Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Developer Stream Discussion Thread
1 2 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88
Tbh I think bigger insect-like eyes may not fit as much because maybe it’s not an insect look, but a fairy/fae look, which could also be a reason for all the flowing, pretty hair.
Tbh I think bigger insect-like eyes may not fit as much because maybe it’s not an insect look, but a fairy/fae look, which could also be a reason for all the flowing, pretty hair.
I'm liking this design so far! I do see a couple anatomy things that seem a little odd that I'd like to point out though, the main one being the way the neck's twisted. With the way the hair's falling from the (dragon's) right side of it's head over the left side of it's body makes it look like it's neck is twisted around to the (dragon's) right, then crossing over it's back to look behind it and almost slightly to the left, which feels pretty odd to me. There also doesn't see to be much depth to the area where the neck's curved, which to me makes it feel less curved and more sharply bent/kind of broken. I tried editing it to show what I'm talking about- original- [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/518694823432028182/708619770001621002/trytryagain.png[/img] edit- altered the hair so that the hair from it's head falls around the neck a little better and behind the body instead of over it [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/518694823432028182/708619765341618307/trytryagainedit.png[/img] Something about curve of the spine and way the tail is attached and bent seems a bit off too, though it's a bit harder for me to figure out. I tried sketching over it to make it feel a bit smoother. (I also like the idea of having the wings raised a bit that some other people have mentioned.) [s]sorry if it's a mess, i did it at like 5 in the morning[/s] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/518694823432028182/708619746085699594/trytryagainedit_2.png[/img] I like the eyes in the current version, but I also like NebulaDragon's edit since it makes them a bit more visible while keeping the same feel, which would be pretty cool since we have eye types now. Most of them are kind of hard to see on several existing breeds as adults.
I'm liking this design so far! I do see a couple anatomy things that seem a little odd that I'd like to point out though, the main one being the way the neck's twisted. With the way the hair's falling from the (dragon's) right side of it's head over the left side of it's body makes it look like it's neck is twisted around to the (dragon's) right, then crossing over it's back to look behind it and almost slightly to the left, which feels pretty odd to me. There also doesn't see to be much depth to the area where the neck's curved, which to me makes it feel less curved and more sharply bent/kind of broken. I tried editing it to show what I'm talking about-
original-
trytryagain.png
edit- altered the hair so that the hair from it's head falls around the neck a little better and behind the body instead of over it
trytryagainedit.png

Something about curve of the spine and way the tail is attached and bent seems a bit off too, though it's a bit harder for me to figure out. I tried sketching over it to make it feel a bit smoother. (I also like the idea of having the wings raised a bit that some other people have mentioned.)
sorry if it's a mess, i did it at like 5 in the morning
trytryagainedit_2.png

I like the eyes in the current version, but I also like NebulaDragon's edit since it makes them a bit more visible while keeping the same feel, which would be pretty cool since we have eye types now. Most of them are kind of hard to see on several existing breeds as adults.
+3 FR Time
[url=]Art Shop![/url] (*under reconstruction)
Art trades (open!)

Tumblr (most active)
Insta
Artfight
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
FRSSAT2020_Banner_Btn.png
[quote name="TheRunawayRaven" date="2020-05-09 17:23:02" ] edit- altered the hair so that the hair from it's head falls around the neck a little better and behind the body instead of over it [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/518694823432028182/708619765341618307/trytryagainedit.png[/img] Something about curve of the spine and way the tail is attached and bent seems a bit off too, though it's a bit harder for me to figure out. I tried sketching over it to make it feel a bit smoother. (I also like the idea of having the wings raised a bit that some other people have mentioned.) [s]sorry if it's a mess, i did it at like 5 in the morning[/s] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/518694823432028182/708619746085699594/trytryagainedit_2.png[/img] I like the eyes in the current version, but I also like NebulaDragon's edit since it makes them a bit more visible while keeping the same feel, which would be pretty cool since we have eye types now. Most of them are kind of hard to see on several existing breeds as adults. [/quote] Oh my goodness! My eyes feel rested when I look at TheRunawayRaven's version; spectacular! Also thank you all for the support on my eye edit, anyone can use it for their own edits!
TheRunawayRaven wrote on 2020-05-09 17:23:02:
edit- altered the hair so that the hair from it's head falls around the neck a little better and behind the body instead of over it
trytryagainedit.png

Something about curve of the spine and way the tail is attached and bent seems a bit off too, though it's a bit harder for me to figure out. I tried sketching over it to make it feel a bit smoother. (I also like the idea of having the wings raised a bit that some other people have mentioned.)
sorry if it's a mess, i did it at like 5 in the morning
trytryagainedit_2.png

I like the eyes in the current version, but I also like NebulaDragon's edit since it makes them a bit more visible while keeping the same feel, which would be pretty cool since we have eye types now. Most of them are kind of hard to see on several existing breeds as adults.
Oh my goodness! My eyes feel rested when I look at TheRunawayRaven's version; spectacular!
Also thank you all for the support on my eye edit, anyone can use it for their own edits!
19153.png arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifAuthor Adoption Agency 21400.png
If Undel were to fix the missing limbs and impossible staircase hair/broken neck, I think I'd have no qualms with buying this ancient. Even if the pose remains a little funky here and there, it's not quite as outstanding as missing body parts or a broken neck.

I also said this a few pages back but....I really, really don't like the eye edits. It makes the dragon less elegant and more unsettling to me, and larger eyes really seem better reserved for a different breed. Don't get me wrong, I'm frustrated with not being able to really see most eye types too, but larger eyes just don't really work on the hairy fairy dragon.

If Undel were to fix the missing limbs and impossible staircase hair/broken neck, I think I'd have no qualms with buying this ancient. Even if the pose remains a little funky here and there, it's not quite as outstanding as missing body parts or a broken neck.

I also said this a few pages back but....I really, really don't like the eye edits. It makes the dragon less elegant and more unsettling to me, and larger eyes really seem better reserved for a different breed. Don't get me wrong, I'm frustrated with not being able to really see most eye types too, but larger eyes just don't really work on the hairy fairy dragon.

chxjGgQ.gif

He/Him
BPco0tZ.png HQsa6bD.png xvCXjXc.png FR+3
With the new ancient breed we can finally have our long horse fandragons
With the new ancient breed we can finally have our long horse fandragons
YRmQuaa.png

Wishlist
Flight Rising World Records
Art Shop
FR +2
[quote name="Undel" date="2020-04-12 16:43:17" ] Hello everyone! We had some technical difficulties with recording the stream while offline. Long story short, it was one static frame the entire recording! Whoops! But here is the end result. We hope to have better luck with future recordings with this new ancient breed! [center][img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/updates/becauseyoureworthit.png[/img][/center] Edit: Thanks for the feedback! Here is an updated version that still can't get a trim: [center][img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/updates/trytryagain.png[/img][/center] [/quote] Sugestion: how about a hairdresser familiar?
Undel wrote on 2020-04-12 16:43:17:
Hello everyone! We had some technical difficulties with recording the stream while offline. Long story short, it was one static frame the entire recording! Whoops!
But here is the end result. We hope to have better luck with future recordings with this new ancient breed!
becauseyoureworthit.png

Edit: Thanks for the feedback! Here is an updated version that still can't get a trim:
trytryagain.png

Sugestion: how about a hairdresser familiar?
Consciousness is more of a continuum than a binary.
[quote name="Amut" date="2020-04-25 17:13:33" ] Y'know what, this is an Arcane breed. [/quote] [i]*Gasp!*[/i] And this breed is interesting....don't know if hair and bug go together, but I like it!
Amut wrote on 2020-04-25 17:13:33:
Y'know what, this is an Arcane breed.
*Gasp!*
And this breed is interesting....don't know if hair and bug go together, but I like it!
BVUXJUX.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifBreeze or Breezy
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifFR + 1
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Future Author, Artist, and Poet!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifI love roleplaying!

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Art Shop Coming Soon!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif I love Hamilton
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifVery Active on FR!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifCredit!
28262.png
[img]https://imgur.com/9Q4jS5K.jpeg[/img] Couple of changes I wish would happen . The horns just look odd to me with the current drawing
9Q4jS5K.jpeg

Couple of changes I wish would happen . The horns just look odd to me with the current drawing
Fd5cQVO.jpeg
I'm really excited to see how this one turns out!

Transparent wings would be super cool for this one since the wings resemble those of bugs, and the moth antennae + bigger eyes ideas are 10/10

Also can't wait to see what's done with the hair in terms of skins/accents and genes o:
I'm really excited to see how this one turns out!

Transparent wings would be super cool for this one since the wings resemble those of bugs, and the moth antennae + bigger eyes ideas are 10/10

Also can't wait to see what's done with the hair in terms of skins/accents and genes o:
47018780_aXHVazmsVPt3a30.png3f3c4c9ef2ed23e22d8cfe4de42dd06a7832ab91.png
[center][img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/updates/trytryagain.png[/img][/center] I actually like this design! Maybe another set of wings and some antennae would be cool, but overall, I just love the concept and all that h a i r I know that the goopy hair should look kinda wet and flowy and be like a water flight dragon to me, but something about the look [s]and shadowbinder's goop[/s] just screams "Shadow flight". [s]But part of me just wants Tidelord to come back with these dragons so idk[/s]
trytryagain.png

I actually like this design! Maybe another set of wings and some antennae would be cool, but overall, I just love the concept and all that h a i r
I know that the goopy hair should look kinda wet and flowy and be like a water flight dragon to me, but something about the look and shadowbinder's goop just screams "Shadow flight". But part of me just wants Tidelord to come back with these dragons so idk
HIqNF92.png
I read every reply and message I get, but it may take some time for me to respond. Feel free to send another one if I haven't responded in over a day!
She/they
Wishlist
FR time +10
1 2 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88