Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Let us weep at this lost possibility
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
[quote name="Celeana" date="2020-06-08 10:25:12" ] Same! Let's get rid of the dashes while we're at it. [img]https://i.imgur.com/HqauZtI.png[/img] I swapped the coli and lineage sections so that the ones with pictures could be on the outside. [/quote] YOOO this is it! The apparel is distracting when it's right next to the dragon.
Celeana wrote on 2020-06-08 10:25:12:
Same! Let's get rid of the dashes while we're at it.

HqauZtI.png

I swapped the coli and lineage sections so that the ones with pictures could be on the outside.
YOOO this is it! The apparel is distracting when it's right next to the dragon.
I'll Secondary Gene: Morph to someone else. I'm just a Tertiary Gene: Ghost Sprsme376.gifSprcr079.gif
[quote name="jennycatmystique" date="2020-06-08 13:16:47" ] Expanding on the design and Celeana's take, this is what I would be looking for in a reshuffle of buttons and info [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/88cb77e145fafd45308f25f81339ec1d/2f01f1a16a994b7b-9b/s1280x1920/c927ece78d063d9721ee6afa73d18dc2459281f9.png[/img] ----- Changes: - left-aligned physical info (also removed "gene" from each of color & gene rows) - moved customize button to center since the apparel section has been moved down (then alphabetized them because idk i wanted to) - moved likes button to bar with share and morph buttons narrowed the entire row of buttons (now the same height as the top row of buttons) -narrowed energy and bond bars Other changes would include making the bio buttons match the same height as the rest but I was too lazy [/quote] This is one is so far my favorite of the edits. The button shrinks really did wonder to make the whole thing less cluttered, and the social buttons have all been collected into one spot under the info, while all the buttons relating to the dragon itself have been gathered under the dragon. The social buttons could easily remain while viewing another users dragons, while not looking off in the design at all with the buttons under the familiar and dragon missing. The only issue I have with it is the social buttons and the info probably would feel better boxed in together in a distinct widget rather than floating besides the dragon.
jennycatmystique wrote on 2020-06-08 13:16:47:
Expanding on the design and Celeana's take, this is what I would be looking for in a reshuffle of buttons and info

c927ece78d063d9721ee6afa73d18dc2459281f9.png

Changes:
- left-aligned physical info (also removed "gene" from each of color & gene rows)
- moved customize button to center since the apparel section has been moved down (then alphabetized them because idk i wanted to)
- moved likes button to bar with share and morph buttons
narrowed the entire row of buttons (now the same height as the top row of buttons)
-narrowed energy and bond bars

Other changes would include making the bio buttons match the same height as the rest but I was too lazy

This is one is so far my favorite of the edits. The button shrinks really did wonder to make the whole thing less cluttered, and the social buttons have all been collected into one spot under the info, while all the buttons relating to the dragon itself have been gathered under the dragon.

The social buttons could easily remain while viewing another users dragons, while not looking off in the design at all with the buttons under the familiar and dragon missing. The only issue I have with it is the social buttons and the info probably would feel better boxed in together in a distinct widget rather than floating besides the dragon.
sBdLZtA.png
[quote name="jennycatmystique" date="2020-06-08 13:16:47" ] Expanding on the design and Celeana's take, this is what I would be looking for in a reshuffle of buttons and info [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/88cb77e145fafd45308f25f81339ec1d/2f01f1a16a994b7b-9b/s1280x1920/c927ece78d063d9721ee6afa73d18dc2459281f9.png[/img] ----- Changes: - left-aligned physical info (also removed "gene" from each of color & gene rows) - moved customize button to center since the apparel section has been moved down (then alphabetized them because idk i wanted to) - moved likes button to bar with share and morph buttons narrowed the entire row of buttons (now the same height as the top row of buttons) -narrowed energy and bond bars Other changes would include making the bio buttons match the same height as the rest but I was too lazy [/quote] [center][b]Please[/b][/center] But honestly, @jennycatmystique if you haven't taken this to the suggestions forum yet you definitely should! This looks amazing!
jennycatmystique wrote on 2020-06-08 13:16:47:
Expanding on the design and Celeana's take, this is what I would be looking for in a reshuffle of buttons and info

c927ece78d063d9721ee6afa73d18dc2459281f9.png

Changes:
- left-aligned physical info (also removed "gene" from each of color & gene rows)
- moved customize button to center since the apparel section has been moved down (then alphabetized them because idk i wanted to)
- moved likes button to bar with share and morph buttons
narrowed the entire row of buttons (now the same height as the top row of buttons)
-narrowed energy and bond bars

Other changes would include making the bio buttons match the same height as the rest but I was too lazy
Please

But honestly, @jennycatmystique if you haven't taken this to the suggestions forum yet you definitely should! This looks amazing!

_____

efacdede8267407a1b4b2a68e2c1544fcf3e95b5.png

____qiTymVx.png
________

I support a lot of these edits but man OP is being super dramatic lmao

FR has a history of taking advice on revamps and rapidly incorporating modifications suggested by users - additional filters in the AH revamp, sorting options and lack of refresh between battles for coli revamp, adding flattery notifs to the trading post page... I know I've missed loads!

I would be extremely unsurprised to see some of these modifications make their way in over the near future.
I support a lot of these edits but man OP is being super dramatic lmao

FR has a history of taking advice on revamps and rapidly incorporating modifications suggested by users - additional filters in the AH revamp, sorting options and lack of refresh between battles for coli revamp, adding flattery notifs to the trading post page... I know I've missed loads!

I would be extremely unsurprised to see some of these modifications make their way in over the near future.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
This layout would be sooooo much better!! Personally, I think this is much more appealing than the current one!
This layout would be sooooo much better!! Personally, I think this is much more appealing than the current one!
1185.png 1186.png 1187.png 1188.png
i LOVE THIS
and i'd love it even more if it had the boxes like from before
hh i just hate the empty spaces in there

edit: also button sizes go yeugh
damn im starting to think i have ocd
i LOVE THIS
and i'd love it even more if it had the boxes like from before
hh i just hate the empty spaces in there

edit: also button sizes go yeugh
damn im starting to think i have ocd
21402.png x [ alastrcs. ]

fish around find trout
any pronouns! pts for creativity
fr+15 timezone
[quote name="Celeana" date="2020-06-08 10:25:12" ] Same! Let's get rid of the dashes while we're at it. [img]https://i.imgur.com/HqauZtI.png[/img] I swapped the coli and lineage sections so that the ones with pictures could be on the outside. [/quote] hey staff.. what if

HqauZtI.png

I swapped the coli and lineage sections so that the ones with pictures could be on the outside.

hey staff.. what if
__ xiq! #359104
[ she/they ⋅ FR +3 ⋅ wishlist ]
[quote name="Celeana" date="2020-06-08 10:25:12" ] Same! Let's get rid of the dashes while we're at it. [img]https://i.imgur.com/HqauZtI.png[/img] I swapped the coli and lineage sections so that the ones with pictures could be on the outside. [/quote] WE NEED THIS. I love the update except the location of apparel and dragon info! Who cares about apparel? Plus empty boxes up there is UGLY.

HqauZtI.png

WE NEED THIS. I love the update except the location of apparel and dragon info! Who cares about apparel? Plus empty boxes up there is UGLY.
RIQ2y3S.png
Ok so, I suck at this so someone please make a better version but how about something like this? Obviously colors can be altered [img]https://i.imgur.com/SjOQRDQ.png[/img] My eyes really need the different colors; I've seen versions where the apparel and battle info boxes are, well, boxed in and they look like the lineage box but the background for them is still white which just kind of... bothers me. Obviously the physical info box needs to be fixed because I have no idea how to make it like the lineage box so if someone can do this please do
Ok so, I suck at this so someone please make a better version but how about something like this? Obviously colors can be altered
SjOQRDQ.png
My eyes really need the different colors; I've seen versions where the apparel and battle info boxes are, well, boxed in and they look like the lineage box but the background for them is still white which just kind of... bothers me.
Obviously the physical info box needs to be fixed because I have no idea how to make it like the lineage box so if someone can do this please do
  • lapis
  • it/he
  • FR+0
shadow_transbling_by_cicide76536-dciuarc.gif
05e7cb9445ff87030b283d8e5db40be5276d4c0c.gif
[quote name="sleepyboi" date="2020-06-09 11:37:27" ] Ok so, I suck at this so someone please make a better version but how about something like this? Obviously colors can be altered [img]https://i.imgur.com/SjOQRDQ.png[/img] My eyes really need the different colors; I've seen versions where the apparel and battle info boxes are, well, boxed in and they look like the lineage box but the background for them is still white which just kind of... bothers me. Obviously the physical info box needs to be fixed because I have no idea how to make it like the lineage box so if someone can do this please do [/quote] Ooh, shading boxes. That would be better. Plain white is kinda weird as a background color. A light grey or a light color of some sort would serve to be a better background color. It's easier on the eyes, at least.
sleepyboi wrote on 2020-06-09 11:37:27:
Ok so, I suck at this so someone please make a better version but how about something like this? Obviously colors can be altered
SjOQRDQ.png
My eyes really need the different colors; I've seen versions where the apparel and battle info boxes are, well, boxed in and they look like the lineage box but the background for them is still white which just kind of... bothers me.
Obviously the physical info box needs to be fixed because I have no idea how to make it like the lineage box so if someone can do this please do
Ooh, shading boxes. That would be better. Plain white is kinda weird as a background color. A light grey or a light color of some sort would serve to be a better background color. It's easier on the eyes, at least.
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12