Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Username Change (help wanted)
1 2
Alright, so I'm highly considering changing my username bc even though Nauyak will always be special to me, I haven't met anyone else who can pronounce it properly (it's the Iñupiat word for "seagull"). I'd love some assistance in choosing a new one!

Here's the list of names:

Yaupon (a type of holly native to southeast US, pronounced like "YEW-pon")
Faunal (like floral, but...fauna)
Kudu (a type of antelope)
Asio (the genus of long-eared and short-eared owls, plus a few other species)

I'm also open to other suggestions! Including keeping Nauyak, but I'm leaning towards switching

Which name is most memorable to you? Which name would stick out to you most when browsing accent shops or other areas of the forums?
Alright, so I'm highly considering changing my username bc even though Nauyak will always be special to me, I haven't met anyone else who can pronounce it properly (it's the Iñupiat word for "seagull"). I'd love some assistance in choosing a new one!

Here's the list of names:

Yaupon (a type of holly native to southeast US, pronounced like "YEW-pon")
Faunal (like floral, but...fauna)
Kudu (a type of antelope)
Asio (the genus of long-eared and short-eared owls, plus a few other species)

I'm also open to other suggestions! Including keeping Nauyak, but I'm leaning towards switching

Which name is most memorable to you? Which name would stick out to you most when browsing accent shops or other areas of the forums?
RGfeibN.png
based on sound/look of the word, i like nauyak and marjoram best. thematically nauyak, bryde, omura, kudu. i like ungulates lol
based on sound/look of the word, i like nauyak and marjoram best. thematically nauyak, bryde, omura, kudu. i like ungulates lol
6oFwgLp.png note--i change my avatar and vista all the time.

FObX7rS.png
szLFrpq.png
TdTJOrw.png
My favorite on the list would have to be Faunal
My favorite on the list would have to be Faunal
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2918343
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2918343
pro tips:
- if you add a message to a CR then decline it, the person who you're trading with CAN'T see the message - editing a post DOES NOT re-ping any pings in the post. you have to remove the pings, submit, then add them back in.
nauyak's pretty nice, if you're indecisive, i'd say keep it for now, but i think rainbird and myna are good too. i'm not sure how many of those usernames are taken already, you could check that to narrow down the list? it'd be a letdown to have your heart and soul set on a username only to find someone's already got it.
nauyak's pretty nice, if you're indecisive, i'd say keep it for now, but i think rainbird and myna are good too. i'm not sure how many of those usernames are taken already, you could check that to narrow down the list? it'd be a letdown to have your heart and soul set on a username only to find someone's already got it.
iJZWqi6.png
a3KveD8.png
1fpzX0w.png
Lvsm6NG.png
FObX7rS.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[quote name="CrystalDragon14" date="2020-11-25 22:41:07" ] https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2918343 [/quote] This link to a thread with unused usernames. Really tempting. I got mine from there
CrystalDragon14 wrote on 2020-11-25 22:41:07:
This link to a thread with unused usernames. Really tempting. I got mine from there
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
Out of all of those, I like Myna the best. It's nice and short. And Myna birds are cute!
Out of all of those, I like Myna the best. It's nice and short. And Myna birds are cute!
jCVhFoZ.gif
I like Nauyak, Kudu, or Myna the most!
I like Nauyak, Kudu, or Myna the most!
sig wip :)
I like your current name best!
No one ever pronounced mine correctly either, haha

Of the others, I like Faunal
I like your current name best!
No one ever pronounced mine correctly either, haha

Of the others, I like Faunal
qR6otwA.png
Oooh I like Faunal and Porpoise