Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Might take a hiatus, not sure.
1 2
Yeah. Title says all, basically.

I think I need to take a break. It's been nearly six years of near constant activity. There's a lot going on in my life right now and I can't play as much as I used to.

I still enjoy being here, I guess? I still feel the need to buy all the clothing for my dragons, fix up their descriptions and sell all my apparel and stuff. But I guess I've just grown tired and need something new and exciting. Even when I see a new announcement, I don't get that rush of 'oh yeah! new thing!' that I used to.

It's become a habit of mine to check in on this site once every day or so, so I don't know if I'm going to break that habit very easily. I think I'll still pop in and gather all the festival stuff and I'll definitely be active during NotN, of course, but I won't be as active as I used to.

I've been sleeping on this decision for about two months now, and I still feel like I need to stay here, but I get more enjoyment messing with FL Studio, drawing, and working on my comic novel nowadays rather than playing on here.

Maybe it's one of those random 8:00 AM phases and I'll come crawling back tomorrow like some silly junkie, but right now I don't really feel the same about FR.

Y'all's can decide for me, right? I'm really indecisive and generally need more opinions before I do something like this.
Yeah. Title says all, basically.

I think I need to take a break. It's been nearly six years of near constant activity. There's a lot going on in my life right now and I can't play as much as I used to.

I still enjoy being here, I guess? I still feel the need to buy all the clothing for my dragons, fix up their descriptions and sell all my apparel and stuff. But I guess I've just grown tired and need something new and exciting. Even when I see a new announcement, I don't get that rush of 'oh yeah! new thing!' that I used to.

It's become a habit of mine to check in on this site once every day or so, so I don't know if I'm going to break that habit very easily. I think I'll still pop in and gather all the festival stuff and I'll definitely be active during NotN, of course, but I won't be as active as I used to.

I've been sleeping on this decision for about two months now, and I still feel like I need to stay here, but I get more enjoyment messing with FL Studio, drawing, and working on my comic novel nowadays rather than playing on here.

Maybe it's one of those random 8:00 AM phases and I'll come crawling back tomorrow like some silly junkie, but right now I don't really feel the same about FR.

Y'all's can decide for me, right? I'm really indecisive and generally need more opinions before I do something like this.
18345.png
771.png
icon dragon
deviantart
tumblr
reddit
•pixilator804
» ...located on first page
« Art & Writing
« Art & Writing
« Writing
« Placeholder.
1967.png
@Zavyt taking hiatuses are fine and healthy! Especially if you’ve become bored of this place even with new updates, i suggest putting all your dragons in hibden before you leave though if you dont want them to starve!

I think you should take a hiatus if it’s gotten to the point of nothing here giving you joy, it might even be that you’ve fallen out of love for the game (though hopefully not!). Either way though it doesn’t matter much, defs stay around for events and such if you want to! Even just to collect the currency for when you finally return

Whatever you end up doing, i wish you the best of luck!
@Zavyt taking hiatuses are fine and healthy! Especially if you’ve become bored of this place even with new updates, i suggest putting all your dragons in hibden before you leave though if you dont want them to starve!

I think you should take a hiatus if it’s gotten to the point of nothing here giving you joy, it might even be that you’ve fallen out of love for the game (though hopefully not!). Either way though it doesn’t matter much, defs stay around for events and such if you want to! Even just to collect the currency for when you finally return

Whatever you end up doing, i wish you the best of luck!
..……………………...……..….YSCAP90.png
Suffer more :) Tn4TEAZ.png
@Zavyt, we understand real life and other interests can and will take precedence. There's no one "right" way to play Flight Rising. Players can play as casually or hard as they want, and feeling like you want or need to take a break is 100% valid.

If you choose to take a break, your lair and your dragons will remain as-is. We don't close or delete accounts for inactivity, nor do we remove items, dragons, or currency from an inactive account. When you return, your lair and dragons will be as you left them.
@Zavyt, we understand real life and other interests can and will take precedence. There's no one "right" way to play Flight Rising. Players can play as casually or hard as they want, and feeling like you want or need to take a break is 100% valid.

If you choose to take a break, your lair and your dragons will remain as-is. We don't close or delete accounts for inactivity, nor do we remove items, dragons, or currency from an inactive account. When you return, your lair and dragons will be as you left them.
If you're not enjoying it, definitely take a break. Free time is not unlimited and I think it should be spent doing something you're more interested in!
If you're not enjoying it, definitely take a break. Free time is not unlimited and I think it should be spent doing something you're more interested in!
td9UiZS.png
If someone wants to take a break I don't get why they need to post about it. Speaking as someone who has taken multiple breaks.
If someone wants to take a break I don't get why they need to post about it. Speaking as someone who has taken multiple breaks.
[LF] Female Ice Imp Low 6 digit - 50k gemsbiDj7CC.png
just do your dailies and take the time to do the other things you enjoy! heck i don't even bother to coli or feed my dragons anymore. i gots other games to play and the stress of maintaining your account shouldn't weigh on you if you're just not feeling it.
just do your dailies and take the time to do the other things you enjoy! heck i don't even bother to coli or feed my dragons anymore. i gots other games to play and the stress of maintaining your account shouldn't weigh on you if you're just not feeling it.
yzUX307.png
@Zavyt, my husband and I had our son in 2017, so I've taken a few hiatuses myself. If you feel the need to step away or you're overwhelmed, take a break. As Aequorin said, you won't lose anything currently on your account, so there's no worries there.

I wish you the best of luck in your life and art! ^w^
@Zavyt, my husband and I had our son in 2017, so I've taken a few hiatuses myself. If you feel the need to step away or you're overwhelmed, take a break. As Aequorin said, you won't lose anything currently on your account, so there's no worries there.

I wish you the best of luck in your life and art! ^w^

» She/Her | FR + 3
» Nature Dom Team
» Pings encouraged!
» Discord: myrtana.
»'Wishlist'|'AvatarxDragon
- - - - - Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push.
-
-
-
I agree with the others saying to take a break. FR will still be here! I go through highs and lows with every game I play. It can be weeks or months between periods of playing them! In my opinion, games should never be seen as a "requirement". If you feel like doing something else with your free time, enjoy it!
I agree with the others saying to take a break. FR will still be here! I go through highs and lows with every game I play. It can be weeks or months between periods of playing them! In my opinion, games should never be seen as a "requirement". If you feel like doing something else with your free time, enjoy it!
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
I've taken tons of breaks since joining the site. Being able to step away and knowing that it's not an obligation is what keeps things fun for me. Ultimately it's a game, and you're playing it for fun - if you're not having fun, there's no point! It will always be here for you if you wanted to come back.

I'm back after taking a year or two break and my enjoyment of the site has been totally refreshed after getting kind of bored of it. :)
I've taken tons of breaks since joining the site. Being able to step away and knowing that it's not an obligation is what keeps things fun for me. Ultimately it's a game, and you're playing it for fun - if you're not having fun, there's no point! It will always be here for you if you wanted to come back.

I'm back after taking a year or two break and my enjoyment of the site has been totally refreshed after getting kind of bored of it. :)
tumblr_nkeq8oy09d1u87imeo4_250.pngtumblr_nkeq8oy09d1u87imeo3_100.pngtumblr_nkeq8oy09d1u87imeo1_250.png
i'm in the same boat, 6 years of lots of activity, but for a huge chunk in time, my "activity" was just gathering for food and feeding my dragons and that was it

sometimes my interest in FR flares up again and I come back and it's new and exciting

everyone takes breaks differently but I always seen the returners be so much more enthusiastic so it's definitely a good thing
i'm in the same boat, 6 years of lots of activity, but for a huge chunk in time, my "activity" was just gathering for food and feeding my dragons and that was it

sometimes my interest in FR flares up again and I come back and it's new and exciting

everyone takes breaks differently but I always seen the returners be so much more enthusiastic so it's definitely a good thing
sfVMa01.pngMa06BNU.pngBVUXJUX.png
1 2