Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | glowtail got locked AGAIN??
1 2 3
I just checked up on glowtail and I was really sad to see it was locked again. It was a good gene and I didn't really have a ton of issues with it. There were some issues, which the staff listened to and fixed. Again, constructive criticism is fine, but a lot of comments in the thread leaned more towards bashing, even after the changes to the gene were made. I've always been proud of FR's community and this is kind of a disappointment to me. Unfortunately glowtail might not even be available to give to your dragons ever again, and it has a lot of potential. In the future, can we please be civil with these kinds of things? I don't have an issue with those giving criticism, and I don't want anyone to feel like I am bashing them. All I am saying is that some of the comments were overly cruel, to other users or the devs. I don't care if you like the gene or not, it's a matter of opinion and I don't care if yours is different than mine. All I ask is that we can be civil in voicing our opinions.
I just checked up on glowtail and I was really sad to see it was locked again. It was a good gene and I didn't really have a ton of issues with it. There were some issues, which the staff listened to and fixed. Again, constructive criticism is fine, but a lot of comments in the thread leaned more towards bashing, even after the changes to the gene were made. I've always been proud of FR's community and this is kind of a disappointment to me. Unfortunately glowtail might not even be available to give to your dragons ever again, and it has a lot of potential. In the future, can we please be civil with these kinds of things? I don't have an issue with those giving criticism, and I don't want anyone to feel like I am bashing them. All I am saying is that some of the comments were overly cruel, to other users or the devs. I don't care if you like the gene or not, it's a matter of opinion and I don't care if yours is different than mine. All I ask is that we can be civil in voicing our opinions.
saTxNdL.png
God yes. The artists are working so hard!
God yes. The artists are working so hard!
___________ 6346.png mlHpBMC.png
5BsilZ9.png
55xbf1H.png
E3nmoMt.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
pO8B2fr.png 6346.png
WKtl2lb.png[/url][nextcol]
pO8B2fr.png[nextcol]6346.png[/columns]
Quote:
Hello everyone!

This thread is now locked. Targeted comments that are not constructive at all or comments that are disrespectful to someone for having an opinion or criticism you disagree with are not something we welcome. Unfortunately this thread has moved towards the latter, and despite pruning and reminders it’s not getting back on track.
Quote:
Hello everyone!

This thread is now locked. Targeted comments that are not constructive at all or comments that are disrespectful to someone for having an opinion or criticism you disagree with are not something we welcome. Unfortunately this thread has moved towards the latter, and despite pruning and reminders it’s not getting back on track.
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
Wait what? The gene is still available in the MP as far as I can tell.
Wait what? The gene is still available in the MP as far as I can tell.
td9UiZS.png
I agree. Honestly, a gene I don't like existing is NOT a big deal and I have no idea why anyone could possibly be so angry about it.

If you look through my lair you can tell what my preferences are, gene-wise, and I've never made a post criticizing a gene in my life. My least favorite genes are not even art-related, it's just whatever fits my aesthetic or not.

People calling the gene "lazy", or any gene that, kind of enrage me.

Minimalism is great. I LOVE Glowtail. I can't think of a use for it yet, but I LOVE IT.

It's not lazy to have something simple and clean. Not every aesthetic thing that is released has to be some Michaelangelo level stuff.

Someone called Firefly lazy?? Firefly is NEAT. It's perfect if your tert is yellow, and it's a great addition to a nature-y or mystical dragon aesthetic. There is no reason to be mean-spirited about your dislike for something. I don't like Keel, but I've seen people do some COOL stuff with it. The artists are doing great and they shouldn't be bashed like this.
I agree. Honestly, a gene I don't like existing is NOT a big deal and I have no idea why anyone could possibly be so angry about it.

If you look through my lair you can tell what my preferences are, gene-wise, and I've never made a post criticizing a gene in my life. My least favorite genes are not even art-related, it's just whatever fits my aesthetic or not.

People calling the gene "lazy", or any gene that, kind of enrage me.

Minimalism is great. I LOVE Glowtail. I can't think of a use for it yet, but I LOVE IT.

It's not lazy to have something simple and clean. Not every aesthetic thing that is released has to be some Michaelangelo level stuff.

Someone called Firefly lazy?? Firefly is NEAT. It's perfect if your tert is yellow, and it's a great addition to a nature-y or mystical dragon aesthetic. There is no reason to be mean-spirited about your dislike for something. I don't like Keel, but I've seen people do some COOL stuff with it. The artists are doing great and they shouldn't be bashed like this.
nZzzLxJ.png Horror aesthetic/lore lair
Weird goblin hermit
She/Her
.......................... Massive Horror fan
Gamer
Writer
zwGyDvx.png
Come on
Maybe I decided not to be grumpy last time

Not this time. Grumpy
Come on
Maybe I decided not to be grumpy last time

Not this time. Grumpy
Jd88XNq.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
@grimoireblack

firefly is also nice when a dragon's tert clashes with their other colors!
@grimoireblack

firefly is also nice when a dragon's tert clashes with their other colors!
jotaro-kid.gif
@HighHighHopes indeed.
@HighHighHopes indeed.
saTxNdL.png

Honestly im not surprised it got locked again. I knew people would continue to bash. Some people just don’t know when to stop. I hope next time the devs release something new people are nicer and will respect the hard work the devs put into this game.

Honestly im not surprised it got locked again. I knew people would continue to bash. Some people just don’t know when to stop. I hope next time the devs release something new people are nicer and will respect the hard work the devs put into this game.
My Socials
xwB9bSB.png6khVAbB.gif6Ih9zpY.pngTQeV2rb.png 2g77a1u.pngu7aSN3D.png0LVcGsI.png
wx97r8g.pngbisexual_by_agent_pits-d88d9bm.pngfemale_by_agent_pits-d8ebynk.png she_her_by_agent_pits-d88i5w4.png
:-/ another one of these threads.... can we just move on the critique y'all might be interpreting as bashing seems pretty constructive to me, though some of the more colorful things probably got pruned, but I just speak from general experience throughout this event when reading the forums. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2857257]I reference this thread when differentiating critique and bashing.[/url] people who critique the game only do so because they love it. a game needs criticism and communication between devs and players because that's the best way for it to improve. us shouting "hooray" at updates that are lackluster would let staff settle into a sense of complacency and overall quality would diminish. and finally [quote]This thread is now locked. [b]Targeted comments that are [i]not constructive[/i] at all or comments that are [i]disrespectful to someone for having an opinion[/i] or criticism you disagree with are not something we welcome.[/b] Unfortunately this thread has moved towards the latter, and despite pruning and reminders it’s not getting back on track. ... There were always be more genes in the future. Our design goals include providing a variety of genes and looks, and we understand that not every gene is going to land with everyone. That being said, we do want our genes to land with the majority. [b]Constructive criticism and reporting bugs or errors is important to the continued development of the game[/b] and are always welcome.[/quote] oh yea and let me just edit one more quote in rq from the linked thread above [quote]This bashing of criticism includes these purposefully spiteful 'positivity' threads that often shade users criticizing, often made by the same users each time.[/quote] :-/
:-/ another one of these threads.... can we just move on

the critique y'all might be interpreting as bashing seems pretty constructive to me, though some of the more colorful things probably got pruned, but I just speak from general experience throughout this event when reading the forums. I reference this thread when differentiating critique and bashing.

people who critique the game only do so because they love it. a game needs criticism and communication between devs and players because that's the best way for it to improve. us shouting "hooray" at updates that are lackluster would let staff settle into a sense of complacency and overall quality would diminish.

and finally
Quote:

There were always be more genes in the future. Our design goals include providing a variety of genes and looks, and we understand that not every gene is going to land with everyone. That being said, we do want our genes to land with the majority. Constructive criticism and reporting bugs or errors is important to the continued development of the game and are always welcome.

oh yea and let me just edit one more quote in rq from the linked thread above
Quote:
This bashing of criticism includes these purposefully spiteful 'positivity' threads that often shade users criticizing, often made by the same users each time.

:-/
xx
xx
qYzjE0OH_o.gif xx ROLYO / FR +2 / blood in the water, my love
ABOUT COMMISSIONS LINKS
1 2 3