Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Colors you absolutely despise
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
I've always liked color in general, and I work with art, design, and such. But if there's one color that makes me so mad to work with, it's Vermilion.

One of my favorite dragons has it as a primary. I think the red is bright enough and pushes enough into orange for said dragon. But, Vermilion has such a funky accent color ranging from lime green to highlighter yellow-ish that it's making me wish some primary genes would chill out a little lol
I've always liked color in general, and I work with art, design, and such. But if there's one color that makes me so mad to work with, it's Vermilion.

One of my favorite dragons has it as a primary. I think the red is bright enough and pushes enough into orange for said dragon. But, Vermilion has such a funky accent color ranging from lime green to highlighter yellow-ish that it's making me wish some primary genes would chill out a little lol
o3PFvHq.png
I generally don't like orca, radioactive, tarnish, a lot of the blues, sapphire (it makes my eyes hurt...) and ice.
I generally don't like orca, radioactive, tarnish, a lot of the blues, sapphire (it makes my eyes hurt...) and ice.
wCtmyuR.png Avatar Dragon | Molten Lava Subspecies

“Life is like a piano; the white keys represent happiness and the black show sadness. But as you go through life's journey, remember that the black keys also create music.” - Ehssan
RClY3u4.gif GwKdven.png
i can't think of any colors i actually actively hate. i've kind of made a point of findinggood ways to use every singlecolor no matter how much i dislike them and acclimate to them through exposure. the only colors i can think of that i still have any particular dislike for are some of the greyrange colors and like, blue and the darkest greens, and amethyst, a couple of the browns like soil and dirt, cantaloupe a little, rust and tomato. and even in those cases i don't actively hate or even really dislike them colors, i just find them boring because they don't really do anything interesting in any gene and look kind of flat and bland compared to the other nearby colors and they don't really match anything well.
i can't think of any colors i actually actively hate. i've kind of made a point of findinggood ways to use every singlecolor no matter how much i dislike them and acclimate to them through exposure. the only colors i can think of that i still have any particular dislike for are some of the greyrange colors and like, blue and the darkest greens, and amethyst, a couple of the browns like soil and dirt, cantaloupe a little, rust and tomato. and even in those cases i don't actively hate or even really dislike them colors, i just find them boring because they don't really do anything interesting in any gene and look kind of flat and bland compared to the other nearby colors and they don't really match anything well.
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
Violet is irredeemable in my eyes, thanks to that random brown two-tone in it. Radioactive and cyan are too bright for me but sometimes they can work? Can't think of any color I hate tho
Violet is irredeemable in my eyes, thanks to that random brown two-tone in it. Radioactive and cyan are too bright for me but sometimes they can work? Can't think of any color I hate tho
jC0MHtC.png zYK7yAB.gif
Jacob
male pronouns pls

interests:
captain harlock, genshin impact,
zelda, space battleship yamato,
star trek, stargate, mlp, lotr
xx CnNBdW0.png
I don't hate any specific colors, I look at them from the perspective of colors schemes and whether they can work together or not.
I don't hate any specific colors, I look at them from the perspective of colors schemes and whether they can work together or not.
Oracle/tarot readings
Lgbtqia+ podcast recs
I really hate Maize. Maybe its just leftover rage from how it destroyed my random progens original colors, but still. I can't get over the weird, spoiled milk hue its got going on.
I really hate Maize. Maybe its just leftover rage from how it destroyed my random progens original colors, but still. I can't get over the weird, spoiled milk hue its got going on.
red lizard from rain world

» Formerly Ceruleanfire, Springfire
» She/Her
» +2 FR Time || Pings welcome!
I would despise the entire brown range a lot less if it wasn't sitting between the yellow/orange range and the red range. I just want nice fiery colors and then there's DIRT.
I would despise the entire brown range a lot less if it wasn't sitting between the yellow/orange range and the red range. I just want nice fiery colors and then there's DIRT.
8ab3d3b2a13c364db89e13ba399ceced86ab48ef.pngtIYcLSC.png UzGmb10.png m0kyk3D.png Ask about DnD
[quote name="mooncandy" date="2020-07-31 19:20:59" ] oilslick, denim, eldritch, antique, maize, coral, and brick + carmine & cerise as dishonorable mentions if I had one gem for every potential perma I've been turned off from for having one of those colors, I'd have an army of first gen Imps by now. [quote name="Contaminate" date="2020-07-31 18:19:15" ] Thistle Awful secondary colors, doesn’t match a thing, the destroyer of G1s [/quote] ^^^!! [/quote] th is
mooncandy wrote on 2020-07-31 19:20:59:
oilslick, denim, eldritch, antique, maize, coral, and brick + carmine & cerise as dishonorable mentions

if I had one gem for every potential perma I've been turned off from for having one of those colors, I'd have an army of first gen Imps by now.
Contaminate wrote on 2020-07-31 18:19:15:
Thistle

Awful secondary colors, doesn’t match a thing, the destroyer of G1s
^^^!!
th is
earthh5.png
SPRING
and hickory
SPRING
and hickory
66.png
Platinum, peacock, and avocado.

I hate avocados in all forms.

Platinum ruined my random progen and switched from a primary to a secondary with my scatter. Threw the whole dragon away.

Peacock sucks. It can't decide if it's blue or green. Those colours give me a headache.
Platinum, peacock, and avocado.

I hate avocados in all forms.

Platinum ruined my random progen and switched from a primary to a secondary with my scatter. Threw the whole dragon away.

Peacock sucks. It can't decide if it's blue or green. Those colours give me a headache.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16