Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FR is banned at my school
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I agree with everyone saying that education is very important, but school can get boring sometimes. The I-already-understood-this-subject-why-are-we-listening-to-it-a-hundredth-time sort of boring. I didn't use internet while at school, but I did take a drawing pad and spend the time between note-taking drawing FR dragons :3 And now with online classes, I can have a hand on my keyboard playing coli and my other hand on my pen ready to take notes [emoji=ridgeback winking size=1] That said, I don't do any of that on a difficult subject. It's better to pay close attention in class, pass all exams and then have all the holidays to coli or browse the AH
I agree with everyone saying that education is very important, but school can get boring sometimes. The I-already-understood-this-subject-why-are-we-listening-to-it-a-hundredth-time sort of boring.
I didn't use internet while at school, but I did take a drawing pad and spend the time between note-taking drawing FR dragons :3

And now with online classes, I can have a hand on my keyboard playing coli and my other hand on my pen ready to take notes

That said, I don't do any of that on a difficult subject. It's better to pay close attention in class, pass all exams and then have all the holidays to coli or browse the AH
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2020-10-13 07:39:21" ] Sooooooooo, as a team we'd really prefer it if those of you in 8th grade or high school [i]didn't[/i] play the game until [i]after[/i] school. I know, I know "no fun" and all, but your education is important. Even if you want to make games for your career, you need your high school degree (or equivalent) to get there. Pixel dragons will still be here when your classes are done for the day. [emoji=new friend size=1] [/quote] All fine! Our Computing lessons are super boring, we didnt even start with programs yet, just the security you always have to know at the beginning of each year... [emoji=guardian deadpan size=1] I Will stop playing when we come to more important stuff, So dont worry! [emoji=coatl laughing size=1]
Aequorin wrote on 2020-10-13 07:39:21:
Sooooooooo, as a team we'd really prefer it if those of you in 8th grade or high school didn't play the game until after school.

I know, I know "no fun" and all, but your education is important. Even if you want to make games for your career, you need your high school degree (or equivalent) to get there. Pixel dragons will still be here when your classes are done for the day.
All fine! Our Computing lessons are super boring, we didnt even start with programs yet, just the security you always have to know at the beginning of each year...
I Will stop playing when we come to more important stuff, So dont worry!
[quote name="ProbablySkeletor" date="2020-10-13 09:49:52" ] Teacher here, please don't play FR or any other games during school! It's hard enough to keep track of student attentiveness when everyone uses laptops or chomebooks anyway, please make our job a little bit easier and try to focus on your work. Most teachers are super stressed right now given the current circumstances and we're having a hard enough time keeping your attention as it is! I promise FR can wait until the school day is over. Now, if you have free time and have finished all your work, that's a different story and of course it's fine to play FR then. [/quote] haha - funny thing, actually: I use puzzles like those on the fairgrounds a lot to keep my fickle little ADHD brain focused on my lectures. If I can use them like a fidget toy, there's no harm in collecting a little dragon money while I'm at it :p
ProbablySkeletor wrote on 2020-10-13 09:49:52:
Teacher here, please don't play FR or any other games during school! It's hard enough to keep track of student attentiveness when everyone uses laptops or chomebooks anyway, please make our job a little bit easier and try to focus on your work. Most teachers are super stressed right now given the current circumstances and we're having a hard enough time keeping your attention as it is! I promise FR can wait until the school day is over. Now, if you have free time and have finished all your work, that's a different story and of course it's fine to play FR then.

haha - funny thing, actually: I use puzzles like those on the fairgrounds a lot to keep my fickle little ADHD brain focused on my lectures. If I can use them like a fidget toy, there's no harm in collecting a little dragon money while I'm at it :p
unknown.png FRT + 3
My worst regret: a leveling service
Mafia Hatchery
One Sentence Lore
One day you're 16 and the entire world is at your fingertips, your classes are less important to you than experiencing life around you, and while you don't neglect your classes, you definitely don't focus on them either.

Flash foward, you're now 18 and you've been accepted into the college of your choice, scholarship from the school covers half of your tuition, but your parents had 5 kids, and none of them had a college fund. You don't make enouh in scholarships, and growing up poor means you are so much more less likely to take thousands of dollars in debt on with no guarantee in your future. So you take a gap year, plan to enter a local university for much cheaper and transfer within a few years.

Flash foward, You're now 26. your gap year turned into 8 gap years, college has become increasingly out of reach for you and you are stuck in an increasingly vicious work environment, you finally manage to find a job in your field of interest, and you get incredibly underpaid for the job.

You start to think a degree would be really useful right now. Too bad that ship sunk a long time ago.

You is me.
Me messed up.

I can't say where life would have taken me if i had taken my academics seriously, but i can say to you that i didnt, and it closed a lot of doors for me. I watched all of my friends go to college, and graduate, and leave me behind. It sucks. I wish more than anything i could go back and backhand myself but i can't.

I beg of you, to do everything you can to educate yourself, to platform yourself, to do whatever you need to do to keep as many doors open for you as possible, because it is NOT easy out hurr.
One day you're 16 and the entire world is at your fingertips, your classes are less important to you than experiencing life around you, and while you don't neglect your classes, you definitely don't focus on them either.

Flash foward, you're now 18 and you've been accepted into the college of your choice, scholarship from the school covers half of your tuition, but your parents had 5 kids, and none of them had a college fund. You don't make enouh in scholarships, and growing up poor means you are so much more less likely to take thousands of dollars in debt on with no guarantee in your future. So you take a gap year, plan to enter a local university for much cheaper and transfer within a few years.

Flash foward, You're now 26. your gap year turned into 8 gap years, college has become increasingly out of reach for you and you are stuck in an increasingly vicious work environment, you finally manage to find a job in your field of interest, and you get incredibly underpaid for the job.

You start to think a degree would be really useful right now. Too bad that ship sunk a long time ago.

You is me.
Me messed up.

I can't say where life would have taken me if i had taken my academics seriously, but i can say to you that i didnt, and it closed a lot of doors for me. I watched all of my friends go to college, and graduate, and leave me behind. It sucks. I wish more than anything i could go back and backhand myself but i can't.

I beg of you, to do everything you can to educate yourself, to platform yourself, to do whatever you need to do to keep as many doors open for you as possible, because it is NOT easy out hurr.
Pix-fam.png
I-C-adopt.png

Pixel Familiars

Adopt Shop
_________________________________ Hatchery

Dress dragons. Win Treasure.
Nest.png
Luminax-mini.png
It's blocked at my school too, but weirdly enough, while I can't play it while connected to the school wifi on my personal computer, you can play it on the desktops in the computer lab.
It's blocked at my school too, but weirdly enough, while I can't play it while connected to the school wifi on my personal computer, you can play it on the desktops in the computer lab.
Waystone2.giftihutbH.pngnk0fJDk.pngrnj5WRD.pngWaystone1.gif ZhWd0U3.png
[/center]
[quote name="ProbablyLying" date="2020-10-13 14:34:26" ] One day you're 16 and the entire world is at your fingertips, your classes are less important to you than experiencing life around you, and while you don't neglect your classes, you definitely don't focus on them either. Flash foward, you're now 18 and you've been accepted into the college of your choice, scholarship from the school covers half of your tuition, but your parents had 5 kids, and none of them had a college fund. You don't make enouh in scholarships, and growing up poor means you are so much more less likely to take thousands of dollars in debt on with no guarantee in your future. So you take a gap year, plan to enter a local university for much cheaper and transfer within a few years. Flash foward, You're now 26. your gap year turned into 8 gap years, college has become increasingly out of reach for you and you are stuck in an increasingly vicious work environment, you finally manage to find a job in your field of interest, and you get incredibly underpaid for the job. You start to think a degree would be really useful right now. Too bad that ship sunk a long time ago. You is me. Me messed up. I can't say where life would have taken me if i had taken my academics seriously, but i can say to you that i didnt, and it closed a lot of doors for me. I watched all of my friends go to college, and graduate, and leave me behind. It sucks. I wish more than anything i could go back and backhand myself but i can't. I beg of you, to do everything you can to educate yourself, to platform yourself, to do whatever you need to do to keep as many doors open for you as possible, because it is NOT easy out hurr. [/quote] This could be me, except for one thing. My parents had 7 kids, I was the youngest, by far, so no college fund. However, the exception is, my parents always emphasized education and learning in general, and I always loved learning, so, I did get scholarships. (of course, what helped too is that I was in school at a time when they didn't issue personal laptops to students, nor did we do work on computers outside of computer specific classes, and then weren't online unless the teacher let us) Bottom line, it may seem boring, and so many other things are more interesting, but neglecting it can really mess things up in the long run.
ProbablyLying wrote on 2020-10-13 14:34:26:

You is me.
Me messed up.

This could be me, except for one thing.

My parents had 7 kids, I was the youngest, by far, so no college fund.

However, the exception is, my parents always emphasized education and learning in general, and I always loved learning, so, I did get scholarships. (of course, what helped too is that I was in school at a time when they didn't issue personal laptops to students, nor did we do work on computers outside of computer specific classes, and then weren't online unless the teacher let us)

Bottom line, it may seem boring, and so many other things are more interesting, but neglecting it can really mess things up in the long run.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I just graduated, but I'd play flight rising all the time during classes. I did fine in all of them! I also played during lunch and once I'd finish all my assignments. Our laptops were touchscreen which made coli grinding and mass-relisting for the AH sooo much faster.

I was grounded at home for about a year so school laptops were all I could use for FR access.

And tbh since I've graduated I've had such little time for FR I've basically quit unless I'm just trying to avoid college assignments. (like now)

but don't worry, I'll get them done... I always do somehow (:
I just graduated, but I'd play flight rising all the time during classes. I did fine in all of them! I also played during lunch and once I'd finish all my assignments. Our laptops were touchscreen which made coli grinding and mass-relisting for the AH sooo much faster.

I was grounded at home for about a year so school laptops were all I could use for FR access.

And tbh since I've graduated I've had such little time for FR I've basically quit unless I'm just trying to avoid college assignments. (like now)

but don't worry, I'll get them done... I always do somehow (:
52234740674_590132cdb4_o.pngx > art shop
> toyhouse
> gen1 sales
uwu
> FR +3
> closing manager
> gen1
collector
uwuHandleAnimal.png
99WsXaL.gif
Ahhhh I remember for a while, there was a way to completely bypass the blocks on the computers at my school. They eventually blocked it, of course, but those were fun days. :')
Ahhhh I remember for a while, there was a way to completely bypass the blocks on the computers at my school. They eventually blocked it, of course, but those were fun days. :')
PJb908Z.png
I don't play FR at school to be honest, it's difficult and I don't want to get in trouble for having a VPN or something. They've completely blocked everything, which makes sense I guess. Plus, the stress of high school is wayyyy too high for me to worry over pixel dragons.
I don't play FR at school to be honest, it's difficult and I don't want to get in trouble for having a VPN or something. They've completely blocked everything, which makes sense I guess. Plus, the stress of high school is wayyyy too high for me to worry over pixel dragons.

nfZCrZ4.png
I dont mind being pinged!
I graduated shortly before FR became public so I have no idea if it got banned or not
Also '13 was before smartphones really exploded in usage so sneaking play time that was wasn't possible
I graduated shortly before FR became public so I have no idea if it got banned or not
Also '13 was before smartphones really exploded in usage so sneaking play time that was wasn't possible
zXxPZyW.pngh9eGKnU.pngSkLRWkr.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8