Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What is holding us back from having BGs?
1 2 3 4 5 6
This talk about backgrounds makes me think back on an avatar site I no longer log into and all the layering woes.

If we got them, I'd probably use them on dragons whose gene combo is too nice to cover up with apparel. Colour matching would likely be a pain though XD
This talk about backgrounds makes me think back on an avatar site I no longer log into and all the layering woes.

If we got them, I'd probably use them on dragons whose gene combo is too nice to cover up with apparel. Colour matching would likely be a pain though XD
i guess it probably has something to do with the fact that dragon images are all 350x350 and it's such a tight fit that a ton of things like halos get their glow effect awkwardly cut off at the edge, which would be more painfully obvious with a background art behind them. so the same reason they can't do dark mode, more or less.

or maybe they just don't want to for whatever reason. another one of those "it's our vision" things.
i guess it probably has something to do with the fact that dragon images are all 350x350 and it's such a tight fit that a ton of things like halos get their glow effect awkwardly cut off at the edge, which would be more painfully obvious with a background art behind them. so the same reason they can't do dark mode, more or less.

or maybe they just don't want to for whatever reason. another one of those "it's our vision" things.
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
[quote name="Ragnarok42" date="2020-04-10 17:50:26" ] i guess it probably has something to do with the fact that dragon images are all 350x350 and it's such a tight fit that a ton of things like halos get their glow effect awkwardly cut off at the edge, which would be more painfully obvious with a background art behind them. so the same reason they can't do dark mode, more or less. or maybe they just don't want to for whatever reason. another one of those "it's our vision" things. [/quote] Just wanted to say, according to the latest Q&A stuff, it seems like the reason they don't do dark mode is that the site coding is a mess and literally won't support dark mode, plus, since they are in the midst of coding half the pages (more or less), it wouldn't make sense to make something like themes work with that code, when it just has to be updated. It sounds like they are actually thinking about doing dark mode, or themes at least, in the future, but just can't right now due to the underlying coding.
Ragnarok42 wrote on 2020-04-10 17:50:26:

Just wanted to say, according to the latest Q&A stuff, it seems like the reason they don't do dark mode is that the site coding is a mess and literally won't support dark mode, plus, since they are in the midst of coding half the pages (more or less), it wouldn't make sense to make something like themes work with that code, when it just has to be updated.

It sounds like they are actually thinking about doing dark mode, or themes at least, in the future, but just can't right now due to the underlying coding.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="xiq" date="2020-04-08 14:41:18" ] my wallet said no [/quote] period
xiq wrote on 2020-04-08 14:41:18:
my wallet said no

period
hey im ilo ! remember to always take a break and drink some water
I called it!!!!!!!
I called it!!!!!!!
lant.gif lant.gif
Congratulations. :)
Congratulations. :)
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
@Kom
GG
IT HAPPENED
@Kom
GG
IT HAPPENED
And if a silence filled the air do you think that anyone would even care? Would they be aware... of the mounting snow...
r/agedlikewine

@Kom
Well done! Indeed, as you pointed out, a well-received and much-needed update hah
r/agedlikewine

@Kom
Well done! Indeed, as you pointed out, a well-received and much-needed update hah
1 2 3 4 5 6