Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Colors you absolutely despise
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16
Lapis and Pink

Lapis isn't actually that bad but its yellow accent is often obnoxious because it's so niche and Pink is just an ugly, sickly color (the actual named "Pink" shade in this game, not every shade of pink)

edit: Oh yeah Metals is bad too, same reason as Lapis.
Lapis and Pink

Lapis isn't actually that bad but its yellow accent is often obnoxious because it's so niche and Pink is just an ugly, sickly color (the actual named "Pink" shade in this game, not every shade of pink)

edit: Oh yeah Metals is bad too, same reason as Lapis.

I'll make a nice signature eventually :(
I have a bitter, personal grudge against rust for being the tertiary color on BOTH of my progens. Neither one is anywhere near the red-brown range and it clashes so bad.
I have a bitter, personal grudge against rust for being the tertiary color on BOTH of my progens. Neither one is anywhere near the red-brown range and it clashes so bad.
3P334Mh.gifur1aRQ7.gifXT6s1Yv.gif5hHSdlu.gifNyJQIV5.gif
It seems like a lot of players dislike some of the more "central" colors that get focus; I have a hard time with these "inbetween" types of colors The more toned down boring ones. like coal, stonewash, swamp: theres one for each of the color ranges except for our limited Pink range. (Although bubblegum isn't very exciting so maybe that's the one.) I just like them to be different colors or contrast more even on the regular genes. example of coal on multi-color genes. (mosaic is sort of interesting though) Coal pintstripe, [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=8&bodygene=22&breed=12&element=9&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=122&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=7&auth=082cb26ee26e9ac02a281bc9f0a5d40ad6636bbd&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Coal lionfish [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=8&bodygene=25&breed=12&element=9&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=122&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=7&auth=a4aa7ccab292d06bf18c47e1caceea82a7ad84c2&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Coal Fade[s] (when all ur feathers fall out)[/s] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=8&bodygene=42&breed=12&element=9&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=122&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=7&auth=03d652130977d0ceab1f41de7b5c99685fb5b2a8&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Coal poison [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=8&bodygene=11&breed=12&element=9&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=122&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=7&auth=8843f866c648aeb34ab503ea2e297710434e735a&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Colors like this are just pretty boring, to the point I wonder if players even remember they're on the color wheel.
It seems like a lot of players dislike some of the more "central" colors that get focus;

I have a hard time with these "inbetween" types of colors

The more toned down boring ones. like coal, stonewash, swamp: theres one for each of the color ranges except for our limited Pink range.
(Although bubblegum isn't very exciting so maybe that's the one.)

I just like them to be different colors or contrast more even on the regular genes.

example of coal on multi-color genes. (mosaic is sort of interesting though)

Coal pintstripe,
dragon?age=1&body=8&bodygene=22&breed=12&element=9&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=122&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=7&auth=082cb26ee26e9ac02a281bc9f0a5d40ad6636bbd&dummyext=prev.png
Coal lionfish
dragon?age=1&body=8&bodygene=25&breed=12&element=9&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=122&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=7&auth=a4aa7ccab292d06bf18c47e1caceea82a7ad84c2&dummyext=prev.png
Coal Fade (when all ur feathers fall out)
dragon?age=1&body=8&bodygene=42&breed=12&element=9&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=122&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=7&auth=03d652130977d0ceab1f41de7b5c99685fb5b2a8&dummyext=prev.png
Coal poison
dragon?age=1&body=8&bodygene=11&breed=12&element=9&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=122&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=7&auth=8843f866c648aeb34ab503ea2e297710434e735a&dummyext=prev.png
Colors like this are just pretty boring, to the point I wonder if players even remember they're on the color wheel.
A dragon dressed up as bubbles and fish that has a Bio full of lesser known tips and tricks to Flight Rising
*stares at lair* I dont hate any color. In fact, like how diverse the colors in FR are. FR’s colorwheel is one of the most unique features on the site. I guess colors that do have strange secondary colors like Black, Orca, Metals, Springs, and Violet can be off putting for people but naw I really dig it. I’ll tell you what I do really like that seems to be an unpopular opinion. I like GREEN. Not just Green the color but all the greens (everything from the eye burning Radioactive and Leaf to the dull Swamp and Murk). I particularly like all the colors that have green accents. I LOVE Elrich! My favorite color is Maize because of its green accents. Heck my progen is Maize Iri because of the green accent. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/768][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/8/768_350.png[/img][/url] Thats actually why I’ve stuck around nature flight so long. I like my flight’s green eyes and any colors that look good with it. Other than that? I like all the pinks. Because, well look at my avatar. I love all the blacks and the whites. I like the blues because I like cool colors. I like all the browns because I like earth tone like how I like green tones. I guess that leaves reds? But all the red dragons I have look really good. Ditto with my yellows. Naw man. I like all the colors. I guess this is why my lair doesnt have a theme to it.
*stares at lair* I dont hate any color.
In fact, like how diverse the colors in FR are. FR’s colorwheel is one of the most unique features on the site.

I guess colors that do have strange secondary colors like Black, Orca, Metals, Springs, and Violet can be off putting for people but naw I really dig it.

I’ll tell you what I do really like that seems to be an unpopular opinion. I like GREEN. Not just Green the color but all the greens (everything from the eye burning Radioactive and Leaf to the dull Swamp and Murk). I particularly like all the colors that have green accents. I LOVE Elrich! My favorite color is Maize because of its green accents.

Heck my progen is Maize Iri because of the green accent.

768_350.png

Thats actually why I’ve stuck around nature flight so long. I like my flight’s green eyes and any colors that look good with it.

Other than that? I like all the pinks. Because, well look at my avatar. I love all the blacks and the whites. I like the blues because I like cool colors. I like all the browns because I like earth tone like how I like green tones.

I guess that leaves reds? But all the red dragons I have look really good. Ditto with my yellows.

Naw man. I like all the colors. I guess this is why my lair doesnt have a theme to it.
i will beat oilslick and wine to death.

THOSE BLUE HIGHLIGHTS ON WINE. WHO DID THIS

edit: objectively the worst color on the color wheel is violet. i stand by this
i will beat oilslick and wine to death.

THOSE BLUE HIGHLIGHTS ON WINE. WHO DID THIS

edit: objectively the worst color on the color wheel is violet. i stand by this
kMxWaq5.png LOL > Formerly BORKBEAN
> FRT +0 | He/Him
> Buying FEST CURRENCY | ACCENTS | WISHLIST
Emerald, green, charcoal and indigo.

I don't like charcoal, green and indigo because they're kinda boring, they don't have many accent colours in multi-coloured genes. Emerald is just a bad colour that I keep getting as a tert for gen1s.
Emerald, green, charcoal and indigo.

I don't like charcoal, green and indigo because they're kinda boring, they don't have many accent colours in multi-coloured genes. Emerald is just a bad colour that I keep getting as a tert for gen1s.
LF:
Skin: Euphorbia
flower_fox_signature.png
My least favorite color is Tomato and it's many other people's least favorite as well. [quote name="TheBirdandtheBow" date="2020-08-03 11:10:54" ] I have a bitter, personal grudge against rust for being the tertiary color on BOTH of my progens. Neither one is anywhere near the red-brown range and it clashes so bad. [/quote] @TheBirdandtheBow My progens both have Rust as the tert as well. What are the odds?
My least favorite color is Tomato and it's many other people's least favorite as well.
TheBirdandtheBow wrote on 2020-08-03 11:10:54:

@TheBirdandtheBow My progens both have Rust as the tert as well. What are the odds?
[LF] Female Ice Imp Low 6 digit - 50k gemsbiDj7CC.png
The obnoxious gaudy bright colors.

They're nice for tertiary sometimes but gosh my virgin eyes cannot handle BRIGHT FLASHY SPARKLE dragons
The obnoxious gaudy bright colors.

They're nice for tertiary sometimes but gosh my virgin eyes cannot handle BRIGHT FLASHY SPARKLE dragons
[quote name="OreoMilkshake" date="2020-08-03 14:40:32" ] [quote name="TheBirdandtheBow" date="2020-08-03 11:10:54" ] I have a bitter, personal grudge against rust for being the tertiary color on BOTH of my progens. Neither one is anywhere near the red-brown range and it clashes so bad. [/quote] @TheBirdandtheBow My progens both have Rust as the tert as well. What are the odds? [/quote] @OreoMilkshake Hmm, I think I remember how to do this math actually. So looking up the color wheel before the expansion there are 67 possibilities. Whatever you end up rolling for your first progen's tert, the second having the exact same color is 1/67. For any given user to also roll rust twice, the odds depend on if a progen's tertiary color is rolled from the original color wheel, like the options for the custom, or from the expanded wheel. So then, the odds of your progens having the same tert, [i]and[/i] another user's progens also each having the same color end up being (1/67)^3, or 1/300763 if we're not rolling from the expanded color wheel, and (1/67)*(1/177)^2, or 1/2099043 if we are. So the chances of a pre-expansion user rolling identical terts, and then another user rolling the same tert on their progens is a bit more than one in 300 thousand in the first scenario, and one in a whopping 2 million 99 thousand in the second. Since FR has upwards of 500 thousand accounts registered (based on messing with the lair ID in the url), the dice have been rolled enough times that seeing even something that unlikely happen at some point isn't unthinkable in the first scenario, but is very unlikely in the second. Either way, there probably aren't that many pairs of users who have the same matching tertiary color on both their progenitor dragons. tl;dr this is definitely not a common problem to have, which is kind of amusing[emoji=tundra laughing size=2] edit: double checked the size of the expanded wheel on the wiki.
OreoMilkshake wrote on 2020-08-03 14:40:32:
TheBirdandtheBow wrote on 2020-08-03 11:10:54:

@TheBirdandtheBow My progens both have Rust as the tert as well. What are the odds?
@OreoMilkshake Hmm, I think I remember how to do this math actually. So looking up the color wheel before the expansion there are 67 possibilities. Whatever you end up rolling for your first progen's tert, the second having the exact same color is 1/67.

For any given user to also roll rust twice, the odds depend on if a progen's tertiary color is rolled from the original color wheel, like the options for the custom, or from the expanded wheel.

So then, the odds of your progens having the same tert, and another user's progens also each having the same color end up being (1/67)^3, or 1/300763 if we're not rolling from the expanded color wheel, and (1/67)*(1/177)^2, or 1/2099043 if we are.

So the chances of a pre-expansion user rolling identical terts, and then another user rolling the same tert on their progens is a bit more than one in 300 thousand in the first scenario, and one in a whopping 2 million 99 thousand in the second.

Since FR has upwards of 500 thousand accounts registered (based on messing with the lair ID in the url), the dice have been rolled enough times that seeing even something that unlikely happen at some point isn't unthinkable in the first scenario, but is very unlikely in the second. Either way, there probably aren't that many pairs of users who have the same matching tertiary color on both their progenitor dragons.

tl;dr this is definitely not a common problem to have, which is kind of amusing

edit: double checked the size of the expanded wheel on the wiki.
3P334Mh.gifur1aRQ7.gifXT6s1Yv.gif5hHSdlu.gifNyJQIV5.gif
Greens and oranges. Never use them on dragons and they'd be very gross if I did. Especially together.
Greens and oranges. Never use them on dragons and they'd be very gross if I did. Especially together.
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16