Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Horror lairs that aren't Plague
1 2 3 4 5 6
My favourite genre is horror, but it seems only Plague has been making some. I know it's practically "the horror flight", but I was wondering if other flights have any horror lairs? Or does everyone naturally flock to Plague?
My favourite genre is horror, but it seems only Plague has been making some. I know it's practically "the horror flight", but I was wondering if other flights have any horror lairs? Or does everyone naturally flock to Plague?
779bb9748f1a01bb53ebd79bec9f8670a24bdf61.png art-shop2.pngwagon_dragon.png
I've seen concepts for almost all flights, with Shadow, Light, Water, Earth, and Arcane the most besides Plague.

That being said, I think most people who commit to a horror aesthetic for their lair (as opposed to just having it as an aspect of their lore- I have body horror and cosmic horror in my lore, but I wouldn't say I have a "horror lair") are probably either in Plague or Shadow... Depends how much they like red.
I've seen concepts for almost all flights, with Shadow, Light, Water, Earth, and Arcane the most besides Plague.

That being said, I think most people who commit to a horror aesthetic for their lair (as opposed to just having it as an aspect of their lore- I have body horror and cosmic horror in my lore, but I wouldn't say I have a "horror lair") are probably either in Plague or Shadow... Depends how much they like red.
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
I'm sure there are Ice lairs based around horror, though I can't think of any specific ones. Earth, Nature, and Shadow all seem like good contenders for horror-vibe lairs, and Water as well (though I see less of that). I think most people associate Plague with both horror and body horror, making it overall more spooky.
I'm sure there are Ice lairs based around horror, though I can't think of any specific ones. Earth, Nature, and Shadow all seem like good contenders for horror-vibe lairs, and Water as well (though I see less of that). I think most people associate Plague with both horror and body horror, making it overall more spooky.
Ot3Ahks.jpg
I feel like Shadow and Earth would also have some horror-themed lairs. Shadow's probably obvious, but Earth deals with, quote, "skeletal wyrms", a lesser-known fact of the flight.
I feel like Shadow and Earth would also have some horror-themed lairs. Shadow's probably obvious, but Earth deals with, quote, "skeletal wyrms", a lesser-known fact of the flight.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
Earth has skeletal wyrms lurking in the Cairnstone Rest, and some fellow pebbles have concocted some horror stories for sure!
I believe Shadow lairs also have their fair share of horror, too, though I don't know any specific lairs of either flight to show to you
Earth has skeletal wyrms lurking in the Cairnstone Rest, and some fellow pebbles have concocted some horror stories for sure!
I believe Shadow lairs also have their fair share of horror, too, though I don't know any specific lairs of either flight to show to you
CedVBCC.png
0AniMUO.gif

Good characters are like geodes: To see their true beauty, you must break them.

-Let me write you a poem, maybe?-

q1INfTU.gif
you are all fantastic,
if you see this have a very lovely day
my lore is very in progress, but mine def delves into horror themes (and I'm in earth)
my lore is very in progress, but mine def delves into horror themes (and I'm in earth)
98bf1699ec3a8a9904ee0a7db6e28469c9948a3c.gif
[font=American Gothic][size=4]Lore in progress but I'm [i]very[/i] into horror. My lore takes most inspiration from Gothic and cosmic horror, with an ample side of genre deconstruction, too. Water Flight has a trench that [i]not even our god can understand[/i]. We're horror-filled! [item=Behemoth Lance] EDIT: I usually be talkin' like a pirate this day, but I wanted to clarify this question.
Lore in progress but I'm very into horror. My lore takes most inspiration from Gothic and cosmic horror, with an ample side of genre deconstruction, too.

Water Flight has a trench that not even our god can understand. We're horror-filled!

Behemoth Lance

EDIT: I usually be talkin' like a pirate this day, but I wanted to clarify this question.
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
It probably depends on your brand of horror and personal preferences, but I don't think there's a single element that [i]can't[/i] have a horror lair. If you're sticking close to site lore for it, certain elements would have advantages for different types of horror (Plague might be more body horror (sickness), Arcane and Plague might duke it out for best at body horror (other), Arcane might be best for eldritch horror, Earth's canonical undead might make it best for undead horror or the mining theme might mean cave horror, Water might be best for deepsea creatures and fear of the unexplored, etc etc) but other than that, go wild and be creative! Anything can be horror if you spin it right. [emoji=ridgeback happy size=1]
It probably depends on your brand of horror and personal preferences, but I don't think there's a single element that can't have a horror lair. If you're sticking close to site lore for it, certain elements would have advantages for different types of horror (Plague might be more body horror (sickness), Arcane and Plague might duke it out for best at body horror (other), Arcane might be best for eldritch horror, Earth's canonical undead might make it best for undead horror or the mining theme might mean cave horror, Water might be best for deepsea creatures and fear of the unexplored, etc etc) but other than that, go wild and be creative! Anything can be horror if you spin it right.
Every flight has a 'dark' side and the potential to make some cool horror lore using it, even Light (especially light, with those emperors). Like Water's Leviathan trench, what lurks in it's depths? What dwells in Earth's caverns? Or Ice's prison, who knows what's being kept in there.

Just some examples, but it would be awesome to see what people come up with.
Every flight has a 'dark' side and the potential to make some cool horror lore using it, even Light (especially light, with those emperors). Like Water's Leviathan trench, what lurks in it's depths? What dwells in Earth's caverns? Or Ice's prison, who knows what's being kept in there.

Just some examples, but it would be awesome to see what people come up with.
6f240e0b704e02ff9014958a307cf049.jpg
Oh there for sure has to be, every single flight has an aspect of horror to it- even if some have it moreso than others. I'd totally like to do a horror lair if for some reason I ever had to restart, but I'd very much be either Arcane or Lightning yknow?
Shadow for sure must have some spooky lairs at least. It's....the edgy flight, really. I'd be surprised if no one had like a haunted house lair or something.

That said, if you look hard enough there's probably horror aspects to some people's lairs even if it's not the whole lair! I know mines is the case! It's mostly silly but there's darker elements yknow?
Oh there for sure has to be, every single flight has an aspect of horror to it- even if some have it moreso than others. I'd totally like to do a horror lair if for some reason I ever had to restart, but I'd very much be either Arcane or Lightning yknow?
Shadow for sure must have some spooky lairs at least. It's....the edgy flight, really. I'd be surprised if no one had like a haunted house lair or something.

That said, if you look hard enough there's probably horror aspects to some people's lairs even if it's not the whole lair! I know mines is the case! It's mostly silly but there's darker elements yknow?
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
1 2 3 4 5 6