Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | honestly i'm a bit overwhelmed. (layout)
1 2 3 4 5 6
Yeah, I agree. It's a bit cluttered but I'm actually starting to see the aesthetic-ness of it so I hope I'll get used to it soon <3 it's still kinda weird seeing a totally normal lair and then clicking into. . . this, though.
Yeah, I agree. It's a bit cluttered but I'm actually starting to see the aesthetic-ness of it so I hope I'll get used to it soon <3 it's still kinda weird seeing a totally normal lair and then clicking into. . . this, though.
CUnQdgy.png
AGREED! My issue with the new layout mockups is that it's still overwhelming!

I feel as if the information on the leftmost side is too much- I just want to see the dragon! The overcluttering has my eyes everywhere, and it's way too much on me with my sensory processing issues to see that much text or tiny images right away.
AGREED! My issue with the new layout mockups is that it's still overwhelming!

I feel as if the information on the leftmost side is too much- I just want to see the dragon! The overcluttering has my eyes everywhere, and it's way too much on me with my sensory processing issues to see that much text or tiny images right away.
eZCszQ2.png1GLQpTC.pngV4alZnn.png
Agreed. Fellow autistic, it wierds me out and feels unorganized. I was really getting into doing dragon bios too and now I am a bit demotivated.
Agreed. Fellow autistic, it wierds me out and feels unorganized. I was really getting into doing dragon bios too and now I am a bit demotivated.
tumblr_o8bdqi2D0C1tddvg0o2_1280.png
I'm autistic and it was overwhelming for me in the morning and it's still overwhelming to me now. It's a new change that I could probably get adjusted to over time but it's just a bit bright to me compared to the old layout. Until then it's going to be hard to finish naming my familiars which I did like getting to do, I only got some done today.

The one thing that bothered me just a slight bit was that the battle stones are now shown too along with the stats. I barely even used to look at the battle stones when not in the coliseum training my dragons to the next level. I've memorized the basic stating pattern my trained dragons have. It's just more sensory for my eyes that was previously already memorized in my mind, it's weird to me somewhat to look at all that now.
I'm autistic and it was overwhelming for me in the morning and it's still overwhelming to me now. It's a new change that I could probably get adjusted to over time but it's just a bit bright to me compared to the old layout. Until then it's going to be hard to finish naming my familiars which I did like getting to do, I only got some done today.

The one thing that bothered me just a slight bit was that the battle stones are now shown too along with the stats. I barely even used to look at the battle stones when not in the coliseum training my dragons to the next level. I've memorized the basic stating pattern my trained dragons have. It's just more sensory for my eyes that was previously already memorized in my mind, it's weird to me somewhat to look at all that now.
gziv3Ja.pnged1cxgE.pngQUIpVFE.pngoouioVf.pngmlHpBMC.png
Currently on a semi-hiatus, still online frequently.
Hyperfixated on history, science, comics, and the transformers franchise.
Yeah, it's not too friendly for those with sensory issues. I found it overwhelming as well, though I actually do like it better. I'll grow used to it. I had the same problem with the lair tabs and the edit page at first.

It helps someone told me I didn't have to view that additional page.
Yeah, it's not too friendly for those with sensory issues. I found it overwhelming as well, though I actually do like it better. I'll grow used to it. I had the same problem with the lair tabs and the edit page at first.

It helps someone told me I didn't have to view that additional page.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
If anyone is interested, I shared a few screenshots of a local solution to some of the clutter. If there is interest, I'll share the code and put together a tutorial.
If anyone is interested, I shared a few screenshots of a local solution to some of the clutter. If there is interest, I'll share the code and put together a tutorial.
Another autistic person here agreeing that the new layout is really overwhelming.
Another autistic person here agreeing that the new layout is really overwhelming.
It's a little overwhelming for me too because of my adhd! I get lost on where to look, and with so many big things competing for my attention it's hard for me to appreciate the dragon itself :/
It's a little overwhelming for me too because of my adhd! I get lost on where to look, and with so many big things competing for my attention it's hard for me to appreciate the dragon itself :/
1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
This layout is awful. Not gonna sugarcoat it, it’s cluttered and I have no idea what they’re trying to do with it. Is it about the dragon or about the buttons? Pick one.
This layout is awful. Not gonna sugarcoat it, it’s cluttered and I have no idea what they’re trying to do with it. Is it about the dragon or about the buttons? Pick one.
agreed as another autistic, I spend a lot of time on my dragon profiles working on bios but this new setup feels rly... inaccessible? its way too much eye strain and clutter for my brain to handle. if it stays this way with zero changes I'll be spending less time on the site unfortunately :[ I understand wanting to change things around but the accessibility issue is.. a lot. many of the new features are great though! hope they can maybe add some toggles?
agreed as another autistic, I spend a lot of time on my dragon profiles working on bios but this new setup feels rly... inaccessible? its way too much eye strain and clutter for my brain to handle. if it stays this way with zero changes I'll be spending less time on the site unfortunately :[ I understand wanting to change things around but the accessibility issue is.. a lot. many of the new features are great though! hope they can maybe add some toggles?
The eyes of Lio Fotia and Galo Thymos from Promare in official art by Hiroyuki Imaishi staring dramatically past the viewer. There is a ball of fire in their colors (blue, pink, and white) between them
1 2 3 4 5 6