Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FR is banned at my school
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2020-10-13 07:39:21" ] Sooooooooo, as a team we'd really prefer it if those of you in 8th grade or high school [i]didn't[/i] play the game until [i]after[/i] school. I know, I know "no fun" and all, but your education is important. Even if you want to make games for your career, you need your high school degree (or equivalent) to get there. Pixel dragons will still be here when your classes are done for the day. [emoji=new friend size=1] [/quote] didn't say nothin about collage
Aequorin wrote on 2020-10-13 07:39:21:
Sooooooooo, as a team we'd really prefer it if those of you in 8th grade or high school didn't play the game until after school.

I know, I know "no fun" and all, but your education is important. Even if you want to make games for your career, you need your high school degree (or equivalent) to get there. Pixel dragons will still be here when your classes are done for the day.
didn't say nothin about collage
Sig_Adopt_-_Elys_small.png
[quote name="Elsycl" date="2020-10-14 17:36:23" ] [quote name="Aequorin" date="2020-10-13 07:39:21" ] Sooooooooo, as a team we'd really prefer it if those of you in 8th grade or high school [i]didn't[/i] play the game until [i]after[/i] school. I know, I know "no fun" and all, but your education is important. Even if you want to make games for your career, you need your high school degree (or equivalent) to get there. Pixel dragons will still be here when your classes are done for the day. [emoji=new friend size=1] [/quote] didn't say nothin about collage [/quote] I suspect they have a legal duty of care towards minors. Once you're a legal adult, they're no longer responsible if you decide to wreck your life. :P
Elsycl wrote on 2020-10-14 17:36:23:
Sooooooooo, as a team we'd really prefer it if those of you in 8th grade or high school didn't play the game until after school.

I know, I know "no fun" and all, but your education is important. Even if you want to make games for your career, you need your high school degree (or equivalent) to get there. Pixel dragons will still be here when your classes are done for the day.
didn't say nothin about collage
I suspect they have a legal duty of care towards minors. Once you're a legal adult, they're no longer responsible if you decide to wreck your life. :P
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2020-10-13 07:39:21" ] Sooooooooo, as a team we'd really prefer it if those of you in 8th grade or high school [i]didn't[/i] play the game until [i]after[/i] school. I know, I know "no fun" and all, but your education is important. Even if you want to make games for your career, you need your high school degree (or equivalent) to get there. Pixel dragons will still be here when your classes are done for the day. [emoji=new friend size=1] [/quote] I- oops This makes so much sense in my brain but I impulsively check FR during classes by habit... [size=1]no wonder I've been performing badly and losing sleep lol[/size]

I- oops

This makes so much sense in my brain but I impulsively check FR during classes by habit...
no wonder I've been performing badly and losing sleep lol
Ot3Ahks.jpg
My school lets us have a 30-minute lunch period, where we’re allowed to have our phones out and do whatever we like as long as we’re being school appropriate and six feet away. It’s a pretty good time to go on FR, I gotta say.
My school lets us have a 30-minute lunch period, where we’re allowed to have our phones out and do whatever we like as long as we’re being school appropriate and six feet away. It’s a pretty good time to go on FR, I gotta say.
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2020-10-13 07:39:21" ] Sooooooooo, as a team we'd really prefer it if those of you in 8th grade or high school [i]didn't[/i] play the game until [i]after[/i] school. I know, I know "no fun" and all, but your education is important. Even if you want to make games for your career, you need your high school degree (or equivalent) to get there. Pixel dragons will still be here when your classes are done for the day. [emoji=new friend size=1] [/quote] I completely agree with this. And it is good to see you guys think that way too! (I'm relatively new lol)

I completely agree with this. And it is good to see you guys think that way too! (I'm relatively new lol)
my school doesnt make an effort to ban games, and with my hybrid learning, i could technically play it in school...

don't worry about me yall. im almost an adult and my college apps are almost done already. what i do worry about is my godawful laptop battery :/
my school doesnt make an effort to ban games, and with my hybrid learning, i could technically play it in school...

don't worry about me yall. im almost an adult and my college apps are almost done already. what i do worry about is my godawful laptop battery :/
divider_by_yesirukey-dbok0z5.pngdivider_by_yesirukey-dbok0z5.png
Flight Rising wasn't banned in my high school before I graduated in May 2018. Although it was rarely ever on my Chromebook, I can get on some other petsim sites and such, but for some reason on the school network I'd constantly get 401 errors where it seems like I'm logged out on one half of the site, and where I'm logged in I get the error. In computer lab I can wipe my history to fix it, but on the Chromebook I can't so everyday I have to pray the glitch fixes itself. Which it did. Sometimes.
Flight Rising wasn't banned in my high school before I graduated in May 2018. Although it was rarely ever on my Chromebook, I can get on some other petsim sites and such, but for some reason on the school network I'd constantly get 401 errors where it seems like I'm logged out on one half of the site, and where I'm logged in I get the error. In computer lab I can wipe my history to fix it, but on the Chromebook I can't so everyday I have to pray the glitch fixes itself. Which it did. Sometimes.
o9Cn4yA.gifxpxalNl.gif4mo3Cj1.gif
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2020-10-13 07:39:21" ] Sooooooooo, as a team we'd really prefer it if those of you in 8th grade or high school [i]didn't[/i] play the game until [i]after[/i] school. I know, I know "no fun" and all, but your education is important. Even if you want to make games for your career, you need your high school degree (or equivalent) to get there. Pixel dragons will still be here when your classes are done for the day. [emoji=new friend size=1] [/quote] FR is my motivation to get my work done early so i can take care of my pixel dragons lmao

FR is my motivation to get my work done early so i can take care of my pixel dragons lmao
__________.____
plague_banner.png

MUYNhfy.png_iDFl61R.png
JvUa9ma.png_WKtl2lb.png
plagueshieldr.png
I remember when I first joined FR, I tried to get on it at my school a week later, but alas, it was banned.

I could use a VPN, but :P. School is the one place where I can focus on school stuff, anyways.
I remember when I first joined FR, I tried to get on it at my school a week later, but alas, it was banned.

I could use a VPN, but :P. School is the one place where I can focus on school stuff, anyways.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
It wasn't banned at my school, but it did keep logging me out every 10 or so minutes. So I didn't play much FR at school, but rather did some homework in school time, so I could have more FR time when I was at home.
Anyway now I'm at uni, so i guess just keep going? I know school is tough (believe me, i know how hard it is, I had a chronic illness though my final 3 years of school), but it's worth it to focus, study, and try your best. Doing well in school isn't the be-all end-all teachers often say it is, but it is still important. It can make future study or a job much easier to get, and it also helps cultivate good studying and time management habits that will serve you well in the rest of your life.
There's no need to completely stop playing FR, but my advice would be to play it smarter, for lack of a better word. It sounds like it's a schlep to play it at school - so do homework during spare school time, and store up your free time for home so you can play more easily.
It wasn't banned at my school, but it did keep logging me out every 10 or so minutes. So I didn't play much FR at school, but rather did some homework in school time, so I could have more FR time when I was at home.
Anyway now I'm at uni, so i guess just keep going? I know school is tough (believe me, i know how hard it is, I had a chronic illness though my final 3 years of school), but it's worth it to focus, study, and try your best. Doing well in school isn't the be-all end-all teachers often say it is, but it is still important. It can make future study or a job much easier to get, and it also helps cultivate good studying and time management habits that will serve you well in the rest of your life.
There's no need to completely stop playing FR, but my advice would be to play it smarter, for lack of a better word. It sounds like it's a schlep to play it at school - so do homework during spare school time, and store up your free time for home so you can play more easily.
s7cpOmi.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8