Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Dragon Struggle (Noob Mistakes)
1 2 3
So yesterday I was going through an old Discord chat and found a picture of an old G1. It was the first egg I hatched. This lad was Sanddollar/Camo/Z, and being the stupid idiot newbie I was, I thought “oh ugly >:(“ and sold them.

It had been two years, and today I decided “oh, let’s go find them!” They’re still chilling out in a hibernation den as someone’s perma. The owner said in the tab description that they weren’t interested in selling them. Alright, that’s fine.

I hopped into the scrying workshop and immediately cursed my younger self. Sanddollar Lionfish/Camo Toxin looks hecking amazing, and I would love to have the derg back. I respect the owner and won’t offer on the derg.

I peek in the AH, no results. I search for G1s, and it seems like most of them aren’t for sale. I’m just sad now that I never gave that poor dragon a chance.

What mistakes have you made that you didn’t regret until much later?
So yesterday I was going through an old Discord chat and found a picture of an old G1. It was the first egg I hatched. This lad was Sanddollar/Camo/Z, and being the stupid idiot newbie I was, I thought “oh ugly >:(“ and sold them.

It had been two years, and today I decided “oh, let’s go find them!” They’re still chilling out in a hibernation den as someone’s perma. The owner said in the tab description that they weren’t interested in selling them. Alright, that’s fine.

I hopped into the scrying workshop and immediately cursed my younger self. Sanddollar Lionfish/Camo Toxin looks hecking amazing, and I would love to have the derg back. I respect the owner and won’t offer on the derg.

I peek in the AH, no results. I search for G1s, and it seems like most of them aren’t for sale. I’m just sad now that I never gave that poor dragon a chance.

What mistakes have you made that you didn’t regret until much later?
Sturm
with a
"U"
Gay man (MlM) flag in the style of a faux FlightRising item He/It
FR Time +0
G1 Hoarder
Current Avatar
DO1.png H1sgaHX.png
A kid from my progens named Moss was my favorite dragon in my tiny lair apart from Peacock for a long time. But then I sold her. She got exalted :(
A kid from my progens named Moss was my favorite dragon in my tiny lair apart from Peacock for a long time. But then I sold her. She got exalted :(
Z1RkWWM.png
I immediately exalted my first ever multigaze dragon because I had the same "oh ugly" reaction. A year later I went back to look at him and it turns out he could've looked so good and matchy if only I'd given him a chance D:
I immediately exalted my first ever multigaze dragon because I had the same "oh ugly" reaction. A year later I went back to look at him and it turns out he could've looked so good and matchy if only I'd given him a chance D:
RGfeibN.png
not collecting festival familiars back in 2015, when i joined. those sprites were much more cheaper...
not collecting festival familiars back in 2015, when i joined. those sprites were much more cheaper...
charley he/him
KZNPfqd.png
I did the same as a newbie, in 2014 when G1s were worth good money, even ugly ones.
I did the same as a newbie, in 2014 when G1s were worth good money, even ugly ones.
KG62W6om.jpg Among Us Adopt
(Im)Perfect Plushies Adopt
Desmond's Drawings (100g)
Dragons with Art
Naomi/666 Veilspuns
I remember that I cleaned out my lair, and ended up selling couple of dragons which are siblings as well. Eventually, I regretted that decision. One was exalted later, and another is well loved by the buyer (though in a dead lair). The parents are still out there with the same owner, but they won't have the same element anymore if their offsprings are ever bred again.
I remember that I cleaned out my lair, and ended up selling couple of dragons which are siblings as well. Eventually, I regretted that decision. One was exalted later, and another is well loved by the buyer (though in a dead lair). The parents are still out there with the same owner, but they won't have the same element anymore if their offsprings are ever bred again.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
From v early in the game, my two biggest regrets are

1- Selling or exalting SO MANY OLD DRAGONS. Can you IMAGINE if I had saved all those five digits I hatched??? MAD BANK. This was my first ever dragon hatch!

2- Selling my first Pearlcatcher. I worked hard for him, he was my first expensive dragon purchase. And his colors were great. I miss him. :(
From v early in the game, my two biggest regrets are

1- Selling or exalting SO MANY OLD DRAGONS. Can you IMAGINE if I had saved all those five digits I hatched??? MAD BANK. This was my first ever dragon hatch!

2- Selling my first Pearlcatcher. I worked hard for him, he was my first expensive dragon purchase. And his colors were great. I miss him. :(
w8o0xW1.png springcleanrafflebutton.png iiILKcw.png
anything i did in like 2014 i basically undid later for personal reasons

hoardsold everything

sold a bunch of dragons because of their names/memory attached to them

if i waited just a bit longer i'd understand why not to do that

conversely, almost joined lightning and stopped myself. sure light's not as powerful now but i wouldnt be able to bring myself to leave tbh. aesthetic's good. eyes are nice & neutral.
anything i did in like 2014 i basically undid later for personal reasons

hoardsold everything

sold a bunch of dragons because of their names/memory attached to them

if i waited just a bit longer i'd understand why not to do that

conversely, almost joined lightning and stopped myself. sure light's not as powerful now but i wouldnt be able to bring myself to leave tbh. aesthetic's good. eyes are nice & neutral.
1205.png
Shardz #93701
mlHpBMC.png
szLFrpq.png
bYt72YT.png
X
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

my memory is so bad that i hadn't changed this since march 28th which i only know because it was "happy birthday sora"

cleaning my lair, G1s for sale

0kkQE96.png
TW8ViqF.png
5hF3FGk.png
FObX7rS.png
1206.png
[quote name="Xuelian" date="2020-11-29 16:12:28" ] not naming one of my progens' offspring. [/quote] It was their [i]first one[/i]. I sold him, he got randomly named and exalted, and now there's just a big awful "Brawny" right at the top of their offspring lists every time I go there. Also, breeding too many of my dragons, not buying enough familiars/apparel at festivals, the list goes on.
Xuelian wrote on 2020-11-29 16:12:28:
not naming one of my progens' offspring.
It was their first one. I sold him, he got randomly named and exalted, and now there's just a big awful "Brawny" right at the top of their offspring lists every time I go there.
Also, breeding too many of my dragons, not buying enough familiars/apparel at festivals, the list goes on.
iJZWqi6.png
a3KveD8.png
1fpzX0w.png
Lvsm6NG.png
FObX7rS.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
not buying those dang halos while they were available through fest currency... i've only got one halo i bought with fest currency which is, lo and behold, the infamous luminous halo.
i wish i kept all of my breeding pairs while i was in that breeding pair phase. i miss them
did i at least save up money back then? nope, i didn't of course
not to mention the number of dragons i exalted with potentially cool id numbers!! i like special id numbers and i don't even want to think about that possibility :(
not buying those dang halos while they were available through fest currency... i've only got one halo i bought with fest currency which is, lo and behold, the infamous luminous halo.
i wish i kept all of my breeding pairs while i was in that breeding pair phase. i miss them
did i at least save up money back then? nope, i didn't of course
not to mention the number of dragons i exalted with potentially cool id numbers!! i like special id numbers and i don't even want to think about that possibility :(
..........................52927620204-00a57591c5-o.png
NAMEflightriisng.png
they/she :: FR+0
i love my partner :3
p90UoHj.png
1 2 3