Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Adventure Mode??
1 2
So, in Aequorins new post, saying the new maintance isn't anything special: [quote name="Aequorin" date="2020-09-11 10:18:31" ] [b]It's not a new breed, it's not Adventure Mode, and it's not the world map update. [/b]Those are still in development. [emoji=new friend size=1] Monday's maintenance will take longer than usual as it's for some critical backend work. During that time we need to "pull the curtains down," so to speak. In the past that's happened when we have a big feature release or update immediately following, but that's not the case here. We want to give you a heads up now, rather than later. [emoji=familiar heart size=1] [/quote] [b]"it's not Adventure Mode[/b], and it's not the world map update. [b]Those are still in development"[/b]. Adventure mode? Are they making one, and I just never heard of it?
So, in Aequorins new post, saying the new maintance isn't anything special:
Aequorin wrote on 2020-09-11 10:18:31:
It's not a new breed, it's not Adventure Mode, and it's not the world map update. Those are still in development.

Monday's maintenance will take longer than usual as it's for some critical backend work. During that time we need to "pull the curtains down," so to speak. In the past that's happened when we have a big feature release or update immediately following, but that's not the case here. We want to give you a heads up now, rather than later.
"it's not Adventure Mode, and it's not the world map update. Those are still in development".

Adventure mode? Are they making one, and I just never heard of it?
RYAN.png
It's one of the features that was advertised at the very beginning of the site, but as something that would take some time to come out. All we know about it is from this post.
Quote:
  • Adventure

Due to the immense size and scale of this feature, it will not be available for launch (or even several months after launch), but we have already begun content creation and have many backend systems in place for our adventure/questing mode. In a content update some time after launch, players will be able to take a party of dragons into a few subregions of the world map, select quests to embark on, and earn treasure/loot for completing them. The player will be able to move their party of dragons around a visual environment, explore, and battle their way through random and scripted encounters. This feature will expand over time, encompassing more and more areas of the Flight Rising realm for players to explore.
It's one of the features that was advertised at the very beginning of the site, but as something that would take some time to come out. All we know about it is from this post.
Quote:
  • Adventure

Due to the immense size and scale of this feature, it will not be available for launch (or even several months after launch), but we have already begun content creation and have many backend systems in place for our adventure/questing mode. In a content update some time after launch, players will be able to take a party of dragons into a few subregions of the world map, select quests to embark on, and earn treasure/loot for completing them. The player will be able to move their party of dragons around a visual environment, explore, and battle their way through random and scripted encounters. This feature will expand over time, encompassing more and more areas of the Flight Rising realm for players to explore.
[quote name="Before" date="2020-09-11 11:31:54" ] It's one of the features that was advertised at the very beginning of the site, but as something that would take some time to come out. All we know about it is from this post. Quote: Adventure Due to the immense size and scale of this feature, it will not be available for launch (or even several months after launch), but we have already begun content creation and have many backend systems in place for our adventure/questing mode. In a content update some time after launch, players will be able to take a party of dragons into a few subregions of the world map, select quests to embark on, and earn treasure/loot for completing them. The player will be able to move their party of dragons around a visual environment, explore, and battle their way through random and scripted encounters. This feature will expand over time, encompassing more and more areas of the Flight Rising realm for players to explore. [/quote] Oh wow! That sounds so cool! I wonder when they will finish Adventure Mode?
Before wrote on 2020-09-11 11:31:54:

Quote:

Adventure

Oh wow! That sounds so cool! I wonder when they will finish Adventure Mode?
RYAN.png
Hard to say, as it's been 7 years now. :' D

Don't quote me on it cause I was on a hiatus for about a year, but I BELIEVE staff said they wanted to focus on the site rewrite before really getting back to it.

At the same time, aeroquin's post makes it sound like it's in the front part of their queue. -thinking emoji-
Hard to say, as it's been 7 years now. :' D

Don't quote me on it cause I was on a hiatus for about a year, but I BELIEVE staff said they wanted to focus on the site rewrite before really getting back to it.

At the same time, aeroquin's post makes it sound like it's in the front part of their queue. -thinking emoji-
jI3vBKu.gif ...........

I think that this will get implemented someday after the World Map update gets dropped. The reason being is within this sentence: "In a content update some time after launch, players will be able to take a party of dragons into a few subregions of the world map..."

But as of other things, I can't wait for this to get implemented! :D
I think that this will get implemented someday after the World Map update gets dropped. The reason being is within this sentence: "In a content update some time after launch, players will be able to take a party of dragons into a few subregions of the world map..."

But as of other things, I can't wait for this to get implemented! :D
A bottle of Dasani (water)
Please drink water.

Step away if things get heated.
As everyone above me has said already, it's basically legend and rumor at this point! I do think @/TheCunningCorvid is correct in saying that staff has put it fully on hold until the site has been moved over to www1 and more stable servers. Whatever it is, there's a lot of speculation and I can't wait to see what it will end up being!
As everyone above me has said already, it's basically legend and rumor at this point! I do think @/TheCunningCorvid is correct in saying that staff has put it fully on hold until the site has been moved over to www1 and more stable servers. Whatever it is, there's a lot of speculation and I can't wait to see what it will end up being!
uCR5SCW.png
[quote name="TheCunningCorvid" date="2020-09-11 11:35:42" ] At the same time, aeroquin's post makes it sound like it's in the front part of their queue. -thinking emoji- [/quote] When we perform this type of maintenance, the top three player hype theories are new breed, world map update, and Adventure Mode. As far as our current development priorities go, we're still refactoring the website (www/www1) and our [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2812270]developer updates[/url][/b] cover what's at the front as well as current projects we're able to talk about or preview. And for[b] the refactor[/b], I'll quote Kaepora from our [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2870531#post_2870531]anniversary update[/url][/b]: [quote name="Kaepora" date="2020-06-08 06:51:22" ] [size=5][b]Site Refactor Update[/b][/size] As we mentioned above, the team has been hard at work over the last few years refactoring [i]Flight Rising's[/i] codebase to run more efficiently. The goals of the refactor are to [b]optimize[/b] and update the site's underlying framework to help [b]future-proof it and allow for further evolution[/b] (either in functionality or style) later down the road. These refactors are not simple ports, but full revamps taking into account [i]your[/i] feedback on ways to make each feature even better! This dragon profile revamp was another huge notch in our progress, and we wanted to update everyone on just where we're at with the continuing conversion. As with everything, please know that our project is fluid, and some of these may increase or decrease in priority based on other development factors. [indent] [indent] [columns] [b]Feature[/b] [color=green][i]Flight Rising Main Page[/i][/color] [color=green][i]Site Status Box[/i][/color] [color=green][i]Player Registration System[/i][/color] [color=green][i]Login System[/i][/color] [color=green][i]Lair / Hibernal Den[/i][/color] [color=green][i]Dragon Profiles[/i][/color] [color=red]Nesting Grounds[/color] [color=red]Gathering[/color] [color=red]Clan Profile[/color] [color=red]Hoard & Vault[/color] [color=green][i]Bestiary[/i][/color] [color=green][i]Message Center[/i][/color] [color=red]Gem Purchases[/color] [color=red]Marketplace[/color] [color=green][i]Auction House[/i][/color] [color=green][i]Trading Post[/i][/color] [color=green][i]Crim's Collection Cart[/i][/color] [color=green][i]Swipp's Swap Stand[/i][/color] [color=green][i]Pinkerton's Plundered Pile[/i][/color] [color=green][i]Baldwin's Bubbling Brew[/i][/color] [color=red]Tomo's Trivia Tablet[/color] [color=green][i]Crossroads[/i][/color] [color=green][i]Custom Skins[/i][/color] [color=red]Festive Favors[/color] [color=green][i]Fairgrounds[/i][/color] [color=green][i]Coliseum[/i][/color] [color=red]Dominance[/color] [color=green][i]Forums[/i][/color] [color=red]World Map[/color] [color=green][i]Search[/i][/color] [color=green][i]Predict Morphology[/i][/color] [color=green][i]Encyclopedia[/i][/color] [color=green][i]Media[/i][/color] [color=red]Achievements[/color] [nextcol] [b]Status[/b] [color=green][i]Refactor Complete![/i][/color] [color=green][i]Refactor Complete![/i][/color] [color=green][i]Refactor Complete![/i][/color] [color=green][i]Refactor Complete![/i][/color] [color=green][i]Refactor Complete![/i][/color] [color=green][i]Refactor Complete![/i][/color] [color=red]Early Development[/color] [color=red]Early Development[/color] [color=red]Early Development[/color] [color=red]Active Development[/color] [color=green][i]Refactor Complete![/i][/color] [color=green][i]Refactor Complete![/i][/color] [color=red]Active Development[/color] [color=red]Active Development[/color] [color=green][i]Refactor Complete![/i][/color] [color=green][i]Refactor Complete![/i][/color] [color=green][i]Refactor Complete![/i][/color] [color=green][i]Refactor Complete![/i][/color] [color=green][i]Refactor Complete![/i][/color] [color=green][i]Refactor Complete![/i][/color] [color=red]Active Development[/color] [color=green][i]Refactor Complete![/i][/color] [color=green][i]Refactor Complete![/i][/color] [color=red]Early Development[/color] [color=green][i]Refactor Complete![/i][/color] [color=green][i]Refactor Complete![/i][/color] [color=red]Early Development[/color] [color=green][i]Refactor Complete![/i][/color] [color=red]Active Development[/color] [color=green][i]Refactor Complete![/i][/color] [color=green][i]Refactor Complete![/i][/color] [color=green][i]Refactor Complete![/i][/color] [color=green][i]Refactor Complete![/i][/color] [color=red]Early Development[/color] [/columns] [/indent] [/indent][/quote] [I](note: The Gem Purchase page was updated earlier this summer.)[/I] [b]tl;dr:[/b] Adventure Mode has not been canceled. Yes it's in development, but it is [i]very early[/i] in development. When we do have information to share with players about it, we'll update you. (@TheCunningCorvid)
TheCunningCorvid wrote on 2020-09-11 11:35:42:

When we perform this type of maintenance, the top three player hype theories are new breed, world map update, and Adventure Mode.

As far as our current development priorities go, we're still refactoring the website (www/www1) and our developer updates cover what's at the front as well as current projects we're able to talk about or preview.

And for the refactor, I'll quote Kaepora from our anniversary update:

Kaepora wrote on 2020-06-08 06:51:22:
Site Refactor Update

As we mentioned above, the team has been hard at work over the last few years refactoring Flight Rising's codebase to run more efficiently. The goals of the refactor are to optimize and update the site's underlying framework to help future-proof it and allow for further evolution (either in functionality or style) later down the road. These refactors are not simple ports, but full revamps taking into account your feedback on ways to make each feature even better!

This dragon profile revamp was another huge notch in our progress, and we wanted to update everyone on just where we're at with the continuing conversion. As with everything, please know that our project is fluid, and some of these may increase or decrease in priority based on other development factors.

Feature

Flight Rising Main Page
Site Status Box
Player Registration System
Login System
Lair / Hibernal Den
Dragon Profiles
Nesting Grounds
Gathering
Clan Profile
Hoard & Vault
Bestiary
Message Center
Gem Purchases
Marketplace
Auction House
Trading Post
Crim's Collection Cart
Swipp's Swap Stand
Pinkerton's Plundered Pile
Baldwin's Bubbling Brew
Tomo's Trivia Tablet
Crossroads
Custom Skins
Festive Favors
Fairgrounds
Coliseum
Dominance
Forums
World Map
Search
Predict Morphology
Encyclopedia
Media
Achievements
Status

Refactor Complete!
Refactor Complete!
Refactor Complete!
Refactor Complete!
Refactor Complete!
Refactor Complete!
Early Development
Early Development
Early Development
Active Development
Refactor Complete!
Refactor Complete!
Active Development
Active Development
Refactor Complete!
Refactor Complete!
Refactor Complete!
Refactor Complete!
Refactor Complete!
Refactor Complete!
Active Development
Refactor Complete!
Refactor Complete!
Early Development
Refactor Complete!
Refactor Complete!
Early Development
Refactor Complete!
Active Development
Refactor Complete!
Refactor Complete!
Refactor Complete!
Refactor Complete!
Early Development
(note: The Gem Purchase page was updated earlier this summer.)

tl;dr: Adventure Mode has not been canceled. Yes it's in development, but it is very early in development. When we do have information to share with players about it, we'll update you.

(@TheCunningCorvid)
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2020-09-11 12:16:21" ] When we perform this type of maintenance, the top three player hype theories are new breed, world map update, and Adventure Mode.[/quote] @Aequorin Ahhhh. My apologies, I (and I guess some others) thought the specific mention was odd, but with context that makes a lot more sense haha. Sorry to have bothered you, but thank you for the clarification!
Aequorin wrote on 2020-09-11 12:16:21:
When we perform this type of maintenance, the top three player hype theories are new breed, world map update, and Adventure Mode.

@Aequorin Ahhhh. My apologies, I (and I guess some others) thought the specific mention was odd, but with context that makes a lot more sense haha. Sorry to have bothered you, but thank you for the clarification!
jI3vBKu.gif ...........

Oh! Awesome! Can't wait to see what Adventure mode will be like in the far future when they do release it!
Never thought i'd see the day when a admin/mod replies to my post! :o
Oh! Awesome! Can't wait to see what Adventure mode will be like in the far future when they do release it!
Never thought i'd see the day when a admin/mod replies to my post! :o
RYAN.png
Oh wow, I must have missed that post somehow, but I'm super excited to see both more behind-the-scenes information on the development of the site and, more importantly to me, a hoard/vault update in the works! It's nice to see that so much of the site is being reworked, even if it'll take a while. Can't wait to see the updates roll out!
Oh wow, I must have missed that post somehow, but I'm super excited to see both more behind-the-scenes information on the development of the site and, more importantly to me, a hoard/vault update in the works! It's nice to see that so much of the site is being reworked, even if it'll take a while. Can't wait to see the updates roll out!
uCR5SCW.png
1 2