Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Reimagining Primal
1 2 3 4
I think all the flights could benefit from a plague- or arcane-like set of eyes that covers the whole face with a 'mask' or a 'pattern'. I'm imagining something a little crazier than just "two eyes" because IT'S A LOVELY AESTHETIC but it doesn't need to go body horror either:

Earth: A 'mask' of quarts-like crystal or something covering the face. I'm thinking the looks of the inside of a geode, like gembond or that arcane cruystal growth apparel from last years festival, but in a pale quartz-y color where the brown of the eyes can pop. Something similar in texture to the jaw and belly of this fella, just on the upper side of the skull instead and with eyes nestled in there.
Fire: An ember in charcoal look. A blackened face 'mask' with lines of fire where the eyes appear. Something like this.
Nature: I'm thinking a face somewhat similar to the Gladekeeper, a face mask of bark, and you could have green glowing energy coming from the cracks in the bark, holding the eyes.
Water: Just replace the face with an area of stormy waves, I can't really think of anything else tbh. Similar to the texture of this guy, just more locally applied.

I think all the flights could benefit from a plague- or arcane-like set of eyes that covers the whole face with a 'mask' or a 'pattern'. I'm imagining something a little crazier than just "two eyes" because IT'S A LOVELY AESTHETIC but it doesn't need to go body horror either:

Earth: A 'mask' of quarts-like crystal or something covering the face. I'm thinking the looks of the inside of a geode, like gembond or that arcane cruystal growth apparel from last years festival, but in a pale quartz-y color where the brown of the eyes can pop. Something similar in texture to the jaw and belly of this fella, just on the upper side of the skull instead and with eyes nestled in there.
Fire: An ember in charcoal look. A blackened face 'mask' with lines of fire where the eyes appear. Something like this.
Nature: I'm thinking a face somewhat similar to the Gladekeeper, a face mask of bark, and you could have green glowing energy coming from the cracks in the bark, holding the eyes.
Water: Just replace the face with an area of stormy waves, I can't really think of anything else tbh. Similar to the texture of this guy, just more locally applied.

IMG-2023-08-05-124048.jpg
i honestly cant think of another for wind.. maybe green feathers?

____babab__aebe_
Vista: Bisexual Ribbon Vista: Genderfluid Ribbon
The contents of this message have been removed. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to Flight Rising Support.
The contents of this message have been removed. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to Flight Rising Support.
[quote name="Kiserath" date="2020-10-21 07:58:45" ] [quote name="Achoo" date="2020-10-21 06:42:49" ] i honestly cant think of another for wind.. maybe green feathers? [/quote] Maybe like small tornadoes for eyes? [/quote] Cloud eyes.
Kiserath wrote on 2020-10-21 07:58:45:
Achoo wrote on 2020-10-21 06:42:49:
Maybe like small tornadoes for eyes?
Cloud eyes.
IMG-2023-08-05-124048.jpg
[quote name="Quid" date="2020-10-20 23:12:05" ] What if Earth eyes were literal gemstones [img]https://i.imgur.com/RhgmAHZ.png[/img] [/quote] [img]https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/4Gz0VP2KQCLgt0F3_iwWWN-zd-s=/0x0:1672x941/1200x800/filters:focal(703x338:969x604)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/57219507/Sableye_M16.0.png[/img]
Quid wrote on 2020-10-20 23:12:05:
What if Earth eyes were literal gemstones

RhgmAHZ.png
Sableye_M16.0.png
[quote name="Recallback" date="2020-10-20 18:12:47" ] Light: Shiny eyes with kind of a white-ish core and lots of golden sparkles! Cmon, LW gets called Glittermom. Y'all deserve Glitter. [/quote] Would move to Light for this.
Recallback wrote on 2020-10-20 18:12:47:
Light: Shiny eyes with kind of a white-ish core and lots of golden sparkles! Cmon, LW gets called Glittermom. Y'all deserve Glitter.

Would move to Light for this.
Noodledad's wayward child on a whirlwind tour of Sornieth
uQA55c0.pngkYCXHUE.pngqC4cJJE.pngDTB2XDj.png
I feel like plague's could have done better tbh. Yes, they're gross and that's great and all, but the fact that they're bright red and green and also take up a large percentage of the dragon's face make them VERY hard to y'know... actually use. Wish the pustules were more contained and centered around the eye.

Earth primal is just ugly tbh. Wish it would have been more jaggedy with some rocks being much longer than others instead of looking perfectly formed around the eye. Would have helped with not making it look like pink eye as well.

I feel like plague's could have done better tbh. Yes, they're gross and that's great and all, but the fact that they're bright red and green and also take up a large percentage of the dragon's face make them VERY hard to y'know... actually use. Wish the pustules were more contained and centered around the eye.

Earth primal is just ugly tbh. Wish it would have been more jaggedy with some rocks being much longer than others instead of looking perfectly formed around the eye. Would have helped with not making it look like pink eye as well.

tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
> +3 FR
>She/Her
>Stuck in G1 Hell
[quote name="Naivety" date="2020-10-21 03:47:32" ] [quote name="Quid" date="2020-10-20 23:12:05" ] What if Earth eyes were literal gemstones [img]https://i.imgur.com/RhgmAHZ.png[/img] [/quote] No thanks, it creeps me more than plague [/quote] Yes! That’s what I was thinking with the skeletal wyrm version. But with the dry bleached bone look to the skull as well. I know it’d creep people out. But it’s also so on point for Earth’s lore.
Naivety wrote on 2020-10-21 03:47:32:
Quid wrote on 2020-10-20 23:12:05:
What if Earth eyes were literal gemstones

RhgmAHZ.png
No thanks, it creeps me more than plague

Yes! That’s what I was thinking with the skeletal wyrm version. But with the dry bleached bone look to the skull as well. I know it’d creep people out. But it’s also so on point for Earth’s lore.
Those eyes are bootiful!!
Those eyes are bootiful!!
- Subspecies Hatchery
- Amazing video on how to get free gems
- Cauldron Service
| She/Her | +3 FR time | Ping me! | Rest your eyes! |
Wind:

Eagle eyed: very intense stare regardless of their actual emotions, but excellent for traveling Sornieth at high altitudes.

Gust: sparkling shreds of elemental energy carried on an unseen breeze, similar appearance to Springs Breath apparel, but more ethereal.
Wind:

Eagle eyed: very intense stare regardless of their actual emotions, but excellent for traveling Sornieth at high altitudes.

Gust: sparkling shreds of elemental energy carried on an unseen breeze, similar appearance to Springs Breath apparel, but more ethereal.
1 2 3 4