Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | honestly i'm a bit overwhelmed. (layout)
1 2 3 4 5 6
Autistic here too; the update has done tons of beneficial things for me though. I didn't think about how the break up of information might affect others on the spectrum, but I can understand how it can be overwhelming. [emoji=heart size=1] For me, the added info and organization are things I've wanted for a long time. I also jumped on the scene train back when it was first suggested, just to break up the plain white pages that used to give me migraines. Because of this, the sudden change didn't hit me as hard, and I was able to enjoy it from the get-go. I think the goal was to put aesthetic in the top row, and info in the second, which I like, but I wouldn't begrudge anyone if they changed it the way others are suggesting and switched the apparel with the dragon info. They also did good to consolidate the editing buttons, so the page was not even more cluttered. I hope you guys can find ways to enjoy it; I know what it feels like when an update hits you hard, and it always sucks to have to go through that. Sending yall some positive energy. [emoji=heart size=1]
Autistic here too; the update has done tons of beneficial things for me though.
I didn't think about how the break up of information might affect others on the spectrum, but I can understand how it can be overwhelming.

For me, the added info and organization are things I've wanted for a long time. I also jumped on the scene train back when it was first suggested, just to break up the plain white pages that used to give me migraines. Because of this, the sudden change didn't hit me as hard, and I was able to enjoy it from the get-go.

I think the goal was to put aesthetic in the top row, and info in the second, which I like, but I wouldn't begrudge anyone if they changed it the way others are suggesting and switched the apparel with the dragon info.
They also did good to consolidate the editing buttons, so the page was not even more cluttered.

I hope you guys can find ways to enjoy it; I know what it feels like when an update hits you hard, and it always sucks to have to go through that.
Sending yall some positive energy.
tihutbH.png
lAvpyOQ.png

ZwbGqUa.png

rPaLIxa.png

J7D1quC.png

FObX7rS.png

YMPbu9R.png
53e090906bf1abf526e496f785950d62fc9cfa93.png
[quote name="Shegrasi" date="2020-06-08 12:05:25" ] Autistic here too; the update has done tons of beneficial things for me though. I didn't think about how the break up of information might affect others on the spectrum, but I can understand how it can be overwhelming. [emoji=heart size=1] For me, the added info and organization are things I've wanted for a long time. I also jumped on the scene train back when it was first suggested, just to break up the plain white pages that used to give me migraines. Because of this, the sudden change didn't hit me as hard, and I was able to enjoy it from the get-go. I think the goal was to put aesthetic in the top row, and info in the second, which I like, but I wouldn't begrudge anyone if they changed it the way others are suggesting and switched the apparel with the dragon info. They also did good to consolidate the editing buttons, so the page was not even more cluttered. I hope you guys can find ways to enjoy it; I know what it feels like when an update hits you hard, and it always sucks to have to go through that. Sending yall some positive energy. [emoji=heart size=1] [/quote] ^^^ This is how I feel too, but I couldn't find the proper words to express it
Shegrasi wrote on 2020-06-08 12:05:25:
Autistic here too; the update has done tons of beneficial things for me though.
I didn't think about how the break up of information might affect others on the spectrum, but I can understand how it can be overwhelming.

For me, the added info and organization are things I've wanted for a long time. I also jumped on the scene train back when it was first suggested, just to break up the plain white pages that used to give me migraines. Because of this, the sudden change didn't hit me as hard, and I was able to enjoy it from the get-go.

I think the goal was to put aesthetic in the top row, and info in the second, which I like, but I wouldn't begrudge anyone if they changed it the way others are suggesting and switched the apparel with the dragon info.
They also did good to consolidate the editing buttons, so the page was not even more cluttered.

I hope you guys can find ways to enjoy it; I know what it feels like when an update hits you hard, and it always sucks to have to go through that.
Sending yall some positive energy.
^^^ This is how I feel too, but I couldn't find the proper words to express it
oaONRiZ.png Void | XmHV7tO.png | PobckJN.png | bYt72YT.png
I love the new update a ton, but i honestly was shaking for the first hour after I logged on cuz I didn’t know what to focus on first. I’m still a bit jittery, as I want all my dragons to have backdrops, but I’m broke TwT

I pulled out half my savings from my vault to buy my Coli team some gem backdrops, I named some of my familiars, I liked every. Single. Dragon in my best friend’s lair and my girlfriend’s lair. I bought 300kt worth of bees to brew the beehive backdrop, and it’s still not enough, as I need t w e n t y

There’s a lot going on, and while it’s awesome, my lil monkey brain is short circuiting from all the shiny stuff
I love the new update a ton, but i honestly was shaking for the first hour after I logged on cuz I didn’t know what to focus on first. I’m still a bit jittery, as I want all my dragons to have backdrops, but I’m broke TwT

I pulled out half my savings from my vault to buy my Coli team some gem backdrops, I named some of my familiars, I liked every. Single. Dragon in my best friend’s lair and my girlfriend’s lair. I bought 300kt worth of bees to brew the beehive backdrop, and it’s still not enough, as I need t w e n t y

There’s a lot going on, and while it’s awesome, my lil monkey brain is short circuiting from all the shiny stuff
l9szmFh.jpg
Jeez I didnt know so many people were upset by this update? I really like what they did, I have more avenues to customize and personalize my lair and dragons. I was kinda burning out with FR but the update feels like it’s given me plenty of things to do. My best advise would be to anyone who’s feeling overwhelmed to give it a chance. New things can be stressful but I think the customization options and new, convenient interface have potential. You just have to give yourself a chance to use and get used to it! [emoji=wildclaw happy size=1]
Jeez I didnt know so many people were upset by this update? I really like what they did, I have more avenues to customize and personalize my lair and dragons. I was kinda burning out with FR but the update feels like it’s given me plenty of things to do. My best advise would be to anyone who’s feeling overwhelmed to give it a chance. New things can be stressful but I think the customization options and new, convenient interface have potential. You just have to give yourself a chance to use and get used to it!
y7z4RJK.png
[quote name="themasterplan47" date="2020-06-08 12:21:39" ] Jeez I didnt know so many people were upset by this update? I really like what they did, I have more avenues to customize and personalize my lair and dragons. I was kinda burning out with FR but the update feels like it’s given me plenty of things to do. My best advise would be to anyone who’s feeling overwhelmed to give it a chance. New things can be stressful but I think the customization options and new, convenient interface have potential. You just have to give yourself a chance to use and get used to it! [emoji=wildclaw happy size=1] [/quote] My problem isn't about the new features, I think those are great, it's the design of the layout itself, which is very overwhelming, not just because it's new but it's messy. Personally, I can't stand the fact that everything is just floating around how it is, where as before it was in neat boxes and such. I can get use to change, it's this specific change that is especially hard because of what it is.
themasterplan47 wrote on 2020-06-08 12:21:39:
Jeez I didnt know so many people were upset by this update? I really like what they did, I have more avenues to customize and personalize my lair and dragons. I was kinda burning out with FR but the update feels like it’s given me plenty of things to do. My best advise would be to anyone who’s feeling overwhelmed to give it a chance. New things can be stressful but I think the customization options and new, convenient interface have potential. You just have to give yourself a chance to use and get used to it!

My problem isn't about the new features, I think those are great, it's the design of the layout itself, which is very overwhelming, not just because it's new but it's messy. Personally, I can't stand the fact that everything is just floating around how it is, where as before it was in neat boxes and such. I can get use to change, it's this specific change that is especially hard because of what it is.
Meal Moth .....
- Arby
- He/Him
- FR+0
- Wishlist

I really love the update! I hope it grows on people. I know a lot of folks don't do well with change which I think is what's happening now.

I love the update and I love that it was a complete surprise
I really love the update! I hope it grows on people. I know a lot of folks don't do well with change which I think is what's happening now.

I love the update and I love that it was a complete surprise
I enjoy some parts of the update but not others.

I really don't like that the apparel is the first thing that you see when entering the profiles. It all feels sort of messy.

It would be nice if we had an option to switch back to the original layout.
I enjoy some parts of the update but not others.

I really don't like that the apparel is the first thing that you see when entering the profiles. It all feels sort of messy.

It would be nice if we had an option to switch back to the original layout.
mlHpBMC.png BzjAkuF.png
HslJD2N.png 0XHtpWy.pngwAfJ7Bn.png
eJzwktq.png CAJaTcp.png
YMPbu9R.png
iwOM9O6.pngQJAOLGp.pngXRLXA9U.pngCVzOFR1.png9NyG1bQ.pngJ62sYF0.pngerG7rIV.png
[/nextcol]
i like the update, but the apparel boxes sort of irk me xD
but i love the aesthetics, and i agree that it can be a bit cluttered
i like the update, but the apparel boxes sort of irk me xD
but i love the aesthetics, and i agree that it can be a bit cluttered
F5-F7-F464-C663-44-FB-84-CD-5-ACC56-A83-C9-D.gif
Same; as much as I like the new "scene" thing, I'm not a huge fan of the layout.
Same; as much as I like the new "scene" thing, I'm not a huge fan of the layout.
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
more boxes pls,, same hat w/the autism and sensory processing disorders, i Require Boxes to process information correctly
more boxes pls,, same hat w/the autism and sensory processing disorders, i Require Boxes to process information correctly
6Fwt9Qr.gifXXX

xxx
xxx

iuEBSJ3.png3YAN1tx.pngQRVupBA.png
yG0Lt9s.pngoK2VVlE.pngfT0qwQ5.png
xbsbPqT.pngbYt72YT.pngjQub7yI.png

Were you expecting a modicum of rust?
xxx
xxx
1 2 3 4 5 6