Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | thoughts about the announcement
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 42 43
this isn't a political issue by the way, the only reason things like racism, homophobia, misogyny, other human rights issues keep getting lumped into politics is because some people ascribe mistreating others to political beliefs. it isn't really an exception that staff is addressing this topic and letting us discuss it, its just not a genuine political issue
this isn't a political issue by the way, the only reason things like racism, homophobia, misogyny, other human rights issues keep getting lumped into politics is because some people ascribe mistreating others to political beliefs. it isn't really an exception that staff is addressing this topic and letting us discuss it, its just not a genuine political issue
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
[quote name="unidra" date="2020-06-03 11:21:26" ] I did not think I could like this game more. I did not expect Flight Rising to say anything, but I am so glad they did. [/quote] Thank you staff. Your voices add to the chorus of those fighting oppression. I'm proud to be a part of a site and community such as this one.
unidra wrote on 2020-06-03 11:21:26:
I did not think I could like this game more. I did not expect Flight Rising to say anything, but I am so glad they did.
Thank you staff. Your voices add to the chorus of those fighting oppression. I'm proud to be a part of a site and community such as this one.
td9UiZS.png
Brava to the staff in taking a stand! Remaining neutral at a time like this is unfathomable.
Brava to the staff in taking a stand! Remaining neutral at a time like this is unfathomable.
as someone in one of the affected cities, my heart goes out to everyone hurting from the brutality of our law enforcement and the callousness of those in power. from one portlandian to any others reading this - don't EVER forget to do your part. even if you can't protest or clean, every dollar towards blm counts.

i don't know what else to say that hasn't already been said, so...thank you and bless you, staff.

black lives matter. never forget.
as someone in one of the affected cities, my heart goes out to everyone hurting from the brutality of our law enforcement and the callousness of those in power. from one portlandian to any others reading this - don't EVER forget to do your part. even if you can't protest or clean, every dollar towards blm counts.

i don't know what else to say that hasn't already been said, so...thank you and bless you, staff.

black lives matter. never forget.
61808682.png 62036853.png
KwxLkEj.pngpZJYyk4.pngkCHWEjf.png
JMBy38q.pngEE2umbT.pngcv7JulL.png
This was by far the most straightforward and heartfelt announcement I have seen so far by any online figure or developer I follow. I'm really proud of the Staff for what they do and how they do it. Stay safe, peeps.
This was by far the most straightforward and heartfelt announcement I have seen so far by any online figure or developer I follow. I'm really proud of the Staff for what they do and how they do it. Stay safe, peeps.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Thank you staff [emoji=heart size=1] Y'all are amazing and brave to stand up and cry out for justice like that, and though I respect people who feel like their safe space here has dissolved a little bit, I for one, am proud that the people running this site will not tolerate racism. Black lives mater!
Thank you staff Y'all are amazing and brave to stand up and cry out for justice like that, and though I respect people who feel like their safe space here has dissolved a little bit, I for one, am proud that the people running this site will not tolerate racism.

Black lives mater!
[url=]1652fdc72ef71234a94d34e429764b40b6617d5e.gif[/url[/url][url=]9b8fcd0424cd75bc1bc1ce191ffc06e40e8aae3f.gif[/url[/url][url=]16935163e51ed6b94be9adce86310a2065d99c43.gif[/url]
While I will miss the celebratory atmosphere of the anniversary, I agree that current affairs are more important, and needed to be addressed. I fully support the decision of the staff, and I'm glad to see Flight Rising stand with justice and equality.

Black lives matter.
While I will miss the celebratory atmosphere of the anniversary, I agree that current affairs are more important, and needed to be addressed. I fully support the decision of the staff, and I'm glad to see Flight Rising stand with justice and equality.

Black lives matter.
When you have the kind of reach that FR does - able to reach tens of thousands of people with an announcement like this - it speaks to the staff's integrity that they didn't stay silent or come out with some short, half-baked platitudes in support of the movement. Thank you, staff. Any word on a donation drive? I don't know if that's possible with how nonprofits function, but I think it'd be a great move on their part.

For anyone uncomfortable with the announcement - this is a fraction of the discomfort that Black people in many countries experience on a daily basis. If it upsets you, take a break, don't look at the forums. There is no reason for you to bring attention to your personal discomfort in a thread that is otherwise supportive of the rightful decision of the admins to speak out in favor of the BLM movement. It's tone deaf and frankly unneeded, imo.
When you have the kind of reach that FR does - able to reach tens of thousands of people with an announcement like this - it speaks to the staff's integrity that they didn't stay silent or come out with some short, half-baked platitudes in support of the movement. Thank you, staff. Any word on a donation drive? I don't know if that's possible with how nonprofits function, but I think it'd be a great move on their part.

For anyone uncomfortable with the announcement - this is a fraction of the discomfort that Black people in many countries experience on a daily basis. If it upsets you, take a break, don't look at the forums. There is no reason for you to bring attention to your personal discomfort in a thread that is otherwise supportive of the rightful decision of the admins to speak out in favor of the BLM movement. It's tone deaf and frankly unneeded, imo.
they/them • 27 • FR+0

did Atropos even know you had a name?
or when she'd cut the line, that it would leave half my tale untold?

how could you leave half a tale untold?
fr really said **** white supremacy, we stan
fr really said **** white supremacy, we stan
shira // any pronouns // // +3 FR time
kirby.gif
Thank you staff for standing on the side of justice. Hopefully reform will come from all of us standing together.
Thank you staff for standing on the side of justice. Hopefully reform will come from all of us standing together.
rf2tsx4.pngZs5ariW.pngaJj1GZH.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 42 43