Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Raising a Family questions
1 2 3
[quote name="Exlann" date="2020-05-22 12:23:18" ] Adding to what others have said, here's the blurb of Emperor dragons in the Imperial page of the encyclopedia if you haven't read it yet! Wacky stuff [quote][b]Emperors[/b] ...These ghastly behemoths are a mindless monstrosity, fused from the bodies of fallen Imperials with some specimens known to have reached over 100 meters in length... [/quote] [/quote] i'm confused, if they're mindless how can this be canon?; [quote]It was a shame our mother and other siblings weren’t here for our reunion, but I was still pleased to have found what family I could.[/quote] a truly mindless creature couldn't be pleased about anything, let alone feel any sort of loyalty or affection towards its family or be able to recount their feelings of a past event. is it just inconsistency or am i just confused?
Exlann wrote on 2020-05-22 12:23:18:
Adding to what others have said, here's the blurb of Emperor dragons in the Imperial page of the encyclopedia if you haven't read it yet! Wacky stuff
Quote:
Emperors
...These ghastly behemoths are a mindless monstrosity, fused from the bodies of fallen Imperials with some specimens known to have reached over 100 meters in length...

i'm confused, if they're mindless how can this be canon?;
Quote:
It was a shame our mother and other siblings weren’t here for our reunion, but I was still pleased to have found what family I could.

a truly mindless creature couldn't be pleased about anything, let alone feel any sort of loyalty or affection towards its family or be able to recount their feelings of a past event. is it just inconsistency or am i just confused?
@Cranberries [quote name="Cranberries" date="2020-12-01 14:45:30" ] a truly mindless creature couldn't be pleased about anything, let alone feel any sort of loyalty or affection towards its family or be able to recount their feelings of a past event. is it just inconsistency or am i just confused? [/quote] As I said earlier on this topic. "The thoughts of the creature in the beginning I take as a rotting mind, that has been long dead and souls have passed on, trying to make sense of what has happened to it. It doesn't understand what it is, or what it is doing. It sees it only as playing and eating, when it is destroying everything around it and devouring dragons." It's not a sapient creature, just the dead brain trying to make sense of its surroundings. It's not real thought, just an imitation of it. Like how your own brain tires to make sense of dreams. That its just animated flesh and not an actual thing with a spirit would still make it essentially a mindless abomination. A zombie trying to do things mimicking what it's brain says it used to do isn't an actual individual.
@Cranberries
Cranberries wrote on 2020-12-01 14:45:30:
a truly mindless creature couldn't be pleased about anything, let alone feel any sort of loyalty or affection towards its family or be able to recount their feelings of a past event. is it just inconsistency or am i just confused?

As I said earlier on this topic.

"The thoughts of the creature in the beginning I take as a rotting mind, that has been long dead and souls have passed on, trying to make sense of what has happened to it. It doesn't understand what it is, or what it is doing. It sees it only as playing and eating, when it is destroying everything around it and devouring dragons."

It's not a sapient creature, just the dead brain trying to make sense of its surroundings. It's not real thought, just an imitation of it. Like how your own brain tires to make sense of dreams. That its just animated flesh and not an actual thing with a spirit would still make it essentially a mindless abomination. A zombie trying to do things mimicking what it's brain says it used to do isn't an actual individual.
4QFtgPW.png
@Reilata I see, it seems I was just confused on the meaning of 'mindless'. that was very helpful, thanks!
@Reilata I see, it seems I was just confused on the meaning of 'mindless'. that was very helpful, thanks!
1 2 3