Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Silhouette Scroll
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I think its a fair paid item. Same along the lines of other “not adding additional artwork/work items” like the Scroll of Eternal Youth. Gems also arent really hard to come by on this game imo.

No comment on the second complaint.
I think its a fair paid item. Same along the lines of other “not adding additional artwork/work items” like the Scroll of Eternal Youth. Gems also arent really hard to come by on this game imo.

No comment on the second complaint.
For the record, I'm not a fool. I know that coding and the artwork takes time. I am well aware of the work that goes into this website, and obviously, I've been here for six years for a reason. I enjoy this website, and I really like what they've done with the new features and overhauling the dragon pages. I think there is great potential from here.

But my opinion, is if it was adding a NEW pose, like laying down, I would be more willing to pay for it. Actually, if it added a completely new pose, I'd be shelling out gems like crazy. But because it's just, essentially, a "skin" for the gender, I'm less inclined. Hell, if there was a gender change scroll, I'd be like "TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY".

( If there is one and I'm just stupid, no one tell me. Just allow me to live in ignorance. )
For the record, I'm not a fool. I know that coding and the artwork takes time. I am well aware of the work that goes into this website, and obviously, I've been here for six years for a reason. I enjoy this website, and I really like what they've done with the new features and overhauling the dragon pages. I think there is great potential from here.

But my opinion, is if it was adding a NEW pose, like laying down, I would be more willing to pay for it. Actually, if it added a completely new pose, I'd be shelling out gems like crazy. But because it's just, essentially, a "skin" for the gender, I'm less inclined. Hell, if there was a gender change scroll, I'd be like "TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY".

( If there is one and I'm just stupid, no one tell me. Just allow me to live in ignorance. )
fqn8lLh.png
They're not claiming it to be a genderswap scroll or anything. Some people literally just like one pose better than another. It's a bit steep, but it's a luxury item. Your dragons could be whatever gender you assigned to them before this.
They're not claiming it to be a genderswap scroll or anything. Some people literally just like one pose better than another. It's a bit steep, but it's a luxury item. Your dragons could be whatever gender you assigned to them before this.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
speaking as a trans person myself i both agree and disagree with parts here, and i have a few arguments that i'm not really sure how to fully link together so bear with me while i try to explain my thont processes:

firstly: the nature of flight rising is such that you usually have to breed your dream or perfect dragons, which means tossing out dragons that don't fit that standard. from what i've seen, a lot of people are looking for a particular pose to go with their specific color combination, and failing that, the dragon gets tossed. this is a good cosmetic item for those who aren't so picky about the marker symbol being there

on the note of the marker symbol, i 100% get where you're coming from with dropdowns and being able to hide the symbol - i would really like to be able to do that too - but i understand why fr staff wouldn't do it. what happens if you decide to sell that dragon? maybe YOU wouldn't, but a lot of other people would (sometimes permas become unpermas over the years, that sort of thing), and since this is a breeding site that assumes dragons are like animals (in a ... very simplified sort of way haha) that gender marker needs to be visible to other buyers and it would be a TON of work to figure out how to make it feasible in the first place

(i would love a client-side "turn off all gender markers for ur own dragons" thing here... but the best we can get is probably just ponifying the symbols away altogether)

where i DO digress with my generally positive feelings about the item is the fact that it costs a whole gosh darn 400 gems like WHAT

IT'S COSMETIC IN A WAY THAT LITERALLY DOES NOT IMPACT THE SITE'S GAMEPLAY??? why does it cost 50 more gems than the BABY SCROLLL???????? that's the thing i'd love to see staff explain ngl

anyway sorry for the text barf i just woke up tldr: i get it, but i also get staff's decisions, but also Why
speaking as a trans person myself i both agree and disagree with parts here, and i have a few arguments that i'm not really sure how to fully link together so bear with me while i try to explain my thont processes:

firstly: the nature of flight rising is such that you usually have to breed your dream or perfect dragons, which means tossing out dragons that don't fit that standard. from what i've seen, a lot of people are looking for a particular pose to go with their specific color combination, and failing that, the dragon gets tossed. this is a good cosmetic item for those who aren't so picky about the marker symbol being there

on the note of the marker symbol, i 100% get where you're coming from with dropdowns and being able to hide the symbol - i would really like to be able to do that too - but i understand why fr staff wouldn't do it. what happens if you decide to sell that dragon? maybe YOU wouldn't, but a lot of other people would (sometimes permas become unpermas over the years, that sort of thing), and since this is a breeding site that assumes dragons are like animals (in a ... very simplified sort of way haha) that gender marker needs to be visible to other buyers and it would be a TON of work to figure out how to make it feasible in the first place

(i would love a client-side "turn off all gender markers for ur own dragons" thing here... but the best we can get is probably just ponifying the symbols away altogether)

where i DO digress with my generally positive feelings about the item is the fact that it costs a whole gosh darn 400 gems like WHAT

IT'S COSMETIC IN A WAY THAT LITERALLY DOES NOT IMPACT THE SITE'S GAMEPLAY??? why does it cost 50 more gems than the BABY SCROLLL???????? that's the thing i'd love to see staff explain ngl

anyway sorry for the text barf i just woke up tldr: i get it, but i also get staff's decisions, but also Why
Coastline-Sawbeak.png 5OZS7SI.png
bYt72YT.png
LRdLP2V.png
JvUa9ma.png
oouioVf.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
11efmKl.png
@SCB

Naja? I never said it WAS a genderswap scroll....? I said that's basically how it feels, but without the added functionality of actually changing the dragon's gender.
@SCB

Naja? I never said it WAS a genderswap scroll....? I said that's basically how it feels, but without the added functionality of actually changing the dragon's gender.
fqn8lLh.png
[quote name="SCB" date="2020-09-15 07:15:36" ] They're not claiming it to be a genderswap scroll or anything. Some people literally just like one pose better than another. It's a bit steep, but it's a luxury item. Your dragons could be whatever gender you assigned to them before this. [/quote] this.
SCB wrote on 2020-09-15 07:15:36:

this.
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
I think my only gripe is the cost, but even then I totally get that decision. It's not a gender swap scroll, it's a pose change. I wont be using it on my trans dragon because I like the male banescale pose better, but I might use it on my cis dragon because I dont like the female spiral pose.
I think my only gripe is the cost, but even then I totally get that decision. It's not a gender swap scroll, it's a pose change. I wont be using it on my trans dragon because I like the male banescale pose better, but I might use it on my cis dragon because I dont like the female spiral pose.
6f240e0b704e02ff9014958a307cf049.jpg
@Sevi

Your word barf is fine uwu

Your TLDR tho; LMAO.

Like I get everyone's points on it, but like. I feel bad that some people are just going to end up shelling out so many gems just to be happy with their dragons and their dragon's apparent gender through the displayed artwork, yknow?
@Sevi

Your word barf is fine uwu

Your TLDR tho; LMAO.

Like I get everyone's points on it, but like. I feel bad that some people are just going to end up shelling out so many gems just to be happy with their dragons and their dragon's apparent gender through the displayed artwork, yknow?
fqn8lLh.png
I feel like you're looking at it as "paying for identity" when the reality is just "paying for a cosmetic." I'm not going to get into details because I don't feel like pissing off people, but your dragon is however you make them. You can say they're trans and that's that. The scroll is easily just a cosmetic for the owner to feel their dragon fits the part better appearance wise.

You also have to consider, as the Devs said, people highly requested this feature either way. The payment aspect is for the work needed to make this happen. I know gender identity is different from genes and all, but it really is no different than genes or specialty items. There's work behind it, so they put a price to increase the chances of actual money coming in to pay for the work put toward it.

It's not a form of saying your Dragon can't be trans unless it has this item. Your dragon can be whatever you make of them. It's more of just a cosmetic function you can pay to have to feel like you've reached a closer goal to what you wanted. Similar to those who wanted eternally youthful dragons.
I feel like you're looking at it as "paying for identity" when the reality is just "paying for a cosmetic." I'm not going to get into details because I don't feel like pissing off people, but your dragon is however you make them. You can say they're trans and that's that. The scroll is easily just a cosmetic for the owner to feel their dragon fits the part better appearance wise.

You also have to consider, as the Devs said, people highly requested this feature either way. The payment aspect is for the work needed to make this happen. I know gender identity is different from genes and all, but it really is no different than genes or specialty items. There's work behind it, so they put a price to increase the chances of actual money coming in to pay for the work put toward it.

It's not a form of saying your Dragon can't be trans unless it has this item. Your dragon can be whatever you make of them. It's more of just a cosmetic function you can pay to have to feel like you've reached a closer goal to what you wanted. Similar to those who wanted eternally youthful dragons.
I like being able to use it for gender purposes but yeah, it's a pose scroll. I just like the option (my avatar dragon is very happy with female pose, and he/him pronouns, so yknow). I don't think it's necessary for there to be visuals to denote any sort of status. Honestly, I'd find that insulting and not reflecting reality. So I think this is perfect.

I can see why this isn't a cheap item though.
1. it's permanently and infinitely toggable (great for a variety of things, haha, if I had a persona dragon, I absolutely would use it to swap styles around! That's not what I use the site for, though)
2. it would remove the desirability of certain breeding outcomes. It opens up possibilities to get dream dragons easier - at a cost. Simple as that.

I don't think this is an official statement regarding trans rights etc., but we all know the site is very accepting of all us folks around, so I am happy even without any shout-outs. MAKING it a gender marker would be restrictive to everyone using it for cosmetic purposes, and restrictive for anyone wanting trans dragons without 'conforming' to any sort of imaginary pose-standard.

I like the blurring of lines and addition of options. This is perfect for me.
I like being able to use it for gender purposes but yeah, it's a pose scroll. I just like the option (my avatar dragon is very happy with female pose, and he/him pronouns, so yknow). I don't think it's necessary for there to be visuals to denote any sort of status. Honestly, I'd find that insulting and not reflecting reality. So I think this is perfect.

I can see why this isn't a cheap item though.
1. it's permanently and infinitely toggable (great for a variety of things, haha, if I had a persona dragon, I absolutely would use it to swap styles around! That's not what I use the site for, though)
2. it would remove the desirability of certain breeding outcomes. It opens up possibilities to get dream dragons easier - at a cost. Simple as that.

I don't think this is an official statement regarding trans rights etc., but we all know the site is very accepting of all us folks around, so I am happy even without any shout-outs. MAKING it a gender marker would be restrictive to everyone using it for cosmetic purposes, and restrictive for anyone wanting trans dragons without 'conforming' to any sort of imaginary pose-standard.

I like the blurring of lines and addition of options. This is perfect for me.
sh5xjiu.png
mtHAEL4.png
jbMLSIO.png
fdUVIfW.png
y41plqc.png
Wn6vGC1.png
YlKQFV6.png
MQadkUW.png
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gif 9X6Ea51.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8