Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Holy Lightweaver thanks Undel
1 2
Woah! HUGE thank you to Undel, madsniper, the skin team and just the FR Dev Team in general for this QoL improvement! Y'all are amazing!
Woah! HUGE thank you to Undel, madsniper, the skin team and just the FR Dev Team in general for this QoL improvement! Y'all are amazing!
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
Oh I love this, thank ya'll very much for the update.

It also really puts into perspective that i dont make skins for anything but gaolers and imp boys, seeing them all together TwT
Oh I love this, thank ya'll very much for the update.

It also really puts into perspective that i dont make skins for anything but gaolers and imp boys, seeing them all together TwT
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
Thanks madsniper. You suffered for our sins skins
[quote name="Undel" date="2020-05-13 20:14:09" ] We're glad everyone's enjoying it! To be fair, the credit for this goes to our skin team, particularly @/madsniper, who's been working diligently on tagging our back catalogue since the game database released! [/quote] massive thanks to madsniper, what an absolute legend [s]does this mean we might be able to filter using GASP-like tags in the future? :O[/s]
Undel wrote on 2020-05-13 20:14:09:
We're glad everyone's enjoying it! To be fair, the credit for this goes to our skin team, particularly @/madsniper, who's been working diligently on tagging our back catalogue since the game database released!

massive thanks to madsniper, what an absolute legend

does this mean we might be able to filter using GASP-like tags in the future? :O
__________.____
plague_banner.png

MUYNhfy.png_iDFl61R.png
JvUa9ma.png_WKtl2lb.png
plagueshieldr.png
this is a really great feature!! makes it a lot easier to find skins by users with short names lol

any chance of adding an option to search by artist in the skins section of the AH in the future? i feel like a lot of artists would enjoy being able to see how much their creations are selling for :3
this is a really great feature!! makes it a lot easier to find skins by users with short names lol

any chance of adding an option to search by artist in the skins section of the AH in the future? i feel like a lot of artists would enjoy being able to see how much their creations are selling for :3
~~~~~~~
my naym is eef
and wen its day
and wen the ywen
is gonne awaye
and all the cats
hav gonn desyrt
i lye on ground
i eet the dirt
~ a vertical line that looks like the side of a speech bubblea pixel of a stone/beige/brown tundra wearing dark cloth and various jewelry
Somehow the extensive work and size of this project completely missed me, it was chucked right at me and just flew by my head. The realisation was worth it tho, thanks for pointing it out, the Staff really did a great job!
Somehow the extensive work and size of this project completely missed me, it was chucked right at me and just flew by my head. The realisation was worth it tho, thanks for pointing it out, the Staff really did a great job!
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="Tuatara" date="2020-05-13 22:09:44" ] Thanks madsniper. You suffered for our sins skins [/quote] thank you very much, i'm just getting to decorating my dragons and this will make it a lot easier
Tuatara wrote on 2020-05-13 22:09:44:

thank you very much, i'm just getting to decorating my dragons and this will make it a lot easier
[quote name="@Darkfeather" date="2020-05-13 17:48:46" ] Thing is you could already search by artist by putting the artist’s name in the description box. That’s how I was doing it. It’s great they did this but I feel like they kind of wasted their time. [/quote] I gotta correct this, sorry. Doing it that way - by searching skin descriptions for artist's names - actually [i]doesn't[/i] guarantee you'll see all of their skins. Basically, when a skin artist changes their username, the descriptions for all their already-published accents doesn't update with them, instead continuing to read the username they had when it was published (unless they contact one of the skin/accent admins to request it be updated). Using the UN of an accent artist runs a good chance you'll miss older or newer publications of theirs if they've changed their UN at any point. This new feature lets you search by [i]ID[/i] instead, which means that no matter how many UN changes the artist has gone through and what the item descriptions are displaying, you're guaranteed to get [i]all[/i] their skins and accents.
@Darkfeather wrote on 2020-05-13 17:48:46:
Thing is you could already search by artist by putting the artist’s name in the description box. That’s how I was doing it.

It’s great they did this but I feel like they kind of wasted their time.
I gotta correct this, sorry. Doing it that way - by searching skin descriptions for artist's names - actually doesn't guarantee you'll see all of their skins. Basically, when a skin artist changes their username, the descriptions for all their already-published accents doesn't update with them, instead continuing to read the username they had when it was published (unless they contact one of the skin/accent admins to request it be updated). Using the UN of an accent artist runs a good chance you'll miss older or newer publications of theirs if they've changed their UN at any point.

This new feature lets you search by ID instead, which means that no matter how many UN changes the artist has gone through and what the item descriptions are displaying, you're guaranteed to get all their skins and accents.
Esme, a very red and Plague-themed Skydancer. A medallion depicting the Plaguebringer in profile.
Incredible work! I'm just inputted a skin I liked, and found out the user made over 100+ other skins. This is definitely fun to flip through the catalog.
Incredible work! I'm just inputted a skin I liked, and found out the user made over 100+ other skins. This is definitely fun to flip through the catalog.
@swiftishere

I admit I didn’t think of a user changing their name. My bad I guess?
@swiftishere

I admit I didn’t think of a user changing their name. My bad I guess?
S8j1uIj.pngdarkfeather.pngUG8ccss.png
1 2