Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Dragon Struggle (Noob Mistakes)
1 2 3
[quote name="dolled" date="2020-11-29 19:09:21" ] not buying those dang halos while they were available through fest currency... i've only got one halo i bought with fest currency which is, lo and behold, the infamous luminous halo. [/quote] *cries* birds of a feather :') I also regret slapping my poor random progen around so much, really I regret breeding my progens at all because I have become my own worst enemy: an offspring list fiend
dolled wrote on 2020-11-29 19:09:21:
not buying those dang halos while they were available through fest currency... i've only got one halo i bought with fest currency which is, lo and behold, the infamous luminous halo.

*cries* birds of a feather :')

I also regret slapping my poor random progen around so much, really I regret breeding my progens at all because I have become my own worst enemy: an offspring list fiend
adopt.pngxxxxxxxx2z8Ghkx.png
I also regret not buying more during fests, especially seeing as I missed the halos, but really I was super new so it's not like I was able....

I do regret not naming some of my progens offspring, and even breeding them tho
I also regret not buying more during fests, especially seeing as I missed the halos, but really I was super new so it's not like I was able....

I do regret not naming some of my progens offspring, and even breeding them tho
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
Not buying a second light sprite and whatever the apparel was called. I was going to grind out for it, I had it all planned out, but I decided I could skip it cause it was bound to show up next year in the next festival. Plus there was no way it was gonna be that popular. Definitely not 30k+ gems popular....
Not buying a second light sprite and whatever the apparel was called. I was going to grind out for it, I had it all planned out, but I decided I could skip it cause it was bound to show up next year in the next festival. Plus there was no way it was gonna be that popular. Definitely not 30k+ gems popular....
tumblr_inline_nk71ajhrKe1qg2i5p.png
When I was new, I got a lot of dragons from friends (and I still have a lot of them), but I also bought myself a few dragons. I remember my first dragon I bought was this little imperial hatchling, but I had gotten so many dragons and he wasn't as good (in the "almost too pretty" sense), so I sold him shortly after Over the years I felt bad and wanted to find who he was and see if I could find him again; once dragon search got revamped i tried, but all I remembered is that he was a grey range water male imp with a crystal primary. I tried to search based on what I remembered, but in couldn't find a dragon that felt right. Then I decided to go back in my discord dms to see what I could find, and I found an image of him! I can read scries well so I knew what colors to search for, and I found him! But he was exalted :( i mean, he was going to be fodder regardless, but I was sad that I couldn't get my first purchased dragon back. So I decided to make a breeding project and ended up breeding a copy, so in a way I can have him back <3 wasn't the first time I brought back an old perma, so I like to think he has some friends ^u^ The dragon in referring to is this guy, by the way: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62823662][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/628237/62823662_350.png[/img][/url] The link to the original boy is in his bio! (The recreation hatched with goat eyes, which i thought was special in its own right, so I kept it lol. And added runes because I knew I would have anyway)
When I was new, I got a lot of dragons from friends (and I still have a lot of them), but I also bought myself a few dragons. I remember my first dragon I bought was this little imperial hatchling, but I had gotten so many dragons and he wasn't as good (in the "almost too pretty" sense), so I sold him shortly after

Over the years I felt bad and wanted to find who he was and see if I could find him again; once dragon search got revamped i tried, but all I remembered is that he was a grey range water male imp with a crystal primary. I tried to search based on what I remembered, but in couldn't find a dragon that felt right. Then I decided to go back in my discord dms to see what I could find, and I found an image of him! I can read scries well so I knew what colors to search for, and I found him!

But he was exalted :( i mean, he was going to be fodder regardless, but I was sad that I couldn't get my first purchased dragon back. So I decided to make a breeding project and ended up breeding a copy, so in a way I can have him back <3 wasn't the first time I brought back an old perma, so I like to think he has some friends ^u^

The dragon in referring to is this guy, by the way:

62823662_350.png

The link to the original boy is in his bio! (The recreation hatched with goat eyes, which i thought was special in its own right, so I kept it lol. And added runes because I knew I would have anyway)
Alpha :: FR+0
they/them or
he/him please!

tumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvO0vd1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzLZx61r2ao8y_540.png
_____ vxsLSdd.png _ ° Wishlist
° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° 8x8/90mil!
__ TTTYQHv.png 1XIVewE.gif
My progens’ very first child, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/34466486]Minerva[/url], was an XXY Forest/Shamrock (3-off XXX) with a neat ID. I sold her for cheap, so she was exalted. They haven’t had another double since, even though I breed them a lot ;-; I did manage to buy the only other dragon with the same colors/element on the site - she’s my progens’ adopted child! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55342880][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/553429/55342880_350.png[/img][/url]
My progens’ very first child, Minerva, was an XXY Forest/Shamrock (3-off XXX) with a neat ID. I sold her for cheap, so she was exalted. They haven’t had another double since, even though I breed them a lot ;-;

I did manage to buy the only other dragon with the same colors/element on the site - she’s my progens’ adopted child!

55342880_350.png
ZmzBHMQ.png Maya | She/Her | FR+0 SVwGCMX.png
I wish I'd kept one of my progens' first clutch.
I wish I'd kept one of my progens' first clutch.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
Impulse breeding and consequently exalting one of my favorite dragon's mate and offspring. The mate I don't mind, but I'd have loved to have kept some of the kids for lore stuff.

Since I'm a dragon capitalist: Selling old fest skins I could've made bank on now. Not hoarding gems sooner.

Biggest one: Scattering my progen! I made her cream/chocolate early on when my lair was going to be dessert themed, got red as random tert, ended up not liking it, scattered a few times and never got anything very good.... With all the new genes and breeds that're out now, cream/chocolate/red would have suited her. Oh well.
Impulse breeding and consequently exalting one of my favorite dragon's mate and offspring. The mate I don't mind, but I'd have loved to have kept some of the kids for lore stuff.

Since I'm a dragon capitalist: Selling old fest skins I could've made bank on now. Not hoarding gems sooner.

Biggest one: Scattering my progen! I made her cream/chocolate early on when my lair was going to be dessert themed, got red as random tert, ended up not liking it, scattered a few times and never got anything very good.... With all the new genes and breeds that're out now, cream/chocolate/red would have suited her. Oh well.
18880fa67fd73aab211edb30cbc19b73.gif
My list of bigges regrets:
  • Scattered my custom progen (he was originally an XYY)
  • Didn't keep the first child of my progens (only good thing is: I gave him to one of my irl friends and they won't exalt the kid)
  • Sold first year festival apparels dirty cheap (like 40kt)
  • Didn't buy first year fest apparels during early fests (bc I thought they are ugly)
  • Didn't buy first year fest apparels when they was cheap
  • Didn't buy cheap eggs, back then they was like 40-50kt
  • Exalted my first hatched G1 (he was a 6 digi with pretty decent colors) and didn't even trained him
  • Exalted other 6 digit G1s and old dragons in general and didn't even trained them
My list of bigges regrets:
  • Scattered my custom progen (he was originally an XYY)
  • Didn't keep the first child of my progens (only good thing is: I gave him to one of my irl friends and they won't exalt the kid)
  • Sold first year festival apparels dirty cheap (like 40kt)
  • Didn't buy first year fest apparels during early fests (bc I thought they are ugly)
  • Didn't buy first year fest apparels when they was cheap
  • Didn't buy cheap eggs, back then they was like 40-50kt
  • Exalted my first hatched G1 (he was a 6 digi with pretty decent colors) and didn't even trained him
  • Exalted other 6 digit G1s and old dragons in general and didn't even trained them
swip.png Yumi's XXX G1 quest
Wishlist
Yumi's goal tracker
Quitting in 2015 and selling off everything I owned for cheap...
Breeding my progens, especially the male...

Though I recently found a forum post with one of the gen 1's I hatched long ago, and discovered that not only does he and his mate (that I either hatched or bought) have gem genes and have been well loved, but the lore I wrote for them was still in their bios (: theyre in a dead lair but not exalted, after all those years
Quitting in 2015 and selling off everything I owned for cheap...
Breeding my progens, especially the male...

Though I recently found a forum post with one of the gen 1's I hatched long ago, and discovered that not only does he and his mate (that I either hatched or bought) have gem genes and have been well loved, but the lore I wrote for them was still in their bios (: theyre in a dead lair but not exalted, after all those years
>Found a egg
>See that it a chest
>Hatch it
>Oh a dragon, I don't need one right now
>Exalt it in 0.01 second, not even bother to train them
>Found a egg
>See that it a chest
>Hatch it
>Oh a dragon, I don't need one right now
>Exalt it in 0.01 second, not even bother to train them
ZNFnNga.pngwUUwxGI.pngL4bPcPD.png
1 2 3