Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Banescale popularity?
1 2 3 4 5
I have a Banescale that I love in my clan, but so far none of the tertiary genes are doing it for me. His tert color *could* work really well, but with the genes we have, it just doesn't.

HOWEVER, I feel pretty confident saying that a new tertiary for Banescales coming out would depend on... actual demand for a new tertiary. Which depends on people actually wanting to work with Banescales.

So can anyone tell me what the Banescale scene is like right now?
I have a Banescale that I love in my clan, but so far none of the tertiary genes are doing it for me. His tert color *could* work really well, but with the genes we have, it just doesn't.

HOWEVER, I feel pretty confident saying that a new tertiary for Banescales coming out would depend on... actual demand for a new tertiary. Which depends on people actually wanting to work with Banescales.

So can anyone tell me what the Banescale scene is like right now?
I don’t know much about this, but I’ve always felt Gaolers have been more popular. I just see way more of them around. Although, I do see a lot of adoptables for Banes. Perhaps a new tert would spice them up a bit! I would actually like to see that, especially since Gaolers have gotten like 3

Maybe with the current situation of the world, they shifted the focus of bane genes to make sure they got the promised new ancient out? Just a theory
I don’t know much about this, but I’ve always felt Gaolers have been more popular. I just see way more of them around. Although, I do see a lot of adoptables for Banes. Perhaps a new tert would spice them up a bit! I would actually like to see that, especially since Gaolers have gotten like 3

Maybe with the current situation of the world, they shifted the focus of bane genes to make sure they got the promised new ancient out? Just a theory
HX0RiC0.png
@OverlyOptimistic Yeah, I specifically typed this up while thinking about Gaolers. Around the time the braids came out, it thought it might be telling that... was it contour? was the last thing to come out for Banescales. And it's definitely possible that Banescales have really had to take the backburner.
@OverlyOptimistic Yeah, I specifically typed this up while thinking about Gaolers. Around the time the braids came out, it thought it might be telling that... was it contour? was the last thing to come out for Banescales. And it's definitely possible that Banescales have really had to take the backburner.
Both Gaolers and Banes need more genes in general. As much as I like both breeds, it gets boring when they've only got a very small selection of genes to pick from compared to the variety modern breeds have access to.
Both Gaolers and Banes need more genes in general. As much as I like both breeds, it gets boring when they've only got a very small selection of genes to pick from compared to the variety modern breeds have access to.
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
[quote name="Xela" date="2020-10-11 12:23:07" ] Both Gaolers and Banes need more genes in general. As much as I like both breeds, it gets boring when they've only got a very small selection of genes to pick from compared to the variety modern breeds have access to. [/quote] I agree so much, they already cant wear clothes, so the lack of genes makes them more boring imo compared to modern breed
Xela wrote on 2020-10-11 12:23:07:

I agree so much, they already cant wear clothes, so the lack of genes makes them more boring imo compared to modern breed
Banescale genes aren't very good at all
Banescale genes aren't very good at all
I love Banes, but admittedly I genuinely forget they exist until someone brings them up. I think it's just cause we haven't like.... had a new gene release for Banes SINCE they came out, I think anyway.
That's a long time with no genes for a breed who relies on its genes for appeal.
I love Banes, but admittedly I genuinely forget they exist until someone brings them up. I think it's just cause we haven't like.... had a new gene release for Banes SINCE they came out, I think anyway.
That's a long time with no genes for a breed who relies on its genes for appeal.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
I just don’t like banes as much and most of their genes are too busy for me. I much prefer the fluffy Nordic vibe that gaolers have
I just don’t like banes as much and most of their genes are too busy for me. I much prefer the fluffy Nordic vibe that gaolers have
tgKCVtZ.png
I love banes, but their gene selection is small, busy, and sometimes hard to work with.
I love banes, but their gene selection is small, busy, and sometimes hard to work with.
fireh5.png
[quote name="Hardestadt" date="2020-10-11 12:30:13" ] [quote name="Xela" date="2020-10-11 12:23:07" ] Both Gaolers and Banes need more genes in general. As much as I like both breeds, it gets boring when they've only got a very small selection of genes to pick from compared to the variety modern breeds have access to. [/quote] I agree so much, they already cant wear clothes, so the lack of genes makes them more boring imo compared to modern breed [/quote] Yeahhhhh, this is the exact problem I run into with them. PLUS they have such a small amount of festival skins (which anyone can get without spending diamonds or real money), which would be the only thing that could make up for apparel/lack of gene variety. I get that festival skins can only be determined by what users want to make, and Banescales really haven't been around for that many fests, but it really feels like they're stuck. Banescales don't have a lot of variety, they get less popular, so they get LESS opportunity for customization, they get even less popular, and on and on it goes.
Hardestadt wrote on 2020-10-11 12:30:13:
Xela wrote on 2020-10-11 12:23:07:

I agree so much, they already cant wear clothes, so the lack of genes makes them more boring imo compared to modern breed

Yeahhhhh, this is the exact problem I run into with them. PLUS they have such a small amount of festival skins (which anyone can get without spending diamonds or real money), which would be the only thing that could make up for apparel/lack of gene variety. I get that festival skins can only be determined by what users want to make, and Banescales really haven't been around for that many fests, but it really feels like they're stuck. Banescales don't have a lot of variety, they get less popular, so they get LESS opportunity for customization, they get even less popular, and on and on it goes.
1 2 3 4 5