Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | flight advice???
okay lmao, ive never made my own forum post that wasnt an art shop before even in my whole 6 years of being here, but im in a lil dilemma

Okay so ive been a windy for a looong time (i started in water but moved to wind pretty quick), and for about a year i was also in light before moving back to wind. now i lOVE wind flight with my whole heart, but i guess its not currently for me. i miss light flight a lot too, and i enjoyed the aesthetics and the forums even though ive struggled to be active in both aside from dom.

however, im...genuinely also considering moving to nature. Its not as bright an airy of a banner as the other two (its a kinda big reason why i picked wind/light) but at the same time im interested in somethin different.

im also considering maybe giving water another chance (not that anything drove me out, just that it wasnt my thing at the time).

im just not sure what the..flight culture i guess??? is like in nature and water!!! so if any of yall in nature or water (or light!!! i know what lights like but still lol) wanna tell me what its like in ur flight, im all ears!!!

tldr: wanna change flights. been in wind, been in light, curious about nature and water

whats y'all s attitude to Dominance like?? in flight activities?? forum activity (like how active are yall)??? im curious
okay lmao, ive never made my own forum post that wasnt an art shop before even in my whole 6 years of being here, but im in a lil dilemma

Okay so ive been a windy for a looong time (i started in water but moved to wind pretty quick), and for about a year i was also in light before moving back to wind. now i lOVE wind flight with my whole heart, but i guess its not currently for me. i miss light flight a lot too, and i enjoyed the aesthetics and the forums even though ive struggled to be active in both aside from dom.

however, im...genuinely also considering moving to nature. Its not as bright an airy of a banner as the other two (its a kinda big reason why i picked wind/light) but at the same time im interested in somethin different.

im also considering maybe giving water another chance (not that anything drove me out, just that it wasnt my thing at the time).

im just not sure what the..flight culture i guess??? is like in nature and water!!! so if any of yall in nature or water (or light!!! i know what lights like but still lol) wanna tell me what its like in ur flight, im all ears!!!

tldr: wanna change flights. been in wind, been in light, curious about nature and water

whats y'all s attitude to Dominance like?? in flight activities?? forum activity (like how active are yall)??? im curious
04cw1.gifFBZWJ.gifUphJ6.gifF2y5l.gif4DbEX.gif
Arcane arcane arcane arcane arcane arcane arcane.
Ok here are my reasons (yes I copy pasted this list):
  1. we have the tavern (buying and selling fodder)
  2. we have cheap level 25s
  3. we have a organised event schedule
  4. we have dorming
  5. we have a food bank
  6. a battlestone bank
  7. houses
  8. first galactic bank (fgb)
  9. donate junk
  10. donate dragons
  11. expanding arcane (aka lair expantions)
  12. plenty of guides
  13. level 25 rentals
  14. magic wardrobe (apparel)
  15. mentoring dragons
  16. a wishing well arcane exclusive
  17. a directory
  18. free sig banners
  19. a newspaper
  20. a slack for communication
  21. in-flight subspecies hub
Arcane arcane arcane arcane arcane arcane arcane.
Ok here are my reasons (yes I copy pasted this list):
  1. we have the tavern (buying and selling fodder)
  2. we have cheap level 25s
  3. we have a organised event schedule
  4. we have dorming
  5. we have a food bank
  6. a battlestone bank
  7. houses
  8. first galactic bank (fgb)
  9. donate junk
  10. donate dragons
  11. expanding arcane (aka lair expantions)
  12. plenty of guides
  13. level 25 rentals
  14. magic wardrobe (apparel)
  15. mentoring dragons
  16. a wishing well arcane exclusive
  17. a directory
  18. free sig banners
  19. a newspaper
  20. a slack for communication
  21. in-flight subspecies hub
pro tips:
- if you add a message to a CR then decline it, the person who you're trading with CAN'T see the message - editing a post DOES NOT re-ping any pings in the post. you have to remove the pings, submit, then add them back in.
@CrystalDragon14

I feel like you've added to that list.

@LanternFruit

From your post alone I think nature might be better for you! It still has green, and it's a very nice community (from what I've seen). If you're more comfortable on say,, discord, it seems like it'd be nice.

Also your new dad wouldn't be missing and I hear wind already went through something like that hahah
@CrystalDragon14

I feel like you've added to that list.

@LanternFruit

From your post alone I think nature might be better for you! It still has green, and it's a very nice community (from what I've seen). If you're more comfortable on say,, discord, it seems like it'd be nice.

Also your new dad wouldn't be missing and I hear wind already went through something like that hahah
@CrystalDragon14 ahaha, ive considered arcane in the past!! might make it a goal to change to it after maybe nature and travel around the flights, because tbh Arcane does seem sUPER fun [emoji=spiral laughing size=1][emoji=spiral love size=1] @Zeatehk im thinking youre right honestly - i dont think gladekeeper's gonna bail on us any time soon lmao. ill probably sit on it a while longer but im loving nature more and more :D
@CrystalDragon14 ahaha, ive considered arcane in the past!! might make it a goal to change to it after maybe nature and travel around the flights, because tbh Arcane does seem sUPER fun

@Zeatehk im thinking youre right honestly - i dont think gladekeeper's gonna bail on us any time soon lmao. ill probably sit on it a while longer but im loving nature more and more :D
04cw1.gifFBZWJ.gifUphJ6.gifF2y5l.gif4DbEX.gif
@LanternFruit

aye alright here's a biased take from a nature guy through and through:

in the end, it's up to you.

as much as i'd like to shill how great and amazing our flight is (which it is, of course), it's kind of up to how much you think you'd like it here. We've got a decently active community of folks, and a healthy sibling rivalry with plague.

also we have funni plants
@LanternFruit

aye alright here's a biased take from a nature guy through and through:

in the end, it's up to you.

as much as i'd like to shill how great and amazing our flight is (which it is, of course), it's kind of up to how much you think you'd like it here. We've got a decently active community of folks, and a healthy sibling rivalry with plague.

also we have funni plants
kMxWaq5.png LOL > Formerly BORKBEAN
> FRT +0 | He/Him
> Buying FEST CURRENCY | ACCENTS | WISHLIST
I'm a not-so-recent transfer to Light. However, I still feel like I'm new to the flight since I took a hiatus not long after I left the dark side. I was previously a shadowling and I'm going to be honest, I'm a bit homesick for Shadow. The community over there was amazing with a very active Discord. However, I do like Light's aesthetic. I think the flight"s lore just fits my clan better and the eyes are gorgeous (and go with pretty much any color as well). I just recently joined Light's Discord, so I'm hoping I can make myself as at home as I did in Shadow. The other good thing about Light is that we get further up on the dominance board more often than Shadow thanks to being a slightly smaller flight. Shadowlings have to fight hard for dominance because of the algorithm.

I was in Water when I first started and it was nice, but I didn't get too involved in dominance or the community there, so I can't really tell you a whole lot about it. That was a while ago and I believe the forums were pretty active back then, but I can't say whether they are still that way or not. It was a fun flight to be in from what I remember.
I'm a not-so-recent transfer to Light. However, I still feel like I'm new to the flight since I took a hiatus not long after I left the dark side. I was previously a shadowling and I'm going to be honest, I'm a bit homesick for Shadow. The community over there was amazing with a very active Discord. However, I do like Light's aesthetic. I think the flight"s lore just fits my clan better and the eyes are gorgeous (and go with pretty much any color as well). I just recently joined Light's Discord, so I'm hoping I can make myself as at home as I did in Shadow. The other good thing about Light is that we get further up on the dominance board more often than Shadow thanks to being a slightly smaller flight. Shadowlings have to fight hard for dominance because of the algorithm.

I was in Water when I first started and it was nice, but I didn't get too involved in dominance or the community there, so I can't really tell you a whole lot about it. That was a while ago and I believe the forums were pretty active back then, but I can't say whether they are still that way or not. It was a fun flight to be in from what I remember.
The Empyreal Library