Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | About Monday's maintenance
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Now I'm curious as to why they did the backend work yesterday, but the release was for today.
Now I'm curious as to why they did the backend work yesterday, but the release was for today.
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
we are all clowns and aequorin is our benevolent ringmaster.
we are all clowns and aequorin is our benevolent ringmaster.
Waystone5.gif
29562082.png
-
-
-

WAWs3m5.png
9AXhFJA.png
hZipXGO.png
[quote name="EiraoLaska" date="2020-09-15 10:05:52" ] Now I'm curious as to why they did the backend work yesterday, but the release was for today. [/quote] this seems like a feature with a lot of moving parts (like making sure you remove skins, alerting you when listing a dragon, making sure a dragon is valid to have the scroll applied etc) and one that has been asked for for a looooooooooong time. they likely needed to not have it ready to go live in advance for a smooth implementation, but also prepare for the possibility that there may be a heavy load on the servers.
EiraoLaska wrote on 2020-09-15 10:05:52:
this seems like a feature with a lot of moving parts (like making sure you remove skins, alerting you when listing a dragon, making sure a dragon is valid to have the scroll applied etc) and one that has been asked for for a looooooooooong time. they likely needed to not have it ready to go live in advance for a smooth implementation, but also prepare for the possibility that there may be a heavy load on the servers.
Waystone5.gif
29562082.png
-
-
-

WAWs3m5.png
9AXhFJA.png
hZipXGO.png
[quote name="EiraoLaska" date="2020-09-15 10:05:52" ] Now I'm curious as to why they did the backend work yesterday, but the release was for today. [/quote] The nature of yesterday's back-end work in prep for today's release also made it possible for us to get additional critical infrastructure work done in the process. Basically, get it all done at once instead of taking the site down completely at least twice in one week. @EiraoLaska

The nature of yesterday's back-end work in prep for today's release also made it possible for us to get additional critical infrastructure work done in the process. Basically, get it all done at once instead of taking the site down completely at least twice in one week.

@EiraoLaska
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2020-09-15 10:15:29" ] [quote name="EiraoLaska" date="2020-09-15 10:05:52" ] Now I'm curious as to why they did the backend work yesterday, but the release was for today. [/quote] The nature of yesterday's back-end work in prep for today's release also made it possible for us to get additional critical infrastructure work done in the process. Basically, get it all done at once instead of taking the site down completely at least twice in one week. @EiraoLaska [/quote] OMG I got a reply! That makes a lot of sense, thank you!
Aequorin wrote on 2020-09-15 10:15:29:

The nature of yesterday's back-end work in prep for today's release also made it possible for us to get additional critical infrastructure work done in the process. Basically, get it all done at once instead of taking the site down completely at least twice in one week.

@EiraoLaska
OMG I got a reply! That makes a lot of sense, thank you!
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11