Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | ranking the flights
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
the only similar thread to this i can find is pretty old so here i am

if you had to rank the flights based on which ones you’re most to least likely to join, what would that look like?

for me it’d be:

plague (moving in august)
wind (i’m... there rn)
shadow (good vibes)
light (also good vibes)
earth (clean slate)
nature (flowers)
fire (my first flight, i love it there but it doesn’t really fit my vibe anymore)
lightning (just generally dislike the vibes, but i could make it work if i had to)
arcane (not a super pink person)
ice (good eyes, bad vibes but maybe i wouldn’t mind it. really depends on my mood. interchangeable with arcane & maybe lightning)
water (Worst Vibes)

buy 10 roundsey tickets everytime i say ‘vibe’ in this post

got nothing against anyone in any of the lower flights, they just don’t quite work with what i’m going for & i couldn’t see myself fitting in there </3

anyway drop ur rankings don’t feel the need to include reasons i’m jus super curious

feel the need to clarify - this isn’t meant to rank the flights based on which ones are better, just the order of which ones you personally would prefer to be in depending on your personal tastes / lore / whatever man. literally no harm intended over here
the only similar thread to this i can find is pretty old so here i am

if you had to rank the flights based on which ones you’re most to least likely to join, what would that look like?

for me it’d be:

plague (moving in august)
wind (i’m... there rn)
shadow (good vibes)
light (also good vibes)
earth (clean slate)
nature (flowers)
fire (my first flight, i love it there but it doesn’t really fit my vibe anymore)
lightning (just generally dislike the vibes, but i could make it work if i had to)
arcane (not a super pink person)
ice (good eyes, bad vibes but maybe i wouldn’t mind it. really depends on my mood. interchangeable with arcane & maybe lightning)
water (Worst Vibes)

buy 10 roundsey tickets everytime i say ‘vibe’ in this post

got nothing against anyone in any of the lower flights, they just don’t quite work with what i’m going for & i couldn’t see myself fitting in there </3

anyway drop ur rankings don’t feel the need to include reasons i’m jus super curious

feel the need to clarify - this isn’t meant to rank the flights based on which ones are better, just the order of which ones you personally would prefer to be in depending on your personal tastes / lore / whatever man. literally no harm intended over here
light (moving soon, my og flight)
wind (might move there some day, who knows)
arcane (am there now)
water (kinda like the blue? no deity)
lightning (i just like the thought of it)
nature (floral which is nice, but not rlly my thing)
earth (basic, reminds me of dust)
shadow (edgy)
ice (dont like the cold, also reminds me of dust)
fire (so so basic)
plague (i cant physically deal with the primal eyes or the nests)
light (moving soon, my og flight)
wind (might move there some day, who knows)
arcane (am there now)
water (kinda like the blue? no deity)
lightning (i just like the thought of it)
nature (floral which is nice, but not rlly my thing)
earth (basic, reminds me of dust)
shadow (edgy)
ice (dont like the cold, also reminds me of dust)
fire (so so basic)
plague (i cant physically deal with the primal eyes or the nests)
currently bored | wlw she/her
0lSM1SJ.png
it's a tie between light wind and nature but if i had to rank
currently in arcane| idk if i want to move lol, we're a welcoming community, also we have a cool deity, though i don't want to associate myself with "i'm in here because i like pink and glittery" because that's not what i joined for
light| cool flight, people seem chill, nice lore possibilities
wind| wind people have such a positive impression on me, they're so friendly and chill, also i like their whole bamboo waterfall nature sky thing theme
nature| nature stuff is cool, also good lore possibilities, i like plants
shadow| the community honestly kind of lurks from my perspective but i like the aesthetic
ice| gaolers go brr
plague| i don't like the aesthetic and i dislike the primal eyes but the flight members seem very nice
earth| not too into the aesthetic but they have a good community and currently do pretty good in dom
fire| not into the aesthetic
it's a tie between light wind and nature but if i had to rank
currently in arcane| idk if i want to move lol, we're a welcoming community, also we have a cool deity, though i don't want to associate myself with "i'm in here because i like pink and glittery" because that's not what i joined for
light| cool flight, people seem chill, nice lore possibilities
wind| wind people have such a positive impression on me, they're so friendly and chill, also i like their whole bamboo waterfall nature sky thing theme
nature| nature stuff is cool, also good lore possibilities, i like plants
shadow| the community honestly kind of lurks from my perspective but i like the aesthetic
ice| gaolers go brr
plague| i don't like the aesthetic and i dislike the primal eyes but the flight members seem very nice
earth| not too into the aesthetic but they have a good community and currently do pretty good in dom
fire| not into the aesthetic
Water: 2nd flight I moved to. I miss it dearly (almost as much as the water flight misses their dad heh). I love water and swimming, and I love the seer aspect.

Wind: I love it there. The aesthetic is lovely, the people are even lovelier. windsinger is my favorite deity. Tied with Water

Ice: Probably moving there next month. I'm drawn to it in a strange way!

Lightning: I like the eyes, I like electricity. I love thunderstorms! Might be where I move to after Ice!

Nature: I'm currently here, but excited to move out. The eyes are nice, I loved my time in nature, but my vibe does not at all match the nature flight.

Shadow: Goop, purple and glowy little night things are fun! I love the environment of the Shadow Flight.

Fire: I like the idea of being in fire, but I don't think my aesthetic would match, but who knows! I find it interesting, and I find it to be a malleable aesthetic.

Earth: I like Earth. The Earthshaker is another of my favorite deities, I recently re-read the lore and it made me like him a lot more. Tied with Fire

Light: I like the eyes, I don't really like the aesthetic? Yellow is my favorite color though, so who knows!

Plague: The primal eyes aren't really my thing. I'm not really into the whole disease thing! But the people in it are really nice!

Arcane: Something about it pushes me away. Maybe it's the shade of pink? I absolutely love the space aesthetic though! The folks in Arcane are super nice!

edit: moved one in the order
edit 2: I felt my answers were kinda bare boned so I put more thought into 'em!

Water: 2nd flight I moved to. I miss it dearly (almost as much as the water flight misses their dad heh). I love water and swimming, and I love the seer aspect.

Wind: I love it there. The aesthetic is lovely, the people are even lovelier. windsinger is my favorite deity. Tied with Water

Ice: Probably moving there next month. I'm drawn to it in a strange way!

Lightning: I like the eyes, I like electricity. I love thunderstorms! Might be where I move to after Ice!

Nature: I'm currently here, but excited to move out. The eyes are nice, I loved my time in nature, but my vibe does not at all match the nature flight.

Shadow: Goop, purple and glowy little night things are fun! I love the environment of the Shadow Flight.

Fire: I like the idea of being in fire, but I don't think my aesthetic would match, but who knows! I find it interesting, and I find it to be a malleable aesthetic.

Earth: I like Earth. The Earthshaker is another of my favorite deities, I recently re-read the lore and it made me like him a lot more. Tied with Fire

Light: I like the eyes, I don't really like the aesthetic? Yellow is my favorite color though, so who knows!

Plague: The primal eyes aren't really my thing. I'm not really into the whole disease thing! But the people in it are really nice!

Arcane: Something about it pushes me away. Maybe it's the shade of pink? I absolutely love the space aesthetic though! The folks in Arcane are super nice!

edit: moved one in the order
edit 2: I felt my answers were kinda bare boned so I put more thought into 'em!

FTuaU7Y.png
Plague: Original flight, I miss it. Please breeding project let me go home already

Lightning: Love the eyes, and the location would probably be really good for my lore if I wasn't so attached to Plague.

Earth: Earthshaker deserves many hugs, and again a very nice location for good lore potential.

Ice: I do love the cold irl, and Ice ares are very nice to look at. Plus tundras and gaolers are very good fluffy dragons.

Wind, Light: Good aesthetics, but not really my thing.

Nature: Here now for a breeding project. Nice aesthetic, peaceful vibes, but after being stuck here for so long I'm not feeling it anymore.

Shadow: Spooky vibes, not for me though.

Water: I like blue eyes. However, large bodies of water and I do not mix.

Arcane: Love the primal, absolutely love it, but not much else about the flight really speaks to me.

Fire: Just not my thing. :( Fire looks lovely though!
Plague: Original flight, I miss it. Please breeding project let me go home already

Lightning: Love the eyes, and the location would probably be really good for my lore if I wasn't so attached to Plague.

Earth: Earthshaker deserves many hugs, and again a very nice location for good lore potential.

Ice: I do love the cold irl, and Ice ares are very nice to look at. Plus tundras and gaolers are very good fluffy dragons.

Wind, Light: Good aesthetics, but not really my thing.

Nature: Here now for a breeding project. Nice aesthetic, peaceful vibes, but after being stuck here for so long I'm not feeling it anymore.

Shadow: Spooky vibes, not for me though.

Water: I like blue eyes. However, large bodies of water and I do not mix.

Arcane: Love the primal, absolutely love it, but not much else about the flight really speaks to me.

Fire: Just not my thing. :( Fire looks lovely though!
Demesne, s before n || Avatar || Dragon Sales || CrimQuest || Coli Grinder

A cropped image of the Hall of Armor Scene. There is a long hall lined with sets of armor modeled after Coatl dragons on the left and Guardian dragons on the right. Sunlight streams in from windows on the left side.
Shadow
My current flight, I just love purple and the aesthetics :P

Ice
Would consider moving here if I wasn’t so attached to my current flight. Great primal eyes tho

Arcane
Spacy stuff is definitely for me (a fan of starcon dergs) and my lair would fit quite well but idk something pushes it away from me

Light
Good neutral eyes, I quite like the ruins and stuff. And of course.. dom

Nature
Good lore potential, though my lair wouldn’t really fit in that well

Fire + Water
Okay, I quite like Fire primal eyes but probably will never move here.

Lightning
Eyes are neat but again cant see myself in there. Aesthetic isn’t much for me ig

Plague
Red is pretty neat and i can see why people like the aesthetic. But it’s not really for me

Wind + Earth
Neat flights but I’m not the biggest fan of the aesthetics. Earth does pretty good in dom tho
Shadow
My current flight, I just love purple and the aesthetics :P

Ice
Would consider moving here if I wasn’t so attached to my current flight. Great primal eyes tho

Arcane
Spacy stuff is definitely for me (a fan of starcon dergs) and my lair would fit quite well but idk something pushes it away from me

Light
Good neutral eyes, I quite like the ruins and stuff. And of course.. dom

Nature
Good lore potential, though my lair wouldn’t really fit in that well

Fire + Water
Okay, I quite like Fire primal eyes but probably will never move here.

Lightning
Eyes are neat but again cant see myself in there. Aesthetic isn’t much for me ig

Plague
Red is pretty neat and i can see why people like the aesthetic. But it’s not really for me

Wind + Earth
Neat flights but I’m not the biggest fan of the aesthetics. Earth does pretty good in dom tho
52970845778_17c037eedd_o.png ... » She/Her
» Wishlist
» FR Time +3
» G1s For Sale
My first pick would be Plague (it seems like a really underrated Flight tbh, too many people dismiss it as edgy or gross)

Lightning (because of Stormdad <3 and the c a n y o n aesthetic)

Ice (basically just for the eyes lol)

Nature (green is my favorite color! and the header banner is gorgeous)

Water (my home flight! really nice people and easy-to-work with aesthetics, you can bond with missing the Tidelord)

Light (white + gold dragons, I could make a whole Pantheon *o*)

Then Shadow or Arcane, both of these Flights feel same-y to me so they'd go either way

Fire (a nice community but a slightly limited aesthetic...)

Wind would be my last choice because it's infested with weebs.

My first pick would be Plague (it seems like a really underrated Flight tbh, too many people dismiss it as edgy or gross)

Lightning (because of Stormdad <3 and the c a n y o n aesthetic)

Ice (basically just for the eyes lol)

Nature (green is my favorite color! and the header banner is gorgeous)

Water (my home flight! really nice people and easy-to-work with aesthetics, you can bond with missing the Tidelord)

Light (white + gold dragons, I could make a whole Pantheon *o*)

Then Shadow or Arcane, both of these Flights feel same-y to me so they'd go either way

Fire (a nice community but a slightly limited aesthetic...)

Wind would be my last choice because it's infested with weebs.

earthh5.png
Lightning The eyes are beautiful. The vibe is mostly nice, and I just love all the work and all that. I don't know if I would have chosen this flight when I first went here if I knew more about it, but I am so glad I did.

Shadow I also love all that dark night theme and it would be cool to be one of the lurky people for a while, I might take a vacation there someday

Wind (Tied with shadow) The people there are so joyful and fun, and I just love the beautiful skydancies :) Same with the vacation thing above, by the way

Plague They're pretty good at dom, and it seems like the place would be good to go to it I wanted something more... out there and, well, plague.

Arcane Even though pink isn't really my thing, the vibe there, with knowledge and all, is so like lightning but so different at the same time. I'm honestly kinda intrigued by it.

Water Also pretty lurky people, I guess. I'm a pretty good swimmer, and I like water. The aesthetic? Not so much, but it's still fine.

Earth It's kind of a chill place, don't like the dust and the earth but the earth people I've met seem nice to be around

Light (Tied with earth) The glitter and philosophy thing isn't really for me, but the eye color is beautiful and they have some of the best apparel

Ice The frigid theme really doesn't vibe with me, and it just seems disconnected from everything, both literally and figuratively

Nature It's just so... nature. I think it just doesn't fit me, and seeing all those plants everywhere would honestly be kinda overwhelming.

Fire (Tied with nature) The theme is like lightning, but the place is just too small and there is just no 'get back to work' slogan, no spreadsheet, and nothing that really makes me want to go there.
Lightning The eyes are beautiful. The vibe is mostly nice, and I just love all the work and all that. I don't know if I would have chosen this flight when I first went here if I knew more about it, but I am so glad I did.

Shadow I also love all that dark night theme and it would be cool to be one of the lurky people for a while, I might take a vacation there someday

Wind (Tied with shadow) The people there are so joyful and fun, and I just love the beautiful skydancies :) Same with the vacation thing above, by the way

Plague They're pretty good at dom, and it seems like the place would be good to go to it I wanted something more... out there and, well, plague.

Arcane Even though pink isn't really my thing, the vibe there, with knowledge and all, is so like lightning but so different at the same time. I'm honestly kinda intrigued by it.

Water Also pretty lurky people, I guess. I'm a pretty good swimmer, and I like water. The aesthetic? Not so much, but it's still fine.

Earth It's kind of a chill place, don't like the dust and the earth but the earth people I've met seem nice to be around

Light (Tied with earth) The glitter and philosophy thing isn't really for me, but the eye color is beautiful and they have some of the best apparel

Ice The frigid theme really doesn't vibe with me, and it just seems disconnected from everything, both literally and figuratively

Nature It's just so... nature. I think it just doesn't fit me, and seeing all those plants everywhere would honestly be kinda overwhelming.

Fire (Tied with nature) The theme is like lightning, but the place is just too small and there is just no 'get back to work' slogan, no spreadsheet, and nothing that really makes me want to go there.
HIqNF92.png
I read every reply and message I get, but it may take some time for me to respond. Feel free to send another one if I haven't responded in over a day!
She/they
Wishlist
FR time +10
Plague
First, current, and only Flight. I really love the lore and aesthetic, and Mirrors are my favorite dragons. Most of, if not all of, my lore is tied to Plague in one way or another. I don't see myself moving.

Earth
I like neutral, earthy colors and I've heard good things about the community. This is my "if I had to choose not-Plague" go-to. I don't know much about the aesthetic or lore, but I'd dive in headfirst if I ever made the jump.

Wind, Water, Fire, Light, Lightning, Ice
These are all tied for third place. Their aesthetics are really nice, and vary by a lot! The lore each Flight has is so good, too, and I've seen players really make their interpretations shine.

Nature
Beautiful aesthetics! The lore is fascinating! Also, sister Flight! If I wanted, I could make my entire lair a re-imagining of my stepfather's home, which would certainly be tempting if I ever moved to Nature. As it is, my lore is too mired in Plague to justify a move to what is essentially an enemy state, and I'm too attached to my lore and dragons to change it.

Arcane
So pretty! So soft! So sharp! I love the crystalline aesthetics, combined with the soft pastels. And the idea of dragons so immersed in their arcane (haha) pursuits they miss the beauty that surrounds them? Essentially and maybe even literally, missing the forest for the trees situation? The lore potential in that is amazing! But my aesthetic lends itself more to wasteland than scholars.

Shadow
Purple is my favorite color! I nearly went to Shadow when I first joined up, but I saw Plague and it was all over. The brambles, the bioluminescent fungi, the perpetual twilight? A dense forest that gives off a vaguely threatening aura? Who wouldn't like that? It only bottoms my charts for personal reasons that have nothing to do with the Flight itself, the lore, or even the majority of the players.
Plague
First, current, and only Flight. I really love the lore and aesthetic, and Mirrors are my favorite dragons. Most of, if not all of, my lore is tied to Plague in one way or another. I don't see myself moving.

Earth
I like neutral, earthy colors and I've heard good things about the community. This is my "if I had to choose not-Plague" go-to. I don't know much about the aesthetic or lore, but I'd dive in headfirst if I ever made the jump.

Wind, Water, Fire, Light, Lightning, Ice
These are all tied for third place. Their aesthetics are really nice, and vary by a lot! The lore each Flight has is so good, too, and I've seen players really make their interpretations shine.

Nature
Beautiful aesthetics! The lore is fascinating! Also, sister Flight! If I wanted, I could make my entire lair a re-imagining of my stepfather's home, which would certainly be tempting if I ever moved to Nature. As it is, my lore is too mired in Plague to justify a move to what is essentially an enemy state, and I'm too attached to my lore and dragons to change it.

Arcane
So pretty! So soft! So sharp! I love the crystalline aesthetics, combined with the soft pastels. And the idea of dragons so immersed in their arcane (haha) pursuits they miss the beauty that surrounds them? Essentially and maybe even literally, missing the forest for the trees situation? The lore potential in that is amazing! But my aesthetic lends itself more to wasteland than scholars.

Shadow
Purple is my favorite color! I nearly went to Shadow when I first joined up, but I saw Plague and it was all over. The brambles, the bioluminescent fungi, the perpetual twilight? A dense forest that gives off a vaguely threatening aura? Who wouldn't like that? It only bottoms my charts for personal reasons that have nothing to do with the Flight itself, the lore, or even the majority of the players.
ZqykQT5.pngmHwnQKP.pngfgbtR64.png
[emoji=light rune size=1] (current) [emoji=fire rune size=1] (next vacation) [emoji=water rune size=1] (next vacation after that) [emoji=shadow rune size=1] (considering vacation) [emoji=ice rune size=1] [emoji=lightning rune size=1] [emoji=plague rune size=1] [emoji=nature rune size=1] [emoji=arcane rune size=1] [emoji=wind rune size=1] [emoji=earth rune size=1]
(current)
(next vacation)
(next vacation after that)
(considering vacation)

yzUX307.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13