Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What makes you buy a dragon?
1 2 3 4
When you go dragon shopping, what exactly makes you go, "Oh, that one!" ?

For me, it's usually just shopping for pretty things to look at, or unique dragons that I haven't seen many kinds of. I'm also addicted to Wildclaws and Imperials, the former especially, so even if it's not very interesting, I'll rehome a Wildclaw to my lair.

I know a lot of people do it for lore reasons, or because they have a theme, or breeding projects, obviously.

So what about you? What puts a dragon in your home?
When you go dragon shopping, what exactly makes you go, "Oh, that one!" ?

For me, it's usually just shopping for pretty things to look at, or unique dragons that I haven't seen many kinds of. I'm also addicted to Wildclaws and Imperials, the former especially, so even if it's not very interesting, I'll rehome a Wildclaw to my lair.

I know a lot of people do it for lore reasons, or because they have a theme, or breeding projects, obviously.

So what about you? What puts a dragon in your home?
3xgPfeK.png
Usually it starts with me tinkering in the scrying workshop until I come up with something that I must have, so I set up a saved search on the AH either for that exact dragon or parents for a breeding project.

Basically 100% of my dragon browsing/purchasing is done through my saved searches nowadays.

At some point I do just wanna browse the fodder section and get two of the ugliest kids with the widest color ranges I can find so I can have a dedicated fodder pair that's also fun to breed.
Usually it starts with me tinkering in the scrying workshop until I come up with something that I must have, so I set up a saved search on the AH either for that exact dragon or parents for a breeding project.

Basically 100% of my dragon browsing/purchasing is done through my saved searches nowadays.

At some point I do just wanna browse the fodder section and get two of the ugliest kids with the widest color ranges I can find so I can have a dedicated fodder pair that's also fun to breed.
RGfeibN.png
I only buy (non-fodder) dragons that I have a very specific role for - either as part of a breeding pair for a subspecies or gene set I've got ideas for and want to spread across the site, or a gap in my lore that I want to find the right dragon for.

Keepers are usually oldish G1s that I'll scatter and gene myself rather than look for any specific colours or genes; breeding pairs will be non-G1 and are the first to go when I do a lair clear-out.
I only buy (non-fodder) dragons that I have a very specific role for - either as part of a breeding pair for a subspecies or gene set I've got ideas for and want to spread across the site, or a gap in my lore that I want to find the right dragon for.

Keepers are usually oldish G1s that I'll scatter and gene myself rather than look for any specific colours or genes; breeding pairs will be non-G1 and are the first to go when I do a lair clear-out.
5917.pngtumblr_opq1fv62h41u3wsjco7_100.pngtumblr_inline_nsthp2ksAe1s23g03_540.pngVkRusUJ.png8095.png
Their linage, mostly. I collect Naomies (and some Ignis +children of Alert) although it's dialed down lately. (It's Salix's fault)

I collect some g1s. (most specifically Arcane and Wind)
I got AmberHeart specifically because he's my first Snapper and only perma with keel.
Their linage, mostly. I collect Naomies (and some Ignis +children of Alert) although it's dialed down lately. (It's Salix's fault)

I collect some g1s. (most specifically Arcane and Wind)
I got AmberHeart specifically because he's my first Snapper and only perma with keel.
impulse mostly lol. if im looking for something specific it is probably certain colors that i dont have in my lair
also breeding projects
impulse mostly lol. if im looking for something specific it is probably certain colors that i dont have in my lair
also breeding projects
JvT6zxD.png
frt +16
I have saved searches for special cases, but I browse the Auction House at random as well. About any male Imperial dragon that I find adding to my lair is welcome for whatever reason.
I have saved searches for special cases, but I browse the Auction House at random as well. About any male Imperial dragon that I find adding to my lair is welcome for whatever reason.
Found a nice colour combo that matches my flight eyes in scrying workshop or bought a fodder dragon that appealed to me. Then I'm looking for a match or close match to breed the other half of a fodder pair
Found a nice colour combo that matches my flight eyes in scrying workshop or bought a fodder dragon that appealed to me. Then I'm looking for a match or close match to breed the other half of a fodder pair
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
Breeding projects and the perfect gen ones for a fandragon.
Breeding projects and the perfect gen ones for a fandragon.
hisscale_fr_sig_fun_just_top___copy_by_hisscale-dalw0n9.png
Most of the time, I'm either looking for unrelated dragons to expand bloodlines in subspecies, breeding projects, G1s, or on rare occasions, all three.

If I'm looking to add to my lair roster, I'm usually looking for a G1 that strikes my fancy. I'll narrow the search down to what I'm wanting to get, and scry the results that intrigue me. If I see something I love, I'll get it and add it to my ever-growing project list.

As for breeding projects, literally anything that is within the range I'm looking for. Gender and colors are the only things that matter.

Subspecies bloodlines are a little more complicated, often very specific, so I don't often look to G1s. It's always a treat to get one, though, that's a pure G2.
Most of the time, I'm either looking for unrelated dragons to expand bloodlines in subspecies, breeding projects, G1s, or on rare occasions, all three.

If I'm looking to add to my lair roster, I'm usually looking for a G1 that strikes my fancy. I'll narrow the search down to what I'm wanting to get, and scry the results that intrigue me. If I see something I love, I'll get it and add it to my ever-growing project list.

As for breeding projects, literally anything that is within the range I'm looking for. Gender and colors are the only things that matter.

Subspecies bloodlines are a little more complicated, often very specific, so I don't often look to G1s. It's always a treat to get one, though, that's a pure G2.
ZqykQT5.pngmHwnQKP.pngfgbtR64.png
I pick dragons with dark colours.
I pick dragons with dark colours.
Z4EXqHV.png QQYyU47.png
image9.png
1 2 3 4