Flight Rising Discussion
Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Developer Stream Discussion Thread
1 2 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86
[quote name="doctorvar" date="2020-04-18 21:31:38" ] [center][img]https://i.postimg.cc/HLZQZHKK/Screenshot-2020-04-18-at-8-13-59-PM.png[/img] Please bring back the butterfly wings! [/quote] Not a real big fan of the design of this dragon so far, but I love these wings. Definitely bring back these wings. *A* Also, just my two cents, but I don't think the hair fits if they're going for a more insect feel? It just feels hugely out of place (and makes the insect parts feel hugely out of place). I'm kind of hoping they will make the hair a tert gene. I really don't like how it hides so much of the dragon. If they keep the hair, the placement needs to be changed so more of the dragon's body can be seen. Otherwise we'll never see much of the primary designs, and that'd be a shame. There's been a couple of edits shown off in thread that help a lot with this. As for things I do like, I love the body shape of this dragon, head (and eyes), and all. Very slinky. Very different feeling from everything we have gotten so far. Not really getting the Pearlcatcher vibes everyone else is getting though. Also, I don't mean to come off so negative, but I love all the breeds we have so far, and I [i]want[/i] to like this one. But... I just cannot get behind that hair. Not with insect features. I think they should either go all in on the insect vibe, or ditch the insect parts to come up with something that goes better with the hair. It just feels like two completely clashing themes are trying to be smashed into one and it's hurting the overall design. To me, anyway. I respect that a lot of people are liking the design so far.
Quote:
Screenshot-2020-04-18-at-8-13-59-PM.png
Please bring back the butterfly wings!

Not a real big fan of the design of this dragon so far, but I love these wings. Definitely bring back these wings. *A*

Also, just my two cents, but I don't think the hair fits if they're going for a more insect feel? It just feels hugely out of place (and makes the insect parts feel hugely out of place). I'm kind of hoping they will make the hair a tert gene. I really don't like how it hides so much of the dragon. If they keep the hair, the placement needs to be changed so more of the dragon's body can be seen. Otherwise we'll never see much of the primary designs, and that'd be a shame. There's been a couple of edits shown off in thread that help a lot with this.

As for things I do like, I love the body shape of this dragon, head (and eyes), and all. Very slinky. Very different feeling from everything we have gotten so far. Not really getting the Pearlcatcher vibes everyone else is getting though.

Also, I don't mean to come off so negative, but I love all the breeds we have so far, and I want to like this one. But... I just cannot get behind that hair. Not with insect features. I think they should either go all in on the insect vibe, or ditch the insect parts to come up with something that goes better with the hair. It just feels like two completely clashing themes are trying to be smashed into one and it's hurting the overall design. To me, anyway. I respect that a lot of people are liking the design so far.
TyYgOYZ.png
Y'know what, this is an Arcane breed.
Y'know what, this is an Arcane breed.
LIKES TO GRANT WISHES:
Much easier if there's a wishlist
to be found.
I BUY RTT FODDER!
8,000T ea
9,000T ea for Windies
(PMs and PAs Welcome!)
SPACE PM ME FOR:
Murk/Beige/Spruce
Splash/White/Copper-Tarnish
[img]https://piskel-imgstore-b.appspot.com/img/300828f0-8752-11ea-9654-9d5734ddef56.gif[/img] I did some edits, sorry I'm new at this and don't know how to get this formatted very well. I made the eyes bigger but still elegant, and shaped the form of the snout to connect with the eye based on mammals. I elongated the face a bit and moved the mouth around a little. I also made the horns a bit taller, as it was bugging me. I raised the skull a smidge at the top of the head because it looked to me like a brain couldn't fit in there, but I tried not to lose the look! [color=blue]I haven't done art in awhile, please be nice to me! Anyone can do edits from what I've done to further expand on ideas!
300828f0-8752-11ea-9654-9d5734ddef56.gif
I did some edits, sorry I'm new at this and don't know how to get this formatted very well. I made the eyes bigger but still elegant, and shaped the form of the snout to connect with the eye based on mammals. I elongated the face a bit and moved the mouth around a little. I also made the horns a bit taller, as it was bugging me. I raised the skull a smidge at the top of the head because it looked to me like a brain couldn't fit in there, but I tried not to lose the look!
I haven't done art in awhile, please be nice to me!
Anyone can do edits from what I've done to further expand on ideas!
19153.png arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifAuthor Adoption Agency 21400.png
[quote name="NebulaDragon" date="2020-04-25 17:21:29" ] [img]https://piskel-imgstore-b.appspot.com/img/300828f0-8752-11ea-9654-9d5734ddef56.gif[/img] I did some edits, sorry I'm new at this and don't know how to get this formatted very well. I made the eyes bigger but still elegant, and shaped the form of the snout to connect with the eye based on mammals. I elongated the face a bit and moved the mouth around a little. I also made the horns a bit taller, as it was bugging me. I raised the skull a smidge at the top of the head because it looked to me like a brain couldn't fit in there, but I tried not to lose the look! [color=blue]I haven't done art in awhile, please be nice to me! Anyone can do edits from what I've done to further expand on ideas! [/quote] I haven't liked the majority of big-eye edits because they remind me too much of fae, but yours works out well. They're larger, but not buggy. You made them more visible without changing the feel of the dragon.
NebulaDragon wrote on 2020-04-25 17:21:29:
I did some edits, sorry I'm new at this and don't know how to get this formatted very well. I made the eyes bigger but still elegant, and shaped the form of the snout to connect with the eye based on mammals. I elongated the face a bit and moved the mouth around a little. I also made the horns a bit taller, as it was bugging me. I raised the skull a smidge at the top of the head because it looked to me like a brain couldn't fit in there, but I tried not to lose the look!

I haven't liked the majority of big-eye edits because they remind me too much of fae, but yours works out well. They're larger, but not buggy. You made them more visible without changing the feel of the dragon.
[quote name="ViperaUnion" date="2020-04-26 09:26:55" ] [quote name="NebulaDragon" date="2020-04-25 17:21:29" ] [img]https://piskel-imgstore-b.appspot.com/img/300828f0-8752-11ea-9654-9d5734ddef56.gif[/img] I did some edits, sorry I'm new at this and don't know how to get this formatted very well. I made the eyes bigger but still elegant, and shaped the form of the snout to connect with the eye based on mammals. I elongated the face a bit and moved the mouth around a little. I also made the horns a bit taller, as it was bugging me. I raised the skull a smidge at the top of the head because it looked to me like a brain couldn't fit in there, but I tried not to lose the look! [color=blue]I haven't done art in awhile, please be nice to me! Anyone can do edits from what I've done to further expand on ideas! [/quote] I haven't liked the majority of big-eye edits because they remind me too much of fae, but yours works out well. They're larger, but not buggy. You made them more visible without changing the feel of the dragon. [/quote] I like this edit a lot, and agree. The size of these eyes is a good middle ground - I personally don't like the large, fae-like eyes on this particular dragon.
ViperaUnion wrote on 2020-04-26 09:26:55:
NebulaDragon wrote on 2020-04-25 17:21:29:

I haven't liked the majority of big-eye edits because they remind me too much of fae, but yours works out well. They're larger, but not buggy. You made them more visible without changing the feel of the dragon.
I like this edit a lot, and agree. The size of these eyes is a good middle ground - I personally don't like the large, fae-like eyes on this particular dragon.
FU7AoNm.gif
Tbh I think bigger insect-like eyes may not fit as much because maybe it’s not an insect look, but a fairy/fae look, which could also be a reason for all the flowing, pretty hair.
Tbh I think bigger insect-like eyes may not fit as much because maybe it’s not an insect look, but a fairy/fae look, which could also be a reason for all the flowing, pretty hair.
MQ0Nh.gif
I'm liking this design so far! I do see a couple anatomy things that seem a little odd that I'd like to point out though, the main one being the way the neck's twisted. With the way the hair's falling from the (dragon's) right side of it's head over the left side of it's body makes it look like it's neck is twisted around to the (dragon's) right, then crossing over it's back to look behind it and almost slightly to the left, which feels pretty odd to me. There also doesn't see to be much depth to the area where the neck's curved, which to me makes it feel less curved and more sharply bent/kind of broken. I tried editing it to show what I'm talking about- original- [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/518694823432028182/708619770001621002/trytryagain.png[/img] edit- altered the hair so that the hair from it's head falls around the neck a little better and behind the body instead of over it [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/518694823432028182/708619765341618307/trytryagainedit.png[/img] Something about curve of the spine and way the tail is attached and bent seems a bit off too, though it's a bit harder for me to figure out. I tried sketching over it to make it feel a bit smoother. (I also like the idea of having the wings raised a bit that some other people have mentioned.) [s]sorry if it's a mess, i did it at like 5 in the morning[/s] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/518694823432028182/708619746085699594/trytryagainedit_2.png[/img] I like the eyes in the current version, but I also like NebulaDragon's edit since it makes them a bit more visible while keeping the same feel, which would be pretty cool since we have eye types now. Most of them are kind of hard to see on several existing breeds as adults.
I'm liking this design so far! I do see a couple anatomy things that seem a little odd that I'd like to point out though, the main one being the way the neck's twisted. With the way the hair's falling from the (dragon's) right side of it's head over the left side of it's body makes it look like it's neck is twisted around to the (dragon's) right, then crossing over it's back to look behind it and almost slightly to the left, which feels pretty odd to me. There also doesn't see to be much depth to the area where the neck's curved, which to me makes it feel less curved and more sharply bent/kind of broken. I tried editing it to show what I'm talking about-
original-
trytryagain.png
edit- altered the hair so that the hair from it's head falls around the neck a little better and behind the body instead of over it
trytryagainedit.png

Something about curve of the spine and way the tail is attached and bent seems a bit off too, though it's a bit harder for me to figure out. I tried sketching over it to make it feel a bit smoother. (I also like the idea of having the wings raised a bit that some other people have mentioned.)
sorry if it's a mess, i did it at like 5 in the morning
trytryagainedit_2.png

I like the eyes in the current version, but I also like NebulaDragon's edit since it makes them a bit more visible while keeping the same feel, which would be pretty cool since we have eye types now. Most of them are kind of hard to see on several existing breeds as adults.
[quote name="TheRunawayRaven" date="2020-05-09 17:23:02" ] edit- altered the hair so that the hair from it's head falls around the neck a little better and behind the body instead of over it [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/518694823432028182/708619765341618307/trytryagainedit.png[/img] Something about curve of the spine and way the tail is attached and bent seems a bit off too, though it's a bit harder for me to figure out. I tried sketching over it to make it feel a bit smoother. (I also like the idea of having the wings raised a bit that some other people have mentioned.) [s]sorry if it's a mess, i did it at like 5 in the morning[/s] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/518694823432028182/708619746085699594/trytryagainedit_2.png[/img] I like the eyes in the current version, but I also like NebulaDragon's edit since it makes them a bit more visible while keeping the same feel, which would be pretty cool since we have eye types now. Most of them are kind of hard to see on several existing breeds as adults. [/quote] Oh my goodness! My eyes feel rested when I look at TheRunawayRaven's version; spectacular! Also thank you all for the support on my eye edit, anyone can use it for their own edits!
TheRunawayRaven wrote on 2020-05-09 17:23:02:
edit- altered the hair so that the hair from it's head falls around the neck a little better and behind the body instead of over it
trytryagainedit.png

Something about curve of the spine and way the tail is attached and bent seems a bit off too, though it's a bit harder for me to figure out. I tried sketching over it to make it feel a bit smoother. (I also like the idea of having the wings raised a bit that some other people have mentioned.)
sorry if it's a mess, i did it at like 5 in the morning
trytryagainedit_2.png

I like the eyes in the current version, but I also like NebulaDragon's edit since it makes them a bit more visible while keeping the same feel, which would be pretty cool since we have eye types now. Most of them are kind of hard to see on several existing breeds as adults.
Oh my goodness! My eyes feel rested when I look at TheRunawayRaven's version; spectacular!
Also thank you all for the support on my eye edit, anyone can use it for their own edits!
19153.png arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifAuthor Adoption Agency 21400.png
If Undel were to fix the missing limbs and impossible staircase hair/broken neck, I think I'd have no qualms with buying this ancient. Even if the pose remains a little funky here and there, it's not quite as outstanding as missing body parts or a broken neck.

I also said this a few pages back but....I really, really don't like the eye edits. It makes the dragon less elegant and more unsettling to me, and larger eyes really seem better reserved for a different breed. Don't get me wrong, I'm frustrated with not being able to really see most eye types too, but larger eyes just don't really work on the hairy fairy dragon.

If Undel were to fix the missing limbs and impossible staircase hair/broken neck, I think I'd have no qualms with buying this ancient. Even if the pose remains a little funky here and there, it's not quite as outstanding as missing body parts or a broken neck.

I also said this a few pages back but....I really, really don't like the eye edits. It makes the dragon less elegant and more unsettling to me, and larger eyes really seem better reserved for a different breed. Don't get me wrong, I'm frustrated with not being able to really see most eye types too, but larger eyes just don't really work on the hairy fairy dragon.

E9EG3pT.png “...One thing you learn when you've lived as long as I have-people aren't all good, and people aren't all bad. We move in and out of darkness and light all of our lives. Right now, I'm pleased to be in the light.”
- Neal Shusterman, Unwind

Goetia-born | Accents | Art Shop | Hatchery | Toyhouse | Tumblr | DV
She/Her
FR+3
With the new ancient breed we can finally have our long horse fandragons
With the new ancient breed we can finally have our long horse fandragons
XDsaapB.png Cabin in the Woods Hatchery
Wishlist
Flight Rising World Records
FR +2
1 2 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86