Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What makes you buy a dragon?
1 2 3 4
I only buy unbred g1s so i look for colors such as chocolate, reds(diff shades), eyeburners and gened gen1s thatll fit my massive UMA hoard,then i buy the dragon and gene it unlessits already gened.
My favorite genes are piebald, giraffe, paint, bee, capsule, veined.
I only buy unbred g1s so i look for colors such as chocolate, reds(diff shades), eyeburners and gened gen1s thatll fit my massive UMA hoard,then i buy the dragon and gene it unlessits already gened.
My favorite genes are piebald, giraffe, paint, bee, capsule, veined.
I usually come up with a design for a dragon before buying them. Like I'll have an accent and/or some apparel in mind and I look for a dragon to match them, or I have a character I've designed in mind.

Unless it's an impulse buy. Then, it's all about interesting and appealing colour combinations.
I usually come up with a design for a dragon before buying them. Like I'll have an accent and/or some apparel in mind and I look for a dragon to match them, or I have a character I've designed in mind.

Unless it's an impulse buy. Then, it's all about interesting and appealing colour combinations.
jCVhFoZ.gif
I just like getting dragons for needed roles with special eyes. Also pastel floofy boys.
I just like getting dragons for needed roles with special eyes. Also pastel floofy boys.
e4Povii.png
MUYNhfy.png
eswSnrS.png
tqGkHih.png
bhdEs05.png
OPFWPxg.png
GpIVvm1.png
ZqTATLu.png
rnKnsgE.png
iJZWqi6.png
hey! i'm w1llyn1lly! want to read my about me? it's here ==>yo!
remember to hydrate and take a break every once in a while! oh, and stretch your wrists, wrist pain sucks.
I'm an oldie collector so that already cuts out a good amount of dragons. From there, I try to find ones that are interesting XYZ gene scrys. It's whatever strikes my fancy, though I tend to shy away from pastel colors.
I'm an oldie collector so that already cuts out a good amount of dragons. From there, I try to find ones that are interesting XYZ gene scrys. It's whatever strikes my fancy, though I tend to shy away from pastel colors.
uCR5SCW.png
Sometimes I'll just snag a pretty one at random, but most of the time I only buy a dragon if it fits have a skin/accent I really want to use or I find one similar to one of my scries or character ideas.
Sometimes I'll just snag a pretty one at random, but most of the time I only buy a dragon if it fits have a skin/accent I really want to use or I find one similar to one of my scries or character ideas.
8550aee9e6b0240ca32ebdcfd04fa62ae2e7e644.gif
73a7d53744f1550afcf2d03fe0ec197aeb84e76d.gif1b1f6d94f932296bf41fbe9a2c0ff9d5292c69d8.gif54b04308bbd423d93f4e5fc7fb40a5afee4f256d.gif6c8b9aca5e1946f522f766dc4d5891390b55bf3d.gif
z3FSuck.pngU0bFCPN.pngl8NOdbs.png
FqAY3t1.pnghh5n4WA.pngsbmtjDC.png
g31.png
I usually get a mental image of some particular food or drink when looking at the dragon. I need to be able to envision it to really get attached. Sometimes I impulse buy and come up with an idea later, but it's rare for me to do so.
I usually get a mental image of some particular food or drink when looking at the dragon. I need to be able to envision it to really get attached. Sometimes I impulse buy and come up with an idea later, but it's rare for me to do so.
Buying Food UMAs
If it's pretty, I like
Bright colors or dusty colors get me a lot, same with skydancer
I love sparkly and glittery genes, along with the pinstripe family of genes and the patchwork family of genes hehe
Oh and the bee gene
I love bees :^)
If it's pretty, I like
Bright colors or dusty colors get me a lot, same with skydancer
I love sparkly and glittery genes, along with the pinstripe family of genes and the patchwork family of genes hehe
Oh and the bee gene
I love bees :^)
Untitled94-20220821210211.pngUntitled94-20220821210121.pngUntitled94-20220821210005.png
Ones that really just pop out to me, like dusky deep blues and icy colors etc, other than that?? Impulse. That or breeding projects.
Ones that really just pop out to me, like dusky deep blues and icy colors etc, other than that?? Impulse. That or breeding projects.
a3665186-2e54-4922-869a-430b41931c92.png
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

Trigun Stampede - Dr. Stone
Fleet Foxes - Delicious in Dungeon

I have two techniques for the AH. First, picking a specific range of colors and looking for fandragons that fit a specific theme, and then crying when my weird combo is not for sale. Second, going through the cheapest dragons and oohing over one that's pretty or has fandragon potential.
I have two techniques for the AH. First, picking a specific range of colors and looking for fandragons that fit a specific theme, and then crying when my weird combo is not for sale. Second, going through the cheapest dragons and oohing over one that's pretty or has fandragon potential.
NHCZe8E.gifnMkuik2.gifwO1H58F.gif
Mostly I just impulse buy, though I've been toning that back recently. Practically all of the dragons in my lair are fodder rescue/bought for fodder price, simply because you can find some lovelies in the AH for fodder floor price, my most recent example being my XXY I found.

Sometimes I go looking for certain colours, though not very often, and I try not to buy a dragon unless I can come up with some kind of lore for it there and then, just so I don't flood my lair with 'pretty' dragons.

And occasionally I go hunting for that one specific set of colours for a fan dragon or a breeding pair or something else :)

But generally I just like browsing through the first few pages of the AH to see what pops up
Mostly I just impulse buy, though I've been toning that back recently. Practically all of the dragons in my lair are fodder rescue/bought for fodder price, simply because you can find some lovelies in the AH for fodder floor price, my most recent example being my XXY I found.

Sometimes I go looking for certain colours, though not very often, and I try not to buy a dragon unless I can come up with some kind of lore for it there and then, just so I don't flood my lair with 'pretty' dragons.

And occasionally I go hunting for that one specific set of colours for a fan dragon or a breeding pair or something else :)

But generally I just like browsing through the first few pages of the AH to see what pops up
~ Cey/Ceylar ~
~ She/Her ~
~ They/Them ~
~ FR+8 ~
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ mrRenVJ.png
1 2 3 4