Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flight Egg Theories!
1 2
So! We know Wind eggs with their floaty amniotic gas fart when they hatch, but what about other Flights' eggs?

I like to think Light eggs burst open suddenly with a bright ray of light, accompanied by motes of golden-orange glitter. I remember when registration weeks were a thing and new Light members would be "glitter-bombed," it always made me think about that. Light and Lightning eggs can double as flashlights in the night, while Shadow and Fire eggs with their soft glow might be nice ambient lighting in a clan's nursery.

Put your theories below, I'd love to hear them! I might not have good ideas on some of the other Flights as only an Acolight...
So! We know Wind eggs with their floaty amniotic gas fart when they hatch, but what about other Flights' eggs?

I like to think Light eggs burst open suddenly with a bright ray of light, accompanied by motes of golden-orange glitter. I remember when registration weeks were a thing and new Light members would be "glitter-bombed," it always made me think about that. Light and Lightning eggs can double as flashlights in the night, while Shadow and Fire eggs with their soft glow might be nice ambient lighting in a clan's nursery.

Put your theories below, I'd love to hear them! I might not have good ideas on some of the other Flights as only an Acolight...
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif Shanty or Gremlin | FR +2
she/her/they
Anthropology & US History
Germanic Norse pagan | memes
lots of interests: ask!

__
__
__
__
__
> Wishlist
> Lore...
>
>
>
__
__
__
__
__
>
>
>
>
> future stuff?
shale.png
I always got the image that Light eggs burst like lightbulbs. This is mostly because of how the old dead eggs looked. Smoking and shattered. A blinding flash of light followed but a loud pop and the accompanying eggshell shrapnel. The hatchling forms out of the pure burst of light afterwards. I also see this happening with a couple other egg types like Lightning. [img]https://flightrising.com/images/nests/8/0healthy_5dead.png[/img] Not 'dead', but just freshly hatched. I see all hatchlings forming from pure elemental energy when the egg is ready, which is why you don't see them in the ones that are essentially see through.
I always got the image that Light eggs burst like lightbulbs. This is mostly because of how the old dead eggs looked. Smoking and shattered. A blinding flash of light followed but a loud pop and the accompanying eggshell shrapnel. The hatchling forms out of the pure burst of light afterwards.
I also see this happening with a couple other egg types like Lightning.

0healthy_5dead.png
Not 'dead', but just freshly hatched.

I see all hatchlings forming from pure elemental energy when the egg is ready, which is why you don't see them in the ones that are essentially see through.
4QFtgPW.png
Nature eggs slowly peel open as they hatch, then the baby pops out the top of the egg head-first. This causes the leaves to fall off and the layers of the shell to unfurl and fall away.
Plague eggs start off completely translucent, then the baby forms over the span of a week. The eyes and organs are visible within. When they hatch, it bursts open like a pimple while the baby comes out screeching and unfurling its wings like an eldritch creature being summoned from a portal, except it's a tiny hatchling going "mweeeeeeee-"
Ice babies slowly appear in the egg. You can't tell when it's about to hatch until it cracks, after which it will hatch within a day or two. The hatching is spontaneous, with the egg splitting clean open, which takes almost all the babies' strength. They then cuddle with the rest of their clutch to sleep and stay warm.
The glow slowly fades from fire eggs as they cool, and when they go completely dark, they will either hatch or die the next day. Eggs crumble away to reveal the hatchling, regardless of whether or not it lived, and since they barely expend energy hatching, they can search for food and shelter immediately.Bad eggs are either cannibalized by the clutchmates, buried or burned depending on how far gone they are.
Arcane eggs have their round shape as an adaptation to allow the egg to move and roll around without harming the baby inside. There is a second eggshell inside that is surrounded by a bit of fluid that allows the baby to remain upright even while rolling or levitating. The egg appears opaque at first glance, but upon closer inspection, a faint silhouette is visible. The eggs hatch whenever they feel like it, and explode violently when they do. The shrapnel of the eggshell helps its siblings hatch by piercing the first shell while the fluid keeps the second shell, and thus the hatchling, unharmed. The rings are simply there to keep the eggs from crashing into each other while they move, and they move a LOT.
Nature eggs slowly peel open as they hatch, then the baby pops out the top of the egg head-first. This causes the leaves to fall off and the layers of the shell to unfurl and fall away.
Plague eggs start off completely translucent, then the baby forms over the span of a week. The eyes and organs are visible within. When they hatch, it bursts open like a pimple while the baby comes out screeching and unfurling its wings like an eldritch creature being summoned from a portal, except it's a tiny hatchling going "mweeeeeeee-"
Ice babies slowly appear in the egg. You can't tell when it's about to hatch until it cracks, after which it will hatch within a day or two. The hatching is spontaneous, with the egg splitting clean open, which takes almost all the babies' strength. They then cuddle with the rest of their clutch to sleep and stay warm.
The glow slowly fades from fire eggs as they cool, and when they go completely dark, they will either hatch or die the next day. Eggs crumble away to reveal the hatchling, regardless of whether or not it lived, and since they barely expend energy hatching, they can search for food and shelter immediately.Bad eggs are either cannibalized by the clutchmates, buried or burned depending on how far gone they are.
Arcane eggs have their round shape as an adaptation to allow the egg to move and roll around without harming the baby inside. There is a second eggshell inside that is surrounded by a bit of fluid that allows the baby to remain upright even while rolling or levitating. The egg appears opaque at first glance, but upon closer inspection, a faint silhouette is visible. The eggs hatch whenever they feel like it, and explode violently when they do. The shrapnel of the eggshell helps its siblings hatch by piercing the first shell while the fluid keeps the second shell, and thus the hatchling, unharmed. The rings are simply there to keep the eggs from crashing into each other while they move, and they move a LOT.
Who can take tomorrow, dip it in a dream, separate the sorrow and collect up all the cream?

The candyman can 'cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good.

I'm like 90% positive water eggs just dissolve.
Nothing actually hatches, they just start to go transparent and disappear.
And boom. There's a dragon.

One day you can't see the baby, the next day you can see the baby, the next day, there's a baby.
I'm like 90% positive water eggs just dissolve.
Nothing actually hatches, they just start to go transparent and disappear.
And boom. There's a dragon.

One day you can't see the baby, the next day you can see the baby, the next day, there's a baby.
Severitas- - - - - - - - -
E9EO9OH.png
Lightning eggs can be used as power sources, but it’s frowned upon because you’re literally using a baby to power your machines
Lightning eggs can be used as power sources, but it’s frowned upon because you’re literally using a baby to power your machines
Mg9qSuP.gif
You have to crack open a earth egg like a geode
You have to crack open a earth egg like a geode
06xk8gV.png
XrUXyrn.gifse5O2Tt.gifpxx5HPD.gif
Believe me, darling
The stars were made for falling
Arcane eggs float into the air and explode in a burst of magical energy that culminates into a hatchling. Hatching arcane eggs can be rough for both parents (because of the magic explosion) and babies (because they can potentially fall from great heights). Eggs with more magic tend to float higher, but hatchlings born from eggs with greater magic tend to be pretty strong and sturdy, so the fall doesn't hurt them :)
Arcane eggs float into the air and explode in a burst of magical energy that culminates into a hatchling. Hatching arcane eggs can be rough for both parents (because of the magic explosion) and babies (because they can potentially fall from great heights). Eggs with more magic tend to float higher, but hatchlings born from eggs with greater magic tend to be pretty strong and sturdy, so the fall doesn't hurt them :)
Feel free to click and feed my creatures!
2519517.png2534403.png2537496.png2567018.png2634339.png
I always enjoyed the hc that the blue spots on Shadow eggs are glowshrooms.

It's like the eggs start out somewhat plain and grey but are coated with spores from the nearby glowshrooms. As they incubate, the spores grow and gradually turn into the blue glowing spots that cover shadow eggs. At some point they lift off the surface as the glowshroom caps and help the hatchling break down the shell so they are able to hatch.
I always enjoyed the hc that the blue spots on Shadow eggs are glowshrooms.

It's like the eggs start out somewhat plain and grey but are coated with spores from the nearby glowshrooms. As they incubate, the spores grow and gradually turn into the blue glowing spots that cover shadow eggs. At some point they lift off the surface as the glowshroom caps and help the hatchling break down the shell so they are able to hatch.
exl1.pngqAZgY0h.pngLXQ5Ih1.pngwg00sIS.png10FXer7.pngU9lx3R6.pngexl2.pnggEvXGc7.pngStoat-7114-135-0-51-1-140.png
Hex0gCq.png
Bless this thread! [emoji=guardian love size=2]
Bless this thread!
Absolutely loving all of the things I'm getting to read!

@Reilata I forgot the dead eggs were a thing! I wasn't around for them but I've heard of them and seen the old art. I like the idea that they burst like lightbulbs.

@SwankiestGarbage first off, I love your username a;kdjf second, I love a whole bunch of these, especially about the Nature and Arcane eggs!

@Severitas but imagine they dissolve like Alka Seltzer tablets and then the babies are just those grow-a-sponge capsule things inside. Just imagine,,,

@StormDragon21 only the fittest survive the egg battery machine, only the fittest are fit for the desert (kidding) but hey! Never thought about that, but it would make sense for Lightning if native dragons could be used like batteries. But I would agree in saying it's probably very frowned upon.

@StaticSeraph I fully support this hypothesis and I'm going to draw this someday...

@AllasBarron A lot of people like to envision Arcane eggs exploding and I'm always so down with that idea. And that makes sense about the higher-potency eggs floating higher but also containing sturdier hatchlings! I can only imagine Arcane parents have special blast shield and goggles they take to hatching days.

@Exlann I don't know why but for some reason that's a cute theory to me. A sweet symbiotic relationship for hatchling and nature, I love it! I've always loved Shadow's egg design aaaa
Absolutely loving all of the things I'm getting to read!

@Reilata I forgot the dead eggs were a thing! I wasn't around for them but I've heard of them and seen the old art. I like the idea that they burst like lightbulbs.

@SwankiestGarbage first off, I love your username a;kdjf second, I love a whole bunch of these, especially about the Nature and Arcane eggs!

@Severitas but imagine they dissolve like Alka Seltzer tablets and then the babies are just those grow-a-sponge capsule things inside. Just imagine,,,

@StormDragon21 only the fittest survive the egg battery machine, only the fittest are fit for the desert (kidding) but hey! Never thought about that, but it would make sense for Lightning if native dragons could be used like batteries. But I would agree in saying it's probably very frowned upon.

@StaticSeraph I fully support this hypothesis and I'm going to draw this someday...

@AllasBarron A lot of people like to envision Arcane eggs exploding and I'm always so down with that idea. And that makes sense about the higher-potency eggs floating higher but also containing sturdier hatchlings! I can only imagine Arcane parents have special blast shield and goggles they take to hatching days.

@Exlann I don't know why but for some reason that's a cute theory to me. A sweet symbiotic relationship for hatchling and nature, I love it! I've always loved Shadow's egg design aaaa
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif Shanty or Gremlin | FR +2
she/her/they
Anthropology & US History
Germanic Norse pagan | memes
lots of interests: ask!

__
__
__
__
__
> Wishlist
> Lore...