Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What is holding us back from having BGs?
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="nohsara" date="2020-04-09 10:12:32" ] Could be an aesthetic choice, or it could be that even though technically it might be simple to integrate into the dragon page, they would have to create a whole new item type (assuming they don't just include it it "apparel") and it might take awhile to figure out how that whole system will work (where it will go in the hoard, what the icons will look like, where it can be acquired, how rare it is, how much it costs, etc). And assuming that that does all take awhile, it might just not be a priority for them when they're focusing on other things like new breeds, genes, apparel, map update, and QoL improvements [/quote] One of the first times I saw backgrounds brought up, a long time ago, I swear someone said that the FR team HAD mentioned backgrounds, but that they (the FR team) didn't want to add them as they wanted the dragon to be the focal point of the page, and not the background image. That maybe true, but if it is, I sort of feel that ship has sailed with the release of the invisibility cloak, where you can make the dragon completely disappear on the page.
nohsara wrote on 2020-04-09 10:12:32:
Could be an aesthetic choice, or it could be that even though technically it might be simple to integrate into the dragon page, they would have to create a whole new item type (assuming they don't just include it it "apparel") and it might take awhile to figure out how that whole system will work (where it will go in the hoard, what the icons will look like, where it can be acquired, how rare it is, how much it costs, etc). And assuming that that does all take awhile, it might just not be a priority for them when they're focusing on other things like new breeds, genes, apparel, map update, and QoL improvements
One of the first times I saw backgrounds brought up, a long time ago, I swear someone said that the FR team HAD mentioned backgrounds, but that they (the FR team) didn't want to add them as they wanted the dragon to be the focal point of the page, and not the background image.

That maybe true, but if it is, I sort of feel that ship has sailed with the release of the invisibility cloak, where you can make the dragon completely disappear on the page.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I would honestly like FR a lot less if we had backgrounds, I love that the main point of page is the dragon and there's nothing covering it up.
I would honestly like FR a lot less if we had backgrounds, I love that the main point of page is the dragon and there's nothing covering it up.
Honestly I'm just about ready to draw them myself if they cant do it. But at the same time if the backgrounds don't meet the player base's expectations or are gem only, there could be a huge pile of complaints that could ruin the site's reputation of being quite currency friendly (as in every player can obtain rare and valuable items without spending a bunch of irl money).

IF the exalt art shows their background art style/skill then I imagine there wont be any complaints.

Ugh but at the same time if it's a full image it could get VERY cluttered with apparel and all. Maybe if it's low opacity or half faded?
Honestly I'm just about ready to draw them myself if they cant do it. But at the same time if the backgrounds don't meet the player base's expectations or are gem only, there could be a huge pile of complaints that could ruin the site's reputation of being quite currency friendly (as in every player can obtain rare and valuable items without spending a bunch of irl money).

IF the exalt art shows their background art style/skill then I imagine there wont be any complaints.

Ugh but at the same time if it's a full image it could get VERY cluttered with apparel and all. Maybe if it's low opacity or half faded?
Pressiboo #157888

8+ fr time
[quote name="Sinnabelle" date="2020-04-08 15:32:29" ] [quote name="BlobfishLord" date="2020-04-08 15:28:18" ] [quote name="Boosco" date="2020-04-08 15:11:52" ] if we give them backgrounds theyll simply walk off into them and escape. its better this way [/quote] i love this [/quote] This is probably how Tidelord left us. His avatar is a bubbly background after all.. :thonking: [/quote] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/586675089357930516/697566503301677136/HYPERTHONK.png[/img]
Sinnabelle wrote on 2020-04-08 15:32:29:
BlobfishLord wrote on 2020-04-08 15:28:18:
Boosco wrote on 2020-04-08 15:11:52:
if we give them backgrounds theyll simply walk off into them and escape. its better this way
i love this
This is probably how Tidelord left us. His avatar is a bubbly background after all.. :thonking:

HYPERTHONK.png

t

t
system (plural) 1 hour ahead of FR time
gear system • he/it collectively
resident roblox nerds & goobers
we hoard collect third wheels
art shop art dump
hello everybody
my name is Markiplier
and welcome to
five nights at freddy's
it’s probably unlikely tbh, but i wouldn’t complain if they added them. i’d love a new way to pretty up my dragons :d
it’s probably unlikely tbh, but i wouldn’t complain if they added them. i’d love a new way to pretty up my dragons :d
tumblr_inline_oopznbhmvJ1u5ynwc_540.pngvee | it/its | +3 FR time | PWYW arttumblr_inline_oopznbhmvJ1u5ynwc_540.png
CDEDBE49-F090-441-B-9239-31-F580-D3992-B.png
p3Lr8aR.pngACOZFAh.pngrQfqxOq.png
1YB0OjO.pngrI18gRz.png7Iu4Ec0.png
Landscapes would look pretty friccing weird in the Coli
Landscapes would look pretty friccing weird in the Coli
*hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock**hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock**hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock**hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock**hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock**hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock**hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a
I do think it would make lair pages way too visually busy. A nice compromise might be that they only show when you click the dragon (which would make the lair page more like a registry, while the individaul dragon's page is more like actually checking in on the dragon).
I do think it would make lair pages way too visually busy. A nice compromise might be that they only show when you click the dragon (which would make the lair page more like a registry, while the individaul dragon's page is more like actually checking in on the dragon).
HdmxfuE.png
pixil-frame-0271.png
eswSnrS.png
pixil-frame-0272.png
Need a Light nest?

Always happy to host for food / apparel
/ Baldwin mats when I have space!
LOR2.png
I think maybe one of the reasons backgrounds haven't happened yet is because it's entirely new stuff, like brand new, it's not like making more apparel or new familiars, or adding another page to the Trading Post. It will require new source code and adjustments, and the staff has stated they want to prioritize fixing all the stuff we already have first.

I'm sure it's coming because other than changes to the base code, it's just a matter of including a few pictures; maybe they want to combine the release with another major feature, like an interactive garden or a pile of treasure?
I think maybe one of the reasons backgrounds haven't happened yet is because it's entirely new stuff, like brand new, it's not like making more apparel or new familiars, or adding another page to the Trading Post. It will require new source code and adjustments, and the staff has stated they want to prioritize fixing all the stuff we already have first.

I'm sure it's coming because other than changes to the base code, it's just a matter of including a few pictures; maybe they want to combine the release with another major feature, like an interactive garden or a pile of treasure?
tumblr_inline_o38xqzuDbi1ts73zp_540.pngGeoPFHZ.png__tDeKDnH.png__L5A1mcs.png
If folks want backgrounds, I totally understand.... but honestly? The heavy use of backgrounds/background items usually marks the point where these kind of games stop being fun, in my experience (for example- Gaiaonline these days). Not saying they couldn't find a way to make it work- I'm just a little jaded.
If folks want backgrounds, I totally understand.... but honestly? The heavy use of backgrounds/background items usually marks the point where these kind of games stop being fun, in my experience (for example- Gaiaonline these days). Not saying they couldn't find a way to make it work- I'm just a little jaded.
Ooh, backgrounds? That would be nice- even better would be backgrounds for our profile picture dragons! That white background...
Ooh, backgrounds? That would be nice- even better would be backgrounds for our profile picture dragons! That white background...
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
1 2 3 4 5 6