Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Item Caption Contest 7 [Submissions]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 216 217
[center][size=5][b]Item Caption Contest 7—Submission Thread[/b][/size][/center] [b]Writers[/b], if you've ever wanted your blurb to grace an item tooltip, your time has come! Dust off that keyboard and look upon these poor blurb-less items and consider the possibilities! What's this item's story? The premise of this contest it to take these icons and create a unique caption for their tooltip. The caption must be under 160 characters. If desired, players may rename the item in question along with their caption. Captions can provide facts, short anecdotes, or jokes. [indent][b]Premise: [/b] Write a tooltip for any of the items provided in this contest. [b]Deadline: [/b] Friday July 17, 2020 at 12:00 server time [b]Length: [/b] Less than 160 characters (caption). Less than 30 characters in name if renamed. [b]Prizes: [/b]Winners will be credited in the tooltip of the item, will receive a copy of the item they wrote for, a writer vista applied to their account + 1000 gems [/indent][br] [center][img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/gem_pile.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/fvista/9.png[/img][/center] [br][br] ------ [size=5][b]Items & Format[/b][/size] Please format your entry to include the item icon, item name (you may keep it the same or change it), and item caption. [quote][b]Example Entry:[/b] [item=wildwood owlet] [b]Name:[/b] Wildwood Owlet [b]Caption:[/b][i] This owlet is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiild. Also its caption is under 160 characters. If its caption were larger it would bust out of its tooltip and we would be sad.[/i][/quote] [center][item=selenite][item=ruby][item=sapphire] [item=fanfish][item=currents fanfish][item=killer fanfish] [item=cucumber][item=dubious cucumber][item=merry melon] [item=slumber sheep][item=sheep][item=not a sheep] [item=petite glasswing butterfly][item=glasswing rake][item=shatterwing butterfly] [item=old tin pot][item=crusty copper pot][item=rusted iron pot][/center] [br][br] ------ [size=5][b]Restrictions[/b][/size] [info][LIST] [*]You may submit 1 entry. (total. Pick the item you would like to caption!) [*]Entries must be written by you - you may not submit on behalf of another player. [*]Entries may not call out other player's names. [*]Text submitted to the caption contest must follow the [i]Flight Rising[/i] [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/site/terms-use]Terms of Use[/url][/b] and[url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/201441323] Rules & Policies[/url]. [*]The submissions thread is for [b]submissions only[/b]. Do not post commentary on other entries or ask questions here. [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2885077#post_2885077]Please use the caption contest discussion thread![/url][/b] [/LIST][/info] [br][br][br]
Item Caption Contest 7—Submission Thread

Writers, if you've ever wanted your blurb to grace an item tooltip, your time has come! Dust off that keyboard and look upon these poor blurb-less items and consider the possibilities! What's this item's story?

The premise of this contest it to take these icons and create a unique caption for their tooltip. The caption must be under 160 characters. If desired, players may rename the item in question along with their caption. Captions can provide facts, short anecdotes, or jokes.

Premise: Write a tooltip for any of the items provided in this contest.
Deadline: Friday July 17, 2020 at 12:00 server time
Length: Less than 160 characters (caption). Less than 30 characters in name if renamed.
Prizes: Winners will be credited in the tooltip of the item, will receive a copy of the item they wrote for, a writer vista applied to their account + 1000 gems

gem_pile.png 9.png

Items & Format

Please format your entry to include the item icon, item name (you may keep it the same or change it), and item caption.

Quote:
Example Entry:
Wildwood Owlet
Name: Wildwood Owlet
Caption: This owlet is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiild. Also its caption is under 160 characters. If its caption were larger it would bust out of its tooltip and we would be sad.

Selenite Ruby Sapphire
Fanfish Currents Fanfish Killer Fanfish
Cucumber Dubious Cucumber Merry Melon
Slumber Sheep Sheep Not a Sheep
Petite Glasswing Butterfly Glasswing Rake Shatterwing Butterfly
Old Tin Pot Crusty Copper Pot Rusted Iron Pot

Restrictions
  • You may submit 1 entry. (total. Pick the item you would like to caption!)
  • Entries must be written by you - you may not submit on behalf of another player.
  • Entries may not call out other player's names.
  • Text submitted to the caption contest must follow the Flight Rising Terms of Use and Rules & Policies.
  • The submissions thread is for submissions only. Do not post commentary on other entries or ask questions here. Please use the caption contest discussion thread!

[b]Entry:[/b] [item=Not a Sheep] Name: Not A Sheep Caption: Dragons count these to stay awake.
Entry:
Not a Sheep
Name: Not A Sheep
Caption: Dragons count these to stay awake.
[item=not a sheep] Name: Not a sheep Caption: My, what big teeth you have!
Not a Sheep
Name: Not a sheep
Caption: My, what big teeth you have!
accent shop | wishlist
[item=Not a sheep] Name: Not A Sheep Caption: Actually a wolf in disguise!
Not a Sheep
Name: Not A Sheep
Caption: Actually a wolf in disguise!
tumblr_ojm6i3ESoc1rkt7sro9_r1_500.png
[item=sheep] Name: Sheep Caption: The fluffier of these creatures are often seen rolling down the hills.
Sheep
Name: Sheep
Caption: The fluffier of these creatures are often seen rolling down the hills.
i need to redo my signature
casey/zoru - they/them
fr +3
mp100/spyxfamily/pokemon/loz/ace attorney
[item=glasswing rake] [b]Name[/b]: Glasswing Rake [b]Description[/b]: Despite its name, it can't help you clean up the leaves in your yard.
Glasswing Rake
Name: Glasswing Rake
Description: Despite its name, it can't help you clean up the leaves in your yard.
untitled_by_starfruit_anon-dbeg952.png 0Hfrtrc.pngamika_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr7a.pngkeske_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr46.pngm34-02-book.pngSOH4.pngbPNtqmV.png
vJGwSlb.png
v2PJF9u.png
Tl1dGxE.png
d3OF3Gw.png
mlHpBMC.png

FObX7rS.png
6mVFIuV.png
783743517427367976.png
[item=Slumber Sheep] Name: BaaBaa Sheep Caption: Why does everyone ask if they have any wool? Of course they do! Just look at them!
Slumber Sheep
Name: BaaBaa Sheep
Caption: Why does everyone ask if they have any wool? Of course they do! Just look at them!
O5nA62f.pngDCd1YMi.png
they/them (21)
dragons make my brain go brrrrr
I love writing lore...
... But I never seem to do it XD
[item=crusty copper pot] [b]Name:[/b] Crusty Cooking Pot [b]Caption:[/b] The crust adds a unique flavor that's almost impossible to recreate with a new pot.
Crusty Copper Pot
Name: Crusty Cooking Pot
Caption: The crust adds a unique flavor that's almost impossible to recreate with a new pot.
mmoiFfg.png
[item=old tin pot] Name: Old Tin Pot Caption: Pot, meet... where's the kettle?
Old Tin Pot
Name: Old Tin Pot
Caption: Pot, meet... where's the kettle?
[item=currents fanfish] Name: Currents Fanfish Caption: This fish is a big fan of currants, and gooseberries too.
Currents Fanfish
Name: Currents Fanfish
Caption: This fish is a big fan of currants, and gooseberries too.
bQiQUFQ.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 216 217