Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | modern breeds but as ancients
1 2 3 4
i've been wondering about modern breeds for awhile, and how they could be more unique with the liberties of ancient, and so i took a rather basic dragon- the bogsneak, and i made them into something new! [img]https://imgur.com/GGgqBQr.png[/img] (picture is a little blurrier because i resized it, but whatevs) I made the bogsneak still a little distinct to it's form now in this sketch, but i made it more leviathan like at the last minute with fins for hind legs. (ignore that wing there behind it's head and it's strange anatomy. i started to get bored with the line art.) what do you think other breeds would look like if they were ancient? for starters, i think maybe Imperials wouldn't have wings in the first place.
i've been wondering about modern breeds for awhile, and how they could be more unique with the liberties of ancient, and so i took a rather basic dragon- the bogsneak, and i made them into something new!

GGgqBQr.png
(picture is a little blurrier because i resized it, but whatevs)
I made the bogsneak still a little distinct to it's form now in this sketch, but i made it more leviathan like at the last minute with fins for hind legs. (ignore that wing there behind it's head and it's strange anatomy. i started to get bored with the line art.)

what do you think other breeds would look like if they were ancient? for starters, i think maybe Imperials wouldn't have wings in the first place.
xulc4O8.png
Guardians would have more webbing and maybe look more like axolotls. Just more aquatic I guess
Guardians would have more webbing and maybe look more like axolotls. Just more aquatic I guess

I get too many pings, please PM if you ping and I don’t respond
Imperials definitely wouldn't have wings! Floating around somewhere is some art that Undel has confirmed was part of the beta design for Imperials, and they are very much wingless.

Speaking of beta art, we probably wouldn't have Pearlcatchers at all - we'd have Swiftwings!
Imperials definitely wouldn't have wings! Floating around somewhere is some art that Undel has confirmed was part of the beta design for Imperials, and they are very much wingless.

Speaking of beta art, we probably wouldn't have Pearlcatchers at all - we'd have Swiftwings!
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
Yeah imperials would look more like the Chinese dragons (long)

Would wildclaws have no wings? They look a lot like raptors imo

52970845778_17c037eedd_o.png ... » She/Her
» Wishlist
» FR Time +3
» G1s For Sale
[quote name="Sequel" date="2020-10-23 20:29:28" ] Yeah imperials would look more like the Chinese dragons (long) Would wildclaws have no wings? They look a lot like raptors imo [/quote] I have a dear wish that ancient wildclaws look more like various forms of theropods like baryonyx and stuff. Just real big gnarly snarly dino boys.
Sequel wrote on 2020-10-23 20:29:28:

I have a dear wish that ancient wildclaws look more like various forms of theropods like baryonyx and stuff. Just real big gnarly snarly dino boys.
3xgPfeK.png
Spirals with legs like centipedes.
Spirals with legs like centipedes.
Listen that art looks amazing!!! Love the pose [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
Listen that art looks amazing!!! Love the pose
Sunder-Planets-Shaded-And-Bio-1-png.pngtortoise-beetle-shine-final.gif
I would have a billion bogsneaks if they looked like that. Dang.

Fae would probably have like, at least eight arms/legs. Maybe more. Imagine. :V
I would have a billion bogsneaks if they looked like that. Dang.

Fae would probably have like, at least eight arms/legs. Maybe more. Imagine. :V
Beautiful leviathan Bogsneak concept I love iT

I feel like a ridgeback ancient would be a porcupine that’s it, just all spikes
Beautiful leviathan Bogsneak concept I love iT

I feel like a ridgeback ancient would be a porcupine that’s it, just all spikes
Untitled_Artwork.png
Mirror dragons would have something like their original design. Two heads, two tails, maybe even eight legs.
Mirror dragons would have something like their original design. Two heads, two tails, maybe even eight legs.
She/Her. On a semi-hiatus.
Wy0IOy1.png
1 2 3 4