daily and get so much joy from.
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

Spending money on this game is more rewarding than paying money for something on say, PokemonGO. Plus, I like supporting this site.
Spending money on this game is more rewarding than paying money for something on say, PokemonGO. Plus, I like supporting this site.
105143.png
Absolutely worth it. I spend a lot of time here and get so much enjoyment from the site that I'm more than happy to support it. And like people have said above, it's no different from spending money on a streaming account or other entertainment.
Absolutely worth it. I spend a lot of time here and get so much enjoyment from the site that I'm more than happy to support it. And like people have said above, it's no different from spending money on a streaming account or other entertainment.
MmSftql.png
Yes and no, depending what I bought with them lol
Yes and no, depending what I bought with them lol
BigShotModelS3.png
Yes, I buy gems relatively often because I like supporting the site, but I try to only use the gems I buy with real currency on things like UMAs and adoptables/artwork now (although I definitely splurged on a bunch of veilspun scrolls whoops).

I find it takes some of the satisfaction out of achieving my project dragons if I buy the gems for their genes with real money, but I have no problems spending cash on gems if it's for a beautifully drawn skin or accent because I'm receiving a piece of artwork someone worked hard on, and if it's limited release, it will go up in value over time.
Yes, I buy gems relatively often because I like supporting the site, but I try to only use the gems I buy with real currency on things like UMAs and adoptables/artwork now (although I definitely splurged on a bunch of veilspun scrolls whoops).

I find it takes some of the satisfaction out of achieving my project dragons if I buy the gems for their genes with real money, but I have no problems spending cash on gems if it's for a beautifully drawn skin or accent because I'm receiving a piece of artwork someone worked hard on, and if it's limited release, it will go up in value over time.
liviussig_zpsyf7tnb2u.png
Is there any sort of credit card type gift card (like a visa gift card) that could be used to purchase gems from the site?
Is there any sort of credit card type gift card (like a visa gift card) that could be used to purchase gems from the site?
UZIDWtE.png phryg
FR +0
they/them
linguist and language learner
sprite credit @Meese
yes, because i don't have enough time to accrue that much on my own. usually it's an investment where whatever i spend the gems on ends up making me even more money in the future. also, i like to support the artists making the site. i never spend more than $10 out of the blue, unless it's like a bday gift for myself.
yes, because i don't have enough time to accrue that much on my own. usually it's an investment where whatever i spend the gems on ends up making me even more money in the future. also, i like to support the artists making the site. i never spend more than $10 out of the blue, unless it's like a bday gift for myself.
>wishlist
>my magnum opus
b04qJywAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png
BT1N47G.png
Yessss, especially with the bonus :^) I was supposed to save up for an action figure of Wamuu but I guess that'll have to wait. I'll be ordering once the whole pandemic tones down because I don't want to put on any more unnecessary load on the posting system. But...also some people could use some money. What do I do.

But yeah! A friend of mine told me she also received a bonus because she referred me kjfkldjfg
Yessss, especially with the bonus :^) I was supposed to save up for an action figure of Wamuu but I guess that'll have to wait. I'll be ordering once the whole pandemic tones down because I don't want to put on any more unnecessary load on the posting system. But...also some people could use some money. What do I do.

But yeah! A friend of mine told me she also received a bonus because she referred me kjfkldjfg
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
i haven't bought gems, but it'd be the same to me as buying an event pass on a game i like! cool stuff and the satisfaction of throwing money at the devs i like :>
i haven't bought gems, but it'd be the same to me as buying an event pass on a game i like! cool stuff and the satisfaction of throwing money at the devs i like :>
1 2 3 4 5