Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why is fuchsia so disliked?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I like orchid better, but here is one of mine [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58426033][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/584261/58426033_350.png[/img][/url]
I like orchid better, but here is one of mine

58426033_350.png
CEO of 100 Oldest Dragons

I feel Capital
Ire Tweet
H9klr6C.png
[text]Total Insects Eaten: 32650[/text]
[text]Total Insects Eaten: 41788[/text]
Steam Gyre
All the far worse colors are my jam.
All the far worse colors are my jam.
32392442p.png66416996p.png83684589p.png75459369p.png78722162p.png70636041p.png64470764p.png
Different tastes and different eyes! The only color that has ever registered as an actual eyeburner to me has been Sapphire*, though Ultramarine comes close when basic. I still love Sapphire, don't get me wrong— Sapphire with accent colors cancels out the eyeburn sensation for me and instead gives this wonderful glow— but I have thought a few times that people who do get that eyeburny sensation from other colors like Fuchsia or Cyan might overall tend to enjoy them less than I do.

* Very occasionally Radioactive comes close, though it's more that when it's in IriShim it feels like "this should be so bright it hurts my eyes" rather than "it is hurting my eyes." Like a phantom sensation of "too bright" but nothing that's actually burny.

It's also why I avoid posting in show-off-your eyeburner threads despite having a lot of very bright dragons: often times what other people register as an eyeburner looks fairly mild to me. I have no instinct for what's an eyeburner vs. what's just colorful and bright. But I also like duller colors— swamp aesthetic is very valid and fun! There are very few colors that I outright dislike, and even then the right gene or color combo can absolutely make them beautiful.

Mostly bringing this up because it's a sidenote to differing tastes that has the potential to inform differing tastes— different people get eyeburned by different colors, as far as I can tell from discussions here (there has been no rigorous scientific testing on my end and this is all based on previous anecdotal discussion of the eyeburning sensation.) Thus, what people like or dislike may be influenced towards or away from colors depending on how they perceive them.
Different tastes and different eyes! The only color that has ever registered as an actual eyeburner to me has been Sapphire*, though Ultramarine comes close when basic. I still love Sapphire, don't get me wrong— Sapphire with accent colors cancels out the eyeburn sensation for me and instead gives this wonderful glow— but I have thought a few times that people who do get that eyeburny sensation from other colors like Fuchsia or Cyan might overall tend to enjoy them less than I do.

* Very occasionally Radioactive comes close, though it's more that when it's in IriShim it feels like "this should be so bright it hurts my eyes" rather than "it is hurting my eyes." Like a phantom sensation of "too bright" but nothing that's actually burny.

It's also why I avoid posting in show-off-your eyeburner threads despite having a lot of very bright dragons: often times what other people register as an eyeburner looks fairly mild to me. I have no instinct for what's an eyeburner vs. what's just colorful and bright. But I also like duller colors— swamp aesthetic is very valid and fun! There are very few colors that I outright dislike, and even then the right gene or color combo can absolutely make them beautiful.

Mostly bringing this up because it's a sidenote to differing tastes that has the potential to inform differing tastes— different people get eyeburned by different colors, as far as I can tell from discussions here (there has been no rigorous scientific testing on my end and this is all based on previous anecdotal discussion of the eyeburning sensation.) Thus, what people like or dislike may be influenced towards or away from colors depending on how they perceive them.
...My stupid brain was confused when I saw the title.
"Why are people talking about how much they hate an Animal Crossing character in FRD?"
I'll go sit in the dunce corner now.
...My stupid brain was confused when I saw the title.
"Why are people talking about how much they hate an Animal Crossing character in FRD?"
I'll go sit in the dunce corner now.
TOW2n3q.png
[quote name="Forumsdackel" date="2020-06-20 02:03:55" ] I just.. don't understand.. how it's so disliked? There are far worse colors than this (all the swampy/muddy greens/the yellows/brick) [/quote] your kneecap privileges are gone, I'll be taking them with myself thank you. Spring, Moss, Crocodile, Olive, Murk, Honey, Goldenrod and Brick are all fantastic, natural, rustic looking colours perfect for farm dragons. I was on this wagon to defend Fuchsia because it's a valid colour even though I'd never use it but then my colours were insulted and now I have the rage of a thousand chihuahuas in me
Forumsdackel wrote on 2020-06-20 02:03:55:
I just.. don't understand.. how it's so disliked? There are far worse colors than this (all the swampy/muddy greens/the yellows/brick)

your kneecap privileges are gone, I'll be taking them with myself thank you.

Spring, Moss, Crocodile, Olive, Murk, Honey, Goldenrod and Brick are all fantastic, natural, rustic looking colours perfect for farm dragons.

I was on this wagon to defend Fuchsia because it's a valid colour even though I'd never use it but then my colours were insulted and now I have the rage of a thousand chihuahuas in me
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources

*holds up a large sign that says*

Remember some people have eyes that work differently than our own, and what we may see as a fun, bright color, may cause them actual physical pain to look at.

*holds up a large sign that says*

Remember some people have eyes that work differently than our own, and what we may see as a fun, bright color, may cause them actual physical pain to look at.

15295.png
+ Pacific Time | Neutral Evil | Artist Kinda +
rtbhGZ5_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.png
39072.png q7KYqlT.png
Wait what?? But Fuchsia is fun!

Clearly those who took the survey have poor taste
Wait what?? But Fuchsia is fun!

Clearly those who took the survey have poor taste
9650eb7d6ebe493e3d6bdd47099c7c9df0a42bc8.png

As someone whose favorite colors are the muttled greens and browns (brick is actually one of my favorite colors- python gives it a nice dark accent which is fantastic for stained!) I will say that I greatly dislike fuschia

I just don’t like very bright or saturated colors in general- especially pink. It’s just too bright and unless it’s in an eyeburner lair or paired with a really nice primary, it doesn’t work well. It’s especially hard when it comes to gen1s... Bc rng

As someone whose favorite colors are the muttled greens and browns (brick is actually one of my favorite colors- python gives it a nice dark accent which is fantastic for stained!) I will say that I greatly dislike fuschia

I just don’t like very bright or saturated colors in general- especially pink. It’s just too bright and unless it’s in an eyeburner lair or paired with a really nice primary, it doesn’t work well. It’s especially hard when it comes to gen1s... Bc rng
52234740674_590132cdb4_o.pngx > art shop
> toyhouse
> gen1 sales
uwu
> FR +3
> closing manager
> gen1
collector
uwuHandleAnimal.png
99WsXaL.gif
I like it! But then again, I like pink and bright/eyeburning colours (cyan is one of the best colours on this site) so...
I like it! But then again, I like pink and bright/eyeburning colours (cyan is one of the best colours on this site) so...
jCVhFoZ.gif
[center][size=2]I'm not a fan of pinks, fuchsia and magenta being the biggest offenders. I just, hate them :/ Also this: [quote=HandleAnimal] It’s especially hard when it comes to gen1s... Bc rng[/quote] [size=2]I swear I always get either magenta or fuchsia when I hate an egg ;-; Magenta especially.
I'm not a fan of pinks, fuchsia and magenta being the biggest offenders.
I just, hate them :/
Also this:
HandleAnimal wrote:
It’s especially hard when it comes to gen1s... Bc rng
I swear I always get either magenta or fuchsia when I hate an egg ;-; Magenta especially.
ooooooooooo kssHcoX.png K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
25 LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)