Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Update: Dragon Profile Revamp
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 68 69
The team wanted to thank everyone for their patience while we spent some time reading, discussing, and finding solutions for the wealth of feedback we received on the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2870531][b]Dragon Profile Revamp[/b][/url]. We know that as we continue to rehaul older parts of the website, changes we make aren't always going to be popular with everyone, especially on integral pages that sees tons of daily use. That being said, our approach was thus: we wanted to make sure that while we were doing our best to implement community feedback, [b]we balanced that with preserving the things that many people really like about the new design while also staying true to our original design intentions[/b]. We appreciate that everyone has given our team the time and opportunity to do that and not rush the process. Today, we implemented the following modifications to dragon profiles: [size=4][b]Visual Changes[/b][/size] [LIST] [*]The dragon's equipped [b]apparel, skin, and scene have been moved[/b] from the top section of the page to reduce crowding. They can now be found in a new container called "[b]Personal Style[/b]" in the middle section. [LIST] [*]While this area may look a bit empty for now, we are reserving it for development plans in the future. [emoji=spiral winking size=1] [/LIST] [*]All instances of [b]"dotted line" boxes have been remove[/b]d from the feature. We received a lot of feedback that this made it feel too busy and like the profile was forever stuck in an "edit mode", so hopefully reducing that visual element will help alleviate both of those concerns. [*]The dragon's sex (for gameplay purposes) has been removed from the profile page blurb and is now indicated by [b]a symbol below their energy bar[/b], similar to how dragons are represented in the top right corner of their cards in the Lair and Hibernal Den. Thank you for the feedback on that. [*]To further alleviate clutter in the top part of the page, we have also [b]moved the Sell and Exalt buttons[/b] (for dragons you own) into the leftmost column of the top section. To counter-balance the familiar, we've also moved the Like counter to this area. [*]In general, almost all [b]dragon and familiar interaction buttons have been reduced in overall size and, where it makes sense, merged into a button "bar"[/b]. This style seemed to be popular with many of you, and we feel it serves the dual purpose of looking really great as well as helping it feel like there are fewer buttons on the page (another solution for feedback on crowding/busy concerns). [*]It is now possible to use Scenic Mode for dragons [b]regardless of whether they have a Scene assigned[/b]. It behaves the same and simply removes all user interface elements from the top section. [*]The buttons used to [b]move forward or backward between dragons[/b] in the same lair have had their size significantly reduced. [*]As stated above, apparel, skin, and scene icons have been moved to the Personal Style container in the middle section. For dragons that cannot wear apparel, a [b]stylized crest[/b] will display and a tooltip will tell you that the dragon cannot wear apparel. [*]One of our larger changes is with the dragon's physical information. This info can now be found in [b]a tabbed container that houses both Physical Attributes and Battle Stats[/b]. We've broken the physical information out a bit more and used iconography to set them apart from one another. A color swatch now displays indicating the accurate color for each of the dragon's genes. [*]The entire middle section [b]can now be entirely collapsed[/b]. The dragon's Biography will move up into the space. [/LIST] [size=4][b]New Options[/b][/size] [LIST] [*]Several options have been added to the dragon's [b]Customization hub[/b]. [*]You may now designate a "[b]broadcast message[/b]" (similar to the clan profile) to each of your dragons. This broadcast message will overwrite the default text in the profile page blurb just below your dragon's name. These broadcast messages will also display in the dragon's tooltip. [*]It is now possible to entirely [b]hide Like counters[/b] on all dragon profiles. [*]It is now possible to have all dragon profiles [b]default to Scenic Mode[/b] upon page view. You may now also move forward and backward through the dragons in a lair while Scenic Mode is toggled on. [*]It is now possible to have the middle section (dragon details) of the page [b]collapsed by default[/b] on all dragon profiles upon page view. [/LIST] While this may not be the end of changes we make, expect that any further modifications will be slower and more spread out. Especially for the user interface, we feel it's important to give ample time for players to adjust and acclimate. Thank you again for providing the feedback you did and for your patience while we tackled it as a team!
The team wanted to thank everyone for their patience while we spent some time reading, discussing, and finding solutions for the wealth of feedback we received on the Dragon Profile Revamp. We know that as we continue to rehaul older parts of the website, changes we make aren't always going to be popular with everyone, especially on integral pages that sees tons of daily use.

That being said, our approach was thus: we wanted to make sure that while we were doing our best to implement community feedback, we balanced that with preserving the things that many people really like about the new design while also staying true to our original design intentions. We appreciate that everyone has given our team the time and opportunity to do that and not rush the process.

Today, we implemented the following modifications to dragon profiles:

Visual Changes
  • The dragon's equipped apparel, skin, and scene have been moved from the top section of the page to reduce crowding. They can now be found in a new container called "Personal Style" in the middle section.
    • While this area may look a bit empty for now, we are reserving it for development plans in the future.
  • All instances of "dotted line" boxes have been removed from the feature. We received a lot of feedback that this made it feel too busy and like the profile was forever stuck in an "edit mode", so hopefully reducing that visual element will help alleviate both of those concerns.
  • The dragon's sex (for gameplay purposes) has been removed from the profile page blurb and is now indicated by a symbol below their energy bar, similar to how dragons are represented in the top right corner of their cards in the Lair and Hibernal Den. Thank you for the feedback on that.
  • To further alleviate clutter in the top part of the page, we have also moved the Sell and Exalt buttons (for dragons you own) into the leftmost column of the top section. To counter-balance the familiar, we've also moved the Like counter to this area.
  • In general, almost all dragon and familiar interaction buttons have been reduced in overall size and, where it makes sense, merged into a button "bar". This style seemed to be popular with many of you, and we feel it serves the dual purpose of looking really great as well as helping it feel like there are fewer buttons on the page (another solution for feedback on crowding/busy concerns).
  • It is now possible to use Scenic Mode for dragons regardless of whether they have a Scene assigned. It behaves the same and simply removes all user interface elements from the top section.
  • The buttons used to move forward or backward between dragons in the same lair have had their size significantly reduced.
  • As stated above, apparel, skin, and scene icons have been moved to the Personal Style container in the middle section. For dragons that cannot wear apparel, a stylized crest will display and a tooltip will tell you that the dragon cannot wear apparel.
  • One of our larger changes is with the dragon's physical information. This info can now be found in a tabbed container that houses both Physical Attributes and Battle Stats. We've broken the physical information out a bit more and used iconography to set them apart from one another. A color swatch now displays indicating the accurate color for each of the dragon's genes.
  • The entire middle section can now be entirely collapsed. The dragon's Biography will move up into the space.

New Options
  • Several options have been added to the dragon's Customization hub.
  • You may now designate a "broadcast message" (similar to the clan profile) to each of your dragons. This broadcast message will overwrite the default text in the profile page blurb just below your dragon's name. These broadcast messages will also display in the dragon's tooltip.
  • It is now possible to entirely hide Like counters on all dragon profiles.
  • It is now possible to have all dragon profiles default to Scenic Mode upon page view. You may now also move forward and backward through the dragons in a lair while Scenic Mode is toggled on.
  • It is now possible to have the middle section (dragon details) of the page collapsed by default on all dragon profiles upon page view.

While this may not be the end of changes we make, expect that any further modifications will be slower and more spread out. Especially for the user interface, we feel it's important to give ample time for players to adjust and acclimate.

Thank you again for providing the feedback you did and for your patience while we tackled it as a team!
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
I liked the profiles before

I LOVE Them now!

Edited to add; I adore the way the physical area is now laid out. It's so much clearer and easier to see the individual stats!

Although the breed info in the genes on the Ancient breeds is a little bit clunky? Though the gene set up for the Ancients overall (including their breed on the end) is a bit clunky... Couldn't you just include their icon? xD
I liked the profiles before

I LOVE Them now!

Edited to add; I adore the way the physical area is now laid out. It's so much clearer and easier to see the individual stats!

Although the breed info in the genes on the Ancient breeds is a little bit clunky? Though the gene set up for the Ancients overall (including their breed on the end) is a bit clunky... Couldn't you just include their icon? xD
135783.png
92556387.png

Activity | Projects | UMAs
Farming Notes
Pretty Fodder

72964495.png
86867754.png
Really loving the new profiles! So clean and neat.
Really loving the new profiles! So clean and neat.
hRdwFwp.png

she/her
fr +3
hehe

Eh I actually liked the old ones better
The apparel section is so.. small and crammed
And the measurements are a bit... breaking the space

But I like the new collapse feature, the icons, and stuff! It's a good update :D
Eh I actually liked the old ones better
The apparel section is so.. small and crammed
And the measurements are a bit... breaking the space

But I like the new collapse feature, the icons, and stuff! It's a good update :D
Nice
Nice
VttROh1.png
I love the new layout! Thanks devs!

Edit: It looks way less crowded and not having the black outlines really helps. I can see the scenes on my dragons a lot more and I very much appreciate that.
I love the new layout! Thanks devs!

Edit: It looks way less crowded and not having the black outlines really helps. I can see the scenes on my dragons a lot more and I very much appreciate that.
b2d539f53b798f31f5d6939b881cb7385ceea443.png
they look awesome! i love the way the dragons colors and genes are displayed.
they look awesome! i love the way the dragons colors and genes are displayed.
VWPWMZp.png
Cute!
Cute!
GlwyEtH.gif
» She/Her
» Adopts
» F.A.Q.
» Hatching for XXX

» Wishlist
» Helpful Links
» Accents
ooh!
ooh!
Absolutely gorgeous!! Thank you for all your hard work! [emoji=spiral love size=1]
Absolutely gorgeous!! Thank you for all your hard work!
DSfRuAQ.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 68 69