Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Riot of rot this year
1 2 3 4 5 6
2020 is not the time to be telling your irl friends or family you are going to celebrate the end of next month with a plague festival. It’s just a taboo right about now.

Wonder what this means for riot of rot.. maybe we’ll see more less disease or decomposition themes this year and follow the mires example of plague isn’t that bad... (still hoping for a venue in the abiding boneyard over here...)

Edit:
I didn’t know this thread would blow up like this but this was originally meant to be sarcasm. I’m just hoping this year plague gets to take up its more previously taboo themes or survival and adapting and overcoming obstacles.

That and I agree with many of you that plague is usually the flight that gets hated on most despite other real world events never causing any impact on other flights and why should plague be forced to downplay itself even when there was no real world pandemic. I hope maybe this year we’ll see a more interesting plague festival but something tells me RoR will be more censored than ever...
2020 is not the time to be telling your irl friends or family you are going to celebrate the end of next month with a plague festival. It’s just a taboo right about now.

Wonder what this means for riot of rot.. maybe we’ll see more less disease or decomposition themes this year and follow the mires example of plague isn’t that bad... (still hoping for a venue in the abiding boneyard over here...)

Edit:
I didn’t know this thread would blow up like this but this was originally meant to be sarcasm. I’m just hoping this year plague gets to take up its more previously taboo themes or survival and adapting and overcoming obstacles.

That and I agree with many of you that plague is usually the flight that gets hated on most despite other real world events never causing any impact on other flights and why should plague be forced to downplay itself even when there was no real world pandemic. I hope maybe this year we’ll see a more interesting plague festival but something tells me RoR will be more censored than ever...
4xTBSTZ.png
Yeah...the thing about Plague (and most other flights, really) is that it has several different aspects of its character that are often overlooked. Besides the obvious themes of death and disease that most people associate it with, it's also about life and survival, and overcoming hardships and coming out stronger because of them.

Considering the state of the world now, it'd be great to see this Riot of Rot as a celebration meant to keep us hopeful, remind us of what we have accomplished despite the pandemic, and reassure us that this will pass soon. After all, Plague isn't just about death--it's about life.
Yeah...the thing about Plague (and most other flights, really) is that it has several different aspects of its character that are often overlooked. Besides the obvious themes of death and disease that most people associate it with, it's also about life and survival, and overcoming hardships and coming out stronger because of them.

Considering the state of the world now, it'd be great to see this Riot of Rot as a celebration meant to keep us hopeful, remind us of what we have accomplished despite the pandemic, and reassure us that this will pass soon. After all, Plague isn't just about death--it's about life.
qOzJVFB.png

CreativeLogic
They/Them | FR +3
Artist | Student | Dreamer

MODS: I move between two
households with people who play FR

Xg9wt4D.png
idk but my squeamish plague rep prob feels awfully good about herself right about now bc it's her time to shine [emoji=heart size=1] [s]ok but less pus and gore more bones and dead plant stuff pls. just this year. I'm squeamish with or without a pandemic but like. bones and stuff is so cool and I always want more accents like that for ROR[/s]
idk but my squeamish plague rep prob feels awfully good about herself right about now bc it's her time to shine

ok but less pus and gore more bones and dead plant stuff pls. just this year. I'm squeamish with or without a pandemic but like. bones and stuff is so cool and I always want more accents like that for ROR

Zoo | 24 | +3 Hrs
Bio Templates
Fandragons
Uae529o.png
[center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/a5398c15710bb6a272d95eb15da34220/39d6711a471ee563-9b/s2048x3072/02fa9aae35768ab369845b4df1c3f0e526c82586.png[/img][/center] I don't want to see completely unrelated aesthetics/themes of disease or decomposition reduced. That's sort of like saying it'd be taboo to play Plague Inc. right now- I know what I joined Plague for. That being said, I am fearful but hopeful that if anyone [i]is[/i] blatantly disrespectful about current events (I completely despise comparisons between it and the Plaguebringer/Plague flight), it'll be taken care of.
02fa9aae35768ab369845b4df1c3f0e526c82586.png
I don't want to see completely unrelated aesthetics/themes of disease or decomposition reduced. That's sort of like saying it'd be taboo to play Plague Inc. right now- I know what I joined Plague for.

That being said, I am fearful but hopeful that if anyone is blatantly disrespectful about current events (I completely despise comparisons between it and the Plaguebringer/Plague flight), it'll be taken care of.
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
[quote name="CreativeLogic" date="2020-09-30 20:27:43" ] Considering the state of the world now, it'd be great to see this Riot of Rot as a celebration meant to keep us hopeful, remind us of what we have accomplished despite the pandemic, and reassure us that this will pass soon. After all, Plague isn't just about death--it's about life. [/quote] that actually sounds fantastic! i thought the main theme of plague [i]is [/i]survival, same for nature actually, so itd make sense
CreativeLogic wrote on 2020-09-30 20:27:43:
that actually sounds fantastic! i thought the main theme of plague is survival, same for nature actually, so itd make sense
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
We should absolutely celebrate Riot of Rot. The plague flight's a flight same as all the others. Plague deserves all our love.
(and I've heard a lot of med students are in plague too? Like, it being sometimes forum discussion. THEM'S THE GOOD GUYS)
We should absolutely celebrate Riot of Rot. The plague flight's a flight same as all the others. Plague deserves all our love.
(and I've heard a lot of med students are in plague too? Like, it being sometimes forum discussion. THEM'S THE GOOD GUYS)
sh5xjiu.png
mtHAEL4.png
jbMLSIO.png
fdUVIfW.png
y41plqc.png
Wn6vGC1.png
YlKQFV6.png
MQadkUW.png
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gif 9X6Ea51.png
That would be the case if plague was a celebration of death, but it's always been a celebration of life, survival and overcoming impossible odds. It should be the same as it always has been. If anything we need that right now to remind us that we will get through this.
That would be the case if plague was a celebration of death, but it's always been a celebration of life, survival and overcoming impossible odds. It should be the same as it always has been. If anything we need that right now to remind us that we will get through this.
6f240e0b704e02ff9014958a307cf049.jpg
Riot of rot should stay the same. IRL events effecting game events just serve to remind players about the IRL event. It's not like people are making accents of people sneezing on each other, not washing their hands, or stuck huddled next to a computer waiting for their online class to start.

The plague flight gets enough flack for existing already they don't need people associating them with something IRL as well.
Riot of rot should stay the same. IRL events effecting game events just serve to remind players about the IRL event. It's not like people are making accents of people sneezing on each other, not washing their hands, or stuck huddled next to a computer waiting for their online class to start.

The plague flight gets enough flack for existing already they don't need people associating them with something IRL as well.
Plague Flight is about surviving and life. There is no need to throw out Riot of Rot nor any other Flight festivals.
Plague Flight is about surviving and life. There is no need to throw out Riot of Rot nor any other Flight festivals.
Dont throw out RoR... it has nothing to do with corvid 19
I just hope we actually get some red stuff instead of green and brown...

I fear they down play the aesthic though.. I want real plague accents and skins..not some toned down stuff due to unrelated RL stuff. Plauge gets Enough hate as it was.. dont add to it..
Dont throw out RoR... it has nothing to do with corvid 19
I just hope we actually get some red stuff instead of green and brown...

I fear they down play the aesthic though.. I want real plague accents and skins..not some toned down stuff due to unrelated RL stuff. Plauge gets Enough hate as it was.. dont add to it..
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
1 2 3 4 5 6