Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | honestly i'm a bit overwhelmed. (layout)
1 2 3 4 5 6
Honestly, I'm not super bothered by the new layout?? Kind of an unpopular opinion right now I know. I do have a few issues with it (like the empty boxes for apparel, skins, and scene is really distracting) but I'm not as bothered as most people are.

It's understandable why some don't like it due to the fact that it's a bit sensory overload and overstimulating. I've even seen some with autism and sensory processing disorders comment on this. The layout doesn't give me anxiety at all even though I myself have autism but it makes me unhappy knowing so many people feel this way. I'm really glad the layout was changed after being the same for so long, but now I think the developers need to tweak it just a bit so that everyone is comfortable with it.
Honestly, I'm not super bothered by the new layout?? Kind of an unpopular opinion right now I know. I do have a few issues with it (like the empty boxes for apparel, skins, and scene is really distracting) but I'm not as bothered as most people are.

It's understandable why some don't like it due to the fact that it's a bit sensory overload and overstimulating. I've even seen some with autism and sensory processing disorders comment on this. The layout doesn't give me anxiety at all even though I myself have autism but it makes me unhappy knowing so many people feel this way. I'm really glad the layout was changed after being the same for so long, but now I think the developers need to tweak it just a bit so that everyone is comfortable with it.
Mia || He/Him or They/Them || 23 || FR+3
bYt72YT.png
WQA384m.png
HSWqWgZ.png
fkWjutW.png
I just hatched a nest and had to go hunting to find out if my dragons were male or female, and what their genes were. I miss immediately seeing all the relevant information when I open the page.
I just hatched a nest and had to go hunting to find out if my dragons were male or female, and what their genes were. I miss immediately seeing all the relevant information when I open the page.
FfsFHyt.png
I'd love it more if the ability to select what shows was an option.
And I didn't have words for it before, but now I can agree that it does feel like it's constantly in edit mode or missing some kind of border.

I especially dislike apparel being to the left and so glaringly there, I'd much more enjoy it being the dragon's info!
I'd love it more if the ability to select what shows was an option.
And I didn't have words for it before, but now I can agree that it does feel like it's constantly in edit mode or missing some kind of border.

I especially dislike apparel being to the left and so glaringly there, I'd much more enjoy it being the dragon's info!
It's a lot like an art program with little windows for all the tools. I always close a bunch of them, collate others and scoot them out of the way to a corner. I can't with this layout. It's too much.
It's a lot like an art program with little windows for all the tools. I always close a bunch of them, collate others and scoot them out of the way to a corner. I can't with this layout. It's too much.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Yeah, I think it’s extremely cluttered. The apparel part especially. I can see how someone with sensory issues could get overwhelmed bc of it, and aside from that it’s just really poorly designed. Why is the apparel thing taking up just as much space as the dragon itself?? It makes no sense and it makes the whole page look cluttered.
Yeah, I think it’s extremely cluttered. The apparel part especially. I can see how someone with sensory issues could get overwhelmed bc of it, and aside from that it’s just really poorly designed. Why is the apparel thing taking up just as much space as the dragon itself?? It makes no sense and it makes the whole page look cluttered.
1185.png 1186.png 1187.png 1188.png
The new update is just too cluttered and too much to take in all at once. The other layout was perfectly fine, and now that everything is essentially borderless it makes it look.. sloppy. Especially those dotted border lines, they look horrendous if there are empty familiar/apparel spots.

Also, it feels strange that the default background when there aren't any scenes applied is part of the exalted background. It makes me feel like my dragons are close/going to be exalted---of course I know they aren't, but its off.

I almost wish there were a way to customize what you see and where you see it. Like, a drag-and-drop feature in the account settings that lets you say, move the dragon's image to the left, add the dragon info right next to them, and so on. But I understand that would probably be more work than necessary. Just wishful thinking at this point. ^^"

The way the dragon is displayed in the middle and other info surrounding it on either side reminds me of Howrse's display. Not a good thing. I hated my experiences on that game
The new update is just too cluttered and too much to take in all at once. The other layout was perfectly fine, and now that everything is essentially borderless it makes it look.. sloppy. Especially those dotted border lines, they look horrendous if there are empty familiar/apparel spots.

Also, it feels strange that the default background when there aren't any scenes applied is part of the exalted background. It makes me feel like my dragons are close/going to be exalted---of course I know they aren't, but its off.

I almost wish there were a way to customize what you see and where you see it. Like, a drag-and-drop feature in the account settings that lets you say, move the dragon's image to the left, add the dragon info right next to them, and so on. But I understand that would probably be more work than necessary. Just wishful thinking at this point. ^^"

The way the dragon is displayed in the middle and other info surrounding it on either side reminds me of Howrse's display. Not a good thing. I hated my experiences on that game
red lizard from rain world

» Formerly Ceruleanfire, Springfire
» She/Her
» +2 FR Time || Pings welcome!
1 2 3 4 5 6