Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | random dergs in locked accounts
I always find it a bit awkward and sad when the random dragon on the homepage is cool so I go to like them or leave a comment on the users page, only to find the account is,,, locked. There's a story here that has been lost to time. Maybe I'm just looking at it through a way too sentimental lens but it always leaves me with a sort of melancholic feeling. Honestly I'm not even sure why the random dragon feature pulls from locked accounts, though I guess it doesn't really hurt anything (other than my feelings, apparently).

Does anyone else get this same sort of sad feeling or am i just... melodramatic?
I always find it a bit awkward and sad when the random dragon on the homepage is cool so I go to like them or leave a comment on the users page, only to find the account is,,, locked. There's a story here that has been lost to time. Maybe I'm just looking at it through a way too sentimental lens but it always leaves me with a sort of melancholic feeling. Honestly I'm not even sure why the random dragon feature pulls from locked accounts, though I guess it doesn't really hurt anything (other than my feelings, apparently).

Does anyone else get this same sort of sad feeling or am i just... melodramatic?
29370123p.png172210p.pnghd_onoff.giftumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo2_75sq.pngtumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo1_75sq.png
c: We don't think of it as sad. We think it's quite nice when an otherwise forgotten dragon is seen for a moment. Even a dragon on an account that hasn't been logged in to for 7 years can still be noticed and appreciated for a second.
c: We don't think of it as sad. We think it's quite nice when an otherwise forgotten dragon is seen for a moment. Even a dragon on an account that hasn't been logged in to for 7 years can still be noticed and appreciated for a second.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
I mostly just feel melancholy after seeing any abandoned lair.. Seeing "hiatus" and a few recent-ish comments gives me hope.
I mostly just feel melancholy after seeing any abandoned lair.. Seeing "hiatus" and a few recent-ish comments gives me hope.
SnailDivider.png
YCOzZhb.gif

Lemon Flight
nudibranch.png
Beating UM with just a Tynamo
ridgeback s o u p
nudibranch.png
fr time + 3
SnailDivider2.png
[quote name="Lonin" date="2020-07-24 13:23:22" ] c: We don't think of it as sad. We think it's quite nice when an otherwise forgotten dragon is seen for a moment. Even a dragon on an account that hasn't been logged in to for 7 years can still be noticed and appreciated for a second. [/quote] [quote name="GardenSnail" date="2020-07-24 13:32:09" ] I mostly just feel melancholy after seeing any abandoned lair.. Seeing "hiatus" and a few recent-ish comments gives me hope. [/quote] Ahh true true, I definitely get a lil sad when I see abandoned lairs- but usually I leave comments and or likes for the reason Lonin mentioned! I hope one day the user can get back on and see that they werent completely forgotten in the void. But I cant do that with locked accounts... Its really impossible to know why an account was locked- and absolutely none of my business, of course- but I just wonder if their user misses them,,,,
Lonin wrote on 2020-07-24 13:23:22:
GardenSnail wrote on 2020-07-24 13:32:09:

Ahh true true, I definitely get a lil sad when I see abandoned lairs- but usually I leave comments and or likes for the reason Lonin mentioned! I hope one day the user can get back on and see that they werent completely forgotten in the void.

But I cant do that with locked accounts... Its really impossible to know why an account was locked- and absolutely none of my business, of course- but I just wonder if their user misses them,,,,
29370123p.png172210p.pnghd_onoff.giftumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo2_75sq.pngtumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo1_75sq.png
do accounts get locked after 7 years of no use?
[quote name="honour" date="2020-07-24 13:49:52" ] do accounts get locked after 7 years of no use? [/quote] Nope. They get locked when somebody acts like a dingus one too many times. Users can also ask for their accounts to be locked if they're going to abandon them. edit: spelling
honour wrote on 2020-07-24 13:49:52:
Nope. They get locked when somebody acts like a dingus one too many times.
Users can also ask for their accounts to be locked if they're going to abandon them.
edit: spelling
Who can take tomorrow, dip it in a dream, separate the sorrow and collect up all the cream?

The candyman can 'cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good.

[quote name="honour" date="2020-07-24 13:49:52" ] do accounts get locked after 7 years of no use? [/quote] Pretty much what SwankiestGarbage said. Just to add to that, if your account isn't locked by staff, you can leave it alone indefinitely and still log back in, even after years and years, as long as you still have your password.
Pretty much what SwankiestGarbage said. Just to add to that, if your account isn't locked by staff, you can leave it alone indefinitely and still log back in, even after years and years, as long as you still have your password.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
Yeah, I know that feeling. It's just so strange to find a beautiful G1 wildclaw with a custom skin... in a locked account. The mystery kills me, like, what happened!?
Yeah, I know that feeling. It's just so strange to find a beautiful G1 wildclaw with a custom skin... in a locked account. The mystery kills me, like, what happened!?
TVFeljP.png About Me
FR+0
In general finding abandoned accounts gives me an eerie vibe!

Some of my dergs have ancestors in dead accounts and its always sad to see, especially if they’re nice dergs. I just hope the person comes back so they can be in use again :(
In general finding abandoned accounts gives me an eerie vibe!

Some of my dergs have ancestors in dead accounts and its always sad to see, especially if they’re nice dergs. I just hope the person comes back so they can be in use again :(
..……………………...……..….YSCAP90.png
Suffer more :) Tn4TEAZ.png
[quote name="SwankiestGarbage" date="2020-07-24 14:00:17" ] [quote name="honour" date="2020-07-24 13:49:52" ] do accounts get locked after 7 years of no use? [/quote] Users can also ask for their accounts to be locked if they're going to abandon them. edit: spelling [/quote] Hello everyone, I hope you had a good weekend! On locked accounts, [b]voluntary/requested closures are not an option[/b] and not performed. Support only locks (or closes) an account when our [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/site/terms-use]Terms of Use[/url][/b] or [b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/201441323]Rules & Policies[/url][/b] have been violated. These occur after a series of warnings and suspensions. [b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005925726#TermsV]If the offense is egregious,[/url][/b] an account may be closed immediately without warning. As always, if you have an feedback or suggestions about our rules, policies, etc, we don't allow them on the forums. Please send them directly to the team through [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/site/contact-us]Contact Us.[/url][/b] Thank you!
SwankiestGarbage wrote on 2020-07-24 14:00:17:

Users can also ask for their accounts to be locked if they're going to abandon them.
edit: spelling

Hello everyone, I hope you had a good weekend!

On locked accounts, voluntary/requested closures are not an option and not performed. Support only locks (or closes) an account when our Terms of Use or Rules & Policies have been violated. These occur after a series of warnings and suspensions. If the offense is egregious, an account may be closed immediately without warning.

As always, if you have an feedback or suggestions about our rules, policies, etc, we don't allow them on the forums. Please send them directly to the team through Contact Us. Thank you!