Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | ranking the flights
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
Shadow: It’s my first flight I joined and current flight. I like the trickery vibe, plus I just love how it’s set up is a shadowy forest. And shadow’s primal is my favorite!
Plague: Almost switched to plague, but decided Arcane last second. I love the red eyes and the deity. I also really love the survival feel of it, Plague good flight.
Fire: I love metalwork, and I love the whole metal forgery idea the flight has.
Arcane: Second flight I joined but changed back to shadow. I love the ‘cosmic magic’ theme it has, and the primal is just amazing. Just there was a lot of pink and that got a little tiresome I guess? Still love the flight though.
Wind: Windsinger’s design is fantastic, plus I love the bamboo waterfall look of the exalt page. I love it’s peaceful free vibe it has.
Lightning: I like how it’s set up in a stormy, dark desert. And I get steampunk vibes from it which is amazing. Plus the eye types are so good.
Light: The flight’s lore is pretty cool, and some of the eye types are great.. just it’s too yellow and bright for my liking.
Ice: The eyes work great with greyscale dragons. Plus I love the cold so the snowy vibe is great!
Water: Tidelord’s design is pretty cool, I love the mysterious theme water has.
Earth: I like the earthy tones, just it’s not my thing. Still a good flight though!
Nature: The Gladekeeper has an amazing design, but same as Earth, it’s not my thing.
Shadow: It’s my first flight I joined and current flight. I like the trickery vibe, plus I just love how it’s set up is a shadowy forest. And shadow’s primal is my favorite!
Plague: Almost switched to plague, but decided Arcane last second. I love the red eyes and the deity. I also really love the survival feel of it, Plague good flight.
Fire: I love metalwork, and I love the whole metal forgery idea the flight has.
Arcane: Second flight I joined but changed back to shadow. I love the ‘cosmic magic’ theme it has, and the primal is just amazing. Just there was a lot of pink and that got a little tiresome I guess? Still love the flight though.
Wind: Windsinger’s design is fantastic, plus I love the bamboo waterfall look of the exalt page. I love it’s peaceful free vibe it has.
Lightning: I like how it’s set up in a stormy, dark desert. And I get steampunk vibes from it which is amazing. Plus the eye types are so good.
Light: The flight’s lore is pretty cool, and some of the eye types are great.. just it’s too yellow and bright for my liking.
Ice: The eyes work great with greyscale dragons. Plus I love the cold so the snowy vibe is great!
Water: Tidelord’s design is pretty cool, I love the mysterious theme water has.
Earth: I like the earthy tones, just it’s not my thing. Still a good flight though!
Nature: The Gladekeeper has an amazing design, but same as Earth, it’s not my thing.
53000751854_682e4ca757_o.png
These are all just my opinions, I've seen amazing stuff done in every Flight. I just don't vibe with some Flights!

Light: my current and og Flight, it's the only one I've been in and I have no intentions to leave. I'm in love with the aesthetic and the scholarly vibes. The eyes are great and versatile, and we have a nice Primal. Also I am just heads-over-heels in love with angelic/heavenly themes, which we have plenty of. Can't get enough of shiny things and glitter.

Arcane: if I HAD to move, I'd probably go here. Not in love with the eyes, but the mad scientist vibes are right up my alley, and I can't get enough of Lovecraftian, eldritch themes.

Lightning: love me some science. Also, one of my favourite eye colour sets!

Ice: the eyes are probably my favourites, I love that really pale blue. It's a little bit basic for my tastes, but the frozen prisons are pretty cool. Not for me but it's still neat.

Plague: love the eyes. I'm a big horror fan and I love how it's focused on survival, not death, and I love the lore possibilities you can get in quarantine zones and the like. Not my vibes, but still neat.

Fire: the eyes are nice. Still a bit boring for me, I can't find a lot of lore possibilities there.

Water: See Fire.

Nature: Like Fire and Nature, a bit too bland for me. I like it as the other side of Plague's coin, but it's really only neat for me from a distance, I wouldn't want to live there.

Wind: I honestly forget it exists a lot. I like the eyes better than Nature's, but it's still a bit too bland for me. I'm picky, I know.

Shadow: oof ouch too edgy for me

Earth: No offense meant to anyone who likes Earth's aesthetic, but to me it just feels so bland and lifeless. Also the general vibes and themes aren't for me at all. What can I say, us in Light are too fond of glittery stuff to appreciate the dust and dirt. Also, the design of the Earthshaker just looks so...smug, I guess? Not how he seems in lore at all, but his design just frustrates me for some reason I can't even articulate.
These are all just my opinions, I've seen amazing stuff done in every Flight. I just don't vibe with some Flights!

Light: my current and og Flight, it's the only one I've been in and I have no intentions to leave. I'm in love with the aesthetic and the scholarly vibes. The eyes are great and versatile, and we have a nice Primal. Also I am just heads-over-heels in love with angelic/heavenly themes, which we have plenty of. Can't get enough of shiny things and glitter.

Arcane: if I HAD to move, I'd probably go here. Not in love with the eyes, but the mad scientist vibes are right up my alley, and I can't get enough of Lovecraftian, eldritch themes.

Lightning: love me some science. Also, one of my favourite eye colour sets!

Ice: the eyes are probably my favourites, I love that really pale blue. It's a little bit basic for my tastes, but the frozen prisons are pretty cool. Not for me but it's still neat.

Plague: love the eyes. I'm a big horror fan and I love how it's focused on survival, not death, and I love the lore possibilities you can get in quarantine zones and the like. Not my vibes, but still neat.

Fire: the eyes are nice. Still a bit boring for me, I can't find a lot of lore possibilities there.

Water: See Fire.

Nature: Like Fire and Nature, a bit too bland for me. I like it as the other side of Plague's coin, but it's really only neat for me from a distance, I wouldn't want to live there.

Wind: I honestly forget it exists a lot. I like the eyes better than Nature's, but it's still a bit too bland for me. I'm picky, I know.

Shadow: oof ouch too edgy for me

Earth: No offense meant to anyone who likes Earth's aesthetic, but to me it just feels so bland and lifeless. Also the general vibes and themes aren't for me at all. What can I say, us in Light are too fond of glittery stuff to appreciate the dust and dirt. Also, the design of the Earthshaker just looks so...smug, I guess? Not how he seems in lore at all, but his design just frustrates me for some reason I can't even articulate.
6ntc1cC.jpg
Lightning: In it for many reasons. Best flight.
Fire: Volcanoes! Would be a vacation flight maybe
Wind: Pretty greens and seem chill
Ice: I can vibe with. I dont breed but great for breeding eyes that fit every dragon
Shadow: Glowing mushrooms! Very cool aesthetic.
Plague: Been there before, good aesthetic too! Awesome community.
Arcane: Not because pink, i like space, cosmic horror stuff but i cant see myself moving there for some reason.
Nature: Only good thing about 'nature' are natural disasters ;p Plants/tree stuff? No thanks.
Light: Sparklesparkle, glitterglitter. Blah
Water: Oh right that exist also
Earth: ...

Lightning: In it for many reasons. Best flight.
Fire: Volcanoes! Would be a vacation flight maybe
Wind: Pretty greens and seem chill
Ice: I can vibe with. I dont breed but great for breeding eyes that fit every dragon
Shadow: Glowing mushrooms! Very cool aesthetic.
Plague: Been there before, good aesthetic too! Awesome community.
Arcane: Not because pink, i like space, cosmic horror stuff but i cant see myself moving there for some reason.
Nature: Only good thing about 'nature' are natural disasters ;p Plants/tree stuff? No thanks.
Light: Sparklesparkle, glitterglitter. Blah
Water: Oh right that exist also
Earth: ...

6WUYXR5.png Etna (FR+9)
She/They
Likes to make sprites
Gen 1 lair
Light (breeding project)
Arcane (love their primal)
Fire (seems fun+breeding projects)
Shadow (aesthetic/og flight)
Ice (easiest eye color+nice primal)
Lightning (science aesthetic)
Earth (rocks and fossils, possible breeding projects)
Water (seems cool)
Wind (seems big, hopefully active forums???)
Nature (seems chill, cute primal)
Plague (current flight, good people, not fond of the primal)
Light (breeding project)
Arcane (love their primal)
Fire (seems fun+breeding projects)
Shadow (aesthetic/og flight)
Ice (easiest eye color+nice primal)
Lightning (science aesthetic)
Earth (rocks and fossils, possible breeding projects)
Water (seems cool)
Wind (seems big, hopefully active forums???)
Nature (seems chill, cute primal)
Plague (current flight, good people, not fond of the primal)
Oracle/tarot readings
Lgbtqia+ podcast recs
[quote name="StaticSeraph" date="2020-07-30 14:43:46" ] plague: valid wind: valid shadow: valid light: valid earth: valid nature: valid fire: valid lightning: valid arcane: valid ice: valid water: valid [/quote] I retract what I said earlier, this is the best response to the question. [emoji=mirror love size=1]
StaticSeraph wrote on 2020-07-30 14:43:46:
plague:
valid
wind:
valid
shadow:
valid
light:
valid
earth:
valid
nature:
valid
fire:
valid
lightning:
valid
arcane:
valid
ice:
valid
water:
valid

I retract what I said earlier, this is the best response to the question.
ZqykQT5.pngmHwnQKP.pngfgbtR64.png
1. Earth, hands down. Joined in 2014 and not intending to go anywhere, it feels like home and I like its calm aesthetic even though I realize that it looks pretty boring to many people.
2. Light. Nice aestetic, lovely eyes, cheerful colors of the background, good at dom - I actually had a vacation there a few years ago and I really liked it (but there's no better place than Dragonhome, sorry)
3. Nature. I love green, forests, plants... And those eggs are the cutest thing in the world! Actually considered to go there when I joined.
4. Wind. Again, nice aesthetic and lovely eye color, and I have a few friends there.
5. Shadow. Not fond of the eyes, especially primal, but the rest looks pretty great, even if a bit too gloomy. The glowy mushrooms are awesome, though.
6. Fire. Honestly, to me it's like the most neutral flight - nothing seems very appealing and eye-catching to me but neither can I say that anything looks bad. Funny that it actually got in the very middle of the rating, didn't plan it :D
7. Ice. It's pretty but I live in a cold country and get fed up with snow irl, thanks XD
8. Arcane. It's... okay? A bit too bright though, so I wouldn't want to stare at it all the time - pink is not my favorite color, even though I don't mind it too much.
9. Lightning. Neither the aesthetic nor the concept of the industrial/steampunk flight itself appeal to me.
10. Water. Not fond of the colors at all, alas, and the corals creep me out for some reason.
11. Plague. Definitely not my cup of tea, sorry.
1. Earth, hands down. Joined in 2014 and not intending to go anywhere, it feels like home and I like its calm aesthetic even though I realize that it looks pretty boring to many people.
2. Light. Nice aestetic, lovely eyes, cheerful colors of the background, good at dom - I actually had a vacation there a few years ago and I really liked it (but there's no better place than Dragonhome, sorry)
3. Nature. I love green, forests, plants... And those eggs are the cutest thing in the world! Actually considered to go there when I joined.
4. Wind. Again, nice aesthetic and lovely eye color, and I have a few friends there.
5. Shadow. Not fond of the eyes, especially primal, but the rest looks pretty great, even if a bit too gloomy. The glowy mushrooms are awesome, though.
6. Fire. Honestly, to me it's like the most neutral flight - nothing seems very appealing and eye-catching to me but neither can I say that anything looks bad. Funny that it actually got in the very middle of the rating, didn't plan it :D
7. Ice. It's pretty but I live in a cold country and get fed up with snow irl, thanks XD
8. Arcane. It's... okay? A bit too bright though, so I wouldn't want to stare at it all the time - pink is not my favorite color, even though I don't mind it too much.
9. Lightning. Neither the aesthetic nor the concept of the industrial/steampunk flight itself appeal to me.
10. Water. Not fond of the colors at all, alas, and the corals creep me out for some reason.
11. Plague. Definitely not my cup of tea, sorry.
Reading these is super fun! Here are my two cents, and I don't mean any offence if I placed your flight low, it's just my opinion :)

Arcane: Currently in it, I like the curiosity and literature aspect, plus all the stars!! Good flight :D
Wind: Always loved how laid-back and breezy it seems to be, plus I've heard artists flock there? In any case, exploring is cool and hip
Nature: I was there for over two years, and like it about as much as Wind. The aspect of being able to overcome and how eventually, nature will take back what it has lost is a really cool concept.
Light: I think Light is really cool in its aesthetic choices, angels and sun-bleached ruins are very pretty. They have really great eyes, also! I personally would probably never aim to stay in Light for a long time, though.
Plague: Plague is one of the most interesting flights in my eyes for many reasons. With the whole one side of the same coin thing with Nature, I've always admired how they will do anything to survive and their primal looks pretty awesome.
Earth: Honestly, Earth, Plague, and Light are basically interchangeable on this list, I think they're all super cool for different reasons. In Earth's case, the sense that they will outlast all others always comes to mind, and I feel that the players who chose earth usually reflect that. Plus, dominance!
Lightning: I will admit, sometimes I misspell Lightning as Lightening and it always makes me annoyed, but that's my bad, I suppose. I don't have anything bad to say about them, and I like their aesthetic, but I've never been very ambitious, so maybe that's why I've never felt called to this flight.
Ice: Ice is cool, but hasn't left a lasting impression on me. Cool(haha, geddit), they're apathetic and like cats!
Fire: Fire and Ice are polar(hahaha I'll stop) opposites, but to me are both pretty meh. I like their passion, but again, not a lasting impression was made on me.
Shadow: I like how Shadow is a flight for tricksters, but I've never been one for tricking, and am usually the gullible soul being tricked. I do really like their primal eyes, though!
Aannnd Water: I have no problem with it but it's never been somewhere I'd consider moving. And why did Tidelord leave? Is he not happy with Water? Makes me curious but also sad.
Reading these is super fun! Here are my two cents, and I don't mean any offence if I placed your flight low, it's just my opinion :)

Arcane: Currently in it, I like the curiosity and literature aspect, plus all the stars!! Good flight :D
Wind: Always loved how laid-back and breezy it seems to be, plus I've heard artists flock there? In any case, exploring is cool and hip
Nature: I was there for over two years, and like it about as much as Wind. The aspect of being able to overcome and how eventually, nature will take back what it has lost is a really cool concept.
Light: I think Light is really cool in its aesthetic choices, angels and sun-bleached ruins are very pretty. They have really great eyes, also! I personally would probably never aim to stay in Light for a long time, though.
Plague: Plague is one of the most interesting flights in my eyes for many reasons. With the whole one side of the same coin thing with Nature, I've always admired how they will do anything to survive and their primal looks pretty awesome.
Earth: Honestly, Earth, Plague, and Light are basically interchangeable on this list, I think they're all super cool for different reasons. In Earth's case, the sense that they will outlast all others always comes to mind, and I feel that the players who chose earth usually reflect that. Plus, dominance!
Lightning: I will admit, sometimes I misspell Lightning as Lightening and it always makes me annoyed, but that's my bad, I suppose. I don't have anything bad to say about them, and I like their aesthetic, but I've never been very ambitious, so maybe that's why I've never felt called to this flight.
Ice: Ice is cool, but hasn't left a lasting impression on me. Cool(haha, geddit), they're apathetic and like cats!
Fire: Fire and Ice are polar(hahaha I'll stop) opposites, but to me are both pretty meh. I like their passion, but again, not a lasting impression was made on me.
Shadow: I like how Shadow is a flight for tricksters, but I've never been one for tricking, and am usually the gullible soul being tricked. I do really like their primal eyes, though!
Aannnd Water: I have no problem with it but it's never been somewhere I'd consider moving. And why did Tidelord leave? Is he not happy with Water? Makes me curious but also sad.
d00165ea3be20b3a332165f1cb02d923a7868fe5.png
Light - Started here and will return
Lightning - Currently vacationing
Fire - Vacationed before
Ice - Vacationed before

Might join in future

Plague
Earth

Never joining

Wind
Shadow
Nature
Water
Arcane
Light - Started here and will return
Lightning - Currently vacationing
Fire - Vacationed before
Ice - Vacationed before

Might join in future

Plague
Earth

Never joining

Wind
Shadow
Nature
Water
Arcane
siggy.png
Arcane: Has felt the most like home <3
Earth: I love the eyes & the community sounds sweet.
Wind: Windsinger & the players ive met from there both are awesome!
Nature: Dark green eyes + naturey. Very calm feelings, but not sure if its for me.
Fire: PYRO
Lightning: Not much to say.
Light: More money than friends from what ive been told. Not for me.
Ice: CAT! But ive been there.
Water: Started there, didnt feel right.
Shadow: Been there.
Plague: Not my style at all.
Arcane: Has felt the most like home <3
Earth: I love the eyes & the community sounds sweet.
Wind: Windsinger & the players ive met from there both are awesome!
Nature: Dark green eyes + naturey. Very calm feelings, but not sure if its for me.
Fire: PYRO
Lightning: Not much to say.
Light: More money than friends from what ive been told. Not for me.
Ice: CAT! But ive been there.
Water: Started there, didnt feel right.
Shadow: Been there.
Plague: Not my style at all.
QFXpYkj.png
So I made a thing based on everyone's responses. Mathematically I knew that the flights would be [i]reasonably[/i] balanced based on how varied people's preferences were. I don't know if this will help people visualize at all, or if anyone is surprised be the results. You have to check out some of these results though. Flights were given a score of 1 to 11 based on how they were ranked. Those with lower totals are the most preferred over all. I really just like looking at data. [img]https://i.postimg.cc/RhNy07xm/Screenshot-8.png[/img] Some things are just interesting to consider. Like the fact that plague's most common ranking(mode) is 11th, but overall it places 5th. Or that Nature's most common ranking is 6th, but overall it places 11th. Or the fact that earths most common ranking is 1st. It just goes to show that people think differently than you'd expect. I have to tell you, when I was putting in the data fire was the least popular flight for a very long time. By quite a bit too, but then things evened out.
So I made a thing based on everyone's responses. Mathematically I knew that the flights would be reasonably balanced based on how varied people's preferences were. I don't know if this will help people visualize at all, or if anyone is surprised be the results. You have to check out some of these results though.

Flights were given a score of 1 to 11 based on how they were ranked. Those with lower totals are the most preferred over all. I really just like looking at data.

Screenshot-8.png

Some things are just interesting to consider. Like the fact that plague's most common ranking(mode) is 11th, but overall it places 5th. Or that Nature's most common ranking is 6th, but overall it places 11th. Or the fact that earths most common ranking is 1st. It just goes to show that people think differently than you'd expect. I have to tell you, when I was putting in the data fire was the least popular flight for a very long time. By quite a bit too, but then things evened out.
Ribbon1.pngRibbon2.pngRibbon3.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13