Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why is fuchsia so disliked?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Fuchsia is nice. I like it, but don't go out go my way to get it. And it can clash horribly at times too. Fuchsia swirl especially is so pretty: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=170&bodygene=57&breed=12&element=7&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=99&tertgene=5&winggene=21&wings=147&auth=acafc8d85dd3946ae834513509963336a9e4b39c&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [quote name="Basilbub" date="2020-06-20 02:21:45" ] My greatest shame is my dislike for sapphire tbh, I usually love eyeburners but xyz’s are my life and it’s soooo hard to match [/quote] [quote name="Altassar" date="2020-06-20 07:57:02" ] My eyes actually hurt by just look at some shade of color like sapphire , fuschia , magenta , cyan and radioactive. [/quote] [quote name="mothscale" date="2020-06-20 08:51:04" ] The only color that has ever registered as an actual eyeburner to me has been Sapphire*, though Ultramarine comes close when basic. [/quote] I knew this guy was bright, what with his cyan, but I didn't realize he'd be considered an eyeburner. Huh. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/49790201][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/497903/49790201_350.png[/img][/url]
Fuchsia is nice. I like it, but don't go out go my way to get it. And it can clash horribly at times too.

Fuchsia swirl especially is so pretty:
dragon?age=1&body=170&bodygene=57&breed=12&element=7&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=99&tertgene=5&winggene=21&wings=147&auth=acafc8d85dd3946ae834513509963336a9e4b39c&dummyext=prev.png
Basilbub wrote on 2020-06-20 02:21:45:
My greatest shame is my dislike for sapphire tbh, I usually love eyeburners but xyz’s are my life and it’s soooo hard to match
Altassar wrote on 2020-06-20 07:57:02:
My eyes actually hurt by just look at some shade of color like sapphire , fuschia , magenta , cyan and radioactive.
mothscale wrote on 2020-06-20 08:51:04:
The only color that has ever registered as an actual eyeburner to me has been Sapphire*, though Ultramarine comes close when basic.
I knew this guy was bright, what with his cyan, but I didn't realize he'd be considered an eyeburner. Huh.
49790201_350.png
X
X
loading.gif

X
X
[quote name="Forumsdackel" date="2020-06-20 02:03:55" ] I just.. don't understand.. how it's so disliked? There are far worse colors than this (all the swampy/muddy greens/the yellows/brick) [/quote] [font=sylfaen]i have been attacked! forumsdackel has punched me! D: aside from my love of those colours, i do also love fuchsia. i've been looking for a good fuchsia dragon and while i haven't FOUND one yet, that doesn't mean i dislike it. [s]the only colours i truly dislike are rust and platinum
Forumsdackel wrote on 2020-06-20 02:03:55:
I just.. don't understand.. how it's so disliked? There are far worse colors than this (all the swampy/muddy greens/the yellows/brick)

i have been attacked! forumsdackel has punched me! D:

aside from my love of those colours, i do also love fuchsia. i've been looking for a good fuchsia dragon and while i haven't FOUND one yet, that doesn't mean i dislike it. the only colours i truly dislike are rust and platinum
......................................... tumblr-pa5yx1-Ks-ZM1tecpo4o1-100.png ...
the reliquary
federation-Bar.png
''it's not over yet''
wishlistloreaccentsart
familiar collector • fr +8 • pears!
I just don’t like pinks, forgive me *crying emoji*
I just don’t like pinks, forgive me *crying emoji*
Untitled_Artwork.png
hey, i love fuchsia ! everyone disliking it just means theres more for me [emoji=gaoler love size=2]
hey, i love fuchsia ! everyone disliking it just means theres more for me
UnyqHqE.png
Fuchsia is a fun color! Very bright though, I can see why some don't like it. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/54958577][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/549586/54958577_350.png[/img][/url]
Fuchsia is a fun color! Very bright though, I can see why some don't like it.
54958577_350.png
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
I´m sorry, but even the examples of "non eyeburny" fuchsia you have here have parts that hurt to look at. Too bright for me. :(
I´m sorry, but even the examples of "non eyeburny" fuchsia you have here have parts that hurt to look at. Too bright for me. :(
I think its unpopular mostly just because fuchsia is a difficult color to work with for most people. It's just so violently HOT PINK that it throws people off, Magenta is a slightly softer pink and Rasberry is more of a red/purple than a pink, so if you are not a fan of pink (especially not hot pink) then fuchsia is that color.

Personally I'm just really picky about dragons and colors, I'm not particularly fond of pinks in general. I have in my lair precisely 3 dragons with a single color in the pink-range, one of which happens to have a fuchsia secondary, but only because I needed my obligatory CYMK dragon.(he not finished tho)
I think its unpopular mostly just because fuchsia is a difficult color to work with for most people. It's just so violently HOT PINK that it throws people off, Magenta is a slightly softer pink and Rasberry is more of a red/purple than a pink, so if you are not a fan of pink (especially not hot pink) then fuchsia is that color.

Personally I'm just really picky about dragons and colors, I'm not particularly fond of pinks in general. I have in my lair precisely 3 dragons with a single color in the pink-range, one of which happens to have a fuchsia secondary, but only because I needed my obligatory CYMK dragon.(he not finished tho)
Seeking Gen1 Flaxen/Midnight,Steel-Abyss/Midnight,Steel-Abyss
KHOiAv3.pnglPpogfJ.pngxGzwQab.pngwsU1mG4.pngdO6FQIW.pnghrbqzip.png7ESWNLx.png7XPr7wW.pngTBH15GG.pngHGGhJuM.pngRYy3HXn.pngU4YPA7B.pngB5yHFLM.png

scribblesisonlydoodling.gif

Koi%20Signature_zpsphzlcqrx.png[/columns]v2.png

oc4pg8L.png

lightsmall3_by_lichtdrache-da7ztog.png

JscoHOG.png

SgonDOb.png
As one who went specifically for Fuchsia secondary for a pair, I don't understand at all. Of course I also enjoy neon colors in contrast with dark ones, so I would have a positive bias. I find it's the perfect color for an Arcane dragon, and I love it with Bee. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/44037378][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/440374/44037378_350.png[/img][/url]
As one who went specifically for Fuchsia secondary for a pair, I don't understand at all. Of course I also enjoy neon colors in contrast with dark ones, so I would have a positive bias. I find it's the perfect color for an Arcane dragon, and I love it with Bee.

44037378_350.png

Some people are PHYSICALLY PUT IN PAIN WHEN THEY LOOK AT BRIGHT COLORS, IT DOESN’T MEAN THEY HATE PINK OR ANYTHING, THEIR EYES ACTUALLY HURT WHEN LOOKING ON CERTAIN SATURATED COLORS.

Stahp saying "oh this person has no taste because they like/don’t like ___"

Some people are PHYSICALLY PUT IN PAIN WHEN THEY LOOK AT BRIGHT COLORS, IT DOESN’T MEAN THEY HATE PINK OR ANYTHING, THEIR EYES ACTUALLY HURT WHEN LOOKING ON CERTAIN SATURATED COLORS.

15295.png
+ Pacific Time | Neutral Evil | Artist Kinda +
rtbhGZ5_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.png
39072.png q7KYqlT.png
[quote name="SandSeraph" date="2020-06-20 13:35:52" ] Some people are PHYSICALLY PUT IN PAIN WHEN THEY LOOK AT BRIGHT COLORS, IT DOESN’T MEAN THEY HATE PINK OR ANYTHING, THEIR EYES ACTUALLY HURT WHEN LOOKING ON CERTAIN SATURATED COLORS. Stahp saying "oh this person has no taste because they like/don’t like ___" [/quote] This is why I don't like radioactive for the most part, [i]especially[/i] in Jaguar/Rosette. It hurts my eyes x.x (probably the shades, Cyan doesn't bug me much except in certain genes.) Meanwhile, I'm just not a fan of bright pink in particular xP I don't hate the colour though, it's just hard to work with, at least when it's not a tert (I think this is a colour that is barely in my lair regardless)
SandSeraph wrote on 2020-06-20 13:35:52:

This is why I don't like radioactive for the most part, especially in Jaguar/Rosette. It hurts my eyes x.x (probably the shades, Cyan doesn't bug me much except in certain genes.)

Meanwhile, I'm just not a fan of bright pink in particular xP I don't hate the colour though, it's just hard to work with, at least when it's not a tert (I think this is a colour that is barely in my lair regardless)
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9